Nothing, But A Number

By JohnsonDreamer

PSA: THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A BLACK BROWN SKIN GIRL! THE MAIN CHARACTER IS BLACK! (There isn't a picture of th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter tweleve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thriry-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three

Chapter forty-nine

4.9K 271 163
By JohnsonDreamer

———
Picture of Story
——————-
Don't forget to comment and vote!
——————————-

Shannon's POV

Dinner went smoothly surprisingly, my mother kept up her good girl act in front of Lucas. Dante has been staring me down cautiously. Alexis has been happily talking and stuffing her mouth with food. Lucas has been talkative as well and has been showing me and Story attention, at one point I've became calm.

Sadly that all vanished when the men left the table to go and watch the football game or something. Dante and Lucas didn't want to leave, but the guys kept on suggesting it along with my sister and mother. Now I'm sitting here in front of my sister while the women talk down about me in front of us. All Alexis can do is give me a sorry look. It's sad really, to have an older sister who won't stick up for you.

What's even more fucked up is that if the roles were reversed, there wouldn't be any hesitation. Pregnant or not I would've been stuck up for her, and unlike her I've proven that over the years.

It be your own family.

At this point I don't even care, I feel numb to it now. I'm just letting shit take its course. I can see my mother is finding this amusing. As many times as I was called ugly today, they actually have me starting to believe it. Tracy hasn't shut up about her and Lucas so called connection, and frankly I don't care. They would make a cute couple together, why not go for it.

This is it I'm tired of it all, I am twenty-three years old. Meaning I've been through twenty-three years of bullshit after after bullshit. I'm fed up! I am officially an angry black women. I'm tired of not having the support I need from family, friends, and significant others. I'm tired of it damnit, and after today I'm dropping everyone. After the twenty-two years it took me to suppress the years of abuse and neglect, only took a couple hours for it to come back.

I've been crying on the inside since Lucas brought this shit up and my soul literally feels drained. The woman I have built of myself is over it, I hate to say it but it's time for me pick myself back up again.

"STOP IT!" Story yells.

Causing me to jump in my seat, and bring me out of my thoughts.

"STOP BEING MEAN TOWARDS MY MOMMY!" she yells, at the women at this table. "She hasn't done nothing to you, she has been quiet this whole night so stop bullying her!"

Story...

"Story!—" Alexis tries to scold.

"No!" Story shouts, at Alexis. "My mommy is beautiful and smart and has money just like you guys! She is also strong, so making her feel bad!"

It's a shame that your own child has to stick up for you.

Pushing my seat back I stand up, fed up with it all.

"Story let's go." I demand, keeping my eyes on Alexis.

"But mommy—"

"Let's go." I say, sternly.

She then gets up from her seat with her crayons and paper. Grabbing her hand we walk out the dining hall.

"Mommy, I didn't mean to make you upset it was just that they were making me mad because of all the bad things they were saying." Story, explains trying to keep up with my pace.

Opening the closet door I take our coats out and put her crayons and stuff in my purse. Squatting down I help her out her coat on and to pull her into a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you so much baby." I say, letting a few tears fall.

"I love you mommy." she says, hugging me back. "Why didn't you say anything back there, you always stick up for yourself." she says, rubbing my back.

"Because sweetheart, I was told to silence my voice." I answer.

"Well, don't do it again. I don't like when you're silent." she says, squeezing me.

Pulling away, I put my sunglasses on to hide my now red eyes from her. I take her hand and leave out the house, hoping to never look back.

After walking down the long driveway I start to feel refreshed by the cool breeze, despite me wanting to continue walking I know it's too cold to have Story out here. Taking my phone out I go to call an Uber.

"Mommy, let's just walk. I don't mind, plus it's pretty out here with all the Christmas lights lighting the night sky." Story says, looking up at me.

"Are you sure mamas?" I ask, looking down at her. "Yeah! Plus it's good excise as you would always say."

I just smile, and put my phone away. Taking my scarf off I wrap it around Story to make sure she's nice and warm.

"Mommy..." Story says, interrupting our peaceful silence.

"Hmm?" I ask, starting to become leveled again.

"You are a very pretty mommy." she says.

I glance down at her.

"You think so?" I ask, with a small smile.

She nods her head eagerly. Causing me to let off a small laugh.

"As long as you think so, that's all that matters." I say, squeezing her hand.

"She smiled!" Story whispers to herself excitedly.

Lucas's POV

"They what?!" me and Dante exclaim.

"They left." the mother shrugs.

I look over at Alexis to see to see her playing with her fingers. Taking my phone out I immediately try to call Shannon, but I am sent to voicemail. Walking out the dining hall I make my way to the front door. On my way there I go to check her location.

Yes, I have her location. I shared it with myself before I left for the two months.

As I'm putting my coat on her location is still trying to load. Feeling for the keys I see that she hasn't taken them.

I swear if my wife and child is harmed in anyway, I swear everyone that is in this damn house will be feeling my wrath to the fullest extent.

Walking out the front door her location finally loads.

Yes!

Shannon's POV

Right now me and Story is sitting at this family bar, in town. While Story colors and watch Hulu on my phone, I just sit here drinking and thinking. Not even five minutes ago I got a call from Nicolás mother saying that Nicky has passed. The moment those words left her mouth I almost lost it.

He's gone...my support system is gone.

But he promised me though, he gave me this ring as a promise. Despite our relationship Nicolás never falls sort on a promise.

It's a joke, it's a prank!

Yeah, it has to be. His family is full with a bunch of jokesters anyway.

I mean—

Shannon... he's dead girl, and you know it. So just leave it.

Never thought the night could get even more fucked up. Putting my glass down the man fills it again with my favorite whiskey. This is my third glass already and I can feel my nerves settling down, somewhat.

What the hell am I saying... I'm a ticking time bomb at the moment, filled with unwanted emotions.

"Shannon!" I hear Lucas shout behind me.

How the hell did he find me?

I swear his ass be on some FBI shit when it comes to me.

I don't turn around I just keep sipping my glass.

"Daddy!" Story shouts, happily.

Let me go to the bathroom.

"Hey, princess." he says, hugging her.

"No, I'm mad at you!"

"What?! What did I do?" he ask, becoming unsettled.

I just get up to leave to go off to the bathroom. Walking in I see there is no one here, looking at my reflection. Hatred and sorrow starts to course through me. Immediately causing the negative thoughts to begin.

"Shut up." I mumble.

What can't handle the truth sweetheart?

I then find myself taking all the strength I can muster up, to find my fist soon to be colliding into the glass mirror. Having it to let off a loud shattering sound and glass falling on the sink and floor.

"I said shut up."

————————

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 4 17
' "Where are they, Jace? We are going to be late for class." I stated in an irritated tone. Jace just chuckled at me and clapped me on the shoulder...
50.4K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
512K 21.2K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...
195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...