My Bubblegum King

By CriticallyIntense

THIS IS NOT A PAID STORY. ONLY THE EXCLUSIVE BONUS CHAPTERS AND STORY BRANCHES ARE. YOU CAN READ THE ENTIRE B... More

My Bubblegum King
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Chapter 25- Story Branch
36
37
38
39
40 - final: Part 1
40 - final: Part 2

005

2.8K 186 78
By CriticallyIntense

Paxton Flynn

I was starting to get drunk, I could feel the buzz of the alcohol in my veins already just two cups down. I was still on the counter with my legs crossed under me and Diego was sitting in front of me on a high stool. One guy had left, leaving up with one more guy and the girl standing between his legs as they talked in hushed voices.

I smiled, "I love the little peace here. I wasn't expecting to find such in a college parties. This kitchen looks private."

"It is."

"It is?" I had guessed that but it was still kind of surprising. "Then how are we here?"

He pointed at himself, "because of me."

I gasped, more than necessary but we're blaming that on the alcohol. I covered my mouth with my hand, leaning closer to him and asking in a much smaller voice, "you live here?"

Diego laughed at my antics, pushing me back to place before I stumble down the counter to my death. "Not anymore, but I still know all the guys who still live here. Consider me a family."

"Not anymore?" I hiccupped, and blushed covering my mouth. "What does that mean? You left before introduction?" He shook his head negative to that. "How long have you been on campus then?"

"This is my second year."

I was not expecting to hear that. I leaned back, "whoa. You're a sophomore?"

He laughed again, using the back of his palm to cover his mouth like he was shy. "Not actually."

I rolled my eyes and sat back straight. My hand moved to touch his cheek, "it's hot to be mysterious but fucking up fess up already?" I patted his cheek, before redrawing back. "I'm curious now and I need to know if I should or shouldn't be hanging out with you."

Diego gaped at me, fingers on his cheek. "Was that a slap?"

I placed my cup back on my lips and drank the last of it's content. Then I giggled after hiccuping again. "Nope, it was a friendly pat. If I should slap you, you face would be red like Tricia's butt when she sat on coal."

"Jesus, who's Tricia?"

I laughed, "my sister. I promise I didn't laugh then though," then I leaned in closer to him to whisper, "but I wanted to after."

Diego laughed, shaking his head at me. "Okay."

"So talk, before I actually slap you."

"I'm so scared," he said, the drank up his entire cup too. "Well, I'm taking the year again with a different major. The first year was unbelievably hectic and I lived here then, but then I moved out this year."

I nodded, looking around again. "It must have been dope to live here."

"Not really but yeah," he shrugged, getting up to mix us more drinks.

"What was your first major?" I asked, watching him from behind. His fine shoulder blades reminded me of someone I knew too well and I blinked, looking away guiltily and deciding I've had enough drinks.

"Medicine," he winked at me.

I laughed, "should I be intimidated?"

"Totally," he dropped the half empty bottle on the counter. "My GPA would crush you."

I fake shuddered, "phew, I should go home and start up on my reading then."

"So no drinks?" His lips turned down when I nodded.

"I'm drunk already," I slowly got down the counter. "I should get to my friends."

"Aw you break my heart Paxton Flynn."

I smiled, "sorry?"

"It's fine," he went to put the drink back to the fridge. "It was really fun while it lasted."

"Yeah, I'd surely regret some of this tomorrow." I said, touching my body to make sure my phone was still with me. Then I remembered Ryder's drink although it's probably too late. I asked Diego and he handed me a can of Coke that I safely pushed into my pants pocket. "Better don't remind me of anything tomorrow."

"It's 1am already but," he walked over to me. "Are you saying you'd see me tomorrow?"

I shrugged, "I keep seeing you so, why not?"

He smirked, "you're a funny guy, I like you."

I hiccuped, then bowed a little which turned out to be a bad idea because I started feeling nauseous after but I was so not throwing up in front of Diego. I can live anything down but that. "At your service, you're not bad yourself."

We walked out the kitchen, Diego shaking hands with the guy while I waved at them like we were acquaintances. "Bye bye."

When we reached the stairs, I felt like crying because it's like there were more people on it and most of them were passed out. I groaned out loud, face palming and knowing I won't be able to go through without tumbling down or throwing up. Diego appeared my side like a knight in shining armor. His eyes looked brighter out here.

"May I?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "may you what?"

He smirked at me before ducking under and putting his arms around me. Before I knew it, my feet was up in the air, Diego was carrying me bridal style. I laughed, covering my face with my palms. "Oh God, put me down."

"It's the only way we can get down fast enough without mishaps." He sounded amused too and I was dying in embarrassment. "Unless you want to forget your friends and stay here with me."

I looked at him, then shook my head taking a deep breath. "I have to go down but I'd not live this down tomorrow." I put my hand at his neck, getting a secure hold. "Okay, atta boy."

He laughed, his well developed chest vibrating against my body. His hands tightened around me and then he starts going down, carefully going over the bodies on the stairs. Halfway through, he mistakely hits somebody and the moment causes us to tilt like he's going to fall. I shrieked so hard, holding him closer for dear life but then he doesn't fall and we burst out laughing. My face was permanently red at this point, no remedy for the embarrassment. That shriek could have woken even the dead.

"There you go," Diego said putting me down safely.

I couldn't look at him. "Thank you."

He laughed, "like I said it's okay."

I risked a look at him, "I swear I'm not always like this."

He smiled, "Really? Too bad then."

"No," I covered my warm face. "I'm better, really."

"If you say so."

I sighed, "I hope I don't see you tomorrow, don't show your face to me."

He frowned, "why not?"

"Because this is all still going to be fresh in memory tomorrow."

"It's 1am already and that's if you remember."

"I unfortunately would," I pull at my hair. "As strange as it might sound, I'm not that drunk."

"If you say so."

"Shut up!" I smacked his arm.

He laughed again. "When does the memory become old?"

"Next week," I nodded. "You can show your face next week."

"And I'd get to meet the 'better you'?"

I smiled, "yup." I stuck out my pinkie to him. "Promise."

He shook his head at me but still hooked pinkies.

"What?"

"I didn't think someone could be this cute."

I laughed, "Well, meet Paxton Flynn." Then I backed away, "Bye."

"Sure you don't need me to come with you?" He asked and I saw a little worry in his face.

"Yes, I can carry myself from here on." I waved again before turning around and disappearing into the crowd. The party was still fully going on and although the number of dancers on the dance floor were not as much as before, they were still plenty.

I searched for Ry to no avail and then I went searching for Sim towards the place all the games were at. After many long minutes of searching, I finally find them huddled together on an arm chair. Sim was holding a bottle of water and looking too sleepy to move while Ryder had her head on his shoulder, her lips moving as she talked.

"Hey guys," I walked up to them.

"Paxton!" They both exclaimed causing me to laugh.

"Thank the heavens you're fine. I couldn't leave her to go search for you and she's plastered." Sim said, smiling in relief.

Ryder punched him on the shoulder. "I told you he was fine. He has no choice but to be."

"I brought you Coke but I see you've already found your drinks." I said, giving her the Coke that was freezing my thighs.

"I'll take that," Sim collected it. "No more drinks for you, Missy."

Ryder laughed, dragging herself up the chair and throwing herself at me. "I, Fernando, Stellito and Nancy already got drinks. It was mad Pax, you missed at lot. Where were you?"

"Upstairs," I answered, then asked. "Who's Fernando, Stellito and Nancy?"

Sim shrugged, drinking out the Coke and Ryder smacked me. "The dancers. They are so cool Pax, you have to meet them again. They were asking about you too."

"I'm sure I'll meet them again sometime," I held her and she held me. She was more drunk. "You guys want to leave here?"

"Yes, please." Sim jumped off the chair, leaving the Coke and going around to help hold Ryder from the other side.

"Hope you had fun, Sim? Sorry I disappeared." I apologized as we made our way out.

"It's fine and yeah, I had fun. I won 10 dollars at a card game."

"Wow."

"Fun and money," Ryder laughed. "He knows how to party more than us Pax."

"He sure does."

When we finally got outside, all three of us sighed in relief.

"I'm not leaving my bed tomorrow," I said.

"Today you mean," Sim corrected. "It's past 1am and yes, I agree with you. I'm so tired."

"It's a deal then."

"Oh we're on our way, we're on our way," Ryder started singing a nursery rhyme, bobbing her head. "On our way to Grandpa's farm. We're on our way, we're on our way, on our way to Grandpa's farm!"

Sim and I exchanged amused looks but start bobbing our heads too, joining her in. "Down on grandpa's farm there is a big brown cow."

"Moo moo!"

*

I woke up with a little pounding on my head and my tummy rumbling and aching. I thankfully didn't have an alarm for Saturday so I must have slept all through. Turning around, my eyes searched for the clock and I saw the red digits on it on glaring 3:27 pm.

Moses beard!

I groaned, turning and stumbling out the bed. The nauseousness from last night hits me and I ran into the bathroom, kneeing by the toilet and throwing all the contents of my stomach out. After that I cleaned up, making sure it was sparkling the way I met it. The way Sim left it. I felt like shit but I brought this upon myself so I had no basis to complain.

I looked at myself on the mirror and I didn't look so bad, at least I got some sleep in. I brushed my teeth, recalling part of last night. Sim and I dropped Ryder off at her dorm first and her roommate didn't seem so pleased at being woken up by that time. But we didn't mean to wake her, we quietly got in and was just going to drop Ryder on her bed and leave but we were drunk and drunk people laugh unnecessarily and it's not our fault she's a light sleeper.

Sim was mortified and hurriedly got us both out of there before her glare turned to lasers.

Then we got into our room and I just managed to pull my shirt off before collapsing on my bed and passing out. Now it was afternoon and I was starving. After I was done with my morning business, I cleaned up and left the bathroom. Sim was still sleeping soundly on his bed, sleep mask on and dead to the world.

I sit back on my bed and wondered whether to make lunch for us both or just myself. When was he going to wake up? Something pokes my ass and I search, discovering my phone still in my jean pocket. I silently prayed it was still in good form as I opened it. It was still in good form but my eyes widened on seeing a missed call and texts messages from my one and only.

"Damn," I looked through it all. One missed call and two texts.

Crown prince- please try not to drink or party too much and call me if you get back, okay? [Received]

Crown prince- home yet? I'll kill Ryder if anything happens. Love you, goodnight. [Received]

I smiled that's the thing about Sebastian. He shows he cares and still gives you your space. If the situation was reversed, I would have blowed up his phone with texts of all kind. I was sure he was worried and I could already imagine him picking up his phone to text again but then deciding against it. He's so cool and his calmness is one of the hottest things about him. I chewed my lips as I pressed to call him. He picked on the second ring.

"Hi," I squeaked out.

"Babe," he drawled. "Good afternoon and finally."

"Yes, I am so sorry. I'm just seeing your text and missed calls."

"Excuse me," he said to someone else, then back at me. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yes, where are you?" I laid down back on my bed.

"Supermarket," I could hear him walking. "I need to buy detergent and eggs."

"Shit, I forgot detergent," I smacked my head. We went shopping before I left. Sebastian hates shopping and I wanted to leave him stocked. "What happened to your eggs?"

"How was your night?" He tried deflecting.

"Sebastian."

He groaned, "I broke them."

"All?" I sat up on the bed, eye wide. His silence answered me. "How?"

"The crates fell out my hand last night, I was trying to fry some."

I face palmed. "Oh my God."

"Sorry?"

"It's fine."

"I love you," he threw in and I couldn't help but smile.

"Shut up, I said it's fine."

"Okay, now my turn."

Yeesh. "My night was fine, I didn't get too drunk but I didn't check my phone and I came back around 2am."

"Was it all you expected?"

I laid back down and nodded. "Yes, it was. And I might actually be making new friends after all."

"I'm so proud of you Flynn."

I blushed, smiling and biting on my lip. "How was the bar last night?"

"Crowded!" He groaned and I burst out laughing, he laughed. "But I'm getting used to it all, I came home around 5 and I'm already up. How awesome is that?"

I giggled, "I'm so proud of you Seb."

"And I talked to the owner like you advised, and he listened. Thanks babe."

"Anytime." Sim got up his bed, mask still on and stretched.

"I'll text you later, okay? Take a lot of water please."

"Okay and try not to break any other thing. Be careful Seb."

"I'd try. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Bye for real."

I giggled, "bye for real too."

It was like he wanted to say something else but then he doesn't and the call ends. I sigh, a wide smile on my face and I press the phone to my chest. No words can tell him how much I miss him. I want to be there cooking those eggs for him myself and shopping with him.

"Good afternoon." Sim said, walking out the bathroom.

"Sleep well?" I asked getting out the bed.

"Parties are from hell."

"You didn't even drink."

He scratched his cheek, "is it possible to get a hangover from exhaustion?"

Uhm...

------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Vote and comment ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 6.5K 44
Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Mason Moore and Mark Tyler have been friends...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
316K 11.3K 44
"TWO BOYS. ONE EPIC LOVE STORY." • • • After constant bullying about his sexuality, Micheal Cad...
11.5M 457K 65
Lucas Sawyer has gotten used to being forgotten. His twin brother Mark, captain and star quarterback, everyone's favorite, gets the spotlight. Lucas...