Childhood Pals

By DanversFrost35

"A boy from Daxam and a girl from Krypton." Daxamites and Kryptonians have been at war for years. The only th... More

Prologue: The Meeting
Chapter 1: Acquaintances
Chapter 2: Secret Garden
Chapter 3: School
UPDATE
UPDATE #2
Chapter 4: Segara Beyal
Chapter 5: Daxam
Chapter 6: Earth; Part 1
Chapter 7: Earth; Part 2
Chapter 8: Kara Danvers
Chapter 9: Supergirl
Chapter 10: The D.E.O.
Chapter 11: Valor
Chapter 12: Linda Lee Danvers
Chapter 13: Revelation
Chapter 14: Mon-El
Chapter 15: Confrontation
Chapter 16: Identities Revealed?
Chapter 17: It's a Date!
Chapter 19: Supergirl & Valor
Chapter 20: Kara Zor-El & Mon-El
A Little Update...
Going for a break
Chapter 21: Halk Kar
Chapter 22: Girl of Steel
Questions
Chapter 23: Jealous?
Chapter 24: Superman
Chapter 25: Argo City
Chapter 26: Dreams Come True
Chapter 27: Bizarro
Chapter 28: Finally
Chapter 29: Mr. Mxyzptlk
Chapter 30: Lords and Luthors
Chapter 31: Chaos
Chapter 32: Out Of Control
Chapter 33: Complications
Chapter 34: Trust Issues; Part 1
Chapter 35: Trust Issues; Part 2
Chapter 36: Time for action
Chapter 37: And So It Begins
Chapter 38: Hope
Chapter 39: Dilemmas
Chapter 40: Crisis Averted
Epilogue: The Meeting
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 18: Kara Danvers & Mike Matthews

286 11 9
By DanversFrost35

"Kara Danvers is going on a date!"

"I know! Help me. Please," Kara pouted. Alex just grinned.

"There's no need to beg me. I was already going to."

Kara breathed. "Okay, first of all. Dress or shirt?"

"Uh . . . dress."

Kara pulled out two dresses. A red dress and a blue dress. "Which is better?"

Alex seemed to evaluate them, "Blue. Always go for the blue. Brings out your eyes."

"Okay. Shoes? Heels? Flats? Whaddya think?"

"Uhm . . . what you're comfortable in."

"Any accessories?"

"Okay. Kara, relax. There's no need to get so worked up because of a date. Like Kelly and me." Alex rubbed her sister's shoulder, offering her some comfort.

"O-okay, thanks."

~~~~~~~~

She walked down the pier, trying to look as confident as she could possibly look. She spotted Mike waiting in front of the coffee shop. She ran up to him.

"Hi. Did I keep you waiting?

"N-nope. I just got here five minutes ago. Y-you look great, by the way."

"Th-thanks, Mike."

"Well, shall we?" Mike extended his hand. Kara took it.

"Let's go."

Her eyes lit up as she walked into the coffee shop. It was almost empty. Mon-El walked up to the counter and they brought the two to a private area.

She smiled at Mike. "This is wonderful."

"Didn't take much," he smirked at her. "Just some reservations."

"As they brought the two food and drinks, Kara smiled at the dishes. "This is my favourite! How'd you know?"

"Believe it or not, I actually rang up Alex the other day, and she helped me plan this out." Mike gave her a grin.

Seriously?

"When?"

"A few days back."

As she dug into her food, she tried to look as 'normal' as she could, but with her stuffing her mouth, it was to no avail.

Mike giggled. She was just too cute.

Kara blushed, her eyes lighting up as she heard his laugh. I haven't seen him in years, I really missed him.

She smiled, as she spoke of her job, as a reporter, as Kara Danvers.

"I wish you can spend more time with them, my friends. They're really great people. I'm sure you'd love to be a part of the team."

"Team?"

"Our little group. You know, Alex, Lena, Nia, Kelly, James, Winn, and Sam? Brainy can join too, if he'd like. He seems to be quite 'close' with Nia." Kara smiled, emphasising the word close.

Mike grinned. "You know, Kara. I would like to know more about you."

Kara blinked at his statement. "S-sure. What would you like to know about me?"

Mike looked down at his empty plate, "What's your favourite food?"

Kara laughed, "Is that seriously a question?"

Mike nodded. Kara laughed again. "Everything. But mostly potstickers, and some fast food."

"Figures." Mike chuckled alongside her. She leaned in, and interlaced her fingers with his as she continued to talk about her life, how she was picked on in school, how some people enjoyed picking a fight with her, and she spoke of how much she loved her sister. Mike pulled his hand back.

"Kara."

"Hmm?" Kara looked up from her plate, as she gulped down some coffee along with her food. Mike looked at her, "What's your favourite movie or TV show?"

"Oh, that's simple. The Wizard of Oz."

"Is . . . there a reason why?"

Because it's about a girl lost in a land unfamiliar to her own, much like how I felt lost on Earth when I first came here.

Kara shook her head, "I just liked the plot and the effects used."

Mike gave her an expression that told her that he didn't believe the story she told, but she ignored it, "What about you?"

"I like . . . Terminator."

"The series?"

Mike gave her a firm nod. She wasn't surprised that he enjoyed something like that, with all its action and time-travel.

"What do you think about their concept of time travel?"

"Well, I feel that some parts don't really make sense, and how several paradoxes should have happened already, but I honestly don't really care. It's really the plot that matters most to me."

Kara smiled. "What about . . . favourite superhero?"

"Valor."

Of course, he'd pick himself. She would also have done that. Just as she thought that, Mike looked over to her, "What about you?"

"I really like Supergirl. She was National City's first and 'original' hero."

"So I've heard. Even Cat Grant likes her, huh?"

"Well, yeah. I work under Miss Grant, and she and Supergirl are close friends. I've seen them talk to each other often."

"Yeah. Hey, what's it like working under the most powerful woman in the world? Miss Catherine Grant?"

"Oh, uhm, she can be quite demanding, especially if you're her assistant. But I worked my way up, and now I can hold a decent conversation with her, and though I'm not her assistant anymore, I still work in CatCo., and we're on great terms," Kara explained, her lips tugging upward in a smile.

Mike looked up, "Let's walk along the riverside as we talk, yeah?"

"Uh, yeah. That sounds good."

~~~~~~~~

He hadn't felt this thrill in years. Not even with Imra did he feel this way.

He could feel his blood coursing through his veins, felt every thud of his heart. As he paid for the meal, he could feel Kara's eyes on him.

"So, Mike. Why did you choose to become a bartender?"

"Well, not many places hire aliens, and I didn't want to become an outcast, so I chose to work where all the other aliens are."

"But no one would know," Kara lowered her voice to a whisper, "You could pass off as human just based off of how you look right now."

"I just felt unsafe, okay?"

"Alright, I'm sorry."

There was a long, awkward pause between the two.

Kara uneasily broke the silence, "You know, I could get you a job at CatCo., depending on what you'd like to do there."

Mike gave a breathy laugh, "I don't know, Kara. Offices are really not my thing."

"Okay."

Another pause.

Mike felt his cheeks heat up, as he said, "Did you know that I almost got a job at a strip club when I came to National City?"

"No way." Kara chuckled, "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. But I settled for what I have now. And I'm happy."

"It's good that you're doing something you enjoy," Kara checked her watch, "Oh no! I've got somewhere to be soon! I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, sure."

Kara reached into her purse as she turned to leave, when her hand came into contact with cool metal.

"Alex said that Supergirl wanted to pass this to you. For whatever reason, I don't know," Kara turned to look back at Mike, "But . . . when you open it here, you can press this button. Once for her to come, twice to tell her not to go."

"Gotcha. I can use this to call Supergirl when I need to?"

"Yep. Now, I better get going."

~~~~~~~~

That night, as Kara just dozed off, she heard a ringing in her ears. Someone was calling her.

She jumped out of bed and pulled on her suit. Out the window she flew.

She landed on a helicopter landing pad, where she heard the sound emanating from. Valor stood there, the watch she'd given him in his hands.

"I gave you the watch for emergencies. What did you call me here for? I see no problem." Supergirl told him seriously.

Valor fumbled with the watch, "I know, but I really wanted to talk to you."

She heard a loud roar, then, the sound of glass being broken. Supergirl looked at her partner, "Whatever it is will have to wait, we've got lives to save."

With that, the two figures leapt into action, soaring towards the sound of the screams and roars.

"Oh no. Why're they back?"

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: I really had no idea what to write . . . but it was long! I hope this made up for the past few shorter chapters!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.4K 62
What happens if Krypton was never destroyed? If Mon-el is just another jerk prince. This story takes place on Krypton, assuming Krypton never blew up...
25.5K 1K 33
In this fan fiction, all if the characters in Supergirl are in high school. Kara is an alien from Krypton, Clark/Kal el had arrived only 14 years bef...
13.4K 499 50
What if there was a girl from Daxam and a boy from Krypton? What if they met and fell in love? But what if it gets complicated? What if secrets get i...
9.1K 259 14
Kara and Mon-el Officially return and move to Argo City, leaving everyone behind but making sure they can still be in touch with them via a hologram...