Fated To Be Together ✔️

By Zoya_001

She is model of innocence; He is anything but innocent. She sees the world in light; He only sees darkness. ... More

Prologue
1. Loneliness
2. Tears
3. Progress?
4. Scared
5. Rules
6. First Time
7. Resistance
8. Box of Past
9. Sweetie Pie
10. Stupid
11. Meeting Him
12. Hate
13. Discipline
14. Red
15. Grand-Father
16. Daddy Dearest
17. Choice
18. Daughter
19. Charity
20. His Choice
21. Missing
22. Finally
23. Mom
24. Chance
25. Accident
26. Crush?
27. Waking up
28. Reckless
29.Slap
30. Name?
31.Rules
32. New Beginning
33. Dinner or Date?
34.Falling
35. Strength
36. Perfection
37. Complicated
38. Her Realisation
39. Support?
40. Kabir's Way
41. Sleep
42. Bir's Claim
43. Perfect Guilt
44. Burden?
46. Falling Apart
47. Kabir's Vow
48. Mysterious?
49. Businessmen & Lasagne
50. Blue
51. Equal?
52. Destruction
53. Betrayal
54. Trust
55. Letter
56. Hope
57. Destruction
58. Lies and Truth
59. Hiding
60. Breaking Down
61. Strength
62. Forgot?
63. Connection
64. Emotions
65. Fate
Bonus Chapter

45. Father's Son?

6.8K 504 171
By Zoya_001

Enjoy Reading (:

I have purposefully avoided Vaish's husband's name so that those who are reading PTBT don't get any spoilers (:

-----------------------------------

Flashback:

After Vaish's wedding:

Kabir entered the restaurant feeling tired. The day has taken a toll on him and he was frustrated because nothing was working out.

None of his plans were working.

Seemed like he didn't have any option left.

He put the all is well mask on his face but knew that his sweetie pie will see through it. Well, that meant that he just had to distract her.

And he knew the perfect way to distract her.

Her husband was her weakness.

He needed her and everyone else to be angry with him, so they don't contact him for a while as he didn't want them to meet his Sunshine yet.

Because if his sweetie pie meets his Sunshine, then she will understand every step of his plan and tell her everything, from beginning. She won't support his twisted ways for sure.

But he can't do that. He can't let his Sunshine know the truth. He can't let everything he carefully planned to go in vain.

So, he needed to make them angry, very angry so that they don't talk to him and don't see how much of a bad person he is.

He didn't have a problem with being called bad, he had the problem with the consequences of what would happen if his sweetie pie meets his Sunshine.

So he needed to make her angrier than she already was. Also, his other plan was nowhere near success. His sweetie pie was finally happy and she doesn't deserve to be dragged into the mess, not until it's near the end. So, he needed to add one more sin in his list.

He took a deep breath and entered inside.

***

"Where is that monkey?" Pakhi asked in a fake angry voice but he could hear the excitement in her voice.

He missed his friends, really. Last time they met it was sudden and Vaish did the Vegas wedding and everyone was busy in consoling her so they didn't have time to realise what all has changed but now four months have passed and everyone had the idea of loss they suffered due to his sudden disappearance, which he now agrees was completely idiotic.

"Yeah! Where is that idiot? I have to beat him up! Don't tell me he is so scared that he won't come in front of me." Vaish said in a joking manner and everyone laughed but not his sweetie pie because she had a feeling that he was near.

They always know about each other's presence.

"Scared and me? In parallel universe; you devil incarnation!" Kabir covered his inner turmoil in a playful tone and everyone but Sanaa turned to look at him.

Vaish walked to him first and made an angry face but he just held his ears and gave a smile. An untold apology passed between them; a look of understanding and realisation and Vaish can't help but hug him tightly.

Because till now she was seeing only Sanaa's pain but seeing him properly after so many years she saw another version of him; like he has matured beyond his age. His eyes were holding so many emotions and she was unable to decipher them. She didn't even tried to because she knew only one person could understand Kabir's twisted emotions and that person was currently sitting with her back turned on him.

So she did the only thing she could. She hugged him tightly with all her strength to show her support. He was her friend, from childhood and she can't hate him no matter what because he has taught her so many important things about life.

Kabir has not realised yet what all he had missed but seeing all his friends in front of him; he realised what he missed in the years he was gone and his conscience once again warned him against the idea he had in his mind for today.

He playfully ruffled Vaish's hairs and she swatted his hand and laughed. Next was Pakhi and she looked at him for two second before doing unexpected.

She hugged him and that was surprising because they were always fighting or teasing each other. Today he saw what everyone told them both. They had this unique bond where they don't support each other by good words but have their own ways of making the other person feel better. She will tease him to the point where he can't help but forget everything and reply to her in her own language with all the sarcasm of the world dipping from his tone.

"Four eyes finally became two eyes! Not fair. Now how will I tease you?" He asked playfully and she immediately kicked him and smirked.

"I'm still four eyes only. Just wearing the things they call lenses. One could argue that being a doctor you should know about them but then again we all know your I.Q.!" Pakhi replied and Vaish clapped at her perfect reply.

Next was Rahul.

He didn't say anything to Kabir. He just looked at him and Kabir felt guilty for leaving his best friend without any contact.

"You should not have done that. I didn't deserve that." Rahul just said and Kabir's guilt doubled.

He almost decided to leave his plan for tonight because he knew the consequences of it. It will destroy everything once again.

"I'm sorry bro." Kabir finally said that and came forward to man hug him.

"We will talk about it later. Right now be normal." Kabir whispered in his ear not wanting to dampen the atmosphere and Rahul nodded before smiling and turning to everyone.

"Meet Vaish's husband." Rahul introduced them and Kabir turned to him and shook his hand.

"Are you sure?" Kabir asked the man who married his very good friend from childhood.

"Are you sure that you want to handle this drama queen for rest of your life? I can still arrange an escape plan for you!" He said waiting for his reaction.

"Not a chance dude!"

He heard the reply and Kabir looked at Vaish who was making faces at him.

"Good." Kabir was satisfied by his answer and hugged him and whispered in his ears, "Hurt her and you will face us before her family."

"Hurt my wife and Shenu again and you will not be able to warn anyone else again." He replied in equally strong manner, keeping his voice down when everyone started sitting and even though Kabir was surprised to hear his sweetie pie's name from his mouth he didn't show it and nodded stiffly.

They all loved each other and cared!

That's it. He won't hurt them today.

May be some other day but not today. They all are too happy. He can't spoil their happiness. He smiled arriving at his final decision.

The waiters arranged for a chair and call it destiny or fate that his chair was beside his sweetie pie. Her husband was sitting on one side of her and he was sitting on another side. Everyone noticed that but no one said anything.

Not wanting to make the atmosphere awkward they both smiled at everyone but themselves. Kabir and Rehan just nodded at each other.

Kabir looked at his sweetie pie's face. She looked different. She was glowing. He was happy to see her happy. If being with that businessman made her happy then he will tolerate him for her sake.

If one lasagna is bad, then it doesn't mean all will be bad. We just need to try it again.

He remembered her words on their first date and smiled.

May be this businessman was different.

He thought and smiled. The things she said and the effect they had on him.

But his smile soon turned to a frown when he noticed that waiter served his sweetie pie a...juice.

In all the years he has known his sweetie pie she always drinks black coffee without sugar, after she entered college but today she was drinking juice; which was really weird.

He knew that her habit has not changed in all these years too because when she visited him, she ordered black coffee. She didn't like any other beverage no matter how much anyone forced her. Then what changed today?

He looked at her carefully. She has gained weight and he was happy that she was taking care of herself and eating properly.

He finally noticed her swollen feet because she has opened her shoes and his eyes widened.

No.

This can't be happening!

He closed his eyes and silently prayed that whatever he is thinking was just his thinking and not truth. Because if it was then he will have to keep her away...more than ever.

The dinner was a good affair and they all talked forgetting everything until the dessert was served.

Fruit salad; Sanaa and Kabir's favourite dessert.

Kabir had ordered it, just to confirm his doubt.

She happily picked it up but Rehan suddenly stopped her and told her something and her eyes widened before she kept it back.

Rehan offered her, his ice cream and she smiled and took a bite from that.

Kabir finally closed his eyes and accepted the truth. She didn't eat her favourite dessert because it was having papaya.

He clenched his fists before arriving at his final decision.

Sorry mom!

Sorry sweetie pie!

As everyone was getting up, he saw his sweetie pie coming to him. He knew that look. She was going to forgive him and he knew why. She needed an emotional support at this time of her life but he was going to disappoint her.

For a fleeting second his heart reminded him about the childhood image of her. The memory of how they met when they were just ten years old and she was crying and her nose was blowing; passed through his mind and a dry tear escaped his eyes because what he was going to do now was going to destroy everything once again.

Why does it have to be so difficult?

He wanted to be greedy for one second and hug her tightly and accept whatever she was offering but he knew that now was not the time, especially when she was in this condition.

He has two separate plans going on and he didn't want to involve her in any of them. He had to keep her at some distance.

Her pregnancy is something that should never be compromised.

Sanaa noticed the determined look in his eyes. She knew that look. She knew what it meant. She knew what was coming, something which she won't like. She knew he knew.

She silently begged at him to look at her once and not do whatever he was going to do but that only made his decision more firm. He can't, he just can't.

So he turned towards his side and saw Rehan standing there and talking with Rahul and Pakhi and walked towards him with a determined look and a clenched fist.

This is what will hurt her without hurting her.

He turned Rehan in a forceful manner and Sanaa knew what he was going to do but before she or anyone could do anything; he punched Rehan.

Sanaa shouted and hurriedly walked towards Rehan's side. All their friends came and stood near him while Rahul was holding Kabir back.

Kabir was not feeling sorry for the punch. He wanted to give it to him and he didn't regret it.

No man was good enough for his sweetie pie. Also, he got to know about the deal between Mr. Malik and Rehan at the time of their marriage. Like it or not, Rehan paid to get married to her.

And that was not something that Kabir could forgive. His sweetie pie doesn't deserve to be brought like some business deal.

So yeah, he didn't regret it. What he regretted was that it all had to happen in this manner, at this time and place, when everyone was so happy.

Make them angry! He chanted in his mind.

"You! You did it purposefully right?" Kabir shouted and he was really angry after knowing everything about Rehan's deal.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Someone shouted.

"Have you lost it completely you idiot?" Vaish was also angry.

But Kabir didn't care. He has to make them angry.

Rehan on the other hand turned towards his sweetie pie.

"It's alright, Angel! I'm fine. You are a doctor. See for yourself that everything is alright? I can see you and I can feel us." He whispered; pressing his hand on her stomach and now everyone's eyes widened.

Realisation dawned upon them that their friend is expecting.

Idiots! Didn't even realise that their friend is expecting and call themselves doctors! Kabir thought back in his mind.

Rehan then turned to Pakhi and said, "You are an OBG right? Please check her. She is scared. She just completed her first trimester." He said and Pakhi immediately nodded moving towards Sanaa but she stopped her.

Nothing was wrong with his sweetie pie. She already knew that he was going to something stupid. She was prepared. He would never ever harm her especially when she is pregnant. Kabir thought and bit his tongue once again to stop talking.

"I'm alright. She can check me but a second before that. Let this man complete his questions." Sanaa said and looked at Kabir emotionlessly.

That single look broke Kabir. She didn't even call his name.

Everyone looked at Kabir questioningly. Now was the time, to show them his sick mentality. So, they would all hate him. And so he spoke.

"He did it purposefully. He got you pregnant so that you are now tied up. You can't do anything but become dependent on him for everything. You are the leader of SMC, a renowned neurosurgeon but now you won't be performing any major surgeries for a while now. Your career will get a setback.

While he will be busy making money you will become a housewife for him. This is the mentality of these businessmen that I hate. I despise them. Now he has one more advantage over you, your child. He will use it as your weakness." Kabir ranted and everyone looked at him shocked over his mentality.

But he didn't regret it. At this moment he wasn't seeing Sanaa but his mother and the injustice that happened with her because of her pregnancy. He knew that he was harsh but he said what he felt needed to be said.

He knew that Rehan was not taking advantage of his sweetie pie.

But he still had to take precautions and feed it in Rehan's mind so that this businessman remains as careful regarding her career as he is towards his own. History shouldn't repeat itself.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his sweetie pie laughing humourlessly.

Ouch!

Here it comes.

He thought and prepared himself.

"You are so funny. You know, you were the one who taught me the lessons to learn from my past but not become a prisoner of it. But what I'm seeing today is nothing but a man who is prisoner of his mind. A man so lost in past that he can't see his present. He can't see anything around him. He can't differentiate between people. A man so blinded by his hatred that he can't look at anyone with a clear mind.

You think just like Mr. Malik took advantage of your mom; every man will take advantage of the woman who loves him. I and Rehan are lawfully wedded. We want our whole lives together and this happiness together and I'm not going to explain anything more than that to you because you are too narrow minded to understand the meaning of love and trust.

And my career getting a set back? Are you serious? There is a thing called maternity leave and it is there for a purpose. I, like millions of other women on this planet know how to manage my personal and professional life together and with a partner like Rehan and family like mine, I will definitely do that.

I pity your sick mentality Kabir Malik Shah. Don't show me your face again. You really proved that you are your father's son!"

Sanaa said her final words and Kabir was shocked, listening to the harshness in her tone.

The last sentence hurt him the most.

His Son.

That was something he never wanted to be.

When will she realise that she is his priority? Till when he will keep on getting punishment for that one mistake?

But then realised that he punished her without any mistake for four and half years.

Bir and Sweetie pie can't be angry on each other. Her words were not in anger but in pain.

But it hurt him nonetheless. His sweetie pie could yell at him, be angry with him or even slap him but she shouldn't have said those last words.

He was not his father's son! How long he is going to have to prove that?

So, he looked at their faces once again and captured the final memory before turning back to leave.

Because now he would meet her after she gives birth.

He can't stress her again and his face will stress her. So, he needed to stay away. She can hate him; he will care for enough to last for both of them.

He started walking when he heard her.

"And one more thing Mr. Malik."

She said and Kabir flinched at her words but turned hiding his hurt behind a mask of indifference.

Mr. Malik. No he was not, Mr. Malik!

He saw her standing with Rehan's help. She looked straight in Kabir's eyes, "He doesn't have one advantage over me but two. We are having twins." She completed and Kabir stilled.

He immediately turned his face and hurriedly walked away; not wanting to give her any chance to understand him.

Now he was clearer than ever, what he did was right.

He smiled darkly.

He has cut off the last piece of rationality in his life. Now there won't be any voice of reason, no one to guide him or support him. Hell! No one could even understand him and his twisted ways.

He got a message while driving and he opened it and the contents shocked the hell out of him even though it was always a possibility.

His Sunshine just messaged him, 'I'm pregnant.'

He stopped the car on empty road and closed his eyes, trying to catch up with his emotions.

He was going to have a baby. They were going to have a baby; their little one.

He closed his eyes imagining the picture; his lips curling in smile.

Whatever that happened today was not all bad. He smiled widely after a long time. It was all going good; just the way he wanted it to be.

He came out of the car and sat over the hood to take a deep breath. His mind was distracted and he has promised his sweetie pie that he won't drive when he is distracted.

He also promised that he will take care of his life, to her.

A sweet voice entered his ears, his Sunshine's and he smiled more if possible.

All for her because of her and only her.

His Sunshine took away all the hurt that he has inside him with that single message. She elevated his mood after the intense get together, even without realising how much he needed it.

She didn't know what an amazing news she has given to him. He wanted to hug her, twirl her, kiss her and shout on the top of his voice.

He read the message once again and thought about the only other person with whom he wanted to share this news but cannot and sighed.

Sweetie pie.

His sweetie pie should not meet his Sunshine and she should not know about his Sunshine's pregnancy. Not before he finishes everything.

"Turned out that we really are similar Sweetie pie; our timings are so damn similar. The day you gave me the news that I'm going to Uncle is the day I want to tell you that...

You are going to be an aunt too."

He whispered into air knowing well that he can't say it directly to her and took a deep breath to get his emotions in place; before resuming the drive to their home, where his reason of happiness was waiting for him.

***

Uff...I feel bad for Kabir when he will find out that his 'reason for happiness' ran away.

So now the past is over. Go back and read chapter 1, 3, 4 and 5 and see Kabir's words and reaction. I hope it's justified.

Despite everything Kabir didn't deserve what he got from both of the women in his life.

I know that some of you will say that he himself is creating mess and I agree. Still, Sanaa's words were really harsh, especially when she knows how much he hate being referred by that name.

And Zara's running away and her words about abortion, made him lose his fuse. His day was already bad. He was happy finally. A little bit frustated still happy till Zara accused him of suggesting abortion. After that he lost his fuse.

So,

Team Kabir

Or

Team Zara

I'm enjoying this too much. Because one chapter everyone feels bad for Zara, another chapter we see Kabir's frustrations and despite all his plans we love him.

Ps: I really find the idea of turning Sanaa into villain tempting. She has fire and knows where to strike (;

This was really a big chapter. So vote, comment and share. Silent readers too so that I could update a little early. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 2.6K 46
**Can be read as General Fiction** _________________________________________ Its a story of a girl named Zoya who has always been protected so much b...
428 39 8
𝔰𝔞𝔲𝔡𝔞𝔡𝔢 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝚊 𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜...
91.2K 4K 49
"Whatever!" she said as she turned around to leave but he held her hand and swung her to him, she struck his stiff body. Her eyes were widened. "If y...
313K 32.5K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...