RWBY X MALE READER

By Bossforlife75

You are the son of Vergil, the dangerous older brother of the famous devil hunter Dante. After your village i... More

(Definitive) Prologue.
Bio (slightly updated)
Part 1: Welcome to vale
Part 2:The Shining beacon
Part 3: The initiation
Teaser
Part 4: The badge and burden
Part 5: Jaunedice
Part 6 :Forever fall, but never forgotten
Part 7 :The Stray
Part 8: Black and White and Demons awaken
Vol. 2 Part 1: Best Day Ever
Vol.2 part 2: Painting the town red, pasts can't stay buried.
Vol.2 part 3: Extracurricular Field Trip.
10K?!
Vol.2 Part. 4: The Boogeyman's Tale.
Vol.2 part 5: Breach (The Showdown) pt.1
Vol.2 part 6: Resurgence (The Showdown) pt.2
Vol.2 part 7: Retribution (The Showdown Finale)
Vol.3 part 1: Round One's New Challengers.
Vol.3 part, 2: It's Brawl in the Family.
Vol.3 part, 3: Never miss a beat.
Vol.3 part, 4: Fall.
Vol.3 part, 5: Destiny.
Vol.3 part, 6: PVP.
Vol 3. part, 7: The battle of Beacon.
Vol.3 part, 8: Heroes and Monsters.
Vol.3 part, 9: The Beginning of The end.
Vol.4 part, 1: The Next Step Is Always The Hardest.
Vol.4 part, 2: Long time no see.
Vol.4 part, 3: Two Steps Forward, Three From Hell.
Vol.4 part, 4: Against All Odds.
Vol.5 part, 1: The Menagerie.
Vol. 5 part, 2: Keep Walking The Line.
Vol. 5 part, 3: The Approaching Storm.
Vol. 5 part, 4: Don't Fear The Reaper.
Vol. 5 part, 5: Restful Reunions.
Vol.6 part, 1: Argus Unlimited.
Vol.6 Part, 2: Alone in Darkness.
Vol.6 part, 3: The Grimm's Reaper.
Vol.6 part, 4: Dead end.
Vol.6 part, 5: Something wicked this way comes.
Vol.6 part, 6: This Is The Way.
Vol. 7 part, 1: The Greatest Approach.
Vol. 7 part, 2: Ceremonial Circumstances.
Character Bio and Announcement.
Vol. 7 part, 3: A Cordial Night Out.
Vol. 7 part, 4: The Road to Hell...
Extra Chapter 1: Tale of the Fallen Swordsmen.
Extra Chapter 2: Eclipse
Special Chapter 1: The Devil's Rose.

Vol.3 part, 10: Don't say goodbye...

290 4 1
By Bossforlife75

(Y/n) POV.
Beacon courtyard, 10:08 AM.

Me: "Ruby? Is-Is that you?"

???:*Giggle "That's a pretty good guess, maybe this'll help."

Pulling the hood of her cloak over her head, taking a closer look at the woman before I recognize her from Qrow's old team photo.

Me: "Are you... Summer Rose?"

Summer: "In the flesh, or spirit I should say. Hello (Y/n), it is a pleasure to finally meet you. I've been meaning to speak with you for some time now."

Me: "Wait. How am I talking to you right now, shouldn't I be dead?"

Summer: "Well, yes and no. Your body has died, but your soul however isn't ready or can't leave yet."

Me: "I-I don't understand."

I say out of confusion, being completely dumbfounded at her answer.

Summer: "(Y/n). Have you heard the stories about the Silver eyed warriors?"

Me: "Y-Yeah, when I was young my mom would tell me about how they were the greatest fighters before Huntsmen even existed, and that they could kill Grimm just by looking at them. Why?"

Summer: "Because you are one of those warriors."

Me: "H-How? My eyes aren't silver."

Summer: "I am aware of that, but have you ever wondered where that silver power you showed during your fight with Jack?"

Me: "You know about that?"

Summer: "Yes, he and I had a chat while you were unconscious."

Me: "I always just assumed it was apart of my semblance."

Summer: "You're really clever (Y/n), you are technically correct in that regard. If I remember correctly, your semblance is a sort of regeneration? Almost like a last ditch effort tactic where your power output increases, but at the cost of expending the remainder of your Aura, am I correct?"

Me: "Yeah, since I unlocked my semblance I've only been able to use it a few times, and it was really exhausting when I did."

Summer: "I'm not surprised, using those powers takes a lot of training in order to maintain them. Yours seem to be different, and yet somehow you were able to fully control it not once, but twice."

Me: "It was like my body would move on it's own, I didn't even have to think about attacking or evading."

Summer: "Ozpin had once told me stories about a few of these warriors, some having the ability to absolutely free themselves of any fears, doubts or emotions and focus solely on the battle at hand, attacking and defending themselves seamlessly without the need of thought. In other instances, even recover from injuries most would consider fatal while others could even rise from the dead. Working in a way almost similar to your semblance."

Me: "Why are you telling me this?"

I ask, raising my eyebrow at Ruby's mother while crossing my arms.

Summer: "Ozpin put his faith into you to become a protector of the Maidens, there's always a reason behind the things he does. For the time being, you're going to help Ruby and the others.

Me: "What does that mean? And as much as I would love to, how can I help if I'm dead?"

I ask, before hearing the caw of a crow flying overhead, when I look back to the woman she was gone, only hearing her disembodied voice.

Ruby: 'It seems like our time is up, (Y/n). Keep Ruby safe, and be sure not to die again.'

Me: "Wait! I still don't understand, Summer!"

Was all I could manage, as a blinding flash of light engulfs me and my surroundings.

Small timeskip, a few minutes later.

Walking over a huge pile of dissolving Grimm bodies, Qrow stops in front of (Y/n)'s corpse his body had been drained dry of all his blood which made him look visibly thinner, sighing while reaching in his pocket grabbing his flask and takes a long drink from it while staring down at (Y/n)'s body, then around at the carnage (Y/n) had inflicted during his final hours.

Qrow:*Sighs* "You sure went all out (Y/n)... *Looking back to (Y/n)* I guess 'ol Ozpin might've been onto something when he picked you. Rest easy kid."

Paying his respects as Qrow turns to leave, he could hear incoherent mumbling coming from behind him before a hand grabs his wrist, turning around Qrow sees (Y/n) spring to life with a deep inhalation of air.

(Y/n):*Gasping* "That you... Qrow?"

Another timeskip, Ruby's room in Patch.

Stirring awake as an incessant ringing fills her head, Ruby wakes up covered by a blanket while lying in a bed as she groans it wakes her father sitting in a chair.

Taiyang: "Ruby! You're awake!"

He says with relief filling his voice, as he rushes and kneels next to Ruby's bedside, groaning again while rubbing the side of her head.

Ruby: "What happened?"

Taiyang:*Sigh* "Your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there though; you home safe."

He explains as Ruby takes a moment to remember Yang's condition Hibbing her father a worried look.

Ruby: "Wait! Is Yang okay? Where is she?"

Taiyang: "Uhh... She's uh... She's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her."

Ruby looks down with a saddened expression as Taiyang sniffles and rubs his eyes.

Taiyang: "I'm just glad to have my girls back at home."

Ruby: "What happened to the school! And Vale! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?"

Taiyang: "Things at Vale are under control. But the school? It's... It's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is... Doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it. But... It's not disappearing. It's... kind of... frozen. I know that doesn't sound to bad but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school."

Ruby: "...I did what?"

Taiyang: "Hmm?"

Ruby: "You said did a number on it. What do you mean?"

She asks unsure of what her father meant.

Taiyang: "I... Look, that's not important right now, we can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess."

Qrow: "It's always a mess."

Qrow says appearing in front of the door drinking the rest of his flask shaking the last few drops from it.

Qrow: "Mind if we have a minute?"

Taiyang: "What, I can't stay here?"

Qrow: "Tai. Please."

Reluctantly sighing, Taiyang stand and kisses Ruby on her head.

Taiyang: "I'm glad, you're alright. I'll go make us some tea."

He says smiling at Ruby as he turns to leave and shoots Qrow a glare as he does, walking toward Ruby and pulling a chair next to her bedside.

Qrow: "So... how you feeling?"

He asks while taking a seat.

Ruby: "Uh.. I kind of hurt... all over."

Qrow:*Chuckling* "That makes sense, after what you did."

Ruby: "You guys keep saying that! That I did something. What are you talking about?"

Qrow: "What's the last thing you remember?"

Qrow asks after staying quiet for a moment, leaning forward in his chair as Ruby tries to recall the details of the previous night.

Ruby: "I ran up the side of the tower. And when I got to the top, I- *Gasps* Pyrrha and (Y/n)! Are they...?"

Qrow:*Solemnly* "They're gone."

Ruby: *Shaky* I-I... I... I got to the top and saw Pyrrha and (Y/n)... and Cinder, I watched (Y/n) die..."

Ruby's voice trembles as a few tears fall from her face and onto her blanket.

Ruby: "And then everything went white."

Qrow: "Anything else?"

Ruby: "I remember... my head hurting."

She sniffles, wiping a tear from her eye.

Qrow: "The night you met Ozpin, what was the first thing he said to you?"

Ruby: "I don't know... I think it was something about-"

Qrow: "Silver eyes. That's an extremely rare trait."

Ruby: "So?"

Qrow: "You're special, Ruby. And not in the 'Daddy loves his special angel' kinda way. You're special the same way your mom was."

Ruby stays silent listening intently to Qrow.

Qrow: "Remnants full of legends and stories. Some of them true, some made up. But there's one Oz told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsmen, before Kingdoms. It was said that those born with Silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. You see the creatures of Grimm - the most fearsome monsters mankind had ever encountered - were afraid of those silver eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from one of these fighters could strike a Grimm down. Heh. It's a ridiculous story."

Ruby: "But... you think that I might be..."

Qrow:*Chuckle* "Well... A giant monster's currently frozen on top of Beacon tower. And you're here, safe in bed."

Standing up from his chair, Qrow walks over to the window and looks outside.

Ruby: "Wait... wait, how did you know what Ozpin said to me? The night we met..."

Leaning against the window, Qrow hangs his head and keeps quiet for a moment.

Qrow: "All those missions I go on, all the times I'm away in some far off place... It's all been for Ozpin. But he's missing now. Something's been set in motion... and with Oz gone. I'll have to pick up where he left off."

Ruby: "Then what can I do? If I'm so special, then I can help! Right?"

Qrow:*Sighs* "You really wanna help? Get some rest. You're in no condition to go anywhere right now."

He instructs Ruby, walking towards the door Qrow turns back to the bedridden girl.

Qrow: "Besides, our enemy's trail leads all the way to Haven. That'd be quite a trip for a pipsqueak like you. Catch you later, kiddo."

Walking out of the room and leaving Ruby by herself, taking a look out the window.

A few minutes later, Yang's room.

Yang sits in her bed while staring outside as Ruby enters.

Ruby: "Yang?"

Not receiving a reply, Ruby turns to leave as Yang stops her while continuing to look outside.

Yang: "Ruby."

Turning to her little sister with sadness, running over to Yang Ruby hugs her older sibling.

Ruby: "I'm so glad you're okay."

Yang: "But I'm not."

Ruby lets go of her, shifting her eyes to Yang's missing limb.

Yang: "It's all gone. The school... Penny... Pyrrha... and..."

A single tear slides down Yang's cheek, choking back her tears.

Yang: "(Y/n) too... And..."

Ruby: "Yang, where are Weiss and Blake?"

Yang: "Weiss' father... came for her."

Ruby: "What? What do you mean?"

Yang: "No one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell... The last thing people saw was Atlas attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So Weiss' father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone.

Ruby: "What about-"

Yang: "And Blake ran! Sun saw her go. After we got to the city... she just... ran!"

Ruby: "But... why?"

Yang: "I don't know. And I don't care."

She says returning to stare outside.

Ruby: "There has to be a reason she-"

Yang: "No, there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen, Ruby!"

Ruby: "So what do we do now?"

Yang: "You can do whatever you want. I'm just gonna lie here."

Ruby: "Yang..."

Yang: "Just leave me alone."

Walking out of Yang's room, Ruby turns back to her big sister.

Ruby:*Softly* "I love you."

Leaving Yang to think about (Y/n)'s last words before she lost consciousness.

Yang: 'You idiot. Why would you make me a promise, knowing you couldn't keep it?'

Wiping her eyes as she watches a leaf blow from a branch as snow begins to fall.

Small timeskip, Outside.

Walking out of the house wearing her normal clothes and sporting a backpack Ruby carefully closes the door.

Jaune: "Hey."

He says with his voice sounding hollow.

Ruby: "Hey, Jaune."

Walking over to the blonde knight.

Ruby: "Haven's a long way to go."

Jaune: "I know. But it's the only lead we have."

Ruby: "And you're sure you wanna come along?"

Ren: "The journey will be perilous, and whether we find answers at the end is entirely uncertain."

Nora: "But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it."

Ruby: "Then let's get started."

She says to the others before setting out on their journey.

???:*VO* "A smaller, more honest soul. It's true that a simple spark can ignite hope. Breathe fire into the hearts of the weary."

Taiyang walks into Ruby's room carrying a tray of tea, dropping the tray after seeing a note on his daughter's bed he runs out of the room and down the hallway passing Yang's room as she watches a Crow fly off from the branch of a tree.

???:*VO* "The ability to derive strength from hope is undoubtedly mankind's greatest attribute. Which is why... I will focus all of my power... to snuff it out. How does it feel? Knowing that all of your time and effort has been for nothing? That your guardians have failed you. That everything you've built, will be torn down before your very eyes. Your faith in mankind was not misplaced. When banded together, unified by a common enemy..."

Somewhere in downtown Vale, Glynda Goodwitch uses her telekinesis to try and repair a shop that had been destroyed only for her semblance to give out from exhaustion.

???:*VO* "But divide them.. place fear into their minds."

Running and jumping across rooftops on the rooftops in Vale, Blake takes a quick glance at the Wyvern perched on top of Beacon tower before she continues to leap from building to building, the scene changes to Weiss sitting down as she stares out the window of the airship while her father sits next to her, Weiss looks down at a sleeping Naomi resting her head on Weiss' lap, rubbing the little girls head and turning to her father.

???:*VO* "And any semblance of power they once had will wash away."

Ruby stands in front of her mother's headstone and turns back to her friends.

???:*VO* "Of course, they won't realize it at first. Like you, they'll cling to their fleeting hope. Their aspirations. But this is merely the first move. So you send your guardians... Your Huntsmen and Huntresses. And when they fail and you turn to your smaller soul, know that you send her to the same, pitiful demise."

A mysterious woman with completely pale skin and black veins covering her face and arms looks out on a desolate, barren wasteland covered by rocky terrain and enormous purple crystal sprouting from the grounds while a blood red sky hangs overhead.

Mysterious woman: "This is the beginning of the end, Ozpin. And I can't wait to watch you burn."

Turning to Sanji kneeling submissively in front of her, as the woman's eyes glow a bright red.

Watching from the edge of a cliff Qrow looks at Ruby's and the others walking down a road, then to Ozpin's cane while a slightly paler, thinner (Y/n) walks up and stands beside him.

Qrow: "They weren't kidding when they called you guys Revenants. You do know, I don't particularly like having to lie to my nieces. Right?"

(Y/n): "I know... I just felt like this needed to be done. So many times I've been responsible for the things that happened to Ruby and the others."

Turning his attention to Ruby and Jaune, making (Y/n) smile.

(Y/n): "Besides, I'm sure they can manage without me. Ruby's smart, so they'll be alright. And who knows, maybe some time down the line we'll run into each other. But, for now. I need to do stuff on my own."

Qrow: "What are you gonna do now?"

(Y/n): "You said that the trail ends in Haven?"

Qrow: "Yeah, so you're not going with them?"

(Y/n): "Yeah, I'm sure we'll cross paths again Qrow. Until then, see you later!"

(Y/n) smirks lightly punching Qrow's shoulder before jumping off the cliff, making Qrow smile at (Y/n)'s attitude.

Qrow: "See you around, kid."

Taking one last look at Ozpin's cane Qrow also leaps off the edge, a moment later a Crow flies off in the direction of Ruby and the others, following the group from behind.

Timeskip, Location unknown.

Walking into a tavern with a jukebox blasting a song in the background, while a man wearing a tattered brown cloak saunters up to the bar as the female bartender stares at him for a moment.

Bartender: "What's your poison?"

Cloaked man: "Whiskey. Straight. And leave the bottle."

Putting some lien on the bar, the bartender places a glass in front of him she pours the liquid, leaving the bottle of liquor in front of him as a large burly man also walks up to the bar and starts arguing with the woman.

Burly man: "Hey, bitch! Where the fuck's my refill?! I ordered it five minutes ago!"

Bartender: "I'm sorry, sir. I'll get on it right away-"

Slam!

The two turn their attention to the cloaked man, as he glares at the burly from behind his hood.

Cloaked man: "Hey dickhead, I would appreciate it if you'd leave the lady alone and let me drink in peace."

Burly man: "What the hell did you just call me?"

Cloaked man: "What? Don't like that one? I've got others."

Burly man: "I think you should leave before you get hurt, you piece of shit."

Two more men walk up behind the cloaked figure, the muscular man getting in his face.

Bartender: "He's not joking, it's probably best you leave."

The cloaked man withdraws, standing up and walking towards the entrance, the man insults him as he passes.

Burly man: "All bark and no bite."

Man 2: "Ha, what a pussy!"

The cloaked man sighs and walks over to the door.

Cloaked man: "You know a friend of mine once told me. Manners. maketh... man."

Bolting and locking the tavern doors, the cloaked figure turns back to the three men.

Cloaked man: "Do you know what that means? Well let me teach you."

One of the men throws a punch at the cloaked figure his fist connects with nothing, hitting the hood of the man's cloak instead, (Y/n) crouches in front of the man grabbing the sword on his belt with his free hand and unsheathes the blade, (Y/n) smirks at the three.

(Y/n): "Jack's back!!!"

His crooked grin startling and making the three men uneasy before shooting off from his position and towards the men.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 133 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
13.1K 156 28
RWBY x male son of vergil reader
396K 5.4K 79
Vergil; the Son of Sparda. Dark Slayer. Alpha and Omega. Devil in a Blue Coat. He has been given many names, his legacy left in his wake through trav...
61K 1K 14
Vol.4 is here... Some time has past since the fall of Beacon. After what happened you there, you decided it was time to face what you are and help Ru...