Cold Hearted | Damon Salvatore

By ShanayaSalvatore

(currently editing) "Before he met her he was nothing but a cold heart" [BOOK ONE OF ARIA CONNOR SERIES] [TH... More

cold hearted
act one
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Two
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Three
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Four
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
Act Five
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Six
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Seven
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Eight
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Sequel!

two

41.5K 978 1.5K
By ShanayaSalvatore

02. The Night Of The Comet

Dear Journal, 

This morning I woke up feeling different, something has changed, I can sense it, feel it. I'm awake, for the first time in a very long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake. For the first time, in a long time, I don't regret the day before it has even begun, instead I welcome it, because for some reason I feel like something is going to happen today, something good. And because of that good feeling, for the first time in a very long time, I feel good.

Aria grabbed her schoolbag and coat and stepped out of her room at the same time as Elena, "Morning Elena".

Elena smiled at Aria, "Morning Aria".

Aria and Elena proceeded to go downstairs, but got stopped by Jenna, "Hold on you two, do I look adult?", Jenna showed Elena and Aria her outfit, "As in, respectfully parental?".

"Depends where you're going" Elena replied.

"Jeremy's parent teacher conference" Jenna informed, walking up to the mirror, "Hair up or down?".

"Sexy stewardess" Aria teased.

Jenna put her hair down, "Boozy housewife" Elena said.

"Up it is" Jenna said, making Elena and Aria laugh, "Both of you are feisty today".

Aria looked at Elena and smiled, knowing both of them were in the same boat today, "That's cause we feel good today".

"Which is rare" Elena said, "So we've decided to go with it".

"Yeah like fly free, walk on sunshine and all that cliché stuff" Aria said, making Jenna laugh.

Elena looked towards Jeremy's room, "Where is Jeremy?".

"Oh, he left early" Jenna replied, "Something about getting to woodshop early to finish a birdhouse?".

Immediately both Aria and Elena frowned hearing, they both knew there was no woodshop today, as soon as Jenna's eyes landed on their faces she let out a sigh, "There is no woodshop, is there?".

Aria shook her head, "Nope".

Jenna shook her head slightly, feeling embarrassed she got tricked by a teenager.

***

"Originally discovered nearly five centuries ago it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over a 145 years" Mr Tanner explained, "Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration", Mr Tanner looked at Elena and Stefan who were too busy staring at each other to notice his anger, "Are we bothering you? Mr Salvatore? Miss Gilbert?".

Elena shook her head in embarrassment, and behind her Aria had to cover her mouth from laughing out loud, she had seen Stefan and Elena staring at each other and honestly they weren't being subtle about it, she was just surprised it took Mr Tanner this long to catch them.

Before Mr Tanner could say anything to Elena and Stefan the bell rang, signaling the end of the period.

As Aria was packing her things, both Stefan and Elena walked up to her desk, "Hey Aria".

Aria smiled at Stefan, "Hey Stefan".

"Um so, I brought you something" Stefan informed.

Aria looked at Stefan in confusion, she then turned to Elena who was just smiling widely at her, "A gift, for me?".

"Uh yeah, I brought you this" Stefan said, handing Aria a book.

"Holy shit" Aria said, grabbing the book from Stefan, "Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell, oh my god I've been looking for this cover of the book everywhere online, but couldn't find it anywhere".

 "Yeah, Elena told me about your love for this book last night and I remembered I had it so I brought it for you" Stefan explained.

"Aww your so sweet, thank you so much" Aria said, side hugging Stefan, she then turned to Elena, "Thank you for telling your boyfriend about my love for this book".

Elena looked at Aria in embarrassment, "Uh, he's not, he's not my boyfriend".

"Yet" Aria teased, making both Elena and Stefan look down at their feet, but the small smiles on their faces told a whole different story.

"Okay" Elena said, grabbing her bag, "Let's go before someone ends up locking us in this room".

Elena, Aria and Stefan were now walking down the corridor of their high school, "You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name" Aria said.

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms" Stefan explained, "It was the time, female writers weren't very accepted then".

Aria turned to Stefan in excitement, "Hey, you never told me where you got this cover from?".

"Uh, it was passed down through the family".

"It's official, I love your ancestors for keeping such an iconic version of this book" an excited Aria said.

Elena smiled widely looking at Aria's excitement, she was happy seeing an actual smile on her best friend's face after such a long time, "Told you she will love it, she's a huge bookworm".

"I appericate good talent" Aria replied, "Nothing wrong with that".

"I have lots of books" Stefan said, handing Aria the book, "Go ahead, keep it.

Aria looked at Stefan in shock, "What?", Aria looked at Elena, "Did you just hear the same thing I heard?".

Elena nodded her head in amusement, "Yes Aria, I heard the same thing you heard".

Aria looked at Stefan, "I can't keep this Stefan", before Stefan could say anything, Aria spoke again, "However, I would love to read it again in this beautiful cover, I swear I'll give it back to you as soon as I finished".

Stefan smiled and nodded his head in understanding, "Okay".

***

After talking to Stefan and Elena, Aria met up with Bonnie and Caroline.

"I'm confused, are you two psychic or clairvoyant?" a confused Caroline asked Aria and Bonnie.

"Technically, none of those, according to Grams, me and Bonnie are witches" Aria informed, looping her arm with Caroline's, "According to Grams, I come from the Connor bloodline, which is a powerful bloodline whose magic doesn't come from any ancestors, it's not connected to anything or anyone, it's our own, which makes us one of the most powerful bloodlines to exist, ever".

"Well, since you're a witch, why don't you conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night" Caroline teased.

Bonnie looked at Aria in excitement, "Wait, you met someone?!".

"No", "Yes" Aria and Caroline said at the same time.

"Caroline" Aria warned.

"Aria" Caroline retorted.

"So is that a yes or a no?" a confused Bonnie asked.

"I made the mistake of telling Caroline about seeing a guy last night, now she thinks he is my one true love" Aria clarified.

"He could be" Caroline defended.

"Care, we literally just looked at each other and then walked away, I don't think that's one true love material" Aria said.

"It could be the start" Caroline said, "What if this was the universes way of introducing two soulmates to each other?".

"Okay, you know what, I'm going to go ask Matt about Vicki, you have done my head in with all this love talk" an annoyed Aria said, stomping away from her best friend.

After Aria walked away, Bonnie turned to Caroline, a curious look on her face, "Why are you so adamant on helping Aria find her true love?".

"Because if I don't do that then she's going to forever be in love with Jeremy, who we both doesn't deserve even one bit of her attention" Caroline stated, "I mean have you forgotten how many times both you and I have found her crying over him, she deserves better then this Bonnie, it's high time she realises it".

Bonnie sighed, "You're right, if anyone deserves unconditional love, it's that girl".

"Exactly" Caroline said.

***

 Elena and Aria were walking beside Matt, asking him about Vicki's recovery.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there is no infection, but she should be able to come home tomorrow" Matt explained to the girls.

"That's good news" Elena said.

"Yeah" Matt said.

"Did you get in touch with your mom?" Aria asked.

"Called and left a message" Matt said, "She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home".

"Vicki's lucky that she's okay" Aria said, patting Matt's shoulder in comfort.

"I know" Matt replied, "And now there's talk of some missing campers".

"Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her?" a curious Elena asked.

"She said that it was a vampire" Matt replied.

"What?" Elena asked shocked.

"Vampire?" Aria asked, "As in the blood sucking creature that you find in movies and books, those vampires?".

"Yeah I know, absurd right?" Matt said, "She wakes up last night, mutters, vampire, and passes out".

"Okay, that's weird" Elena said.

"Think she was drunk" Matt said.

"Or maybe vampires are actually real" Aria suggested.

"This is the real world Aria, not your fantasy one" Elena teased.

"Hey, a girl can dream alright" Aria defended.

Matt laughed at the two girls then after a second turned to Elena, "So, what's up with you and the new guy?".

"Oh god" Aria mumbled, knowing this was about to be one awkward conversation.

"Matt, the last thing I wanna do is hurt you" Elena replied.

"You know, I'm actually gonna go back to the hospital" Matt said, not wanting to hear anything else, "I wanna be there when Vicki wakes up, get the real story about last night".

Elena nodded, "Okay".

After Matt walked away, Aria turned to Elena, "Talk about awkward".

***

"I was talking to Grams, she said the comet is a sign of impending doom" Bonnie explained, as her, Elena, Caroline and Aria sat on a table outside the Grill, "Last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death, so much blood and carnage it created a bed of paranormal activity".

"Mm, yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens" Caroline said, clearly not believing Bonnie's story.

"Wait, aliens aren't real?" Aria asked, pretending to be shocked, making both Bonnie and Elena laugh.

"Funny" Caroline said sarcastically, she then turned to Elena, "So then what?".

"So then, nothing" Elena said, looking down at the menu.

"You and Stefan talked all night" Caroline said, looking at Elena as if she didn't believe her, "There was no sloppy first kiss, or touchy-feely of any kind?".

"Nope, we didn't go there" Elena replied.

"Not even a handshake?" a disappointed Caroline asked.

"Since I didn't hear anything from my bedroom, I'm going to on a limb and say Elena and Stefan only talked" Aria said.

"You keep quiet" Caroline told Aria, "And you Elena, we are your friends, okay, you are supposed to share the smut".

"We just talked for hours" Elena repeated.

"What is with the blockage?" Caroline asked frustrated, "Just jump his bones already, okay, its easy, boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex".

"Disgusting", "Profound" Aria and Elena said simultaneously.

After thinking for a second, Elena grabbed her coat and got up, "Where are you going?" a confused Bonnie asked.

"Caroline's right" Elena said, shocking Caroline, "It is easy, if I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying I was gonna do".

"You go, glen coco" Aria cheered.

"And you" Elena pointed to Aria, "Are coming with me".

"Why?" a confused Aria asked, "I have no interest in seeing you jump Stefan's bones".

"Your going to make sure I actually go through with this" Elena grabbed Aria's arm and pulled her along.

"Bye girls" Aria yelled back to Bonnie and Caroline, who were looking at Elena and Aria in amusement.

***

Elena and Aria arrived at Stefan's house and Aria was in awe of the exterior, "Holy shit, this place is awesome".

Elena just shook her head in amusement and proceeded to ring the bell that was beside the door, when no one answered Aria then knocked on the door, only for the door to open by itself.

Without thinking much about it, Aria opened the door and went inside, "Aria, what are you doing?!" Elena whisper yelled.

"Going inside Elena" Aria replied, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We can't just walk in like this" Elena protested.

"Already have Elena, plus its Stefan, I'm sure he won't mind" Aria walked a bit further, "Stefan!" she called out, "Are you in here?!", Aria went further in and Elena followed after her that's when the two girls eyes landed on Stefan's bag, "Isn't that Stefan's?" Aria asked.

Elena nodded, "Stefan?" Elena called out.

Aria looked around the house in amazement, she has always had an extreme love for history and ancient looking things, and currently everything around her looked ancient and Aria loved it, Aria's amazement was cut short when the door behind her and Elena creaked, Elena and Aria looked behind them to see the door open wide.

"Okay, not creepy at all" Aria said, assuring herself.

Aria and Elena stepped towards the open door, when suddenly a crow flew in, making both the girls gasp and turn around quickly, causing Aria to bump into something harsh.

Looking up at the thing she bumped into, Aria came in contact with the brightest blue eyes she has ever seen, even brighter then Matt's, eyes she remembered coming in contact with last night.

Damon tilted his head to the side and smirked at Aria.

"We are so sorry for barging in" Elena said, not realising that Aria and Damon were having a moment.

"The door was..." Elena turned around to look at the door, the now closed door, "...open", Elena ran her hand in her hair in confusion, "I swear the door was open when we came in, right Aria?".

When Aria didn't reply, Elena looked to her only to see her and Damon staring at each other, "Aria" Elena nudged Aria's arm, breaking her trance.

"Huh, what?" Aria asked confused.

"The door" Elena pointed.

Aria looked back the door and was shocked seeing it now closed, "Okay that door was wide open just a second ago, hell even a crow just flew in".

Damon smirked at Aria, "You must be Aria", he then turned to Elena, "And your Elena, right?".

"Yeah" Aria nodded, "How do you know us, exactly?".

"I'm Damon, Stefan's brother" Damon introduced, and Aria was glad to finally put a name to the mystery man.

Elena looked at Damon in confusion, "He didn't tell us he had a brother".

"Actually, he said and I quote, none that I talk to" Aria remembered.

"Well, Stefan's not one to brag" Damon said, still looking at Aria, "Please, come" Damon gestured to Aria and Elena, "I'm sure Stefan will be along any second".

As the three of them stepped into the living room, Aria looked around in amazement, "Holy crap, this is your living room?".

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction" Damon replied.

"This place is awesome" Aria said, looking around excitingly.

Damon smirked at Aria, "It's a little kitschy for my taste", finally taking his attention off of Aria, Damon turned to Elena, "I see why my brother's so smitten" he said, making Elena look at him in confusion, "It's about time, for a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one, nearly destroyed him".

"The last one?" Elena asked confused.

"Yeah, Katherine, his girlfriend" Damon said, seeing Elena's awkward face, "Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet".

"Nope" Elena said.

"Oops, well I'm sure it'll come up now, or maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound, we all know how those relationships end" Damon said.

Sensing the situation to being getting a bit awkward, Aria stepped in between Elena and Damon, "Or maybe he didn't say anything because his over his last relationship and didn't want his past to affect his future" Aria turned to Damon who was already looking at her, "Plus not every relationship is doomed to end".

Damon shrugged, "I'm a fatalist", both Aria and Damon stared at each other, trying to read each other, when Damon suddenly smirked, "Hello, Stefan".

Aria and Elena turned around to see Stefan standing behind them.

"Elena, Aria, I didn't know you both were coming over" Stefan said, worried seeing the two girls here, wondering how much did Damon spill to them.

Aria turned to Elena, not knowing what to say, she wasn't going to tell Stefan that Elena was here to jump his bones.

"I know, we should have called--".

"Oh don't be silly" Damon interrupted Elena, "You both are welcome here any time" Damon looked at Aria, "Especially you", Aria looked at Damon wide eyed, not knowing what to say, Damon smirked at Aria's shocked expression, "Aren't they Stefan?", Stefan said nothing just glared at Damon, Aria could tell there was some kind of bad blood between the two brothers, "I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies, but I have to warn you both he wasn't always such a looker".

"Thank you for stopping by Elena, Aria, it was nice to see you both" Stefan said, still glaring at Damon.

Aria and Elena looked at each other, both confused by Stefan's odd behaviour.

"Yeah, we should probably go" Elena said, realising it was best to just leave.

Aria turned to Damon, "It was nice to meet you Damon".

Damon forwarded his hand towards Aria's, Aria chuckled but nonetheless placed her hand in his, however as soon as Damon and Aria's touched, a light shock spread through their hands.

"Ow!", "Ah!" both Aria and Damon yelled, quickly separating their hands from each others.

"Aria!" Elena and Stefan yelled, rushing over to the Connor girl.

"Aria, are you okay?" a concerned Stefan asked.

"I'm fine" Aria assured, she looked towards Damon, "Are you okay, Damon?".

"I'm fine" Damon assured.

"It was weird, when we touched I felt--".

"A spark" Damon finished.

"Yeah" Aria whispered.

Damon looked at Aria for a second, slowly but surely realising what was happening here, but he was just too afraid to admit it, so instead he once again held his hand out, "May I?".

"Damon, stop" Stefan warned, "Aria you don't have to touch him again".

"It's fine Stefan" Aria said, slowly placing her hand into Damon, and this time there was no spark, much to Aria's confusion, "Weird".

"Don't overthink it" Damon said, "Maybe it was the universe letting us know of each other".

Aria chuckled, "My best friend said that same thing when I told her about you last night".

"Wait, you two met already?" a shocked Elena asked, Aria not having told her that.

"I mean, we saw each other across the town square" Aria clarified, "We didn't have a proper conversation".

"Well Aria, this official first meeting has been lovely" Damon said, bringing the back of Aria's hand to his lips and dropping a light kiss on it, making Aria's cheeks turn red, "See you again soon".

Aria smiled, "See you soon, Damon" she whispered.

After dropping Aria's hand, Damon waved at Elena, "Bye Elena".

A confused Elena waved back, "Bye Damon", Aria and Elena proceeded to go towards the door only to have Stefan block their way, "Stefan?", Stefan didn't move, just kept glaring at Damon, making Aria wonder what the deal between the two brothers was exactly, "Stefan" Elena repeated.

Stefan finally stepped aside and let Aria and Elena leave.

After Aria and Elena left, Damon let out a low whistle, "Great girls, whew, they have spunk, especially Aria, I mean literal sparks flew when we met, talk about cliches" Damon chuckled, "You, on the other hand, look pooped", Stefan didn't say anything, just walked further into the living room, "Did you overexert yourself today? Let me guess, hospital".

"Someone had to clean up your mess" Stefan said.

"Well were you successful, did the powers of persuasion work?" Damon asked, "Remember, if you don't feed properly, none of those tricks work right".

"How long were Elena and Aria here?" a worried Stefan asked.

"Were you worried Stefan?" Damon asked, "Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past?", Damon let out a small chuckle, "Isn't that why you play your game, I'm a high school human?".

"I'm not playing any game" Stefan defended.

"Of course you are" Damon said, stepping closer to Stefan, "We both know the closest you'll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and feed on it".

Stefan faced Damon and glared at him in both anger and hatred, "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?".

Damon shrugged, "Guess you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?".

"Damon I saw your interactions with Aria, I'm warning you, stay away from her" Stefan warned, worried Damon will hurt Aria to get to him.

"Careful Stefan, if I didn't know any better I'd think your more into Aria than Elena" Damon said, smirking at Stefan.

***

"He's on the rebound and has raging family issues" Elena said, helping Jenna in the kitchen while Aria was sitting down thinking about a certain blue eyed guy.

"Well, at least it's an ex-girlfriend" Jenna said, cleaning an apple, "Wait till you date a guy with mommy issues, or cheating issues, or amphetamine issues", the front door opened and the two girls, minus Aria who was still lost in her thoughts, looked towards the door to see Jeremy entering the house, "Jeremy" Jenna called out, "Jeremy, where were you?".

"More stoner stories?" Jeremy asked, "Look Jenna, I get it, you were cool once, and that's cool".

"Oh, no, no, no" Jenna said, hitting Jeremy on the back of the head with an apple.

"Ow, what, why did you do that?" Jeremy asked, looking at Jenna in shock.

"Listen up, quit ditching class, or you're grounded, no discussion" Jenna said sternly.

Jeremy smiled, "Parental authority, I like it, sleep tight" he said, going upstairs.

"What is wrong with him?" Elena asked, shocked by Jeremy's behaviour, when hearing no response from Aria, Elena turned to her best friend only to see her lost in her thoughts, "Aria!" Elena yelled, breaking Aria's trance.

"Huh, what!?" Aria asked, looking at Elena in confusion.

"Where are you lost?" Elena asked, though she had the slightest idea.

"No where" Aria said quickly, "I'm not lost anywhere, why would you think that?".

Elena smirked at Aria, "Let me guess, you were lost in Damon world?".

Before Aria could say anything, Jenna interrupted the two girls, "Damon world, whose Damon?".

"No one" Aria replied quickly, "Damon is no one, no one at all".

Before Jenna and Elena could ask her anymore questions Aria quickly ran up to her room.

Jenna turned to Elena in confusion, "What was that about?".

Elena smiled, "Our Aria has developed a crush on someone".

***

Next morning, Aria and Elena went to the town square to help Bonnie hand out the flyers for the comet event.

"Would you like a program?" Bonnie asked, handing out flyers to random people.

"He didn't call, huh?" Bonnie asked Elena.

"Or text" Elena said, handing people flyers, "Then I realised, we never even exchanged that stuff, we never got to the texting part".

"That's an important milestone in any relationship" Bonnie said.

"Isn't it?" Elena asked.

"Well have you thought about the fact that while your waiting for him to give you his number, his waiting for you to give him your number?" Aria asked, while handing out the flyers.

"Maybe" Elena sighed, "The timing was wrong anyway".

"Not it wasn't Elena" Aria said.

"When is it ever right?" Bonnie asked.

"Guys I'm not ready" Elena said.

"Who is?" Bonnie asked.

"Yes you are Elena" Aria said.

"At least I put myself out there" Elena said.

Aria scoffed, "Is that what you're calling it?".

"What do you mean?" Elena asked, looking down.

"All me and Bonnie are hearing is reasons why you can't".

"Aria's right" Bonnie stated.

Elena sighed and turned to Aria, "If I get Stefan's number will you get Damon's?".

"Damon?" Aria asked confused, "Where did Damon come in all this?".

"Wait hold up, whose Damon?" Bonnie asked, confused.

"Stefan's brother" Elena replied, "And don't lie to me Aria, I saw you and Damon together at his house, you both just had eyes for each other, I've never seen you like that before, not even with Jeremy".

Aria turned away from Elena, "Your delusional".

Elena gave Aria a small smile, "Am I?" Elena asked, "Or are you to scared to admit that your attracted to Damon?".

"Okay you know what" Aria snapped, "I'm done with this conversation, I'm going to the Grill, don't follow me".

Aria shoved the remaining of her flyers in Elena's hand and walked away from her two friends.

"Okay what was that?" Bonnie asked, "I have never seen Aria so--"

"Defensive" Elena finished, "She's scared Bonnie, Aria is scared by that fact that she is attracted to someone that isn't Jeremy, she's scared to move on, she's scared to get hurt".

***

It was night time, Elena, Bonnie and Aria were back at the town square.

"Hey, I got you a candle" Caroline said, handing Aria a candle.

"Thank you Care Bear" Aria said, taking the candle from Caroline.

"Hey" Elena said, walking up to Matt.

"Hey" Matt replied.

Matt lit Elena's candle with his, "Thank you".

"You're welcome" Matt said.

Matt stared at Elena and sensing the situation getting a bit awkward, Aria spoke, "Light my candle up to Matt".

"Of course" Matt said, lighting Aria's candle.

Elena smiled at Aria and Matt and walked away from them to light someone else's candle, "Thank you", Elena looked up hearing the familiar and realised it was Stefan's candle she lit, "Hi".

"Hi" Elena replied, shocked.

Elena turned back to see Matt and Aria staring at her and Stefan, Aria with a huge grin on her face while Matt looked visibly upset.

Elena walked a bit further away from Matt and Stefan, Aria realising what was happening, decided to intervene, "Hey Matt, come with me".

"Where?" Matt asked confused.

"I'm craving for some chilly cheese chips from the Grill and your buying it for me" Aria said.

Matt laughed, "Of course I am".

Aria turned back to see Stefan looking at her with a small smile on his face, she quickly mouthed good luck to him and ran with Matt to the Grill.

***

"Hey, has anyone seen Vicki?" Jeremy asked, coming up to the group at the Grill.

Aria looked down at her feet, her heart hurting hearing Jeremy being so concerned for Vicki, specially when these days she was so non existent to him, the truth is she might have had a small moment with Damon, but that will never change the fact that she's in love with Jeremy.

"You're her stalker, you tell us" Tyler replied.

"I can't find her" Jeremy said.

"Probably found someone else to party with" Tyler said, "Sorry pill pusher, you've been replaced".

"Pill pusher?" Aria asked, looking between Jeremy and Tyler in confusion.

"Ask him" Tyler said, gesturing towards Jeremy.

"You wanna do this right now?" Jeremy asked, glaring at Tyler.

"Are you dealing?" Elena asked Jeremy, shocked.

"She's never gonna go for you" Tyler said.

"She already did, over and over and over again" Jeremy said, suddenly the air around Aria became really thick, making it hard for her to breathe, she knew all about the Jeremy and Vicki affair as she had once accidentally walked in on them, but hearing it from Jeremy's mouth made it all so real.

Bonnie and Caroline both glanced at Aria and saw her playing with her fingers, something she always did when she wanted to burst into tears, quickly Bonnie and Caroline stood from their seats and went and stood either side of Aria, silent comforting their heartbroken friend.

"Yeah right" Tyler said.

"Okay, you slept with Vicki Donovan?" Caroline asked shocked, while holding on to Aria's hand, "I mean, Vicki Donovan slept with you?".

"There's no way" Tyler replied.

"And I didn't even have to force her into it" Jeremy said, making everyone look at Tyler in shock.

 "What the hell is he talking about Ty?" Matt asked Tyler.

"Nothing man, ignore him, he's a punk" Tyler replied.

"You know what, how about all of you shut up and help me find my sister" Matt said angrily.

Bonnie stood up with Aria and Caroline, "We'll check the bathroom".

Aria nodded and quickly ran to the bathroom, thankful for not being near Jeremy and the awkward situation anymore.

***

After finding out about Jeremy dealing pills, Elena decided she wanted to go back home, but Aria decided to stay with Caroline and Bonnie as she didn't want to go home just yet.

"Ugh, just so much drama" Caroline complained, looking towards Vicki who was sitting on a chair while Matt dressed her wound, "Ever notice how the druggies are the biggest attention whores?".

"Yeah" Bonnie said.

"That druggie over there also happens to be one of our best friend's sister, so keep it down Care" Aria said, making Caroline roll her eyes.

Stefan walked up to the three seated girls, "Excuse me, hi".

"Oh hey Stefan" Aria said, smiling.

"Have you guys seen Elena?" Stefan asked.

Aria looked at Stefan sadly, "Sorry Stefan, she went home".

Stefan nodded her head sadly, and turned to leave, "Stefan wait!" Aria yelled.

Stefan turned around and looked at Aria in confusion, "I'm gonna give you Elena's number" Aria said, grabbing a tissue, "Bonnie, give me a pen", Bonnie took out a pen from her purse and handed it over to Aria, who proceeded to write Elena's number down for Stefan, "She is in love with texting, so make sure you text her, okay?".

Stefan smiled, "Thank you Aria".

"Here" Aria handed Stefan the tissue, while at the same time handing Bonnie her pen back, and while giving Stefan the tissue Aria accidentally touched his hand, making both her and Bonnie freeze as at that time Bonnie and Aria's fingertips were touching as well.

Aria quickly removed her hand from Stefan's in shock, making Stefan look at her in worry, "You okay?".

Aria looked at Stefan, "Are you okay?", realising what she just said, Aria quickly shook her head, "I'm sorry, ignore me please, I'm tired, I'm going to go home now, bye girls, bye Stefan".

Without hearing anyone's reply, Aria grabbed her coat and quickly rushed out the door.

"Where the hell is she going, I'm her ride" Bonnie said, grabbing her stuff and running after Aria, both girls feeling extremely startled with whatever feeling that had just passed through them.

Caroline turned to Stefan, slightly embarrassed by both her friend's behaviour, "Don't mind Aria, she's just had a emotional day".

Stefan looked at the door in which Aria just left in worry, he knew exactly why Aria reacted the way she did, and it definitely wasn't because she had an emotional day.

***

After talking to Stefan, Caroline stepped out of the Grill, as she was walking towards her car, she felt someone behind her, turning around she saw no one there, she quickly quickened her pace and started rushing towards her car, in the process she ended up dropping her keys to the ground, she bent down to pick them up, once again feeling someone behind her, she quickly stood back up and turned around, but breathed a sigh of relief seeing no one, however when she turned she let out a gasp seeing Damon standing there.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" Damon said.

"No, it's fine" Caroline said, catching her breath, "Um, who are you?".

"I'm Damon" Damon introduced.

Caroline's eyes went wide in realisation, "As in Aria's Damon?".

"Aria's Damon?" an amused Damon asked.

"Oh please don't tell her I said that, she will kill me" a suddenly embarrassed Caroline said.

"Your secret is safe with me" Damon promised, "But only if you help me with something in return".

"Which is?" a confused Caroline asked.

"Aria Connor" Damon said, "I want to know about her".

Caroline smiled, "Well, you've come to the right person, I know everything about Aria".

Damon smirked, "I know".

***

Presenting 1x02 of Cold Hearted!

How was the chapter?

Thoughts on Aria's talk about her bloodline?

Thoughts on Damon and Aria's official first meet?

Thoughts on Caroline and Bonnie wanting Aria to find someone?

Thoughts on Damon and Caroline's interaction at the end? Just a disclaimer, what Damon did to Caroline in the show, did originally happen in this book, but as you can see I have changed it, now Damon has pursed Caroline but only for Aria, the others that have not been updated might mention what he originally did in the show but that will change once I slowly but surely edit through this book, till then hope you like this change.

Published: 21st August 2020
Edited: 9th January 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.9K 45
'he set fire to the world around him, but never let a flame touch her' [BOOK ONE OF LILY FORBES] [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 2-4] [THE ORIGINALS SEAS...
687K 15.2K 73
in which Stefan Salvatore falls in love with the other Gilbert, Ophelia Gilbert. ( ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’๐’๐’† - ?? ) ( ๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’‡๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’๐’—๐’‚๐’•๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’™ ๏ฟฝ...
311K 6.8K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...
267K 6.6K 39
Cyrena Bennett, led a simple life but everything changed in a blink of an eye. Vampirism isn't easy on anyone, not unless you wanted that life for yo...