The Contriver Of The Fairies

By WhatADrag6

It's been seven years since they disappeared. Khaleesi once twelve at the time of their disappearance had gro... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII

LIX

110 5 0
By WhatADrag6

When we got to Magnolia my eyes widened as tables full of food and booze laid out around the destroyed guild. Everyone was celebrating joyously as they drank and ate merrily. My eyes stopped as I spotted the one person I thought I would never see again. There in a chair sat Gramps. I slowly walked towards him. Each step felt painfully slow. My feet quickened their steps as I ran to him.

The first thing I did was hug him. I released him and punched him over the head. He fell back in his chair holding his head with shocked white eyes. "You jerk! I thought I would never see you again!" I yelled out only to drop to my knees as tears fell from my eyes.

Gramp's eyes widened before they softened. "My child, I'm terribly sorry for the grief I've caused you. As a parent it is my job to protect each and every one of my children even if that meant giving up my life so you all could live." Gramps said apologetically.

I sobbed as tears fell down in a steady stream. "I understood that. I‐I'm just so relieved that you're alive. I never thought I would see you again! You've done so much for you me. You've taught me the most crucial lessons in life. You showed me the true meaning of a family. You taught me to live and love. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail wouldn't be the same without you, Gramps." I said through sobs.

My tears fell to the ground causing damp spots to form where they landed. I heard sniffles. I looked up to see Gramps teary eyed. "You truly are a gentle heart with a radiant soul. I couldn't be any prouder of my children than I already am. You make me all so happy." Gramps said crying out. I smiled softly as my tears let up. I giggled in pure happiness. Gramps stopped as his eyes grew in amazement. I followed his sight to see the ground in front of me glowing.

My eyes widened in shock as the area of rubble around us began to glow a golden color. In a matter of seconds the area surrounding us flashed a bright golden color before fading away. My eyes widened in disbelief as I stood up. I blinked in confusion as to how this even happened. A confusion of chatter errupted from everyone as they looked around.

"Wha? What the hell happened?" Gray questioned in confusion. "Who cares! The guild hall's just like new!" Natsu exclaimed. "Juvia, would like to know how, though?" Juvia stated in bewilderment. "As would I, Master." Lucy said only for Macao, Erza, and Gramps to all talk. I face palmed. "We seriously need to figure this whole 'master' thing out." I muttered out. "The light. It felt so warm and comforting." Yukino stated. "Mhm, very soothing." Levy agreed. I turned my head as I heard footsteps.

"Tears of Revitalization. It's an extraordinarily rare magic. This is the fourth time I've seen it and all four times were from the very same source. Khaleesi's tears. I didn't figure out what it was until after Larcade was defeated. He explained that only one other being had this type of rare magic. The Magic of Life. Anything her tears touch will revitalize and flourish with life. The only other being to have that magic was Vitanima, The Dragon Queen of Life." Rogue informed as he walked up and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

My eyes widened in shock as I thought back to her. "Vitanima..." Rogue hummed with a nod. "It seems she shared some of her magic with you." Rogue said softly.

"That's remarkable!" Lucy said in amazement. "Amazing!" Wendy said with stars in her eyes. Everyone began erupting in cheers of astonishment, but I remained dumbfounded and absolutely confused.

"Child, it may be a little confusing, but it makes sense if you think about it. How many times have you actually cried in your life? You were never one to shed a tear not even in front of me. There would've been no other way to find that out until it happened. I'm just sorry I had to be one of the causes for your tears." Gramps said from his chair.

My eyebrows knitted together in thought before I groaned in exasperation, "Natsu's right. I'm a freakshow." "Oh hush, you just found out you have an extraordinary rare type of magic that no one else has and all you can think about is that?!" Evergreen stated in disbelief. "She's right! The rare tears of a man! So manly!" Elfman shouted only to be hit by Lisanna. "Don't say that! She's not a man!" Lisanna yelled only to be knocked backwards by Juvia.

From there it was a chain reaction. Natsu and Gray were fighting which ended up with Gajeel getting involved. They then proceeded to disrupt Erza and her sweets, who then got involved causing Juvia to go flying as she tried to protect Gray. She fell on to Lisanna who crashed into Elfman.

I bursted into a fit of laughter as I watched pure chaos ensue. I watched as Gramps' face turned red as he silenced them. "As you may know, I'm not the Master anymore. I appointed Khaleesi as the Ninth Master of Fairy Tail-" "Actually, Gramps. I think I'm gonna have to retire. I don't think I could manage such a reckless, rowdy, and destructive bunch. I would probably have a heart attack before the age of 50." I stated sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Look who's talkin', Kid!" Laxus shouted out. "Hey, who ya calling reckless and rowdy?" Natsu yelled out. "Salamander's right! You're more reckless than the lot of us!" Gajeel yelled out. "Ya also had your fair shares of damage bills, Leesi!" Gray shouted. "Hell yeah, she did! Baby Leesi was a little hellion!" Gildarts shouted out. "Even more reason to step down now, before you all send me to an early grave!" I shouted out lightheartedly as I smiled. They stood smiling back as I looked at Erza. She shook her head.

I nodded understanding. I turned to Gramps', "I'm appointing you as Fairy Tail's Tenth Guild Master. Or would you rather prefer the title of Third, Sixth, or Eighth Master?" I questioned with a snicker. "You damn cheeky little brat! That's it, I'm the indefinite Guild Master of Fairy Tail until I die!" Gramps shouted as we cheered in laughter. "Damn straight, ya old geezer!" Laxus shouted out.

I was met with an arm wrapped around my shoulder and a bottle shoved in my face. I looked over to see a drunken Cana. "Have a drink!" I chuckled grabbing the bottle and gulped half of it down. "'Atta girl, Leesi! It's not a party without a little booze!" Cana stated in a slur. "That would make everyday a party for you, ya boozer!" Gajeel exclaimed only to be ignored by Cana who ushered me over to a table with more booze.

I finished the bottle by the time we got over there. I smiled watching everybody chat, fight, drink, and eat. I felt a hand on my head and turned to see Sting and Lector. "So, you can't handle the responsibility of a Guild Master?" Sting questioned. We walked over to a table of food and sat down. "I wouldn't put it like that..." I said pondering for the right words as I tapped my chin.

"Aw, cut her some slack Sting. This is Fairy Tail we're talkin' about. You wouldn't last long if Sabertooth was destructive and rowdy as Fairy Tail." Lector said smirking. Sting paused for a moment before chuckling nervously, "Yeah, you're right. Khaleesi was destructive enough, I'd hate to see what it's like with the rest of them."

I chuckled, "It's not that bad. We only gave Gramps one heart attack so far." "And I'm trying to avoid that." Sting retorted.  I smiled, "Why do you think Gramps keeps being reinstated as our Guild Master. No one else can handle us, not even our most authoritative members are willing to step up to the job, unless necessary." I said lightheartedly. Lector nodded his head, "Sounds about right."

"I think Khali made a good call." Rogue stated as he sat next to me. "I think so, too!" Frosch exclaimed. I hummed nodding my head with a smile. "Are you sure it wasn't 'cause you wanted to spend more time with Khaleesi?" Sting implied looking at Rogue. Rogue clicked his tongue rolling his eyes. I giggled lightly, ignoring Sting's comment.

"Yeah, Gramps might not have been happy, but she dodged a bullet there." Finley stated as she plopped down on the table. "Well that's not the only job I'm stepping down from. I'm tired of being over-worked by the Magic Council. I think the old geezers can handle themselves just fine without us, Fin." I stated looking over at her.

"Huh?" Lector and Frosch qurstioned out. "Wait, seriously?" Sting questioned in disbelief. "You're serious right? No jokes?" Finley asked with a swaying tail. I nodded my head. Her eyes lit up in happiness, "Finally! Thank God, I've waited 5 long years for you to tell me that you're quitting. Not that I don't support your decisions, it's just that I didn't like you putting your life in jeopardy for every single job. But, not that you couldn't handle it-" "Fin." I stated only for her to continue her rambles.

I grabbed her cheeks smooshing them together getting her to stop babbling, "Finley, it's fine. I know what you mean." I stated as I let her go and brought a plate of sweets in front of me. I took a bite relishing the taste. "It's been seven long years working for them. Five of those years was me being  'The Executioner' and infiltrating Dark Guilds. Of course, it may cause tension between the Wizard Saints." I stated in thought. Sting and Rogue raised an eyebrow, "How so?" Rogue asked. "Why would there be tension?" Sting questioned.

"Six years ago, word spread from the Magic Council to the Wizard Saints about me. They came to me, wanting me to be a Wizard Saint. I denied the offer, telling them I wasn't interested. Unfortunately, they wouldn't take no as an answer since it's not actually an offer. It's more like a title given through recommendations and nominations. So I was involuntarily recommended to them. I still tried refuting saying that there are already ten and there's no need for any additional slots. This didn't bod well with them so, in retaliation they got the Magic Council involved. That was when I was given two options; take the title, or be declared a traitor to Fiore." "What?! They can't do that!" Sting exclaimed. "Isn't that extortion?" Lector questioned.

I hummed nodding my head. "It is, but in their perspective, the title of Wizard Saint is a high stature of power in Fiore, anyone would be honored to achieve. Except for me, I didn't and still don't care about measly titles. Anyway, in times of trouble those ten individuals are to be of aid and assistance. They frowned upon the concept of someone refusing the title and not helping Fiore when something happens, a sign of treachery." I paused taking a gulp from a bottle before continuing.

"That I would rather sit back and watch Fiore suffer then to take a profound title and fight for the country. An absolutely absurd idea if you ask me. However they basically see it as a way to ensure protection. It eventually led to me being cornered by the entirety of the Magic Council. Of course some were against the idea. I know Yajima expressed great discontent with the idea and even tried to fight in my defense. I'm very appreciative for that. But they refused to listen to any answer besides yes. So that led me to the ultimatum they gave me. If I didn't accept the title they would denounce me from Fiore and I would be forced to flee. So seeing as I wouldn't be able to get out of this one, I decided to strike up negotiations. I really didn't want all the recognition the title would give me, which is why I rejected their offer in the first place. Unfortunately, they refused to negotiate until they had a rank for me. And that's when I got into an argument with God Serena that turned into an unintentional brawl. After observing me and to the disapproval of Serena, they decided to rank me higher than him. I guess that is where the first seeds of hate were sowed between Serena and I. Never hated the guy till he betrayed me, but he sure held a lot of animosity towards me." I paused taking another swig from the bottle before pressing further into my story.

"Anyway they wanted me to be the first, but I refused that. We came to an agreement that they will keep Serena as the first rank. He would remain as the First Wizard Saint in the public eye, but behind the scenes I would be ranked above him. That's where the concept of Zero came in. They agreed to the terms on one condition, I was to work for the Council on gathering intel and eradicating those who posed a threat to Fiore. I wasnt really given a choice, so I reluctantly accepted the terms. That's how I ended up keeping tabs on guilds such as; Raven Tail, Tartaros, Avatar, and Alvarez Empire to name a few. Of course, when Serena defected they wanted to announce me publicly as the First, but I refused since I was still following the terms of our agreement. That and I was bitter for their lack of crucial information that would've saved me from being imprisoned at Alvarez in the first place. So now that I'm retiring from the Council I will be breaking my part of the deal, and I don't think I'm going to be able to negotiate this time. The last one took a full month to negotiate with them. Although, that was before Gramps was back from Tenrou. I might be able to get him to help." I pondered in thought.

"Fat chance, Jura and Warrod are understanding, but Draculos and Wolfheim are both sticklers." Gramps said drinking from his mug. "Yeah, I kinda figured I'm screwed with this one." I grumbled as Gramps hummed in agreement.  "Wait so the Old Geezer knew about this?" Laxus questioned from the wall near us.

I nodded my head, "Well, he didn't find out until after the Grand Magic Games, when a meeting was held." I informed. "Yeah, but I had no clue about the Executioner debacle. I suppose it makes sense since Khaleesi has always excelled with observational skills and intel. I mean the difference is as clear as day and night. Someone could spend a whole year somewhere and she would obtain more information than them in just three months. Though it was surprising to find out that a thirteen year old became a Wizard Saint let alone the highest ranking one. I was proud, don't get me wrong, but I was furious at what the Council had forced Khaleesi to do. It angered me and it still does as a parent. Who in their right mind finds it okay to corner a twelve year old into working for the Council doing dangerous jobs that not even I would do. Let alone a year later force that same child to abandon her beliefs for their own insecurities, and to top it all off shed blood mercilessly." Gramps roared out in anger with tick marks.

I sighed, "And now ya know why I kept it all on the down low, especially that aspect." "Tell me, child. How many?" Gramps questioned.  I pressed my lips together looking down in thought. I frowned shaking my head, "It's not important. It's too many to physically count anyway." I muttered in disgust with myself before thinking out loud, "Another reason why I'm unworthy of the title. Wish they'd see it that way." I stated with a shrug.

"You're missing my point, child. I can't bear to imagine how much this must have tormented you, haunted you all those years, traumatized you. That's what I was referring to even one is enough to drive a single man into guilt and despair." Gramps explained with a frown. "It's fine, Gramps. I'm fine. I've learned to deal with the consequences of my actions. I'm not one who seeks pity nor do I appreciate it." I stated chugging from a bottle. "Yes, I can see you're managing just fine." Gramps mumbled sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Wait, so this was all caused because, you didn't want the popularity of being the First Wizard Saint?" Sting questioned. "Eh, pretty much." I responded with a shrug. "Would it  have been better to just accept it?" Lector questioned. "Yeah, and Fairy Tail probably would've gotten a lot more jobs." Finley stated shaking her head. "Well, yeah it would've been and yes Fairy Tail probably would've, but I'm not one who particularly cares for ranks and titles, nor did I want all the unnecessary attention it gives...I still don't." I explained.

Rogue chuckled shaking his head while Sting just looked baffled, "You're weird. Seriously! That's insane! You did that to avoid attention!" Sting exclaimed in exasperation. "Yeah, anyone would jump at the chance to have that title!" Lector shouted equally baffled. "Hah. That's just how Baby Leesi has always been! It's nice to know I can finally put a face to the rumors I've been hearing along my long journeys. Never thought it would be you out of all the people though. I was kinda expecting a brutish guy in all black holding an axe, to be honest. It's been eight years and instead of a rambunctious little girl version of Natsu. I come back to a beautiful woman whose a powerful force to be reckoned with! Baby Leesi is all grown up and strong! I'm so proud, kid!" Gildarts wailed out in tears as he messed with my hair. "Hey cut it out Pops!" I whined pulling his hand off my head and continuing my conversation.

"I already told ya, I'm not one to crave recognition or attention. I don't want to have to walk down the streets and be treated differently, or feared just because of some title I hold." I stated sighing. "Now I understand why they call you Lady Khaleesi. Even back in the Grand Magic Games. Jura always said Lady Khaleesi and during the finale when you two spoke about sparing like old times." Lector said in realization. I hummed nodding my head.

I paused as I felt a tug on my leg. I looked down to see a smiling Asuka. "Leesi! Leesi! Leesi!" She cheered raising her arms. I chuckled as I bent over picking her up. I set her onto my lap. "Hey Asu!" She peeked over at the sweets and I caught her glances. I chuckled. "He refused to call me by just my name so I called him Jura Pops." I stated grinning.

I shifted my body slightly to the side to see Bisca and Alzack occupied. I turned back to her before we both giggled. "All right! We have free reign on the sweets while your parents are busy." I said quietly. She enthusiastically nodded her head, "Yeah, sweets!" She cheered. I put a finger to my lips. "Not so loud. Remember the drill?" I questioned. She smiled nodding her head as she sealed her lips. I chuckled, "Yup that's the one!" I handed her a spoon as we started to dig in to the sweets in front of us. "She's got her trained." Lector said sweatdropping. "Dear lord child, you've created a monster." Gramps said with a sweatdrop. "Oh hush, Gramps we do this all the time! Besides you can't deny this cute little face can you?" I said pointing at Asuka's messy face. "I suppose not. You did the same for Romeo when he was little as well." Gramps said in defeat. I chuckled nodding my head, "Though it was easier back then because all Macao did was sit around and drink with Wakaba." Gramps sighed shaking his head with a chuckle.

Finley stood up with a paw on her hip. A look of disagreement was evident as she started to scold me. "Khaleesi, that's not really a good idea." Finley stated skeptically. I scooped a piece of cake on my spoon and shoved it in her mouth. I chuckled as her tail swayed back and forth. "Good, right?" I questioned her only for Asuka's eyes to light up, "Mhm! Super Yummy!" She agreed cheering. I giggled nodding my head. "On second thought, maybe a few won't hurt." Finley caved in to the sweet treat.

I scooped a spoonful and fed it to Frosch who smiled in delight! Rogue chuckled before his eyes widened in realization. He picked Frosch up and away from another spoonful. Sting laughed at the scene.

"Khali, please leave Frosch out of your spoiling tendencies." Rogue stated with an exasperated sigh. I turned to look at Rogue smiling before I turned to Frosch mouthing, "Later." She nodded with excited eyes. "No, absolutely not!" Rogue stated firmly. "Awe, come on Ro! Just one cake?" I playfully questioned. He grunted before setting Frosch on the table. "Fine, just one." He reluctantly agreed.

I smiled as I picked up a cake and put it in front of Frosch. Rogue sat flabbergasted as I placed an entire cake in front of Frosch. Frosch started to dig into it with a cheery smile. "Khaleesi, I said one!" Rogue said in disbelief. "Yes, you agreed to one cake." I said nodding my head smiling.

"I meant one piece!" Rogue yelled out animatedly. "You never specified." I said with a shrug. Laughter rang out around the table as a thud was heard from next to me. I turned my head to see Rogue laying his head on the table. "You're twisting my words, Khali." Rogue grunged out. "Yeah, she has a habit of doin' that. Trust me ya ain't the only one to have that happen." Natsu stated from behind Sting.

We turned to look at him before his eyes narrowed in on me. "Leesi we need to talk." Natsu stated sternly. I shook my head, "It's fine Natsu. I already know." I stated with a slight frown. Natsu shook his head, "No. You don't. We need to talk, now." I sighed before getting a plate full of sweets and handing it to Asuka.

"Remember, if your mom and dad catch you, what do you say?" I questioned. "Erza gave me the sweets!" I smiled nodding my head. "Good girl!" I praised. "Thanks Leesi!" Asuka yelled before walking away with her sweets.

"Lessi, I will drag you out and force you to listen to me. If you're gonna be this stubborn." Natsu threatened. I raised my hands in surrender getting up from my seat, "Fine, I'm comin' with ya. Stupid Dragneel." I muttered. "You're a Dragneel, too!" Natsu shouted. "Yeah, but I'm not a stupid one." I said snickering. He paused for a minute before shouting in protest. "I ain't stupid!" I just kept walking ignoring his shouting.

We walked to a secluded area to the side of Fairy Tail a good distance away to avoid eavesdropping. I leaned against a tree and looked at Natsu. "So what did you have to tell me?" I questioned. Natsu looked down in thought before looking up at me. "You already know, Mavis and Zeref are dead." Natsu pointed out the obvious. I nodded my head, "Yeah, I already saw that comin'." I stated indifferently. "Well, they wanted me to give you something." Natsu stated as he reached into his jacket. He pulled out a letter that was addressed to me with a wax seal.

He handed it to me and started to walk away before pausing. He looked back at me having an internal struggle, possibly debating over his words. I sighed softly, "Go ahead. If you have more to say, then just say it." I reassured. I gasped as I was brought into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Leesi. I was selfish. I left for a year of training completely forgetting about what Future Rogue had said to me. If I had stopped you before you left for your mission on Alvarez then maybe I could've saved yours and Rogue's baby. I'm so sorry." Natsu whispered solemnly in my ear.

My eyes widened as I hugged him. "It's not your fault. None of it is. What happened was for the best. I would've just been useless deadweight if I were pregnant during this war." I reassured Natsu soothingly. "How did you even find out about that?" I questioned pulling away to look at him.

Sweat started to drip from him nervously, "Well you see, I kinda overhead you with Rogue." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Was it just you?" I inquired only for Natsu to take off. "Gotta go! It was nice talkin' with ya, Leesi. Bye!" Natsu shouted from a distance already far from where I stood. I sighed. "Great, just great." I said sarcastically to myself. I sighed before looking at the envelope in my hand.

I sat down staring at the envelope in my hand unsure if I should open it, burn it, or ignore it. I closed my eyes as I ran a hand through my hair in thought before bringing my knees to my chest. I set the envelope down and rested my head on my knees staring at the envelope. "What should I do?" I softly apoke out loud. "It's probably some stupid sob story, or some sick way to get the last laugh." I pondered out ideas.

I fell back on the ground staring at the evening sky. I slightly tugged at my hair in aggitation. "What to do? What to do? What to do?" I questioned out repeatedly trying to come up with a decision. "Why couldn't Natsu just have read it and told me what it says?" I groaned out as I looked at the sky for any type of sign.

"The hell with it." I muttered out deciding to do something I hope I won't regret in the future. I opened the envelope to see a letter written in intricate handwriting. I studied the ink on the pages before reading it.

My Dear Khaleesi,

I must apologize for not being able to say this in person, but given the circumstances I wouldn't expect you to listen. I treated you poorly not only as a father, but as a human. I realized that it is too late to ask you for forgiveness nor do I expect you to forgive me. My intentions were calloused and selfish. I was thrilled to discover I had a child, but I knew the more I loved you the greater risk I posed to you. Yes, you were immune to my curse, but I couldn't jeopardize your life by giving in to my selfish desire to love and care for you. I grew to be despondent of my role as your father.

I did take joy in watching you grow from a distance and I enjoyed being able to meet you in person a few times to talk. It was fascinating to see how much you grew and how vast your knowledge was. You were the second person to make a naive comment about me being misunderstood. In fact your mother had made the very same comment to me.

I'm relieved that you had Natsu in your life and that he's willing to do anything to protect you. I can see now that your family holds a special place in their heart for you as you do for them. The relationship I wish I could've had with you. I'm sorry for all this pain and confusion I have caused you. I should've told you the first time we met who I really was, but I couldn't bear ruining your innocence. So I chose to keep you ignorant of the truth, always hoping you'd find out on your own. It became clear when you were imprisoned in Alverez that I would have to enlighten you to the truth. I'm sorry for the disappointment and shame you have felt because of me.

But atlas, I cannot be someone that I am not. I want you to know that as your father I am proud of the intellectual, strong, brave, and beautiful woman you have grown up to be. And I'm happy you found people in your life that share an irreplaceable bond with you. My only regrets are not being able to tell you that I love you and that I was never there for you like I should've been. I hope that you and Natsu will continue to look out for each other. Khaleesi, keep fighting and living for what you believe in. You have far exceeded my expectations of what life has to offer to those with kind genuine hearts. And I thank you for opening my eyes to that fact. This is farwell, Khaleesi Dragneel.

Sincerely,
Zeref Dragneel

My eyes remained wide as I read the letter over and over again. The words etching themselves in my brain as I processed each sentence, word for word. My eyebrows knitted together as continued to articulate the letter. I scoffee clicking my tongue, "Tch, you didn't have to leave me a letter. It's not like I wouldn't forgive you. Idiot, that's life. We live and learn. We all make mistakes, but we are not our mistakes. It's how one can pick themselves up, try again, and shape from them. That's what matters." I muttered before I found another letter. I sighed as I opened it.

Khaleesi,

  I would like to formally apologize for dragging you, Fairy Tail, and all of Fiore into my personal matters. I personally want to apologize for my ignorance. I never knew I had a daughter. There were subtle hints that I have failed to notice. If I knew, I would've tried to visit you individually than just the entirety of Fairy Tail. The reason why I'm writing this letter is to tell you the story of your name.

You see when Zeref and I were talking about aspirations, I told him about how I wanted kids. If I ever had a girl, I would name her after a book I loved to read. The protagonist of the story was brilliant and kindhearted. She was down-to-earth, tactile, strong-willed, and courageous. She bravely fought to protect her friends no matter the risks. She stood her ground against an entire nation's army solely for the purpose of protecting those she cherished. She was described as a radiant star that led them to their safe-haven. She was a one woman army and she was head strong, never giving up. I always imagined that of I were to have a daughter, I would want her to have that mentality. I never knew that it would come true.

I'm glad you've found a family with Fairy Tail and I hope you continue to find your own path in love, family, and friends. Fairy Tail or not. I'm so glad I got to meet you and I'm so happy to have you as my daughter. I love you and you've made me proud not just as a mother, but as Fairy Tail's First Master. I never imagined that this is what Fairy Tail would grow into when I built the guild.

Best wishes,
Mavis Vermillion

"Idiots, they're both idiots. Again, you didn't have to write a letter, either. It's nice to know where my name came from. But still, another pointless apology. I never had you two in my life, so it's pointless to feel anything, but indifference to the whole scenario. I don't hold grudges. Hopefully you two are happy together wherever you are. And hopefully August and Larcade are there with you and happy." I said laying back on the grass and watching the sky. "Now the only thing left to do is burn them. Maybe I can get Fire Pit to burn 'em." I muttered out. I watched the sky for a few more minutes before getting up and making my way back to the guild hall.

I walked back into the noisy guild and walked to Natsu and Gray. The two were fighting as Sting, Rogue, Gajeel, and Rufus watched in entertainment. I sighed trying to get their attention. I pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation. "These two idiots have been at it for a good hour. I don't think they're gonna stop anytime soon, kid." Gajeel stated. I hummed in thought, "I'll make it quick then." I stated as I stepped forward punching Natsu on his head. He turned in anger with flames spewing out of his mouth. I quickly held the letters to his mouth letting the flames catch them on fire. Natsu's eyes widened as he grabbed them and tried extinguishing them. "Gray, freeze them quick!" Natsu shouted. Gray looked on in confusion before grabbing the letters and cooling the flames off. "What the hell, Leesi?! This is the last thing your parents have left. Don't you want to keep 'em? Ya know, for sentimental reasons?" Natsu asked loudly in disbelief. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "No, I don't. Besides its not the last thing they left, I'm here, aren't I?" I inquired smiling. Natsu's eyes widened slightly before they softened with a smile. "Yeah, you are." Natsu said smiling brightly. I smiled nodding, "Then let them burn." I shrugged as I walked away toward the bar. "Absolutely not! If you don't want them, then I'll hold them till you do want them!" Lucy shouted only for her to shriek as Natsu already burned them and ate them. "You idiot! How could you be so insensitive?" Lucy yelled out. Natsu rubbed his head after Lucy punched his head. "It's fine, Lucy. It was Leesi's choice. I did my part and gave them to her. The rest was up to her. If she wants them burned then that's her choice." Natsu stated. I just sighed grabbing a bottle and taking a swig from it. "Relax, Loony. It's okay." I stated. "It's Lucy!" Lucy shouted correcting me. I snickered, "Still the best to mess with." "Lonnie sure is!" Natsu said in agreement. "It's Lucy!" Lucy shouted back as Natsu and I snickered.  Before Lucy groaned, "Nevermind!" Natsu and I burst into laughter, "Chill, Luce. We're only messin' with ya." I said through laughter. "How can you be so happy when you just found out who you're parents are only to lose them?" Lucy pondered. I walked up to her with a bottle in my hand and threw my arm around her. "It's because, I know they are finally together and happy. Besides why be sullen when I have all that I need here. They've never been there for me, but you all have. What's there really to be sad about?!" I questioned smiling as I took a gulp from the bottle. "Damn straight, kid!" Laxus shouted with a smile as everyone smiled. Lucy glanced over before smiling and nodding. "Yeah, you're right!" Lucy said with a smile. "Of course I am." I said sarcastically only for Lucy to exclaim out, "Don't push it, Leesi!" I just pulled away chuckling with my arms out in front of me. "Leesi, back in the time rift, what was that magic that you used?" Wendy questioned. I hummed in thought trying to figure out the best way to word it without causing a mass amount of confusion. "Yeah, I've never seen that type of magic before. Where'd ya learn that?" Natsu questioned in excitement. "To be honest, I can't remember how. I just recently remembered things from my childhood and that happened to be one of the things. As for what it is, well it's a spell that's both offensive and defensive simultaneously." I spoke. "Is that what you used with August? I want to see it." Gildarts demanded picking me up and carrying me outside. "Ya could've just asked. Damn you're demandin'!" I huffed out. He set me down as everyone else followed. "Natsu, throw some fire at 'er!" Gildarts demanded. Natsu grinned in excitement. I held up my hand, "Stop! Natsu don't do a full scale attack. A small one will do just fine." I warned him. He puffed his cheeks about to protest until I narrowed my eyes at him. He grumbled before shooting flames at me. I raised my hand, "Full Counter." I stated as the flames appeared to bounce off my hand and doubled in intensity and size as it veered back to Natsu. "Full Counter, it acts as a defensive spell for the caster, but an offensive one for the enemy. It only works on magic attacks, so no physical attacks. However it takes the attack and redirects it back with double the power.  So if someone used 50% of their magic in one attack I can use this spell and send it back with 100% of their magic." I informed. Natsu looked in shock before he bursted into laughter, "Heh, that's awesome! Then that attack with all of our magic it wasn't just eight it was sixteen?! Ha, that's so cool!" Natsu exclaimed laughing gleefully. Gildarts stood in shock before he grinned nodding his head, "I see now. Thanks, Baby Leesi." I hummed nodding as I walked up to him punching him in the shoulder, "Next time ask nicely, ya demanding jerk!" I scolded walking back into the guild.

We all continued with our victory party until it was late into the night. I left with Sabertooth since I live near the Guild. "Hey Khaleesi! I've been meaning to ask you something. Back then when we were fighting Acnologia was that your first time using Dragon Force?" Sting questioned in curiosity. I turned my head looking at him and shook my head. "No, I've used it before. The first time was when I was eleven and consumed a large concentration of pure Ether-nano. Back then it was a lot for my body to handle and I ended up sleeping for a full three days. I can activate it on my own free will, but I don't really see the need. It's basically a last resort." I informed. "But, you're not a third generation, are you?" Sting asked. "No, I'm not. With the proper amount of training and hard work any Dragon Slayer can activate their Dragon Force without the need to trigger it. For example, Wendy is able to do that as well. While Natsu and Gajeel still need a bit of work. Of course, it's not as easy as it is for Rogue and you." I stated smiling as I looked up at the night sky. The walk was upbeat and calming. The calm after a chaotic storm. One that washes you with relief and soothes you of any worries you had previously.

I inhaled and exhaled quietly enjoying the lack of stress. "It's so nice out." Yukino stated smiling. "Yeah, it's hard to believe that we just got done fighting a war." Sting stated. I closed my eyes in thought as depressing statistics ran through my head. I sighed softly, "What's wrong Khali?" Rogue questioned with a raised eyebrow. I pressed my lips firmly together, "It's nothing." I said disregarding my thoughts for another time. I looked down not feeling as joyous as before. I looked up as I felt Rogue entangle his fingers with mine. He squeezed my hand softly and whispered softly in my ear. "Don't  lie to me, Khali. Something's bothering you." I leaned my head on his shoulder sighing, "Later. I'll tell you later. Not now, okay Ro?" I muttered out quietly. He looked down staring into my eyes, searching for any hint before nodding his head with a hum. We continued to hold hands as we walked in the front of the group.

|3rd POV|

The group walked behind. Sting had his arms behind his head enjoying the calm stroll to Sabertooth. His eyes caught a glimpse of Rogue enterlocking hands with Khaleesi. Sting smirked softly as the two subconsciously leaned closer to each other sharing quiet whispers. Lector elbowed Sting pointing to the two's hands with a grin. Sting grinned nodding his head as everyone looked on in confusion only for Sting to point out the two in front. "So are you two officially done denying your feelings or are you going to keep insisting you're just friends?" Sting questioned coyly. This caused the two to stop walking and share a glance before looking back at Sting. Rogue raised an eyebrow staring at Sting, "We're more than just friends." Khaleesi said smiling with a small blush. Rogue smiled softly at her words. His heart fluttered hearing her words. "You already knew that though." Rogue said looking at Sting with a raised eyebrow. Sting smiled, "Just making sure you two didn't get cold feet. It was blatantly obvious except for you two. I've never met anybody as stubborn as you two! It's amazing you two didn't fall for each other sooner." Sting said lightheartedly. The group arrived at the fork in the road that divides them to their separate paths. They all bid goodnight and left, well except for Khaleesi, Rogue, and their two sleeping companions. "Would you mind if I stayed with you for the night?" Khaleesi questioned. Rogue smiled softly as he lead her down the path to his house. Rogue wrapped his arm around Khaleesi pulling her closer to him. The pair stopped outside his house on the hill. Finley already grabbed a sleeping Frosch and with a yawn bid the two goodnight.

Rogue sat down bringing Khaleesi down with him. He pulled Khaleesi in between his legs wrapping his arms around the curvaceous blonde. He rested his head on her shoulder. Khaleesi held his hands interlocking her fingers with his. "What's been bothering you, Khali?" Rogue questioned softly. Khaleesi sighed softly, "It's just that no matter how hard I try to consider this a victory, I just can't. Yes, we did defeat our enemy and come out victorious. But at what cost? Both sides lost this fight. There were mass amounts of casualties on both sides. Can we really sit there and claim this was a victory? People have lost their lives and everyone is celebrating like that never happened. I just...I don't know." Khaleesi rambled out her sorrowful feelings. Rogue pulled Khaleesi tighter to him. He squeezed her hand softly, "I know. It's hard to process a war. But it is a victory. We were able to protect our homeland. To ensure that future generations have a sense of security and safety. Yes, there were casualties on both sides, but it depends on how much you value what you're fighting for. If you hold it in high regards then no price is too great. Think of it this way, if you were still with child, would you'd have hesitated? Would you be putting much thought into it like you're doing now?" Rogue voiced his opinion wrapping his arms around her waist resting his hands on her abdomen. Khaleesi closed her eyes in thought as she leaned her head back into his chest. "Of course, I wouldn't. That is a convincing point. I probably wouldn't even have had a second thought. Maybe I'm just holding guilt for causing loss." Khaleesi said disdainfully. Rogue inhaled smelling her scent as he tried picking her brain. "And why is that, Khali? You were fighting for the same reasons. So why do you feel like you're solely to blame for the one's who perished?" A dry chuckle left Khaleesi's lips without a hint of humor, "I have long desensitized myself from my work, but maybe it's a subconscious way of all my transgressions haunting me. I thought my sins had caught up to me a couple times, like a form of karma, or a demon there to drag me to hell." The woman said as she closed her eyes letting the breeze blow through her hair. Rogue pressed his lips into a firm line as the wind blew Khaleesi's blonde waves to the side away from her body. Rogue stared at her twenty-ringed seal before he pressed his lips against the mark. Khaleesi hummed softly at the feeling of his lips on her bare shoulder blade. He moved his lips near her ear. "I would gladly follow you through hell if it meant I could be with you." Rogue spoke in a soft whisper. Khaleesi turned her head to gaze at Rogue. Big emerald eyes met contrasting ruby eyes shining from the glow of the moonlight. Khaleesi stared in a daze, hypnotized by the stunning variety of reds that harmonized perfectly together. Rogue stared back as her beautiful,
bewitching, vibrant green eyes stole his breath from him. Rogue brought his hand to her cheek pushing her face closer to his. He rested his forehead against hers still entranced. Rogue brought his lips to her soft plump ones in a gentle kiss. Khaleesi transitioned her hands to the back of Rogue's neck, running a hand through his ebony locks. Their once captivating held gazes faded as their eyes closed shut. Rogue moved his hands to Khaleesi's hips as he lifted her up slightly pulling her body onto his lap. She wrapped her hand around the back of his neck, cradling it as he pulled her body closer, making her legs straddle his. She rested her body comfortably on his lap as she brought her torso flush against his chest. Rogue wrapped his arms around her waist trying to remove any space between them. Their lips shared soft and sweet pecks as they wordlessly communicated their feelings to one another. Khaleesi slide her hands down his neck and shoulders before resting them on his chest. A need for air surfaced in thw lungs as they both parted from each other only moving slightly apart to breathe. Khaleesi looked at Rogue in a soft gaze as she moved her hands to his cheeks. "I would never ask that of you, Ro." She spoke softly. Rogue looked back at her lovingly, "You never have to ask, Khali. I will always follow you no matter where you go. I love you and not even hell will deter me away from you." Rogue spoke just above a whisper. Khaleesi lips parted slightly as her chest fluttered. "I love you too, Ro. I will follow you blindly into the dark if it meant I could be with you. You're the only man that I've ever loved this much and that will never change. You've seen me at my worst and yet you still stayed by my side." Khaleesi said lovingly. "And you're the only woman who's made me feel these strong emotions. I would willingly give up everything to protect you." Rogue spoke gently bring his lips back to hers as he held her tightly in his grip. Khaleesi shifted slightly accidently pushing Rogue back against the ground causing her to land on top of him. They pulled apart as Rogue looked up at her with a playful smirk. "You know, for someone who comes across graceful, you sure can be clumsy, Khali." Rogue spoke light-heartedly joking. Khaleesi  looked down at Rogue with a pout. "Ro! That's so mean! I'm not that much of a klutz." Khaleesi huffed out only for Rogue to chuckle amused. "But you've proved this on multiple occasions." Rogue pointed out rubbing her cheek with his thumb. "It's reassuring to know that beauty and grace has a sense of humility." He said softly as Khaleesi brought her lips down to his. She pressed her lips softly on his. Rogue kissed back tenderly. His hands slide down across her body leaving light tingles down Khaleesi's spine with each graze his fingers made. Rogue let their bodies sink into the shadows only for them to reappear on his bed. Rogue's body had landed on top of Khaleesi's gently as his legs straddled her. Khaleesi continued to kiss Rogue unfazed by the change in scenery. Their sweet pecks deepened into passionate kisses finally free from having to hold back their own feelings for one another. Rogue's hands greedily grazed every inch of Khaleesi's body. Small electric chills flooded Khaleesi with each touch that scoured her body. She dragged her hands across his body lightly grazing her nails against his exposed skin. His body shivered from the chills of excitement she was sending him. Khaleesi started undoing Rogue's jacket exposing the bare flesh of his torso. She slid the tattered clothing off of him discarding it on the floor. She ran her hands over his bare skin relishing in the soft and warmth of his flesh. Rogue groaned softly in delight as her fingers skimmed up and down his exposed chest and back. He yearned to feel her skin. His hands grabbed the tattered center of her top ripping it. Khaleesi gasped softly as her exposed breast bounced slighly from being released from their confines. A chill escaped her as her torso was fully exposed to the air. A look of hunger was evident on his face as he licked his lips at the sight of her breasts bouncing out in freedom. "No bra?" Rogue asked as his voice grew deeper feeling his excitement increase. He looked at the woman with a devious smirk. "It didn't last too long. It was tattered like the rest of my clothes." Khaleesi breathlessly explained. A low groan escaped from Rogue's lips thinking about the curvy woman fighting the war with a mass amount of cleavage and bouncing with each movement she made. Khaleesi giggled at this side of Rogue that barely came out except around her. "You just now realizing that I've been fighting with no bra?" Rogue looked down at the woman before smashing his lips against hers in a heated kiss.

Rogue combed his hands down her exposed torso loving the feel of her skin. Rogue slide his hand down the side of Khaleesi's breast causing her to gasp softly. He took this moment to slide his tongue past Khaleesi's lips. He brushed his tongue against hers before exploring her mouth. His hands continued to caress every inch of her body as Khaleesi's hand studied every ripple his muscles would make. Their tongues fought feverishly against each other as their desire grew, only way to satiate their needs was to dwelve into the pleasure they've longed for from the other. Rogue broke from the intensity of their kissing, trailing heated kisses from her jaw to her neck. Khaleesi instinctively craned her neck to the side giving Rogue more access to her neck. A soft moan left Khaleesi's lips as Rogue kissed against the sensitive spot on her neck. Her hands clutched a little tighter on his shoulders as he sucked on that spot. Another moan escaped from her mouth as Rogue continued to abuse that spot with an occasional bite. Khaleesi wond her hands through his hair and tugging on his ebony locks. Rogue trailed kisses down further from her neck to her collarbone and to her sternum. He kissed in between her breasts before his mouth latched on to one of her perky nipples. Khaleesi moaned throwing her head back softly as she moved her hands back to Rogue's head tugging his hair. His hand moved to her other nipple rolling it between his fingers as his tongue flicked the pink bud in his mouth. He grew more excited watching the beautiful blonde thrash under him, moaning softly from pleasure only he could make her feel. He moved to her other rose bud continuing the same treatment before sending kisses down her sternum to her stomach. His hands roamed down her curvaceous body before skillfully removing her skirt. Rogue showered kisses along her hips, her pelvic area, and thighs. Khaleesi sat up and ran her hands down Rogue's muscular chest and abdomen. She brought her hands to his boxers and pants sliding them off his hips and down his legs. Rogue kicked them off letting them fall in a pile on the floor. Khaleesi hummed in satisfaction as her nail traced his muscles along his abdomen watching his body tense with a shudder. Rogue brought his hands down her back before grapping the curves of her ass. His hand grasped it tightly causing a moan to leave the woman. Rogue kissed her making her lean back till her body rested back on the bed. He brought his hands from her back to her panties as his fingers hooked around them pulling them down. He took a moment to stare in appreciation of his creation. Khaleesi laid on the bed a complete mess. Her cheeks flushed slightly from the heat he was causing as small droplets of perspiration formed on her body. Her mouth slightly ajar as she panted softly. Her hair laid disheveled along the pillow and her half-lidded big green eyes darkened in color with anticipation as they stared back at his own half lidded eyes. His breath slightly hitched in his throat as he stared at the mesmerizing sight of his best friend and newly confessed lover lay under him naked, exposed, and vulnerable. An occurrence that she rarely shows to anyone, but he's proud to be the only man that can instigate this rare side of her out.

His chest swelled with pride and love for the woman under him. Khaleesi stared up at Rogue watching as emotions flickered in his eyes kindling a fire that was growing between them. "Beautiful." Rogue breathed out staring down at Khaleesi with a loving gaze causing Khaleesi's eyes to widen and a blush to form on her cheeks at his words. Her heart pounded against her chest as more emotions took flight, fluttering in her body. Rogue leaned his body back down on top of Khaleesi as he kissed her slightly swollen lips passionately.  Khaleesi kissed back with equal intensity as Rogue positioned himself at her entrance. He slid in as a moan errupted from Khaleesi. Rogue groaned lowly enjoying the tight fit. He thrusted causing Khaleesi to throw her head back with a moan as her hands grabbed at his back. She spread her legs wider wrapping them around his waist as Rogue started thrusting at a slow, but intense pace. He groaned deeply as her nails raked against down his back slowly. He watched as her mouth parted intaking a small breath before moaning as he thrusted in and out of her. Her half- lidded eyes occasionally closed as the pleasure started to overtake her. Rogue's pace picked up causing Khaleesi's back to arch and her moans to grow louder. Khaleesi's hand moved from his back grasping the pillow her head laid on. Rogue thrusted harder into her groaning as she clenched against him tighter each time he thrust he made. He watched as her breasts bounced back and forth with his thrusting. He growled deeply as her hips bucked against his causing him to be pushed deeper into her. Rogue moved his hands to Khaleesi's hips clutching them tightly helping him obtain a better grip. Khaleesi's breathing became unevenly as she panted through her moans. His breathing had become heavy with each thrust he made. He leaned down kissing her lovingly as she kissed back moaning through the kiss. Rogue brought his hand up to Khaleesi's as he laced his fingers with hers. Rogue parted from her lips as he watched her every move. She met his gaze with one filled with passion and love. Her moans got louder as she stared to tighten around him more. A low groan resonated deep from Rogue's throat as he thrusted faster. Khaleesi's hand clutched his hand tighter as her moans turned to screams as her the knot in her stomach tightened. "Oh God! Ro!" Khaleesi loudly moaned out not caring how loud her voice was. Khaleesi's toes curled as her legs tightened around Rogue's waist. Rogue thrusted harder into Khaleesi as he felt his own knot tighten. Khaleesi looked up at him as she moaned, "R-Ro, I-Im really close!" Khaleesi moaned out as Rogue groaned. Rogue leaned down giving her a chaste kiss. He breathlessly spoke as he looked down at her, "I'm close too." Rogue pounded into Khaleesi causing her knot to uncoil itself. She screamed in ecstasy as she clenched tightly around Rogue driving him to his own release, "ROGUE!" Rogue groaned loudly as he twitched inside Khaleesi and clenched his jaw as pleasure overcame him. Khaleesi laid panting on the bed trying to regain control of her breathing. Her body lightly covered in sweat as she looked up at Rogue. Rogue's chest heaved heavily as he caught his breath. His body collapsed lightly onto Khaleesi's as he looked down at her lovingly. "I love you so much, Khali." Rogue said breathlessly as sweat dripped down his body. Khaleesi held a soft gaze as she looked up at him, "I love you so much, too Ro!" Khaleesi softly said still slightly out of breath. Rogue smiled softly before kissing her tenderly. Khaleesi wrapped her arms around him kissing him back. Rogue broke apart from the kiss, pulling out of Khaleesi and laying on his back. He pulled the covers over them and pulled Khaleesi closer to him as she nestled her head on his chest. Rogue wrapped his arm around her securely, kissing her forehead. Khaleesi's hand rested on his chest as she closed her eyes loving the feeling of his lips on her. She sighed softly in bliss as she was held closely to Rogue. Their legs tangled together under the sheets.

A simple act they've indulged in numerous times felt different. It wasn't just sex to them anymore. They were conveying their strong love for one another in a bond only they share mutually as a couple. It was no longer an act of sex, instead it had become a sensual session of love making. They share the ability to be able to feel so close to each other, so connected, so comfortable that it’s almost breathtaking to the point neither one could fathom. This was the first time they fully caved to their feelings of intimacy for one another, showering each other with the love they've longed to show to the other for a long time.

Rogue ran his hand through Khaleesi's tangled mess of hair leaving chaste kisss on her cheeks then lips. Khaleesi giggled softly before kissing him softly and curling into his chest. "I love you, Rogue." Khaleesi said softly. Rogue's grip tightened around her not wanting to ever let go as he smiled looking over to the woman on his chest. "And I love you, Khaleesi." Rogue said softly before kissing her goodnight one last time. Soon sleep overtook the pair as smiles graced their faces as they drifted away to a much needed sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.7K 25
My name is Zeref Dragneel. I'm your brother. Natsu. My beloved brother, has finally understood. He will finally kill me. Thank you, Layla, Anna...
952 29 23
After an attack on the guild everyone finds out that there's a new enemy who want Lucy, but not just Lucy, her and every other remaining celestial wi...
70 9 7
You go into a cave looking for your cat but this cave doesn't seem to have a end but after sometime you do reach it but when you come back out your i...
35.7K 757 20
After Natsu is struck by a mysterious spell on a mission something strange happens...he turns into a dragon. But not your normal dragon a baby one. O...