Wolf's Tail: A LEO Journey

By WyxNull

The game of Limitless Expanse Online raged across the world, quickly becoming the hottest game around for 7 y... More

Chapter.1-Wolken
Chapter.3-The Shift
Chapter.4-Lost Elf
Chapter.5-Somalspire
Chapter.6-All Rise...
Chapter.7-...For The Honorable
Chapter.8-The Heist
Chapter.9-The Voyage(part 1)
Chapter.10-The Voyage(part 2)
Chapter.11-Alpha Wolf
Chapter.12-OP?
Chapter.13-The Capital
Chapter.14-A Classy Establishment
Chapter.15-The Short Journey
Chapter.16-Combat? Please?
Chapter.17-Finally?!
Chapter.18-Resonance
Chapter.19-Ahh! Solo!
Chapter.20-Of Smoke and Wolves
Chapter.21-Thief in the Night
Chapter.22-Ahhh... Piracy?
Chapter.23-Calm Before The Storm
Chapter.24.1-The Storm(part 1)
Chapter.24.2-The Storm(part 1)
Chapter.24.3-The Storm(part 1)

Chapter.2-Status

43 3 0
By WyxNull

[Name:Wyx Olfen][Wolfkin][Female}

(level:0)

Strength:12 Intelligence:11

Dexterity:14 Wisdom:8

Constitution:10 Charisma:15

Health:50/50(5*CON) - Stamina:50/50(5*lvl) - Mana:55/55(5*INT)

Titles:None

Racial Abilities:Pack(P), Shift(A)

Skills:

Player Abilities:Predator's Drive(P,1), Gambler(A,1)

I quickly glance through my stats, seeing that I am indeed a wolfkin. And a female. I do not know what I would've done if the game changed my sex. I look through my status at the unknown abilities that I have. Most races had two race specific abilities. One passive and one active. Passive Abilities(P) are always active while Active Abilities(A) require one to activate them, usually for a Stamina Point or Mana Point cost. There were rare cases where Health Points were used instead.

An example of race specific abilities would be the human abilities. Their passive is called Morale Boost. This passive basically makes it so that, in combat, humans had a higher starting Morale, no matter the situation. The active ability for Humans is Indomitable Will. This active ability converts the mana of a person directly into health, making some humans an annoyance to kill.

I have no idea what mine do, so like how you activate most things in this, I focus my intention on wanting to see what the abilities do. The way the interface works is by the system reading what your intentions are and trying to comply with what you want to happen. A small box shows up on my vision with my desired information.

{Ding! Ability: Pack: All lupine creatures or creatures that are related will have their relationship start on Close Friends. Also grants the ability to read the intentions and feelings of all lupine creatures or creatures that are related}

So this skill is the one making it so that the wolves will not tear me to tiny bits. Thank God!. It sets the relationship status of all lupines to Close Friends. There are many different types of relationships in Limitless Expansion Online. There are faction relationships, individual relationships, race relationships, romance relationships, and a few more. Each different relationship does a different thing.

For example, on my main account, I have human racial relationships to Close Friends. This means that on encountering a human NPC(Non Player Character) they would be friendly to me. At the same time, I had some individual relationships that were enemies among the human race. The racial relationship is the overall relationship, but others like individuals and factions override the racial relationship.

My other racial ability is called [Shift]. What does that do? Can I phase through objects? Sounds pretty cool for a racial ability. And it's my active ability, so it should be something amazing.

{Ding! Ability: Shift: Change forms to that of a humanoid Wolfkin if in wolf form, or changes to that of a wolf if in humanoid form.}

That sounds awesome. I'll have to experiment with [Shift] in the future. The ability to change forms is a rare one in Limitless Expansion. It takes a certain amount of ability to be able to walk and control two different forms, especially if it is a no bi-pedal form, like a wolf.

First though, I have two Player abilities. Player abilities are abilities that are generated upon character creation. Every player of Limitless Expansion has at least one and sometimes two. Sometimes they are really good, sometimes they really suck. There is one constant throughout all Player abilities though, they are completely random.

I remember that a few years ago, somebody got the ability to turn into a tree. At the time everyone thought it was really cool, but after the player used it he could not change back. See, trees do not usually have a thinking process, so he could not actively use his ability to turn back into a human. Luckily he could still log out, so he was able to delete his account and create a new one. Every account can only have one character that is bound to the account.

The company behind Limitless Expansion apologized and gave him $1000 USD for his troubles. This is just one example of a terrible Player ability. There are also quite a few amazing ones.

One of the Beta players, Queen Of Blades, got the ability to turn invisible. She proceeded to become the number 1 assassin on the ranking leader boards for 7 years straight.

I look at mine and focus on the information.

{Ding! Ability: Predator's Drive: Restores 50% of HP, SP, and MP by killing any creature, living or dead.}

{Ding! Ability: Gambler:Gives a completely random Item. Also increases luck by 10 points. Cool down:24 hours}

OP! The Predator's Drive is so overpowered! If I ever get into combat in this account and get hurt, all I would have to do is kill a bird and I would get 50% of my attribute points back. This is probably the most broken ability I have ever seen.

If it was a set number like 100 or something, it would be good at early game, but would completely suck late game. Since this is a percentage though, it is overpowered.

Say I have 25,000 health. It would take a minute for a healer or medic to heal me 12,500 Health Points. But with this ability, I could heal 12,500 health instantly as long as there are creatures around me to kill.

Gambler seems like it could be good, but it is a completely chaotic ability. On one hand, I could get a legendary weapon, on the other, I could get a stick or a teacup. This ability is a double edged sword. It could be good, but it will fill my inventory with crap before it does become good.

I pull up the quick menu for the game and search for the logout button. Where is my logout button? I try to bring it up every way I can think of. I bring up the main menu and it is not where it is supposed to be. Instead a grayed out box called NPC Functions is there. Does the game think I am a NPC?

I have never heard of this before. I try to activate the call Admin on my menu, but it also is not there. I am starting to freak out.

Am I stuck? I can't be stuck! I have so much more in life! I have...

Instead of freaking out, I quickly become depressed. I don't have anybody or anything close to me. Family? They abandoned me when they found out I had cancer instead of taking care of me. Friends? Who would want to be friends with someone that has a ticking time bomb in their body. Pets? Right, like a hospital would allow a basically dead patient to take care of a dog. The closest thing to a pet I had was when the hospital would allow a dog to come to my room to cheer me up.

If I did not have anybody close, then who paid for my hospital stay? I did of course. I convinced the hospital director to buy me a gaming setup. He agreed only because then the hospital wouldn't have to waste resources to keep an almost dead patient happy. Using the pod I got, I started boosting others accounts in multiple games until LEO came out. Then LEO became the only games I played. I even got to the pro leagues 1v1 tournament a few times. I didn't get very far since I was by myself, and I had the worst class and build to be self sufficient.

I made Crimzzzon Sniper a tank class character. At the time I thought people would finally be my friends and play with me. How naive. Even when nobody knew I was dying others did not care about me. I was alone, like I always have been. If I was a tank, then how did I get into pro league 1v1s? Easy, skill. But skill and prowess can only take you so far when you have no backers nor any way to get the items and equipment you need. Skill and prowess were very handy when it came to boosting though.

People would complain about me all the time to the company, saying I was boosting accounts and trying to get me banned. The company always replied to the hate mail with the same thing. "Limitless Expansion Online prides itself on being completely free to do anything you want. If a player wants to boost others to an elevated status, that is their right. Just like how all the players that complain about others' business have a right to complain. If we were to go against [Player: Crimzzzon Sniper]'s freedom to boost others, we would be betraying our company's goals and morals. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you understand."

The company would not do anything about anything a player chose to do unless it was against the terms and conditions to play the game. One such thing would be like another taking a problem in game to someone out of game or spawn camping lower leveled players.

As the depression starts to grow, a larger gray wolf licks my arm and lays down next to me. I sigh before looking at myself as I pet the wolf's head. At least I can make friends with wolves in this life.

All this time I have not yet looked at myself. I did not get a character creation menu, so I have no idea how I look.

The first thing I notice is that I am completely naked. I don't have anything on. The second thing I notice is the tail. A large black tail is laying over my leg, covering up the important bits.

In LEO, it truly is a realistic game. Everything that could be done in real life could be done here. I do mean everything. Once your age is confirmed to be past your country's legal age of adulthood, everything is possible. The censorships have an option to get removed.

Some countries complained about the censorships, but quickly stopped complaining after the company put the restrictions back on. Who would have thought that by being able to commit crimes and get rid of your urges in game the crime rates would go down?

I pull on the black tail to get it off of me, thinking it is the wolf that just laid down next to me's tail. A sharp pain in my back from the pulling quickly changes my thoughts. 'Is this my tail?'

I try to control it, and sure enough the tail moves. It starts to sway back and forth. I quickly open up my inventory and look for clothes. I see that I have a single set and a black cloak. I stand up, gently nudging the sleeping pups to the side and put on the clothes.

The inventory and equipment in this game is weird compared to many other games. A player only has three slots to store items in their inventory. If you fill that up, then you need to get a backpack. Every inventory except the three player slots works like real life. You have to manually store and squeeze things into a bag. Equipping items and weapons is also unlike other games. A player has to manually put on all items and sheaths. Once you do the action enough to a certain point, the equipment kind of auto equips. Like the pants I just put on. After I pulled them up, my tail automatically created a hole in it.

When players started to complain about the inventory, the company said, "This is to increase the realism of the game. In order to make this game as realistic as we can while still being fun, we have given the player three inventory slots. If you want to increase this further, there are certain items and consumables that will increase this amount."

I reach up to my head and start to pull the cloak on, stopping when my hand reaches something furry on top of my head. Two ears.

As I rub the furry ears, an intense feeling of satisfaction radiates through me like a bomb. I can hear my hands messing with my ears and I finally realize, these are my ears. I don't have human ears on the side of my head, I have wolf ears on the top of my head. I quickly lower my hands to my face in a panic but let out a sigh of relief as I feel a human face. Thank God that I look like a human except the tail and ears.

I glance at the wolves around me. Most of them are laying down on the ground in groups. There are a few standing up and watching their surroundings like haw- errr wolves. About half of the wolves are watching the pups sleeping on the ground while the other half are watching the large gray wolf laying down next to me.

I take the opportunity to inspect the wolves around me.

{Ding! Wolf}

{Ding! Wolf}

{Ding! Wolf}

...

{Ding! Alpha Wolf

Hp:100

SP:100

Attack Power:50}

The way the inspection works in LEO is by showing a person the bare minimum stats of a creature. Things like their race, stats, and name. The race shown can be confusing though. Say you see what you think is a human, but is actually an elf. Since you think it is a human, it will show as a human. Now say that you see a creature that you have never seen before and have no idea what it could be. The creature's true race will be revealed upon inspection. The reason why this happens is, for the most part, so players and creatures in the game can hide what race they are from other creatures/players. Like an elf hiding as a human.

All of the wolves around me are of the normal variant except the large gray one laying down next to me. Big gray is the [Alpha Wolf] of this pack. I feel a little bit honored that the alpha would come himself to cheer me up. Reminds me of the friends I wish I had.

Right, surrounded by wolves, this is the perfect time to test out that [Shift] ability. It looked very intriguing, but in my seven years of Limitless Expansion, I have never heard about this ability. Then again, I also have not ever heard about someone being trapped in a game without the log out of the call admin feature. Actually, that is not strictly true. I have heard about it in books and shows. What was that genre again?

I activate my racial ability [Shift]. Upon activation, I immediately regret my decision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 21 32
Everyone has been searching for the one prophesied hundreds of years ago, an alpha with the eyes of a true wolf, who will rise up to become the one t...
319K 13.6K 63
After an encounter with an archangel, Claire Hill, or more aptly known as the 'Ice Queen' by the rest of her peers, is sent to another world. With a...
310 5 44
VIRTUAL INSPIRATION: TEST OUT the SPIRAL INTERFACE and ENTER the brave new SUPER-WORLDS... For there are no limitations, only imagination and ideas...
173K 7.3K 23
Irrepressible. Extraordinary. Indestructible. Her name is Nova, like the muscle car, or a supernova, and she is a cosmic hurricane in Puck's wo...