Here We Are

De universebunny

"We don't need things like memories" ~~~~~ Being one of Inarizaki's Volleyball managers is tough, the countle... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1: Routines
Chapter 2: I'll work hard!
Chapter 3: Foxes
Chapter 4: You haven't changed
Chapter 5: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa
Chapter 6: Inarizaki VS Shiratorizawa Part 2
Chapter 7: Code Blue
Chapter 8: Tokyo Teams
Chapter 9: Sakusa Kiyoomi
Chapter 10: Itachiyama Volleyball Club
Chapter 11: Tomorrow
Chapter 12: Seize Your Moment
Chapter 13: Behold Today's Champions
Chapter 14: Winners and Losers
Chapter 15: Summer
Chapter 16: Second-Year Shenanigans
Chapter 17: In Due Time
Chapter 18: And So It Begins.
Chapter 19: Reprise
Chapter 20: Turn it Around
Chapter 21: Intense Force
Chapter 22: The struggles of the weak-willed
Chapter 23: The 'Talented'
Chapter 24: Rivals
Chapter 25: Simple, Pure Strength
Chapter 26: Until We Meet Again
Chapter 27: Consequences
Chapter 28: Atsumu and Y/N
Chapter 29: Through the Time
Chapter 30: Rerun
Chapter 31: Love/Expectations
Chapter 32: Where Monsters Go
Chapter 33: Care
Chapter 34: Not Alone
Chapter 35: It'll soon be Spring
Chapter 36: Solitude
Chapter 37 - Finally Here; The Starting Point
Chapter 38: Challengers
Chapter 40: Monster's Banquet
Chapter 41: Captain
Chapter 42: The Promised Place
Chapter 43: The Day of Change
Chapter 44: Those Who Have Lost
Chapter 45: Solace
Chapter 46: Our Spring Comes To An End
Chapter 47: Love
Chapter 48: Thank you, goodbye.
Chapter 49: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 50: Rebirth
Chapter 51: Room to Grow
Chapter 52: Change
Chapter 53: Synergy
Chapter 54: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 55: Awkward
Chapter 56: Pushing Forward
Chapter 57: The Bonds We Make
Chapter 58: Preparations
Chapter 59: One Step Forward

Chapter 39: This is War

6.2K 352 385
De universebunny

Spring Interhigh National Tournament
Day 2 – Second Round

Round 2: Inarizaki – Karasuno Match – First Set
Inarizaki [03 – 02] Karasuno

"What a giant waste...!!" Hinata dramatically sighs as he clenches his fists.

"He's being wayyy too dramatic about this." Atsumu and Tanaka say in unison before turning to each other. "Yeah, I know right?"

"Umm... seems like Hinata Shouyou has miscoordinated the timing for their Quick Attack. Karasuno still seems to be trying to catch their bearings on the start up... Perhaps that's what's going on here...?"

"...I'm not even on their team... but the second-hand embarrassment..." Y/N mumbles as she holds her head in her hands, causing Coach Kurosu to laugh.

"You say that like our team doesn't have our moments too."

"Please don't remind me."

"Nice serve!"

Suna boredly stares across the net as he receives the ball to serve, not caring about the Inarizaki band blasting music behind him.

'I couldn't care less whether the spectators are quiet or loud when I serve.' He internally deadpans as he instantly sends his serve over. Sawamura watches as the serve flies to the edge of the court, quickly shifting his body to the side.

'Damn that's a tough spot...!'

"That was a very risky serve he just pulled off there! That receive broke their formation, that last goes to Tanaka!"

"One touch!" Osamu and Oomimi call as they get a hand on the ball.

"...Got this." Suna calls, before glancing to the side and noticing Atsumu, moving out of his way as he watches Atsumu jump in front of him and set the ball.

Setting the ball, Atsumu takes Karasuno by surprise as Ojiro jumps up and spikes the ball down onto their court.

Inarizaki [04 – 02] Karasuno

"The first touch turns straight into a set! Miya Atsumu!!" The commentators cheer as the crowd goes wild. "The set up is turned into an intense score by Ojiro Aran! Karasuno High School is in stunned silence!"

"Nice kill!" Atsumu cheers as Ojiro turns around.

"That caught me by surprise! Oi!"

"Ehehe~" Atsumu laughs as Ojiro groans and moves back into position.

"As usual, Inarizaki doesn't restrict themselves to playing by the expected norms."

Moving to the back line for his second serve, Suna watches the referee closely for the signal.

FWEET!

Instantly sending his serve over, Suna serves on the whistle, catching Karasuno off guard as Sawamura stumbles to receive the ball.

"Kuh...!"

"This time he's aiming for the front! He's keeping Karasuno completely off balance!"

"Sorry! That's a bit long!" Sawamura calls as Kageyama jumps up and reaches for the ball, Oomimi and Osamu quickly following as they jump up to block him.

Spinning around, Kageyama hits the ball on Oomimi's outstretched hand as it rebounds back to Karasuno's side, taking Osamu by surprise.

'A spin around rebound! He's good!' Osamu thinks to himself as Nishinoya receives the ball.

"Ah!!" Hinata yells in Oomimi's face, who gets flinches in shock from his sudden yell.

"Eh?!"

The Inarizaki team watches in awe as Hinata swiftly shifts to the side and sprints to the other side of the court, jumping up as Kageyama sets to him.

"Uwah..." Atsumu and Osamu mutter as they watch him.

Hinata instantly hits the ball down onto Inarizaki's court as Suna reaches for it but doesn't manage to get a hand on it, stunning everyone to silence from his speed and agility.

Inarizaki [04 – 03] Karasuno

"He's even faster up close..." Y/N mutters to herself as everyone stares in awe, taken aback.

"Hinata Shouyou with a dash and score!! Now that is what I call fast!! We just bore witness to the Karasuno first year combo's Explosive Broad Attack Special Skill!"

"So that's the Karasuno first year duo, huh?" Coach Kurosu mutters as he sighs. "They're gonna be an issue..."

"Oh well." Y/N shrugs as she smirks lightly, looking at the duo in interest. "It's not like we're not used to dealin' with troublesome duos."

Looking back at Inarizaki's side, Hinata makes eye contact with Oomimi before he turns away. 'That guy with a scary face almost caught onto my feint...'

Once he finally regains his senses, Atsumu slumps slightly as he starts to fanboy.

"That's so cool...!" Atsumu mutters to himself as he looks over the court in awe. "Seein' it up close makes it even cooler...!"

"Why is it that when yer in the middle of a game, your mental age drops by five years?" Osamu deadpans.

"Shut it!"

Spinning the ball in his hand, Kageyama prepares for his serve as the Inarizaki band starts to beat the drums, as Karasuno gets taken surprise.

Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun.

Starting with the bass drum and followed by various other percussion instruments, the Inarizaki band creates a beat that slowly speeds up. And as Kageyama tosses the ball into the air for his serve, he notices something off as he hits it over to Inarizaki's side.

'The serve toss was a little off...' He thinks to himself as his serve hits the net.

"Ogh-!" Akagi dives for the ball as he gets it up.

"That's in! The receive was a little sloppy!"

Carefully watching the ball, Atsumu expertly swivels around and takes a polished step across the court.

'That is a flawless 'first step'.' Kageyama thinks to himself as he watches Atsumu jump up to set the ball, sending the ball to Oomimi as Karasuno gets taken by surprise.

'They're actually going to do a Quick from all the way over there?!'

Spiking the ball, Oomimi hits it down onto Karasuno's court.

Inarizaki [05 – 03] Karasuno

"If the opponent's middle blocker scores a point on you, you pay it back with your own middle blocker. Truly splendid, and what competitive spirit."

"Nice serve!" The cheer squad calls as Osamu prepares for his serve, walking to the end line and waiting.

FWEET!

Osamu waits in silence as he stares across the court, getting everyone to wait in anticipation as they wait for him. Watching him carefully, Karasuno prepares themselves for Osamu's serve.

Just as the eight seconds nears its end, Osamu tosses the ball into the air and sends a powerful jump serve over the net.

"Nishinoya!"

"Hmpf!" Nishinoya groans as he gets the ball up. 'Tch, I was half a step too slow.'

'Hnn... right at the libero...' Osamu thinks to himself as he watches Tanaka spike the ball down, not even bothering to try and get it up.

Inarizaki [05 – 04] Karasuno

"'Samu! Ya lazy bum! Go after the ball!" Atsumu complains as Osamu rolls his eyes.

"I couldn't get that one even if I tried." He deadpans. "I'll exhaust all my stamina if I just chance after every ball. I guess an immature child wouldn't understand preservation of strength."

"Huh?! What was that?!"

"Exactly."

"Oi, stop fightin'!" Ojiro groans as the twins ignore him.

"Karasuno's Coach Takeda Ittetsu mentioned earlier that, 'We won't lose out in terms of offensive capabilities.' If Karasuno wants to ride out the waves of their momentum, it would be ideal for them to score a break right about now."

"Scoring a point on the serve would be nice too."

Tanaka takes a deep breath as he prepares himself for his serve, trying to concentrate as he remains calm. Just as the referee signals for his serve, the Inarizaki band starts to beat their drums again, gradually increasing speed as the audience begins to clap along.

Tossing the ball in the air, Tanaka jumps up as he hits a powerful spike serve, but it gets caught in the net.

Inarizaki [06 – 04] Karasuno

"Arghhhh-!!"

"Oh my, looks like that one just caught the tape."

"Karasuno's gettin' caught up with the band." Coach Oomi observes as he glances to the audience. "That's good, the rhythm of the game is on our side."

"Hmm... I don't know. I mean, from all the tapes we've watched, these things don't bother Karasuno for long." Y/N shrugs as she watches the Karasuno members carefully. "Besides, they're a slow starter."

"Nice serve!"

FWEET!

Bouncing the ball on the floor, Ojiro calmly exhales as he prepares for his serve. Tossing the ball up into the air, Ojiro jumps up.

BAM!

The ball rockets over the net and smashes onto Karasuno's court before they can even react.

Inarizaki [07 – 04] Karasuno

"Yeah!!" Ojiro cheers as the rest of the audience starts to chant for him, excitedly clapping along.

"Now that was an intense service ace!! Inarizaki High School has already scored their second service ace! The margin begins to widen!"

"No-touch service ace..." Y/N mutters to herself as she smiles. "They're really in top form today."

Karasuno High School
First Timeout

The Inarizaki team returns to the bench as Y/N hands their bottles to them before they turn their attention to the coaches.

"Atsumu! Your first serve was kind off eh~?" Coach Kurosu asks as Atsumu flinches. "Gettin' distracted by the cheering and whatnot I see~"

Gritting his teeth, Atsumu glares at Osamu and Ojrio as the smirk at him, always enjoying whenever Atsumu gets told off.

Suddenly, the sound of taiko drums echoes through the gym as Y/N turns around to look at Karasuno's cheering section. Eyes widening in surprise at what she sees.

"Damn, a taiko?" Osamu asks as he looks over as well.

"Looks like it." Suna responds as he shrugs, not really caring.

"That's so cool..." Atsumu mutters out in awe as he watches them. "But I like our band better! We're totally cooler!"

"I personally enjoy the use of traditional instruments." Kita says as they all turn to him. "I'm sure that granny will enjoy them too."

"Nice serve!"

Ojiro walks to the end line and prepares for his second serve, tossing the ball into the air as he jumps up.

BAM!

"Nngh-!" Tanaka winces as he manages to get it up, Kageyama instantly runs over and sets the ball to Hinata, who hits it over the net before Inarizaki can properly prepare.

Inarizaki [07 – 05] Karasuno

"Let's go, let's go, Shouyou! Push 'em, push 'em, Shouyou! Give us one more!"

"Damn... they're so cool." Y/N says as she watches the taiko team. "I really like their uniform too..."

"Focus, Y/N." Coach Kurosu deadpans as Y/N shrugs.

The high-pitched sound of the shinobue flute pierces through the air as the taiko team supports Karasuno from behind while Hinata prepares for his serve. He smiles faintly to himself as he tosses the ball into the air and sends his serve over.

"Aran!" "Got it!"

Positioning himself, Atsumu jumps up to set the ball as both Oomimi and Ginjima run out for a double quick.

"Gin!"

Karasuno's blockers instantly line up to block the cross shot as Ginjima hits a straight. Surprisingly, Hinata shifts to the side as he positions himself to receive Ginjima's spike.

But the ball slips through his arms before he can position them, and bounces off his foot.

"WHAT THE HECK?!!?" Coach Kurosu, Atsumu and Ojiro yell as Y/N dies of laughter in the background.

Recovering from his embarrassment, Hinata instantly starts running up for a back row, minus tempo attack as Kageyama sets the ball, Oomimi instantly jumping up to block him.

"Daichi-san!"

"Ah?!" Hinata yells out as Sawamura jumps up to spike the ball, taking Ginjima and Oomimi by surprise as they go over to block him, Oomimi jumping up for a second time.

Inarizaki [07 – 06] Karasuno

"Sawamura from the right! Honestly, I thought it would be Hinata Shouyou again this time! Inarizaki also seems to be too overly aware of Hinata-kun~ But I can totally understand why."

"Karasuno's good vibes have returned!"

"That Hinata kid really has a strong presence." Y/N observes as Coach Kurosu sighs and nods.

"Yeah~ He's gonna be bad news."

"...It's okay." Y/N says after a moment as she watches over the game. "We'll handle it."

Inarizaki [09 – 07] Karasuno

"Critical hit!!!"

Rotating for his serve, Atsumu collects the ball as he prepares himself, taking four steps from the end line as he stares at Karasuno's side, stance unwavering as they shift forwards a little.

"Bring it!!"

'Even if you know about the number of steps...' Osamu thinks to himself, covering the back of his head as Atsumu tosses the ball into the air. 'That's just the tip of the iceberg.'

BAM!

Before he knows it, the ball flashes in front of his face as Nishinoya fails to get it up. It slips through his fingers as it falls to the ground.

Inarizaki [10 – 07] Karasuno

"Eeep-!!"

"ANOTHER SERVICE ACE!! THAT'S SOME SKILLFUL COMMAND OF TWO DISTINCT TYPES OF INTENSE SERVES... MIYA ATSUMU!!"

"Oh my, what a nice serve! The strength of a serve directly ties in to the overall strength of the team, you know? If they don't put a halt to this, then Karasuno High School will be in for some hard times moving forward."

"Nice serve, Atsumu!" Ginjima cheers as Atsumu smirks.

"Of course~" Atsumu responds before he turns his gaze over the net, dropping his smirk as he watches the Karasuno team carefully. "Hmm..."

"Heeey 'Samu."

"What's up, 'Tsumu?"

"Don't mess up the timing of the attack, 'kay?" Atsumu asks before turning away to prepare for his second serve. Watching his back, Osamu groans in disgust as he silently accepts his responsibilities.

Taking four steps from the end line, Atsumu tosses the ball into the air as he runs up and jumps for his serve.

"Hnnng-!" Nishinoya groans as he barely manages to get an overhand on it. "Nnngh..."

"Asahi-san!" "Kuh!"

"Got it!" Akagi calls as he bumps the ball up.

Watching the ball, Osamu reluctantly runs up for an attack as Atsumu positions to set the ball, taking Kageyama and Y/N by surprise.

'Wait, are they seriously-'

Positioning themselves, the twins prepare for their attack.

'At this place... At this angle... At this time...' Atsumu thinks to himself as he swivels his body and sets the ball to Osamu, who's already in the air. 'Dead on.'

BAM!

The ball bounces off of Karasuno's court before they can even begin to comprehend what just happened.

Inarizaki [11 – 07] Karasuno

Atsumu gasps excitedly in delight at their successful attack Osamu sighs tiredly.

'He seriously just directed that toss towards me.' Osamu mentally deadpans as he stares at his brother in mild disgust.

Facepalming, Y/N sighs to herself as she tries to process what she just saw. It's not unusual for the twins to pull off random, unpractised attacks every now and then, but this is pushing it a little. Lifting her head to watch them, Y/N sighs again. There's no way she's going to tell them that she's impressed.

"Now that's fast! Miya Osamu from the right!!"

"That was the quickest we've seen today!"

"Uwah, you seriously went ahead and did it..." Suna mutters as Atsumu laughs.

"There's no way I could ever be as precise as Tobio-kun, but y'know..." Atsumu trails off as he smiles excitedly. "You get the urge to imitate those flashy moves, right? Hehehe~"

"That was a flawless set up, and Osamu-kun hit it perfectly too!"

"I suppose we could say that that's the perfect non-verbal communication between the twins!"

"That's the sense of implicit faith that twins would have...!" Ojiro trails off excitedly. "Brotherly relationships are so nice...!"

Suddenly having flashbacks of every big fight the twins have ever had, Y/N shakes her head to try and dispel of those memories. Ojiro said that brotherly relationships are nice, so we will pretend they are nice.

Thinking to himself, Osamu moves back into position for Atsumu's third serve. 'Trust... it's not like I have faith in 'Tsumu or anythin' like that.'

'I mean, he never listens to me. He never gives back what he borrows. He's a habitual liar. But it's not like I really need faith in him...' Osamu thinks to himself has he looks over the court.

'...Cuz I know the ball's gonna be there.'

Tossing the ball into the air, Atsumu sends his third serve over.

"Daichi-san!" Nishinoya calls as he bumps up the ball. "Asahi-san!"

BAM!

Asahi spikes the ball as it flings off of Ginjima's arm and out of bounds.

Inarizaki [11 – 08] Karasuno

"Atsumu's serves have somehow been put to an end!"

"For now." Y/N says simply, as she watches Asahi prepare for his serve. "Honestly, Karasuno's been doin' a good job at keepin' up with us, so I'll give 'em that."

"We're still maintainin' a point lead though, so they're gonna needa close the gap if they wanna take the set." Coach Kurosu says as Y/N nods.

"That's true~"

"We have another lightning fast one, Miya Osamu!! This is a level that holds its own to the Karasuno first year combination!"

"That was scored from a pretty difficult angle, Atsumu-kun provided a clean set up there."

Turning around, Osamu sighs at his brother. "You're revoltin'..."

"Aww shucks! I'm not worthy of such praise!" Atsumu laughs as he scratches the back of his head.

The match continues as both teams continue to score points off of each other, although the point gap maintains as Hinata enters the court.

Inarizaki [12 – 10] Karasuno

"That shrimpy kid's watchin' ya carefully, 'Samu." Atsumu says as the rest of the team listens in. "Let's bait him into thinkin' we're gonna do another quick."

Osamu nods as they continue listening.

"Also... I noticed somethin' from their match yesterday, and their one with Shiratorizawa." Atsumu continues. "The more botched the receives are, the more likely Tobio-kun aims for a Quick Attack. So Suna, try break their formation when I set to ya."

"Okay." Suna says simply as they all move into their positions for Tsukishima's serve.

"Alright!" Akagi calls as the twins start running, Hinata instantly taking notice of Osamu as he runs up to block him, only for Atsumu to set to Suna.

"Ah-!!"

Suna spikes the ball down as Sawamura barely manages to get it up.

"There we go~" Suna chimes as Sawamura grits his teeth.

"My bad! Cover!"

"Miya Osamu has baited the blockers, leaving Suna to take the centre!"

Atsumu watches Kageyama carefully as he runs up to set the ball from the awkward position. 'At this very moment... He's going to use Shouyou-kun.'

Hinata spikes the ball as Osamu, Suna and Ojiro jump up to block him, managing to block him completely as the ball falls onto the court.

Inarizaki [13 – 10] Karasuno

"Ahh!!! It's a complete shut down!! Inarizaki have shot down the 'originals'!!"

Kageyama and Hinata glare over the net as Atsumu notices them and smiles widely, challenging them to try again.

Turning away, they all prepare for the next point.

Inarizaki [14 – 11] Karasuno

"Miya Osamu from the right! The Miya brothers are unstoppable!!"

"Inarizaki has rightfully earned the reputation for always trying out novel things during official matches, good or bad."

"They truly are 'The Strongest Challengers'!"

"Inarizaki are continuously sharpening their fangs, in order to bring down the Kings of the East!"

"The commentators seem to be havin' the time of their lives right now." Y/N says as Coach Kurosu laughs.

"Brings interest to the game~"

Sensing someone staring at him, Atsumu turns around as is taken aback by Hinata's intense glare. "Wha... Whaddya want?"

Ojiro spikes the ball down as Nishinoya barely manages to get it up.

"Hnng-!"

Instantly running over to recover from the receive, Kageyama quickly sets to Hinata, who's already waiting in the air to spike the ball.

'That's so typically untypical, Tobio-kun!' Atsumu thinks to himself as he grins, jumping up with Oomimi to block Hinata as he spikes the ball.

"Out!" Ginjima calls as Atsumu looks back in surprise.

The referee signals that it's Karasuno's point due to ball contact.

Inarizaki [14 – 12] Karasuno

"A ball that landed out has actually been touched by the blockers! That's a point to Karasuno!"

"Oohhh...!" Atsumu looks over to Hinata in awe as he holds his hand up, surprised that he'd managed to aim it perfectly for him to touch the ball. Looking at his hand, Atsumu squeezes it tightly as he grins. He won't lose.

Inarizaki [17 – 14] Karasuno

Tossing the ball into the air, Atsumu hits a powerful serve, but it hits the net.

"Oop!"

'Net in!' Sawamura dives for the ball as he barely manages to get it up, Kageyama nudging it over the net.

"Gin!" "Got it!"

Osamu and Suna both run up to attack as Atsumu positions himself to set the ball. Tsukishima watches everyone carefully as he glances around the court, taking not of everything he sees. As soon as the ball leaves Atsumu's fingertips, Tsukishima instantly runs over to block Osamu's Quick Attack, taking everyone by surprise.

Inarizaki [17 – 15] Karasuno

"Karasuno's the one who's stuffed it this time! The first year who blocked the Miya brothers, Tsukishima Kei!!"

"Ohh... so his name does start with K..." Y/N mutters to herself as Coach Kurosu glances over to her.

"What?"

"Nothing nothing~" Y/N waves him off as she turns her attention back to the court, watching as Karasuno cheers and congratulates a very tired and reluctant Tsukishima. Looking over to Kageyama and Hinata, Tsukishima stares at them as he straightens up a little.

"I wanted to try blocking that."

"Wha..." Atsumu trails off as Osamu also looks at him in interest. Kageyama glares at Tsukishima as Hinata shivers in fear. They'll all have to watch out for Tsukishima's blocks.

Inarizaki [18 – 16] Karasuno

Ginjima smashes a powerful serve over to Karasuno's side as Sawamura shifts to the side to get it up.

'Damn, every last on of them is firing strong serves at us...!'

Moving into position, Tsukishima watches the ball as he runs up to spike.

Kageyama tosses a high ball. 'Get up here!'

'Why that little...!' Tsukishima reaches for the ball as he spikes it down, taking Suna by surprise at the height of the spike.

'Okay, this is way higher than anything he hit in the Shiratorizawa game.' He thinks to himself as the ball bounces off the court.

Inarizaki [18 – 17] Karasuno

"He scores!! Tsukishima Kei shines in both attack and defence!!"

"That was pretty high! The blocker reacted on point, but it went over his head!"

Observing Kageyama carefully, Atsumu thinks to himself. 'It hasn't been that long since the Youth Camp... What happened to ya, Tobio-kun?'

"He hasn't played like this before, not in the tapes we watched at least." Osamu as Tsukishima's rotated to the back and Hinata enters the court. "Did he play like that at Youth Camp?"

"Nope~ He was totally a goody-two-shoes." Atsumu chimes as Osamu nods, turning their backs to Karasuno. "Their block has collapsed! Let's take our points back in one go!"

"WHAT?!" Hinata yells as Atsumu ignores him.

"Seems like Karasuno's sending out their pinch server, Kinoshita Hisashi, let's see if he hits some good serves!"

FWEET!

Kinoshita tosses the ball into the air as he sends a float serve over to Akagi.

"Hnng-!"

"Setter Miya Atsumu makes his move!"

'We got this...!' Atsumu thinks to himself as he grins, tossing the ball to Osamu.

But Hinata blocks him, taking them by surprise.

Hinata gasps in shock and delight as the ball falls onto the court. 'I stuffed it!!'

Inarizaki [18 – 18] Karasuno

"SCORE!! 164cm has blocked out 183cm!! Karasuno High School have drawn even for the first time!"

'That just renewed my awe of his jumping power... He just appeared in my line of sight seemingly out of thin air.' Osamu thinks to himself as he turns to Atsumu. "A commit block... that caught me off guard."

"Yeah, I know right~" Atsumu chimes.

"We'll get the next point." Ojiro says as he gets their attention. "One block doesn't really do much."

"Yeah, we know~"

"One touch!" Oomimi calls as he gets a hand on Hinata's spike.

"Chance ball!"

Running up, Osamu spikes the ball in front of Hinata as Sawamura barely gets it up.

"Guh-!"

"Libero Nishinoya keeps the ball in the air! The ball flies directly above the net!"

Osamu and Hinata both jump up for the joust as Atsumu watches them.

'Damn... He really does get off the ground.' He thinks to himself as he smiles. 'That said, there's nothing more to it really.'

Osamu easily pushes the ball down onto Karasuno's side as Hinata flinches in surprise, falling to the floor as the ball bounces on the court. He glares at Osamu as he looks up at him, while Osamu boredly stares down on him.

Inarizaki [20 – 18] Karasuno

"Inarizaki pushes through the joust at the net!! Height difference matters every now and then!"

"The point difference widens once again for Karasuno High School. Inarizaki High School break!"

Taking the opportunity, Osamu looks down on Hinata. "Oh, what's this?" Osamu taunts as Hinata glares at him from below. "It's much less resistance than I thought there'd be..."

"Why you..." Hinata grits his teeth as Osamu shrugs and walks away.

Karasuno High School
Second Timeout

"D'ya think Number 10 jumping out like that was another one of their plays? Or was it just a coincidence?" Akagi asks as he accepts the drink bottle Y/N hands to him. "Thanks."

"It was only once, but he did somethin' similar at the end of the Shiratorizawa match too." Atsumu responds.

"But you can't really call it a 'play' if they've only used it twice." Akagi says as Coach Kurosu interrupts them.

"Heeey! Don't make me repeat myself. If you let their Number 10 steal all your attention, you're just playin' right into Karasuno's hands. If you show a big reaction every time you screw up, you'll just be lettin' 'em taste victory, and they'll keep comin' back for more!" Coach Kurosu says as he crosses his arms. "Same goes for dogs, y'know? It's hardest on 'em if you just ignore them."

'He's making dog analogies again... He's been doin' that a lot lately...' They all internally sweat drop.

"There's times when you play it by ear, and times when you go in unwaveringly. And there's an important distinction between the two." Coach Kurosu says as they all listen carefully. "The second half is when your read blocks'll start bein' the most effective anyways."

"Yeeep."

"Anyway, d'ya have anything you wanna say, Y/N?" Coach Kurosu asks as he turns to her.

"Actually, I do." Y/N confirms as they perk up in interest.

"Ohh? What is it?" Atsumu asks curiously.

"Aim your serves at their Number 5." Y/N instructs. "The rest of their team's in good shape, but... their Number 5 hasn't had many good moments yet, today at least anyway. If we wanna drag 'em down, we'll have to start with their weakest link."

"Sounds brutal, I'm in." Suna chimes as the rest of them nod.

"You don't hafta do anything straight away... But when you get the chance..." Y/N trails off as she smirks slightly. "Target him. And make sure he knows you're targetin' him."

Inarizaki [22 – 22] Karasuno

"It seems like Karasuno is sending in their Pinch Server Yamaguchi Tadashi!"

The Inarizaki team watches Yamaguchi closely as he nervously walks onto the court, glancing at them slightly before quickly turning away. He does his best to focus on his serve.

Once he regains his senses and concentrates, Yamaguchi tosses the ball into the air as he sends a jump floater over, aiming for Ojiro as it bounces off his outstretched arms and out of bounds.

Inarizaki [22 – 23] Karasuno

"HERE IT IS! A SERVICE ACE!!! AND IT'S BY PINCH SERVER YAMAGUCHI TADASHI! HE PROVES HIS WORTH AS A RELEIVER!"

"Karasuno High School are the ones to break the balance! They've turned the tables!"

"Uwah! He got us!" Atsumu gasps in shock as Ginjima flinches.

"Shut up, Atsumu!" Ginjima whisper yells as Ojiro covers his face in shame.

"Sorry...!"

"Now look what you've done!" Ginjima groans as Atsumu nervously chuckles.

"Will Karasuno High School be able to keep their lead?!"

Yamaguchi tosses the ball into the air as he sends his second serve over, Ojiro manages to get it up this time.

"Nice receive!" Atsumu cheers as he sends a quick set to Oomimi who spikes it down as it bounces off of Yamaguchi's arms, flying out of bounds as Tanaka runs after it. But he doesn't make it in time.

Inarizaki [23 – 23] Karasuno

"Damn you..." Tanaka groans as Inarizaki sends out their own Pinch Server, Kosaku Yuuto.

"Nice serve!"

Tossing the ball into the air, Kosaku sends a powerful spike serve over to Sawamura as he tries to bump it up, but it flings across the net.

"That was an intense one! It knocked the receiver back!"

Kageyama keeps his eyes trained on the ball as he runs under the net to chase the ball, setting the ball from beside Inarizaki's court.

"The setter Kageyama connects!! He connected with it!!!"

"That's insane!" Y/N gasps in awe as Kageyama quickly runs back to Karasuno's court.

"Ah, it's sent to a difficult spot!"

"Oh..." Nishinoya trails off as he glances to the side, watching as Asahi jumps up and spikes the ball.

Inarizaki [23 – 24] Karasuno

"There goes the last blow!! It's a block out!! Karasuno's Azumane confidently smashed down that difficult ball!"

"I ended up shooting at their Number 1, even though I was told to aim for Number 5..." Kosaku groans as he leaves the court.

"Don't mind! That was close!"

"It's alright, that was a powerful serve." Y/N says as she looks at him. "Besides, we'll have plenty of opportunities from here."

"Karasuno High School are the first ones to reach set point!! In order to win the set, they'll need to break one more time! Will they snatch the set away using their current momentum? Or will 'One More Point' become a great hurdle for them to overcome?"

"If Inarizaki High School manages to take this point, their next serve will be hit by their big server Miya Atsumu-kun afterall. So of course, Karasuno will want to decide the set with this point."

Azumane spikes the ball down as Akagi manages to get it up. Atsumu sets the ball to Ginjima as he spikes it down, but Sawamura dives for the ball to keep it in play.

'There's still a chance...!' They think to themselves as Kageyama jumps up and sets the ball to Tanaka. 'And that chance is here!!'

Suna keeps his eyes trained on Tanaka as he, Atsumu and Ginjima jump up to block him, successfully shutting him down.

Inarizaki [24 – 24] Karasuno

"A shut down! Inarizaki High School's blockers won't let them take the point so easily!!"

"Wow. The one who blocked it was the middle blocker Suna Rintarou?"

"That's right. And the two to his sides gathered in tight as well! What a splendid block!"

"Nice...!" Y/N quickly cheers as she clenches her fist, watching as Tanaka slaps his face in attempts to calm himself down. Smiling lightly, Y/N turns her eyes to Atsumu. It's his serve now.

Taking six steps from the end line, Atsumu turns around and stares directly at Tanaka, letting him know that he's being targeted.

'He's coming... for me.' He thinks to himself as he smiles. 'Being aimed at, is the usual for me.'

"BRING IT ON!!" Tanaka yells as Atsumu tosses the ball into the air, sending a powerful spike serve over.

'That one felt good...!' Atsumu thinks to himself as he grins.

Tanaka positions himself to receive the ball, but Nishinoya shifts in front of him and bumps it up. "YEAHH!!!"

"WHAAAT?!!" Atsumu groans as the Kageyama jumps up to set the ball.

Suna and Ginjima watch Kageyama carefully as they wait for him to toss the ball, completely aware of all the attackers running up to spike the ball. Sawamura jumps up for a back attack behind Tsukishima, taking them by surprise as they quickly line up to block him, but they weren't fast enough.

Inarizaki [24 – 25] Karasuno

"Sawamura comes in from behind!! He scores! That was a nice course!"

"Karasuno High School cuts off Miya Atsumu on his first serve! And they're once again at set point!!"

"They got us..." Atsumu states matter-of-factly as he glances over the net, sighing to himself as he rotates. "Oh well~"

"Daichi-san! Nice kill!" Tanaka cheers as Suna watches him carefully before turning away in preparation for Azumane's serve.

Hitting his serve over the net, Akagi successfully receives the ball as Atsumu jumps up to set it to Osamu. But they don't line up.

"Oh crap!!" Atsumu winces.

"YOU MORON!" Coach Kurosu yells from the bench as Y/N snorts, covering her mouth to try stop her laughter.

"Oh no, this isn't going to work out!"

"Kuh-!" Osamu winces as he manages to use his left hand to hit it over the net.

"But, Miya Osamu does a nice save!"

Suna keeps his eyes trained on the ball as he watches carefully, swiftly running across the court to block Tanaka with Osamu.

'He's fast...!' Tsukishima thinks to himself as Suna successfully blocks Tanaka, taking him by surprise.

'All the spots we could slip through up till now... The time it takes for them to fully put up a block is getting shorter...!' Tanaka thinks to himself as Suna stares at him with bored eyes.

"Hng-!" Nishinoya groans as he dives for the ball, managing to keep it in play.

"The Inarizaki blockers are getting sharper!"

Atsumu tosses the ball into the air and sets to Suna as Tsukishima and Tanaka quickly line up to block him. Twisting his torso, Suna spikes to the side of Tsukishima's block as Sawamura manages to save it.

'We blocked off the course though...' Tsukishima thinks to himself in surprise as he looks over his shoulder.

'Oops, I used too much strength.' Suna internally deadpans.

"Tanaka!"

Suna, Osamu and Ginjima instantly line up to block Tanaka as he jumps up to spike the ball as he tries to avoid them.

Out.

Inarizaki [25 – 25] Karasuno

"That spike was regrettably on the wrong side of the line, so it's a point to Inarizaki. The pressure exerted by the blockers is immense, you can't help but feel it!"

"Lucky!" Atsumu cheers as Osamu glares at him.

"You're right about that." Osamu deadpans. "You owe me a pudding. And not one of those cheap three-pack ones."

"I said I was sorry!"

Glancing at Suna, Tsukishima thinks to himself as he observes him. 'Earlier... I was sure that I could stop it, or at least get a hand on it...'

Suna boredly moves into position for Ginjima's serve.

"Bring it on!!" Tanaka yells.

'Aww come on, you're supposed to start clamming up and looking away from your teammates in shame...' Suna thinks to himself as Ginjima sends over his serve.

"It's a net-in serve! Kageyama just barely manages to save it!"

"I got it!" Tsukishima calls as he positions himself under the ball, ignoring Tanaka as he calls for him. "Azumane-san!"

"Karasuno decides to go with a back attack with Azumane!"

Inarizaki [25 – 26] Karasuno

"And with that, Karasuno manages to slip away from Inarizaki's grasp!"

"We'll get the next one!" Akagi calls as Tsukishima rotates for his serve. Sending the ball over the net as Ojiro gets it up.

Running up to spike, Osamu jumps up as Atsumu sets the ball to him, being forced to hit a straight as Karasuno's blockers block the cross. Sawamura manages to get it up.

Running over to set the ball, Kageyama glances at Tanaka as he calls for the ball.

"LEFT!!!"

Grinning to himself, Kageyama sets the ball to Tanaka as he jumps up to spike. Suna follows quickly as both he and Osamu jump up to block him. 'Their block is so fast...!'

Gritting his teeth, Tanaka hits an amazingly sharp cross shot as Suna watches the ball slam onto their court in shock.

Inarizaki [25 – 27] Karasuno

"AWWW YEAHHH!!!!" Tanaka cheers as his teammates run up to celebrate.

"KARASUNO HIGH SCHOOL TAKES THE FIRST SET!! AGAINST THE 'STRONGEST CHALLENGERS' INARIZAKI!! THE 'UNKNOWN VETERAN' SNATCHES THE FIRST SET!!"

"THIS IS AN MAJOR UPSET RIGHT FROM THE START!!"

"Relax, they're makin' it sound like we just lost the whole match." Y/N deadpans.

The Inarizaki team leaves the court as the Y/N and the coaches gather their things to change courts. Y/N glances up at Suna as she smirks.

"Couldn't get him, huh?"

"You sound glad." Suna deadpans as she rolls her eyes.

"Very funny, a lost set is a lost set." She shrugs as they move to the other side of the court. "But it's okay, you'll get the next one."

"You sound confident." Suna says as she smiles.

"Of course~" She chuckles, glancing at him again. "I'm always confident in my teammates."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Round 2: Inarizaki – Karasuno Match – Second Set

Atsumu sets the ball to Ojiro as he jumps up to spike, smashing it down onto Karasuno's court.

BAM!

Inarizaki [14 – 07] Karasuno

"Ojiro Aran from the back! That was a powerful back attack!!"

"The first set may have been swept away by Karasuno, the Unknown Powerhouse of Old, but they're having trouble closing the widening gap in points!"

Clenching his fist, Atsumu tosses the ball into the air for his serves as he aims his serve at Nishinoya, who fails to get it up.

Inarizaki [15 – 07] Karasuno

"Yeah!!" Atsumu cheers in excitement as the crowd starts cheering for him. He excitedly turns his gaze to Nishinoya as he watches him carefully. He'll keep targeting him.

Karasuno High School

First Timeout

Turning to his teammates, Atsumu smiles.

"Doesn't it feel good to score a service ace off powerful opponents?"

"..." Ojiro and Oomimi choose not to respond as they stare at him.

"Oops, there it is." Suna mutters as Atsumu glances at him.

"There what is?"

"There's that thing Atsumu does where he puts such little brainpower into what he says that it shocks people."

"HUH?! THE HECK!! RUDE!!"

"Y'know, they say the truth hurts." Y/N chimes as they glance at her. "So if yer gettin' hurt by Rintarou's words... then perhaps..."

"Oi! Shut it!"

"They always try to silence and oppress those that know the truth..."

"The hell are you talkin' about?" Atsumu mutters as the timeout ends, smiling as he re-enters the court and makes eye contact with Nishinoya.

Taking four steps from the end line, Atsumu sends another jump floater over to Nishinoya as he shifts to the side to get it up, but it drops onto the court.

Inarizaki [16 – 07] Karasuno

"Miya Atsumu scores two consecutive service aces against the opponent's libero! Miya Atsumu has finally shown us his true abilities!"

Atsumu smiles to himself as he pumps his first into the air, silently celebrating as the crowds cheer behind him.

Suddenly, Nishinoya drops to the ground as he starts doing finger push ups, taking everyone by surprise. Jumping up, Nishinoya keeps his stance as he stares directly at Atsumu, prepared for his next serve.

"Dude, you are the best." Atsumu says as he sends his third serve over. Diving forwards, Nishinoya manages to get it up.

"Asahi-san!" Tanaka calls as Azumane hits the ball and aims at Atsumu.

"Oh!"

"Miya Atsumu has the first touch! Meanwhile, Miya Osamu has immediately positioned himself underneath the ball!"

Jumping up, Osamu sends a quick set to Suna as he jumps up to spike the ball.

'I've considered this possibility.' Tsukishima thinks to himself as he jumps up to block Suna. 'I'll block you.'

"Wha?!" Atsumu blinks in surprise as he and Osamu get taken aback.

Twisting his torso, Suna easily spikes the ball to the side of Tsukishima's block as it falls onto Karasuno's court.

Inarizaki [17 – 07] Karasuno

"Nice kill! Rintarou! Nice kill! Rintarou! Jump, jump, Rintarou! Give us another!"

"Habuka-san, the one who did the toss just now was not the setter, but Miya Osamu, right?"

"It's not unusual to see a setup done by a player other than the team setter, but to see a first tempo quick attack unleashed right in the middle of a rally like it was nothing... Well, I guess I don't know what to say except that this is what you'd expect from these guys."

"Just when you think you've dealt with Miya Atsumu, there's Miya Osamu. Then when you think you've dealt with Miya Osamu, there's Suna. They just keep on coming!"

"Don't worry." Suna says as he gets Tsukishima's attention, smiling at him. "You're still pretty good at blocking."

"Ew, piss off..." Tsukishima mutters as he prepares for Atsumu's fourth serve.

"Inarizaki is unstoppable!"

Tossing the ball into the air, Atsumu sends another powerful serve over.

"OUT!"

Inarizaki [17 – 08] Karasuno

"Nngh!" Atsumu groans to himself as Osamu smirks.

"Heh, loser."

"Shut it!"

Azumane tosses the ball into the air for his first serve, sending a powerful serve over the net.

"Aran!"

Ojiro gets taken by surprise as he stumbles to receive the ball, watching as it flings off of his outstretched arms and out of bounds.

Inarizaki [17 – 09] Karasuno

"Azumane scores with a fierce service ace! His serve has been a bit lacking in the second set, so it's great to see that he's starting to make a comeback here!"

"Sorry!" Ojiro calls out as Azumane prepares for his second serve.

BAM!

"Aran!"

Ojiro manages to get the ball up this time as Atsumu sets the ball to Suna. Tsukishima and Kageyama instantly jump up to block him.

'You're good.' Suna thinks to himself as he twists his torso and spikes to the side of their block, catching them by surprise once again.

Inarizaki [18 – 09] Karasuno

'The higher level a blocker is, the easier it is for Suna to make them move just the way he wants.'

Suna smiles over the net to Tsukishima tauntingly as Tsukishima glares, turning away to prepare for the next point.

"Rintarou's makin' enemies with middle blockers again." Y/N deadpans as Coach Kurosu laughs.

"Our team's constantly makin' enemies with everyone~" He chimes as Y/N sighs.

"That's true."

Tossing the ball into the air, Ginjima sends a powerful serve over to Karasuno's side.

"Now that's a powerful serve! And equally amazing was that receive! Way to pick it up! Inarizaki's serves just keep getting better and better! That was an amazing course!"

Jumping up to spike, Tsukishima gets taken by surprise as Suna jumps up to block him.

"One touch!"

"Left!" Ojiro calls as Atsumu jumps up and tosses to him, three blockers lining up to stop him.

BAM!

"A thunderous spike from Ojiro Aran! But the block got a finger on it! The ball is above the net! Kageyama pushes it over!"

"Akagi!" "Hmph!"

Akagi dives for the ball as he gets it up, Osamu sends it over to Ojiro again.

"It's gonna be two consecutive spikes from the left by Ojiro Aran!"

Once again, Karasuno's three blockers follow him as they jump up to block his spike.

BAM!

"And he bashes one in, overtaking the three blocker wall! However, Karasuno defended with everything they had to keep it in their court! Now's their chance to-"

BAM!

Ojiro spikes the ball once again as it smashes onto Karasuno's court, taking them by surprise.

Inarizaki [19 – 09] Karasuno

"Ojiro Aran scores with a direct spike! Three consecutive attacks from one man! And none of them were easy to hit! He snatched away that point with overwhelming power alone!"

"ALRIGHT!!" Ojiro cheers as Suna grins.

"Yikes."

Ginjima sends his second serve over as Azumane manages to get it up.

"Tanaka-san!"

Inarizaki [19 – 10] Karasuno

"There it is! An absolutely amazing trajectory for that spike! Karasuno's Tanaka Ryuunosuke scores, putting a temporary halt to the avalanche-like momentum that Inarizaki has been building up!"

Holding up the substitution paddle, Sugawara switches with Tsukishima as he enters the court.

"Karasuno High School has subbed in their third year Sugawara. I think we can expect a strengthening in their defensive unit with this."

"OI!! None of you better be thinking we can afford to drop this set because we won the first one!" Sugawara yells as his teammates flinch in shock. "We're walking away with this game in straight sets!"

"Yeah!!"

Turning away, Sugawara sweats nervously as the Inarizaki team stares at him, watching his every move as he prepares to serve.

"Karasuno's Sugawara decided to target the most delicate of places with that serve. Ojiro Aran manages to get the ball in the air!"

"Osamu!"

Osamu spikes the ball as it bounces off of Hinata's block, but Sugawara manages to save it.

"Hnnng-!" "Kageyama! Right!"

Jumping up, Kageyama sends the ball over to Inarizaki's side as Ojiro manages to get it up with an overhand, startled.

"Left!" Ojiro calls as he prepares to spike.

"Yeah yeah." Atsumu says as he jumps up to set the ball. 'Is that too low...?!'

Spiking the ball, Ojiro gets caught in Karasuno's block as the ball falls to the floor. Thankfully, it's out.

Inarizaki [20 – 10] Karasuno

"Whew..." Atsumu sighs in relief.

"Aran! Maintain your composure!" Coach Oomi calls as Ojiro nods.

"Yes!"

Substituting Suna out on the serve, Inarizaki sends out Riseki as a pinch server as he nervously enters the court.

"Nice serve." Suna calls as Riseki starts to overthink.

'I was the eternal benchwarmer during the entire three years of my middle school volleyball career. The only time I stood on the court was as a Pinch Server, and I screwed up my serve and that ended with the one shot.' Riseki thinks to himself as he gradually gets more and more nervous due to his overthinking. 'It's good and all that I made it into powerhouse programs for both middle and high school, but the opportunities to play in an actual match are extremely scarce. This may very well be the first and last time I ever play in high school.'

Y/N sweat drops from the bench as she watches Riseki start to sweat even though he hasn't served yet. '...Good luck, hope it goes well.'

"Nice serve!"

'It's all over if I screw up...' Riseki thinks to himself as he tosses the ball into the air. 'I'll just take it one step at a time!'

"That's a very solid serve from the first year Riseki Heisuke!"

Y/N and Coach Kurosu wince at Riseki's serve, knowing that he held himself back.

"Asahi!" "Yeah!"

Hinata jumps up as he hits the ball down onto Inarizaki's court.

Inarizaki [20 – 11] Karasuno

"Yeahhh-"

"BOOO!!! WHY'D YOU EVEN BOTHER COMING HERE TODAY?!"

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"WE DIDN'T PUT YOU ON THE TEAM SO YOU COULD SPOONFEED SERVES TO THE OTHER TEAM!"

"Yikes... this is gonna be traumatising..." Y/N mutters to herself as Riseki walks off the court in shame, returning to the bench as he slumps.

"I told you to go in there and hold nothing back... You always overthink things, man."

"I haven't heard that one in a while." Suna says as he looks over to the Inarizaki cheer squad.

"Our team doesn't need a serve that just safely gets over to the other side, no matter if we're winning or losing at the time." Kita says as Riseki flinches in surprise.

"Yes, Cap'n!"

Spinning the ball in his hands, Kageyama tosses the ball in the air as he serves.

BAM!

Inarizaki [20 – 12] Karasuno

"NO-TOUCH SERVICE ACE!! SUCH VELOCITY! SUCH ACCURACY!"

"You just can't expect those types of serves to be saved!"

"Really Tobio? Right after Riseki-kun?" Y/N groans as she sighs. '...This isn't gonna be good.'

Inarizaki High School

First Timeout

"Wow, both schools sure have some powerful serves, don't they Habuka-san?"

"Yeah, goes to show that both sides have a very wide range of offensive tactics, but they are also very powerful. If you don't shut down fast attack's like these serves, then you're well on your way to being on the receiving end of an onslaught."

"Now, will Kageyama's serve be the catalyst to Karasuno's counter attack?!"

Spinning the ball in his hands, Kageyama sends over another powerful serve as it bounces off of Osamu's hands and out of bounds.

Inarizaki [20 – 13] Karasuno

"SCORE!! SERVICE ACE!! Even after the interruption of a timeout, his focus doesn't falter!"

"GIVE US ANOTHER!"

"Gin!"

"Guh-!" Ginjima manages to bump the ball up as Akagi sends it over to Ojiro.

"Aran!"

Karasuno's three blockers instantly line up with Ojiro as he sends over his spike, trying to evade the blockers.

"Out!"

Inarizaki [20 – 14] Karasuno

Ojiro winces as he watches the ball, the pressure's taking a toll on him.

"..." Coach Kurosu sits in silence as Y/N glances over to him, noticing his apprehension.

"...I think-" She begins as Coach Kurosu nods solemnly.

"I know."

Tossing the ball into the air, Kageyama sends his fourth serve over as Akagi dives to get it up, but it goes over the net.

"Damn...!"

"This is another intense serve...! The ball returned to Karasuno's side of the court in one bounce!"

"That landed right in the middle ground between the two receivers just now, didn't it?"

Swiftly, Kageyama transitions from his serve position to a setup, instantly setting the ball to Hinata before Inarizaki's blockers can properly position themselves.

'Damn, he's fast...!'

But Atsumu receives it, taking them by surprise.

'Don't be so full of it.' He sneers. "'Samu!"

Osamu jumps up and sets the ball to Ojiro, who manages to smash it down before Karasuno can react.

Inarizaki [21 – 14] Karasuno

"This time it's a score!! Ojiro Aran!! The willpower of the ace is really coming through here!"

"A nice setup from Osamu-kun too. Atsumu-kun pulled off a fantastic dig just now. Kageyama Tobio and Miya Atsumu were both National Youth Training Candidates. They are a pair of promising fellow setters."

"Sparks are flying between the two of them even when it doesn't concern setups!"

"Nice serve!"

"'Samu! Finish up the second set now!!" Atsumu yells. "Also, I'm kickin' your ass in service ace count!"

"...Quiet you." Osamu mutters as he tosses the ball into the air.

BAM!

'Crap.' Osamu sweat drops as the ball rockets outside the court and hits the scoreboard.

Inarizaki [21 – 15] Karasuno

"I think a bit too much power went into that, and that's an out."

"Inarizaki does pull one of these every-so-often haha!"

"That was some crazy explosive power, not sure if there was some ire behind the serve or..."

"THIS AIN'T BASEBALL! NOBODY ASKED FOR A HOME-RUN SERVE!" Atsumu yells as Osamu glares at him.

'It's not like you've never done this before...!'

"It's 'coz you keep spoutin' garbage!" Ojiro groans as he whacks the back of Atsumu's head.

"Owugh-!"

Y/N and Coach Kurosu sigh as they facepalm on the bench, it's sad to say but this kind of thing isn't surprising.

Tanaka sends over his serve as Ginjima manages to get it up. Atsumu sets to Oomimi who spikes it over to Tanaka.

"Hnngh-!"

The ball flies over to Inarizaki's side of the court as Akagi chases after it, managing to barely hit it back up to his team.

"Gin!" Osamu calls as he passes the ball to him. Jumping up, Ginjima spikes the ball, but it gets caught in Karasuno's block. Thankfully, Karasuno loses the point due to a net touch.

Inarizaki [22 – 15] Karasuno

"Let's fix up our rhythm, guys!" Akagi calls as he claps, trying to get them to relax.

FWEET!

The players on the court instantly glance towards the side. Kita's holding up the substitution paddle.

Member Substitution
Inarizaki High School
IN: #1 Kita Shinsuke
OUT: #4 Ojiro Aran

"Inarizaki High School will now sub another member in! Number 4 Ojiro Aran will be subbed out. Number 1, Captain Kita Shinsuke is subbed in."

Swapping places with Kita, Ojiro nods as he takes the substitution paddle, going to sit down on the bench with Y/N and the coaches as he rests.

Stepping onto the court, Kita senses the entire Karasuno team watching his every move, carefully observing him as he collects the ball for his serve.

'You guys don't need to be so cautious, I really am just a substitute.' Kita thinks to himself as he prepares for his serve.

'I'm just here to tide things over, so you don't have to be so scared.'

"NICE SERVE!" The Inarizaki second years yell in fear, acutely aware of Kita's presence. 

~~~~~

KITA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! *instantly passes out*

This chapter is the longest so far omg I shouldn't have written it in one go but I did anyway and now I'll suffer the consequences XD

I've had so much uni work over the past week that it's really taking a toll on me but I guess I'll just have to keep pushing through it :') I've been losing a lot of my little sleep as well so welp... I actually dropped a kilo over the past week as well... :')

Anyway! What do you think about the chapter? 🤩🤩 Millions of things happening omg this is such a jam packed chapter and it's past 10am and I haven't slept yet so I haven't proof read this welp :'D I hope it's still good though!

Very excited for the next chapter of course :) I always like writing things that bring you all joy 💖

That being said! I hope you enjoyed this super long chapter that is the result of my struggles... The next one will be out quicker since I don't have any deadlines this week! But... haha...

We all know what's coming :)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.1K 75 19
Suna x fem reader. "Holy shit! You're a chick?" In which Y/n had recently won her battle with cancer, but it left her body unrecognizable. When the p...
318K 8.7K 22
Y/n Kita, she is popular not just because of her looks but also because of she's the only person that the Inarizaki Volleyball team accepted as Manag...
138K 4K 28
[[COMPLETED]] Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you were the Miya twins' older sister AND Inarizaki's Boys' Volleyball Club's manager? ...
287K 7.4K 49
(F/N) Ginjima, the twin sister of Hitoshi Ginjima, is not like anyone else. She seems cold and distant, much like her twin. She's on the Inarizaki Hi...