The Anonymous

Naraiju

A bunch of college students want to expose the dirty secrets of the government. Fortunately for them, the fam... Еще

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 2: Alice
Chapter 3: Cipher
Chapter 4: The Anonymous
Chapter 5: Invitation
Chapter 6: Realm
Chapter 7: Code
Chapter 8: Her
Chapter 9: Game Time
Chapter 10: Condemn
Chapter 11: The Other Side
Chapter 12: Speculation
Chapter 13: Help
Chapter 14: Secret
Chapter 15: Lost
Chapter 16: Discover
Chapter 17: Catherine
Chapter 18: Confusion
Chapter 19: Division
Chapter 20: Confidential
Chapter 21: Doubt
Chapter 22: Mysterious
Chapter 23: Volunteers
Chapter 24: Art
Chapter 25: Call
Chapter 26: Declaration
Chapter 27: Escape
Chapter 28: Fake
Chapter 29: Aloof
Chapter 30: Surprise
Chapter 31: Charity Ball
Chapter 32: Aezam
Chapter 33: Answer
Chapter 34: Martial Law
Chapter 35: Imposter
Chapter 36: Traitor
Chapter 37: Alive
Chapter 38: Deception
Chapter 39: Truth
Chapter 40: Second Chance
Epilogue: Inception

Chapter1: Vuelve

144 7 0
Naraiju

Shannon's POV

I avoid all the holographic advertisements that are popping up in front of me as I make my way towards my favorite coffee shop on the busy streets of Messier 60.

I glance at a commoner talking to the hologram of a saleslady as she tries to bargain. I just shake my head as I take a left turn. If that woman was an elite, I'm sure she wouldn't need to bargain.

The door of the coffee shop automatically opens as I step on the rag. I am greeted by a gust of wind from the air conditioner and the familiar aroma of coffee beans enters my nose. The smell of the coffee and freshly baked bread are two of the many reasons why I love going here.

Ever since they decided to divide the place according to the social status of people, all you can smell outside is asphalt and cement. It is very displeasing to the nose. They made this stupid coterie of elites that caused a bitter dissension within those who are below. Different sectors were made and those who are of higher ranking are allowed to access every sector while the ones of lower ranks have limited access and sometimes, no access at all.

After ordering my usual chocolate milkshake frappe, I settle on a table at the far left corner. I'm a regular customer in this cafe, but I still had to fall in line for almost twenty minutes just to buy this drink. It must be so fast and hassle free to order if I am an elite. Unfortunately, I'm not.

I open my sketch pad and scribble on the paper, letting my hand do whatever it wants as my mind wanders off, thinking of a concept of what I should draw. There is really no specific idea coming out, so I've just decided to draw the interior of the shop.

I scan and look around to clearly visualize the surroundings. The coffee shop has this small, cozy, and warm interior. There are three pairs of line tube single chairs with a coffee table. From the spot I am sitting is where the bookshelves are located. This is where I usually sit down every time I stay here, not that I even have a chance to choose where to sit.

A lot of students from Huxley University, as well as I, like hanging out here every vacant hour. Commoners like me can freely enter this kind of establishment, however, there's a lot of restriction. For example, I can't sit in the middle area and there's a separate line on the counter for us.

I scowl whenever I think about this stupid covenant that no one from the lower ranks really agreed to. I really hate this system. Paupers often consider commoners lucky, but I oppose accepting those remarks. I am not fortunate, they are just deprived by their rights. Those from the higher positions are the only group who benefited from this kind of ruling.

"Move!"

I lift my head to see the commotion coming from the entrance of the shop. I saw three elites walking inside the store along with their dozen of bodyguards. The shiny jewelries decorating their branded clothing is enough sign to speak for their wealth. Those big robot-like men push away any commoner who is blocking the way of their "majesty". Everyone with a silver badge on their shirt is shoveled away to make a clear path for the VIPs.

"Huh... Portentous fricks..." I murmur before sipping my drink. I watched how the three brats sat on the center and occupied the biggest couch like they owned the whole place. The store manager quickly comes near them and attentively asks for their orders. Like me, other commoners are just silently eyeing the scene.

"Can you make these peasants mind their own business and leave?" the girl in the middle says. Obviously pertaining to us, even though we are not peasants. She clearly just wants to insult us.

"I'm sorry, miss, but they are not paupers so I can't make them leave," the store manager apologizes and bows to her.

The girl, instead of understanding what the manager said, glared at the old manager and reviled the poor man. Her temper sparked. "Don't you know us?! My friend here is a daughter of a PLUTOCRAT! You are disrespecting us. Are you stupid?!"

My blood boiled just by looking at the drama unfolding right in front of me. This occurrence is not uncommon. It happens almost every single time and almost everywhere, but I can never get used to it. And being aware of my helplessness as of now, only deepened my annoyance.

I harshly grabbed my pen and drew everything that I am feeling. This way, I can vent out the anger that is brewing inside me.

Drawing has always been my way of comfort. It is for the reason that a fictional and fantastical world can be a mirror that lets you see everything that is beyond reality. Just like Antoine de Saint-Exupèry said, "What is essential is invisible to the eye". Those that are truly human are the ones who can feel, who have heart, and who knows what is right. These eriles are clearly not human; they lack feelings and only care about their status and wealth.

I pick up my earphones and put them on. I don't want to hear anymore unnecessary yelling for today. The emotions I have is enough for me to draw a whole ass concept for my next update.

After thirty minutes of sketching on my pad, I brought out my drawing tablet from my bag and started drawing there.

"Uh... Hey?" Someone taps my shoulder so I gently remove one of the earbuds then look at him. I raise my left eyebrow, waiting for him to speak up. "Can I sit here?"

I look around the area to see if there's a vacant seat for a commoner, but there's none. I saw that the three elites occupied the whole area in the middle, leaving no vacancy for other customers, unless you belong to their group.

"You are an elite," I say, looking at his gold badge. He shyly smiles and pulls out the chair in front of me to sit on. I watch him with a quizzical look. Why is he sitting here in the place for commoners? "There's enough space for someone like you there." I point out the middle area.

"It's cozier here," he shrugs and focuses his eyes on the book he is now holding.

I stare at him for a while, waiting for a confirmation if this is a prank or what. But when he stayed there like there's nothing wrong, I exhaled deeply before picking up my things and putting it inside my bag.

"Hey! Where are you going?" He tried to stop me from leaving but I didn't even give him a glance.

I fix my shoulder bag and hug my sketch pad. I continued walking until I reached the door and exited the coffee shop. I don't want to associate myself with any elites, that would not bring me anything other than danger and misfortune. My past experiences taught me a lot about building a relationship with them. Never again.

I walk down the street to find a new cafe. I can chill out for a while while waiting for my next class, that is until I remembered I don't have enough money to afford a new drink. I sigh and continue my walk back to school.

I was walking when my phone rang for an incoming call. I opened it and saw my best friend's name in the caller's ID.

"Hello, Milly?" I answer.

"Sup, Rei! Where are you, girl?" she asks me.

That's Millicent Favian, a commoner just like me, and my only best friend here in Huxley University. We became friends since senior high school and have stuck together ever since. Of all the people in the university, she's the only one I trust.

"Walking back to school. Why?"

"Can you buy something for me at the bookstore? I forgot to bring my clinograph!"

I sigh and nod, as if she could see me. "What else do you need?"

I stopped by the bus station and waited for the next arrival of Bus A. I looked at my wristwatch and realized that I'll have to wait for ten minutes.

"I think that's it! Oh, don't forget to buy my favorite marshmallows!" she adds.

I ended the call after knowing her request. I think I'll have to continue my drawing at home. I should be careful, Alice's identity should never be known.

When the bus stopped in front of me, I stood up and lazily entered the vehicle. I quickly became comfortable in my seat. I closed my eyes and reclined on the backrest. In this place, there is no one above me, so everyone can act normal. It is because we have separate vehicles for different groups of people; Bus A is for the commoners, while Bus B is for the peasants. The elites are the only ones who can have their own car.

I looked over the window and observed everything outside. Commoners and peasants were scattered in the area waiting for their respective buses.

You can see the AI machines everywhere you look, they are the ones responsible for the reconstruction that is happening. They are building these huge walls and steel gates to separate each place, which can only be accessed based on the restrictions indicated in one's social identification card.

I press the button beside me to get off at the next station. I will buy the stuff that Milly asked me to. I gather my things and glance at my seat once more before getting off. I don't want to leave anything behind, especially my sketch book.

The mall and other entertainment places for the commoners and higher rankings are located at Messier 60 up to Messier 69.

I cross the road as I look up at the big LED screen. Every skyscraper owned by higher ranks can be seen with one. Some are owned by plutocrats and councils, while a few of them are owned by the eriles. These buildings are a mere evidence of how unjust this country is. This place screams nearly unimaginable opulence, while the place for paupers and peasants depicts nearly unthinkable poverty.

If you are not a citizen of Huxley, you might think that this country is by far the best among others. Lower crime rates, less poverty, rich economy, and no record of political disputes among the leaders and their citizens. Who wouldn't love to live here? Well, the paupers and the commoners will beg to disagree. Because all those mentioned descriptions of our dear country is a whole fraud. Lies upon lies.

I tap my ID on the scanner before entering the mall. The elites are throwing glances at me as soon as I entered the premises, like it was illegal for me to be here. Their judging eyes never left me as they laughed mockingly while pointing in my direction. I really despise going into places like these because of the kinds of looks I receive every time. I don't really give a damn about what they're saying about me, but the fact that they are also doing this to other commoners makes my blood boil with anger.

These fucking kids are nothing but brats– a bunch of hellion and impertinent sprats. I hate how they easily voice out their opinions because they are privileged. They don't even give a fuck about the society just because they are not affected by what's happening. They just party all day and spend the money that their parents stole from the people. They are nothing but a cluster of idiots, a grade A pain in the ass. They don't deserve respect, and they will never get it from me.

I put aside my thoughts and hid my annoyance as I made my way to the bookstore. I don't want another elite encounter today, I'm not afraid of them, but having a fight with them right now won't do me any good.

I saw a bunch of students in our school uniform as I entered the book store. The Huxley University is found on Messier 60. The dorm where me and my best friend, Milly, live is somewhere near this mall, just within Messier 69.

I went straight to the aisle where the art materials can be found. I tried to search for the clinograph on the shelves but I couldn't find it. Giving up on browsing every single shelf on the aisle, I waved my hand on the censor and typed what I'm looking for on the holographic keyboard.

My lips automatically form a grin as the clinograph pops up in front of me. This is why other countries envy us. I can't blame them, along with our futuristic architectural designs, our advanced technological innovations are second to none. Aside from those, I have nothing else to be proud of in this country.

I put my earbuds on as I felt the vibration of my phone in my pocket, I clicked the answer button without looking at who's the caller.

"Hey, Rei! Girl, where the fuck are you?"

I grimace as I hear Milly's thin voice shouting at the other line. "I'm on M63, the book store near our school was closed so I needed to go all the way here. I'll just pay for this and buy your marshmallow then immediately go there."

"Okay. Just hurry up! You just have 40 minutes before the next professor arrives."

I dropped the call and quickly went to the counter to pay. I put the paper bag inside my satchel and walked out of the store hastily. I don't know how long the lines will be inside the market so I need to hurry. My next class is a major subject and I can't afford to be late. Our professor is extremely strict in regards of the attendance and I won't let a fucking bag of marshmallows ruin my day even more.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw the line in the supermarket. Thank God, they're not that long. I immediately grab two packs of Milly's favorite marshmallows and fall in line with the other shoppers.

My eyes automatically roll in annoyance and my grin turns into a thin-lipped displeasure as I hear the commotion in the nearby counter. Another elite jeering a commoner in front of a crowd. I watched how the commoner bowed down her head, shame was written all over her face as the elite scornfully shouted at her. Indignation welled up inside me as I saw the scene transpire.

I take the items I bought as the cashier hands it to me. I heave a heavy sigh as I step out of the mall. I can feel a big lump in my chest as I recall that girl's face. Despite all this, I still believe that someday everyone will get the treatment that they deserve. Those who take advantage of others and selfishly use their power will be punished, and those who seek justice will find it. I know that one day the tables will be turned and the pyramid will be reversed.

"Flash news! After six years of silence, finally, the known group of hackers came back again. The Anonymous warned about the unjust law of the country of Bagunca last night by shutting down the government's official portal site. Last week, the world witnessed the Bagunca's citizens in a massive protest due to the fascism ruling of their current President—"

Everyone turns their attention to the big LED screens as the news appears on every screen. I listen attentively to the reporter who is now narrating about the return of the widely acclaimed unknown heroes.

Finally, they are back. I heard of them before and even searched for information about them. It's impossible for anyone living on Earth not to know who they are. The people named them as the new modern heroes. Although I've never experienced their aid firsthand, I can't help but respect them. That is the reason why I was waiting for their return.

Now that they are back, I hope they can also shed light on what is really happening inside the so-called "The Great Huxley". So that the lower ranks in our society will never be forever unrecognized by an outsider's eyes.

I am certain that the justice we've all been waiting for will finally be served.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

383K 24.4K 38
Welcome to the underground business. Where the tainted stay tainted and the pure turn stained. Where allies are rare and enemies rack every agenda. T...
Yandere Abusive bully girl x shy male Asia Argento

Художественная проза

165K 2.2K 18
(Caution:Bad English .Read at ur own risk) Kristen is the popular girl in her school.She has some god gifted physical power though she is not that mu...
Through Thick & Thin Ashtyn Cunningham

Художественная проза

105 10 17
Six long time friends, six different stories, but one goal. To become successful adults and graduate college with their friendships and lives intact...