By my Side ~ Tom Felton fanfic

By slitherin2209

During all her hardship, there was one person who was always by her side. His name was Tom Felton. Cover cred... More

Chapter 1: When it Begun
Chapter 2: The Audition
Chapter 3: Result
Chapter 4: Morning Email
Chapter 5: Privet Drive
Chapter 6: Photoshoot
Chapter 7: Picnic
Chapter 8: Hogwarts
Chapter 9: Muggle School
URGENT QUESTION!!
Chapter 10: Premiere
Chapter 11: First Kiss
Chapter 12: Loss
Chapter 13: Edward Fullen
Chapter 14: Change
Chapter 15: Abuse
Chapter 16: Just Bestfriends
Chapter 17: Promises
Chapter 18: Stars can't Shine without any Darkness
Chapter 19: First Date with Him
Chapter 20: Relief
Chapter 21: Kissing for a Scene
Chapter 22: For the Future
Chaper 23: Decisions
Chapter 24: My Secret, Our Secret
Chapter 25: Arashi
Chapter 26: Movie, Foods and Quoting
Chapter 27: Gym
Chapter 28: Music and Preparation
Chapter 29: Photos
Chapter 30: Interviews
Chapter 31: After Party
Chapter 32: Los Angeles
RIP Alan Rickman
Chapter 33: Thanking
Chapter 34: New Flat
Chapter 35: His Birthday
Chapter 36: Slytherin? Gryffindor.
Chapter 37: Running
Chapter 38: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 39: Confession
Chapter 40: Hogwarts in Ruins
Chpater 41: Twentieth, not even my Twenty-first
Chapter 42: Leavesden
Chapter 44: Early Morning
Chapter 45: Ballet
Chapter 46: Injury
Chapter 47: Psychologist
Chapter 48: the Assistant
Chapter 49: Hate and Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Reunion
Chapter 51: The Unknown
Chapter 52: Final Premiere
Chapter 53: Surprises
Chapter 54: Chase
Chapter 55: Shocking Truth
Chapter 56: Fight
Chapter 57: Mistakes
Chapter 58: Bulletwound
Chapter 59: the Different Paths
Chapter 60: Apologies
Chapter 61: By My Side
Epilogue
Thank You!
Announcement

Chapter 43: Moving

1.2K 49 12
By slitherin2209

A/N
Sorry that I'm jumping in time every now and often. 😅 And, again, I've got absolutely NO idea about buying houses so what I'm going to write is purely my guess/imagination 👐🏼

Mid July was when Tom and I landed in LA for the second time. Almost exactly a month after the completion of Deathly Hallows. The current time was four o'clock in the afternoon.

'This doesn't feel real.' I laughed as I put my sunnies on while we walked out of the airport with our luggage.

'To be honest, it doesn't to me either.' He laughed too.

There were quite a few paparazzi who seemed to be taking photos of us from both close and from a distance. Tom's still-reasonably-blond hair stood out quite well for them. Some even tried to grab hold of us.

Then I saw my manager waving at us so we hurried over to her.

'Glad you've made it.' Naomi half smiled as she quickly chucked out suitcases into the boot.

'Thanks for everything, Naomi.' I said as I jumped into the car, followed by Tom, before the paps could attack us.

'It's my job.'

Then she drove off from the carpark of the airport and headed towards the house that Tom and I bought.

Yes. We have a house!

For the past month we had been looking at houses in Beverly Hills ("Why not hey?" ~ Tom) online and about two weeks ago we had a look around at all of them in real life. Then eventually, we decided on a two storey house that was on the end of a road, top of a hill in Beverly Hills with a fairly large pool.

It was a modern design with large windows at the back of the house looking over towards the city and the ocean, which we both absolutely loved and was one of the main reason we chose here. The location of the house was really convenient too. There were several large department stores or shopping centres around here, it was close to my uni, there are few large parks and was a peaceful place.

Naomi moved to Santa Monica with her family as well, so that was great.

'Did you and Emma cope okay?' I could tell that her lips were twitching while she said so.

'Oh honestly, it was the worst.' Tom sighed sounding half amused. 'They were bawling their eyes out.'

'I can totally picture that.' Naomi laughed.

'It was emotional okay.'

'You're gonna see each other in like two weeks.'

'But we won't see each other for a year after the premiere!'

'You'll survive. It's not like she's oxygen to you. Besides, you're surviving without your brother and your family.' She said matter-of-fact-ly. 'And, Emma's coming to America soon too.'

'Like on the other side of the country.'

'Excuses excuses.' Naomi laughed.

'It's not that funny!'

'Well done to you for coping with her so far.' Naomi said to Tom, which caused him to chuckle.

'Honestly, I got used to it.' Tom said. He then saw me giving him a half-hearted look and he ruffled my hair, grinning.

'The furniture that you chose with the house came so I just randomly placed them. You can change them later however you two wish.' Naomi said changing topic. When we bought the house, the sellers gave us lists of suggestions for furnitures such as sofas and beds that could suit the design of the house which we went and see. 'I've also put few foods in the kitchen. And the Wi-Fi's set, you just nee the password which's in this box.' She held up a rectangular box with her right hand (yes she was on the left seat which was still pretty weird for me). 'Oh - there's toiletries in the master bathroom too.'

'How much was it?'

'Oh don't worry about it. It's not much anyway. Enough to keep you both surviving for like two days. But I have to say, I would like some back for the Wi-Fi.'

'Sure thing.'

We arrived at our new home about twenty minutes later. The front was closed off from the road with walls and there was a gate to enter the front garden. To the actual front door, there was a small footpath which I quite liked.

'Here's the keys,' Naomi said handing me three silver keys. 'and it's all yours.'

'Aren't you coming in?' I asked as she showed no sign of it.

'I've got house work to do and few other things so.' She said. 'You enjoy your week off, okay? It'll be the longest one you'll get for the year.'

I nodded.

'Just remember that the rest of your things and your car is arriving at eleven on Wednesday. So make sure you wake up before that.' She directed the last sentence at me. 

'Sounds good.' Tom said, nodding.

'See you two soon then.' She smiled and drove off.

I turned around as Tom inserted the key in the gate.

'Open it with me.' He cracked a smile.

Giggling, I placed my hand with his and unlocked the door. We opened it together too.

As soon as we stepped in, a large furry brown dog greeted us by sprinting out from the corner.

'Timber!' Tom yelped happily as she jumped into his arms, licking his face. 'Hey girl. I missed you!'

Timber barked once happily, wagging her tail furiously before jumping at me.

'Oof - hey Timber. Yes yes I missed you too!' I laughed as she licked my face.

'Give me more attention.'

I burst out laughing as Tom threw his arms around Timber and I.

'Someone's jealous hey Timber?' I said to her, sandwiching her face between by hands.

'Come on.' He whined, scooping me up in bridal style as I squealed because it was so sudden. Timber jumped up happily with her tongue drooping out from her open mouth.

After Tom put me down on the ground at the large front door, we unlocked and opened it.

With our arms wrapped around each other's waist, we stepped in together as we watched Timber dart in start to wonder around her new home. We were in the entrance area where we could hand up photos or place small cabinets and what not. To our slight right was a curved staircase that lead up to the smaller-out-of-the-two lounge area which looked down into the entrance like a balcony. Below that lounge room was the laundry and a bathroom. Directly in front of us ran a long corridor with the large windows along it the entire way until it turned into a corner.

The kitchen and dining area which was the first room down. The kitchen had dark brown counters with white marble tops and the dining area had a large wooden table with six white comfy chairs around it. The area next to the kitchen and dining was a large living area with black leather sofas/armchairs with an 80-inch built in TV. So basically the kitchen, dining and lounge area was within one enormous room. The floors were covered entirely in brown flooring.  

Further down the corridor was an enclosed room, which was made sound proof. This was Tom's favourite room in the house; the music room. Once all of our belongings and furniture and what not arrived, the instruments which were my violin, Tom's guitars and microphone (yes, he sings too which I love) and the grand piano that Leavesden Studios gave it to me from one of the music rooms would go in here.

Around the corner from there was one of the four bedrooms in this house and we decided to use that for the guests, if we did have them. This room was the only one in the bottom floor which had carpets.

The entire backyard was a deck, except for a small hilly section which was covered in soft grass, with a built in pool and spa. The water in the pool looked nice and cool and was shimmering in the still-bright sunlight. The first three windows were also sliding doors which we used to go outside. There was a small roofed area with LED lighting. Near that was a white couch, which I quite liked the design. On the far end of the pool was where all the pool chairs and small tables were. 

Over all, this place was really nice and it was really calming during the night where the lights were on in the house and we could look over the lit up city of Los Angeles. 

'WOOOOOO HOOOO!!' He suddenly yelled happily after the door had closed behind us, which made me jump but then laugh. He scooped my up and started to spin around, laughing so much from joy in the entrance room. Smiling widely, I leaned down and kissed him as he stopped spinning.

'I can't believe this's happening...' He whispered and I could hear his smile even with my eyes shut.

'Well it is so embrace it.' I giggled, wrapping my legs around his waist and kissing him again.

'I will I will.' He laughed. I opened my eyes and I saw the biggest smile I've ever seen before. I smiled back at him.

'Are you hungry yet?' He asked innocently as he put me back down on the floor.

'Kind of. Kind of not.'

'Well I am so let's look what Naomi's got us.' He cracked a cheeky grin and he pulled me into the kitchen.

Tom opened the fridge to find it reasonably full.

'We could have lasagne.' I suggested, looking at the ingredients.

'Yeah but I can't wait that long.' He pouted. Then he looked into the cupboard. 'Hey, there's taco shells.'

'OH MY GOSH TACOS. WE CAN DO TACOS.'

He jumped from my sudden excitement but laughed. 'Let's do it.'

So then Tom chopped up the lettuce, tomatoes and onions while I heated up the pan. When he was finished with the onions I chucked them in with the beef. Timber was jumping up on me from the smell so much that Tom dragged her away into the lounges and looked after her until I had finished. 

'Sorry, I would help. But...' 

'No no, it's okay.' I laughed. 'But would you mind turning on the air con please?'

'Yeah sure.' Tom said standing up with Timber in his arms. She's huge, by the way. 'If I can work it out how it works... Aha.' 

Instantly the sheer curtains started to ripple from the quiet cool wind coming out of the air con. 

'Thaanks.' 

'Welcooome.' 

It was a good thing that the table was relatively high that Timber wasn't able to steal the food. I sat at one end of the table while Tom sat next to me on the longer side. 

'Anything you want to do during the week?' He asked before he took a huge bite into his tacos. 

'Well I think we should at least introduce ourselves to our neighbours,' He nodded to that. 'Then at some point go look at the shopping mall and see where the closest Starbucks is -' He made an expression of "of course". 'and just... relax, I suppose. Get rid of the jet lag and get used living here too.'

'Sounds like a plan.' He grinned. 'And good thing Naomi bought your hams too hey, Timber?' He scratched her in the chin. 

I realised that I was smiling at them. 

'What?' He smiled when he caught me.

'Nothing.' I laughed softly. Still keeping his smile, he pulled my head closer to his and kissed me, entwining our hands together. I kissed him back and long moments later we broke apart but still nuzzled our noses against each others.

We were about to start a new a life together in a new place, new people and new experiences. It seemed so... magical.

'I'm tired.' I murmured, opening my eyes.

Laughing quietly, Tom raised his head to look at the time which was seven o'clock.

'It's three in the morning back in London.' He chuckled. 'Should we go to bed?'

I nodded.

After we cleaned up the table and left the dishes in the washing machine, we headed to the laundry room with Timber following, wagging her tail. Tom brought Timber's bed with him that was placed under the small roof area near the sliding doors while I followed him up the arched stairs with her dry food and water bowls.

'How about a good night aye Timber? Good night?' Tom said as he placed her bed in the laundry room.

Without complaining, Timber trotted in and settled herself down. 

'Good girl.' 

'We'll see you tomorrow, okay?' I said, patting her on the head.

The upstairs, other than the smaller lounge room, had three bedrooms down the corridor where each of them had en-suites. At the furtherest end of the house was the master bedroom and it was significantly larger than the other three (if you include the guest room). The en-suite was larger too. The other two bedrooms upstairs was going to be our own room where we could do organise it however we wanted to do. 

'You take a shower first. I'll unpack.' I said as I started to unlock my suit case.

'To be honest, I'm quiet relieved you said that.' He laughed weakly.

'I know, that's why I said it.' I laughed too. If I took a shower first, he might not be able to take one because I took too long and he fell asleep. 

'I'll be quick.' He smiled as he planted a kiss on top of my head. 

'No take your time.' 

'Okay okay.' He chuckled and closed the door.

He came out in like, ten minutes, as soon as I finished unpacking.

'Your turn.' He ruffled my hair as he walked past.

So I grabbed my clothes that I had ready and slid into the bathroom. The shower head was one of those large ones and I. Loved. It!!!!

I put on quiet, calming music on my phone as I was in the shower for at least half an hour.  

When I got out, he was  already in bed, staring at the ceiling. I was quite surprised that he hadn't falled asleep yet. But when I lifted the sheets up to climb in next to him, Timber came jumping out of no where and caused me to scream really loudly and fall onto the floor. Tom burst out laughing while I shrieked, 'Timber!'

'Good girl Timber!' Tom choked, still laughing loudly.

'Tom!'

That was how my day ended on my first day at Los Angeles. 

Author's Note

So as I was writing this tonight I got a really big urge to have tacos for dinner. Like actual, and so I texted my mum and we ended up going to the shops to get tacos ingredients #winwin 

And pleaaaaase go check out my Draco fan fic "Choices" I need to know if anyone's interested to see the rest of the story :))))) 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Thanks!! xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 115 19
It has been nearly 3 years and finally Hermione has moved on from Draco. After attempting an extremely failed relationship with Ron, Hermione finds t...
7.9K 70 27
⛔COMPLETED ⛔ character: DRACO MALFOY/TOM FELTON /HARRY POTTER story: ONESHOTS X Y/N/drarry House:Slytherin/UK/Gryffindor Blood:Pureblood/your real...
18.4K 432 47
Short stories with your favorite boy Draco Malfoy played by Tom Felton. All short stories will be based on Draco Malfoy or Tom Felton.
3.5M 121K 32
Hermione Granger wants to get married and start a family of her own. But her future plans of wearing a wedding dress are shattered when Ron brea...