Daughter of the Gods (Gilgame...

By zaczenemiji

"But we were destined to cross paths even by the hands of the gods." Born with royal blood, sister of a fine... More

Chapter One: Fruit of the Myth
Chapter Two: Amiable Ruler
Chapter Three: A Fine Day
Chapter Four: Al-Simr
Chapter Five: Chains of Heaven
Chapter Six: People of the Desert
Chapter Seven: No Place Like Home
Chapter Eight: Turning Point
Chapter Nine: Mark of Existence
Chapter Ten: Beyond the Desert
Chapter Twelve: Damsel in Distress
Chapter Thirteen: Ten Dawns
Chapter Fourteen: Lion's Den
Chapter Fifteen: The Lioness' Pride
Chapter Sixteen: Cold Waters
Chapter Seventeen: A Dangerous Game
Chapter Eighteen: Show of Facade
Chapter Nineteen: One a Great King
Chapter Twenty: The Greater Good
Chapter Twenty-One: An Equal
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Contrary
Chapter Twenty-Three: Two-man Parade
Chapter Twenty-Four: Remnant of Kindness
Chapter Twenty-Five: Minute of Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Prejudice
Chapter Twenty-Seven: His Highest Majesty
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Watchful Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Daughter's Mourning
Chapter Thirty: Mysteries Unearthed
Chapter Thirty-One: Vermilion
Chapter Thirty-Two: Ominous Provocations
Chapter Thirty-Three: Unprecedented Home
Chapter Thirty-Four: Golden Ruby
Chapter Thirty-Five: Evil Pursuit
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Eleventh Dusk
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Afterglow
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Crown's Cost
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Sacred Enthronement
Chapter Forty: A Heroic Task
Chapter Forty-One: The First Moon
Chapter Forty-Two: Catalyst for Change
Chapter Forty-Three: Ethereal Glow
Chapter Forty-Four: Old Wives' Tale
Chapter Forty-Five: Butter Cake
Chapter Forty-Six: The Execution
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Sacred Mountain
Chapter Forty-Eight: Misfire
Chapter Forty-Nine: Scorching Darkness
Chapter Fifty: Overwhelming Force
Chapter Fifty-One: Empty Shell

Chapter Eleven: Country to Conquer

1.2K 75 15
By zaczenemiji

"Th-this is Uruk?!" You exclaimed as you kneeled by the edge of the aircraft. It was funny as if earlier you weren't trembling to death when you were in this position. Below you was a massive city enclosed in walls. It was a perfectly built civilization enough to take your breath away. The kingdom of Al-Simr will pale in comparison to this.

Enkidu laughed, taking pride in your awe. "Behold," he said. "The Kingdom of Uruk!" You turned around to see his hands raised on both sides, basking in the glory of the land. For a moment, you wondered if it was worth leaving Al-Simr for a place like this. You immediately brushed that thought off, of course. No matter what riches this land may offer, Al-Simr will always be first in your heart.

As you turned away to look back into the city, you noticed a big trapezoidal structure standing at the heart of the fortress. It is most likely to be the royal residence, much like your home. As the aircraft drew near, you realized that your triangular edifice isn't even on par with this. It felt as if twice the size of your home.

The aircraft lowered itself in front of the structure, showing you it's full glory. Below you, the people looked up into the aircraft in wonder of why the vessel is out today yet their eyes held no surprise whatsoever of the said thing.

"What do you call this place?" You asked as you stared at the grand structure. It was incredibly high, towering over the rest of the houses. In front was a massive staircase that leads to the entrance. This one's longer than the one you have in Al-Simr. You worried you'd already faint before even reaching the entrance.

Knowing this, Enkidu ordered the aircraft to once again rise. The next thing you knew, the aircraft was preparing for its landing on top of the... "Ziggurat," Enkidu said. "This is what we call the ziggurat."

Once the aircraft has landed down, you asked yet another question. "If you don't mind," you said. Enkidu hummed in response. "I was wondering what you call this aircraft too." You once again felt your face heat up. You somehow felt embarrassed to be naive in front of such advance magecraft.

"Vimana," Enkidu answered. "It is fueled by a solar crystal, rutilated quartz crystal, that burn mercury as a fuel." You were at a loss for words. You simply nodded as the foreign knowledge sinked in. "Vimana," you repeated. "Such a nice name."

"Well then," Enkidu said. "We don't like the king to wait any further, do we?" You felt a mix of emotions stir within you at the mention of the king. Now that you're here, you can't help but feel a little nervous. 

What was the king like? You wanted to ask yet you also wanted to be surprised. You couldn't form an imagery in your mind. Yet you know, this land wouldn't be this great if they didn't have a wise king.

Enkidu jumped off Vimana, leaving you behind. "We'll bring your belongings to your chamber later," he said. "Right now, we got to go see Gilgamesh." 

"Gilgamesh?" You wondered. Enkidu once again, offered his hand out to help you climb down. This time, you politely shook your head as you carefully moved off Vimana.

Once you got your feet on the ground, "This way," Enkidu ushered you to follow him. At the corner of the rooftop was a staircase that led downstairs. The floor beneath was mostly open space. From there, you could see the entirety of the city.

You found yourself going down another set of staircases before Enkidu spoke. "At the end of these stairs is the throne room," he said. You suddenly felt a little nervous yet you didn't let it get to you.

Before you knew it, you're feet has reached the floor. There was a corner you need to turn at to reach the throne room. Enkidu quickly turned without hesitation while you stopped for a short second. He might have not noticed because he didn't come back to get you.

For a moment, you took a deep breath and smoothed out your long skirt. You pulled the cloth draped on your shoulders forward to cover more of your chest. You took a step forward and turned the corner.

The throne room was filled with massive pillars that hold the weight of this structure. You spotted Enkidu at the middle of the room, waiting for you. You took a few more steps before you saw a glimpse of the throne. 

Upon a platform two staircases high, was the king. He sat on the throne, his face resting upon his knuckles as one arm was propped on the arm rest. He was clad in golden armor from torso to his toes. His golden hair is swept away from his face like a flame fanned by the wind. His eyes were closed, paying no attention to what surrounds him.

At the bottom of the upper staircase stood a woman. She wore a long one-shoulder dress that flows down to her ankles. A thin cloth covered her mouth while her hair is fixed into a low bun behind her head.

She looked at you, eyes gleaming with hope. The smile on her lips, you could tell, was sincere. She turned away to look into the king. You saw her say something but you were too far to hear it. The next thing you knew, the king opened his eyes.

His eyelids fluttered open to reveal a pair of red orbs that looked straight into you. It was beautiful yet it sent chills running down your spine. Those eyes... You couldn't pin point exactly what you feel about them but you knew they were dangerous.

You silently gulped, swallowing your fear that is rising to the surface. In contrast to the woman's eyes, these ones held no interest. "Welcome back, Enkidu," he spoke. His voice was deep enough to make you tremble. He kept his eyes on you as he spoke to Enkidu. In return, you stared back at him. 

Enkidu was about to speak, when the king cut in. "How dare you stare at me, mongrel?" He said. You blinked back at his statement. "Mongrel?!"  You thought. "I'm sorry, what did you call me?" You retorted. How'd he had the audacity to say that when he was the first one to look at you?

"Don't make me repeat myself," he replied. All of a sudden, you felt the switch of your temper flick on and at that moment, you already knew this conversation's going nowehere good. Enkidu cleared his throat. "This is king Gil⁠—" 

"I didn't ask you," you said, eyeing him sideways. Enkidu's eyes widened at your statement yet a smirk found its way upon his lips.

"Let's get things straight," you continued, your voice solidifying. "I was told you needed a queen." Your mind flew back to the negotiation you had with Enkidu back home. "I can say..." you added. "You made quite a great choice in summoning a woman like me."

"I would've appreciated it had you not threatened my kingdom," you added. "It can't be helped, I guess." All of a sudden, the king bursted out in laughter. His loud laugh filled the entirety of the hall. You looked at him in disbelief as an irk mark appeared on your temples. His eyes were closed, arms embracing his stomach as he laughed his heart out.

"Oh God, that was a good laugh," he said as his laughter began to die down. "Whew! Enkidu! I thought you were bringing a princess here, but I guess you brought home a clown."

You clicked your tongue at the roof of your mouth. This guy's getting on your nerves. Once his laughter has completely died down, his eyes went back to you. "Bold of you to assume I chose you," he said. "Me? Choose a mongrel like you?"

"Then in the first place, you wouldn't have sent someone to get me," you replied boldly. "Whoever chose me, you agreed with them. Therefore, it was also your choice."

"Now, who gave your permission to get cocky?" he asked.

"That's a rich one coming from you," you replied.

Silence filled the hall for a moment. You noticed the woman and Enkidu exchanged glances with each other. Her expression mirrored Enkidu's amusement. The king's lips curved into a smirk. "You are quite entertaining, aren't you?" he muttered.

"You were saying?" You asked as you raised an eyebrow at him. If this is the game, you don't plan on losing.

"Now then," he replied, brushing you off. He leaned back on his throne as he crossed one leg over the other. "The only reason to need a woman is for pleasure and to establish a bloodline."

"As for you," he said, gaze lowering down to look at you. "You are to worship me day and night. Your presence shall only be seen once I require you of it. You are to be keep silent unless I ask for your opinion. You can have your own opinions though you are not to use them freely..."

The next statement you heard made your blood boil. "...I do not ask you for your brain." You looked back at him with furrowed brows. You placed your hands on your hips as you were readying for a come back.

"You needed a queen, that is why I am here," you said. "But what you described isn't a queen; it's a whore."

"Oh," he said, his voice amused. You were sure he is taking pleasure in this heated conversation and it pissed you. The best thing you can do so that you wouldn't regret your choice of leaving Al-Simr to protect your people is to be a good queen here. You are taking things seriously and this man who summoned you is but a despicable king.

"To be queen, you must marry me," he said. "Only then can you be recognized by the people, and to marry me, you must obey the commands mentioned earlier."

"That is given. Marriage, in this case, is inevitable," you replied. "But I can be queen without being your woman. I can love this city and it's people without you in the picture."

"I'm not a slut, a whore, a slave, a sex toy! I'm nowhere near that!" you said. "I am a princess who was called forth to be queen and rule this kingdom, not an object of entertainment. I am not your plaything nor your country to conquer."

You said all those without ever averting your gaze from him. "Now then," you continued, leaving him no time to retort. If your opinions don't matter to him, then his don't matter to you too. "I should begin exercising my rights as queen." 

You turned to Enkidu. "Take me to the queen's chamber," you said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 654 35
(Y/N), embrace the darkness!!!! At Last!!!! I FEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y/N) (L/N) was born in the New York City and he was become homeless little boy...
53K 890 31
You are just an average girl, who goes to an average college/high school, and is really average. *sarcasm* Get any sarcasm from that? Because I'm tot...
13.1K 519 6
Quick Summary: Y/N reincarnates into the Fate universe with powers similar into that of Clive and Joshua from FF16. Basically, Y/N has the powers of...
517 63 13
Find out what happens when fate makes the path of a warrior and the president of a famous MC collide. Alexia Wyatt My life hadn't been easy; in fact...