MyStreet: Starlight (OC Chara...

By KOTLCfannumber1

ALL RIGHTS TO APHMAU, WHO CREATED EVERYTHING EXCEPT MY OWN CHARACTER!!! The third book in this series---Enjoy... More

In My Dearest Memories
Here In My Arms
Werewolf KISS?!
Always Be The One/Scars
Alpha... I mean Aaron!!
Kawaii~Chan's Secret
An Ultima's Bite/My Real Name
Her Dad
You Are My Son
Dream Come True
Caught!
Now Kiss!
I Like You...
What Do I DO!?
Make Me Like You...
Choose.../Aphmau's Family Secret
Zuzu's Got a Girlfriend/Aaron's Choice
Aphmau In Pain/My Ears and Tail
Kawaii~Chan's Ex-Boyfriends
Hiding Aphmau
It's Time.../Zane Betrayed...
We're Engaged!
Lucinda Breaks In
Aphmau's Ex-Crush/Wedding Bells
Babes Hit On Aaron
The Business of Forever Potions
Cursed

An Uncertain Future

489 9 4
By KOTLCfannumber1

"Violet! Garroth!"

I open my eyes and see the world around me as if in new eyes. Everything is sharper, and I can smell my dad's cologne from here. I can hear every footfall in the silent room, every beep on mine and Garroth's heart monitors.

My stomach drops.

I looked at Aaron's eyes.

How could I be so stupid?

"Garroth, my boy! Speak to me!" Dad's voice pleads, while Mummy comes up next to me.

"Violet?" She whispers. "Vivi?"

"M-mummy..." I whisper, locking eyes with her. I never noticed that hers are a shade greener than Garroth's.

"Dad?" Garroth asks. I move my neck an inch and see Garroth with two odd bumps in his hair, and his beautiful aqua eyes open, staring at Dad.

I've never seen Dad look so worried.

"Please, doctor." Dad pleads. "Are they going to be all right?"

"They're in a stable condition as it stands." The doctor says. Just by smelling her, I can tell she's been around Daniel recently. Or she's related to him. She smells just like him. I never noticed Daniel smelled like peanut butter and rubber balls.

"What does that mean?" Mr. Lycan asks. I glance over at him. He looks so much like Aaron...

A sudden jolt of pain zips through the top of my head and I let out a squeak. The doctor adjusts what I assume is my pain medication, based on the sterile smell, and answers, "It means they aren't going to die. Not anytime soon, anyway."

Elation jumps in my chest. How could I have wished to die earlier?

"What?" Dad asks in confusion.

"I can't explain it." Daniel's mom (maybe) says. "They're not taking to the effects as a normal human would."

I smell the fear on Dad and Mr. Lycan. Why would they be scared after that?

"In any case, the IV in them will keep their pain levels low. Until then, I advise rest. And plenty of it. I'll be on standby until further notice." She says.

"You're leaving?" Mummy asks, her flowery perfume scent growing slightly dimmer as she stands and moves over to Dad and Mr. Lycan.

"I will be nearby." The doctor assures her. "At the moment, until Garroth or Violet shows any other reaction, there's not much I can do. We can only hope the transformation takes place instead of... death."

"How likely is the chance for transformation?" Mummy asks quietly.

"Very low." The doctor admits sadly. "We can only hope." She leaves the room and I suddenly smell Aphmau and Aaron coming in. Aaron smells like his dad. Exactly like his dad. Pancakes. But Aphmau smells like... like wet fur. Why wet fur? And purple dye, for some reason. And pumpkin-spice lattes.

And then I see the two purple-tipped ears on her head. "You---" I gasp out, but even that makes pain spasm down me again, so I cut off with a whimper.

"This is all my fault." Aaron says, guilt hanging heavily in his whispered words.

"You're darn right it is!" Dad yells angrily.

"N-no." Garroth whispers.

"Garroth?" Aaron asks hopefully, coming forward.

"It was my fault." Garroth says miserably.

"Garroth, no it wasn't!" Mummy says. "I---"

"It was my fault, too." I whisper, ignoring the pain. I have to tell them. Have to let them know...

"Violet, no it's mine---" Aaron says, starting for my bedside. Dad turns and angrily shoves him back.

"Stay away from her, monster!" Dad yells.

"GARTE!" Mr. Lycan yells.

"DAD!" I scream, letting it tear out of me. "Please. Let me talk with them. I need to tell them... they need to know..."

"But---" Dad argues.

"Dad, please." Garroth says. "Let us speak with them."

"Hmmmm!" Dad grumbles. "Fine." He moves to the side and Mummy leaves with him. Aaron and Aphmau go between our two beds.

"Garroth... Violet..." Aaron whispers sadly. "I'm so sorry."

"Aaron. I forgive you." Garroth insists.

"Nothing to be sorry for." I add in. "I should've been more careful."

"I had forgotten what you were." Garroth tells Aaron. "What you were capable of. A secret you shared with us, and I forgot. This blame does not lie on you alone."

"I should've controlled it." Aaron insists.

"What's done is done." Garroth says. I smile weakly in agreement but instantly drop it, feeling the two lumps on my head throb. "We're okay for now. But please, let... this... serve as a warning. Try to control yourself."
"I will." Aaron promises. "I'm so sorry..."

"Violet. Garroth." Aphmau says. "How do you feel?"

"I'm in pain." I whisper. "It hurts."

"It feels like my bones are being broken down and reforming." Garroth says through gritted teeth. "Burning..."

"I know." Aphmau says sadly. "Don't grit your teeth. That'll only make it worse. Try to relax your body if you can. That helps."

I do as she says and try to release my rigid hold on my body. It helps somewhat. "Thank you, Aphmau." I say, as loud as I can.

Garroth laughs weakly. "Y'know... I kinda figured you might've asked Aaron to turn you. If not now, then eventually."

"Why?" Aphmau asks.

"Because, if he didn't, after this I might've suggested it myself." Garroth chokes up. "If this happened to you, and you... you...." Garroth gasps for breath.

"Son. Please." Dad says, coming next to his bed. "Save your strength."

"I agree." Mr. Lycan says. "Aphmau! Aaron! Let's give them some space."

"WAIT!" I shriek, lunging for Aaron and catching hold of his wrist. "There's something... I-I have to t-tell you..." I let go of him and sink back into the pillow, trying to ignore the stabbing pains on my head and my stomach. "I... I found out yesterday... from Guy and N-nate. Th-they said that the s-story got out." I look at Aaron only, tears filling my eyes. "They know the Ultimas are back... and your family is under investigation."

Aaron's eyes go wide. "W-what?"

"How did you know about this?" Mr. Lycan demands angrily.

"Derek!" Dad shouts. "Don't talk to her---"

I close my eyes tight. "Stop it!" They both fall silent. "I'm s-sorry... I didn't want t-to ruin what we had b-built here. So I kept it hidden." Tears slip down my cheeks and feel soothing against my boiling skin. "I'm so sorry. If I'd j-just told you sooner, none of this would've happened."

I feel a hand on my shoulder and open my eyes again. Aaron doesn't look angry. He looks sad. "It's not your fault. I would've found out sooner or later. You knowing didn't change anything."

"But if I'd... just..." Tears come fast and hard now. "I could've... we could've... G-garroth..."

"Violet." Dad says. "Rest. You need it."

"Let's go." Aphmau says softly.

"I'm so sorry, Violet." Aaron repeats before taking his hand off my shoulder.

"Do not feel guilty. Please." I insist. Aaron smiles a tiny bit.

"I won't if you won't." He says quietly. I can see he still feels it, the immense load of knowing something horrible was your fault.

"Deal." I whisper, knowing full well that neither of us are going to keep it. "Just enjoy your time."

"You've been through enough." Garroth adds.

At Garroth's voice, Aaron's eyes well with tears. "I can't!" Aaron says. "I---"

"For me." Garroth says. "For Violet."

"I'll try." Aaron caves.

"Thank you." I whisper. Aaron nods and leaves with Aphmau and Mr. Lycan. Mummy and Dad stay behind, crying quietly.

"Garroth?" I whisper, so Mummy and Dad won't hear. "Are you okay?"

He turns his big, sad eyes towards me. "I'm fine. You?"

"Fine."

I've noticed, whenever someone says they're fine, they're never fine. Odd.

Garroth nods. "I guess you've noticed the smells by now?"

I sniff. "Yeah. You smell like wood."

He chuckles. "You smell like flowers. Like lavender, kinda. And sort of like magic."

I giggle weakly. "Gee, thanks."

His laughter fades and he looks over to Mummy and Dad, who are now having a hushed conversation about potions. "Violet... Did you hear Dad and Mr. Lycan talking?"

"No. Why?"

"Because... I think I heard Mr. Lycan ask Dad if our potions would work." Garroth's eyes glance over to Dad again. "Violet... I think we have Forever Potions on us."

"W-what?" I gasp. "How? Why?"

"I dunno." Garroth admits, scooting closer to my bed so he can talk quieter. "But I think it's why we're so strong."

My mouth drops. "But then why would... Zane...?"

"I don't know." Garroth sighs and closes his eyes again. "I'm sorry... I..."

"It's okay, Garroth." I whisper. "Just don't die."

He opens his eyes again. "I won't if you won't."

"Deal."

_____________________________

I wake up, I don't know how much later, feeling the pain has lessened somewhat. I don't open my eyes, however, I can smell Garroth's calm from here, and his reassuring smell of wood and baby powder, chocolate chip cookies, and the love for all those around him.

But I can feel something else.

Something happy. Something hopeful, and peaceful... and loving and caring and bright in my heart.

And in the midst of all this, in all my pain and suffering, in all the fear of what our lives have become, the fear of what may come to pass because of who Aaron saw, and who Aaron Lycan is...

I smile.

-------------------------------------------

And this concludes Starlight. Onward to When Angels  Fall! 

mwahahahahahahaha...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 473 44
"I'll keep dancing for you." Being a dancer is hard work. But hard work can be made easy as long as you have friends on your side. Aphmau Phoenix an...
6.5K 168 29
The summer is about to come to a close. Halfway through, the Mystreet gang is in for a treat. Aphmau has been secretly planning on what they all can...
70.9K 1.7K 35
Highest ranking: #6 in Aarmau The way you would look in my eyes, The way you would let me cry on your shoulder, The way you would grab my hand and te...
209K 5.9K 36
A Guard From O'Khasis Runs Away After Being Recruited For Jury Of Nine. She Thinks She Is Just The Average Person Who Makes Her Own Decisions, But Sh...