The Princess and The Sorcerer

By vany2007

In the Kingdom of Dulcinea, Princess Annaliese always felt something for her dear friend, Sorcerer Zorander... More

The Princess and The Sorcerer
1- The Princess
2- The Sorcerer
3- Acceptance to Leave
4- My Dear Friend
5- The Birthday Party
6- The Little Project
7- Finished
8- The Magic Mirror
9- Invitation to a Wedding
10- Embracing you
11- A little bit of jealousy
12- I would be yours
14- Luck or Folly
15- Hello Sorcerer
16- A Change in Fate
17- Alone
18- I love you
19- Light
20- Anticipation
21- Forever

13- His Annaliese

388 24 0
By vany2007

Chapter 13

Annaliese wakes up groggy. Pulling herself up, she feels the pounding of her head immediately. Then she remembers the night before and is fully awake. Trying to fit the pieces together. The beginning is clear enough. The wedding, dancing with Nicholas, Ashlyn...

She groans. "Ugh. I think I told Ashlyn about Zorander... sort of."

Then Zorander and the fight on the veranda. The sting of his rejection there. Nicholas' advances.

The kiss.

Annaliese giggles to herself. Oh that kiss. She thought she might burn up from the heat of it.

They had returned to the party after that, she remembers. Why?

"I don't think I should be alone with you, Annaliese. Not tonight."

She had been sad at that... but felt the heat rise between them, knowing it was not from lack of want that he said it. But then he had also said they should return to make an appearance in case anyone noticed they both left early. They were just going to go back for a little while. She knew he was right.

Then Nicholas had asked her to dance. She didn't really feel she could say no in front of all the guests (especially her parents, looking on with satisfied smiles). So they danced. But she most assuredly did not enjoy it this time.

Zorander had danced with that sorceress. She had forgotten that for a moment.

Then what had happened? The evening gets fuzzy. She thinks she had more wine.

Annaliese sits up slowly and swings her feet out of the bed, keeping her eyes closed from the annoying sun. She stumbles into her wash room and takes a wet cloth and begins to clean her face. Flashes of the night continue to puzzle her memory.

At the end of the night (her night at least, the rest of the party probably having lasted to nearly dawn) Daniel had walked her to her room. She doesn't remember the walk. Had they talked at all? She remembers he took off her shoes and put her on the bed. He had untied her corset just enough to get her started and then had walked out, leaving her to finish alone.

Annaliese takes a drink of water and feels her stomach turn slightly. She needs food, she thinks, but simple food, bread maybe.

Before any of that however, she wants to see Zorander. She dresses and combs out her hair, leaving it down and loose- forgetting the tiara.

In the hall, she looks as far as she can see before walking to his room. She knocks softly.

She hears a shuffling and then he opens the door. Looking at him, she knows she must have woken him. His robe is thrown hastily around him, noticing no shirt under. Only the hollow of his neck.

Annaliese blushes, "Good morning," she manages with enthusiasm, fighting the ache of her head. "I'm sorry if I woke you but I thought maybe we could have breakfast in the gardens." She smiles, thinking she sounds silly.

"I'm surprised you're awake. Is it even morning?"

"The sun's up. Honestly, I've felt better but I couldn't sleep anymore." She pauses. "Besides, we leave tomorrow. I was hoping we could spend the day together..."

Kiss or no kiss she is still scared to death. Seeing him dance with another woman, laughing with her. A mature woman with magical inclinations, while she a mere little girl who plays with magic. She never thought of herself as jealous but there are so many unknowns. She needs a little more... more assurance.

Then he smiles and already her heart swells. "I can think of no better way to spend the day than with you, Annaliese. But perhaps I can dress first, hmm?"

Annaliese blushes a little more and nods. She is surprised when he opens the door wider. "Would you like to come in?" Her heart races, trying to read him.

He smiles a sly smile, "Why, Princess you seem nervous." He drags out the last word with a sneer. "I just thought you might want to sit and wait while I dress in the other room is all."

He's teasing her. She walks into the room and sits in a chair by the window. "Yes, thank you, I think I will." She holds her head high but smirks at him all the same. Zorander closes the door to the hall and enters the bedroom.

**********

When he enters the room, now fully clothed, she is still in the chair but has relaxed. He smiles. This is his Annaliese.

He approaches her, his light brown haired princess bathed in soft morning sunlight with ocean blue eyes. He offers his hand to her, "Shall we?"

She accepts it and stands. Simply touching her delicate hand, the moment takes him, destroying any last shred of willpower he may have had. It's too perfect, this amazing girl alone in his room.

And he wants her.

He holds her hand and pulls back, stopping her from walking away. She turns to look at him, the question in her eyes unspoken as his gaze rakes across her face and down her form. She opens her mouth to speak just as he pulls her back to him, leaning down for a kiss, silencing her, as his free hand finds her waist. Annaliese doesn't hold back, gripping him, she tilts her head closer to him.

"I just wanted to give you a proper good morning", he breathes, breaking their mouths apart.

Annaliese looks at his lips to his eyes. "If you keep this up, we're not going to make it out of this room," she threatens.

It's all he needs to go back hungrily and take her mouth. His hand finds the back of her neck, holding her face to his. His other hand pushes up from her waist to the bust of her gown, fingertips finding and digging gently into the soft flesh that sits just above the corset, palm pressing against the roundness of her there. She moans into him and reaches her hands into his hair.

He leads her, pulling her toward him, back to the chair by the window. He sits and pulls her down to him as gently as his urgency will allow. Never breaking apart, she straddles him, legs on either side of his thighs, knees pressed hard against the fabric of the chair's back. Pulling his hair, she is forcing his head to angle up to meet her desperate kiss. He slides his hands across her waist and up her back, gripping her shoulders and pulling her down into him, forcing her hard onto his lap. For a few unbelievable moments, he feels her grind down against him and her breathing catches hard in her throat, his groan vibrating her to her toes.

After an excruciatingly too short time, she lifts herself back up on her knees, just barely separating from him. Her hands on the sides of his head she pulls back to look at him, licking her lips and searching his amber eyes. "We should stop, shouldn't we?" She's asking but he feels her begging him to say no.

His eyes close and his head falls forward, his forehead landing close to her neck. He hisses a "yes" but makes no move to push her off.

"I don't want to. I don't want to stop. But- my family...they'll wonder... I..."

He looks up at her and brushes a lock of hair from her face, runs his thumb along her flushed cheek. "It's ok, Annaliese." He kisses her softly once. "I'm not letting you out of my sight today though. Let's go have that breakfast."

**********

In the gardens, Annaliese and Zorander are seated by some of the wait staff. Annaliese picks at the fruit and bread. Zorander watches her eat and is entranced by her every dainty movement. The reality of their situation, another 6 months apart, is finally coming home to live in his mind. Thank the Gods she finished that mirror. He's not sure he could last a day without her face.

The other nagging fear, her family's eventual disapproval and his own probable death.

The pair walk the massive gardens together and, for the most part, are able to carry on as if they are the sorcerer and princess. Except once, behind a tall, ornate fountain, she reaches over and squeezes his hand. Under a low hanging, flowering tree, he nips at her neck playfully.

**********

The mid-day meal in Bulovia proves to be as lavish as the event the night before. Setting in, everyone delights in small talk.

Then Dominick and Ashlyn enter the room, everyone turns to look at them. Annaliese seems to think this is the perfect opportunity to remind Zorander of his impending doom because when she brushes the top of his thigh with her fingers 'accidentally' she gives him a Cheshire grin. "Oops! Sorry, Mr. Zorander."

Watching the new couple enter the room. He whispers, eyes never leaving the newlyweds, lips barely moving. "Not as sorry as you'll be when I get you alone... you little tart." His teasing tone up to the pause. His lowest baritone growl after.

In the corner of his eye he sees her play with her hair and divert her eyes. It's a sweet little victory. He's learning how to push her buttons; to bring on that blush and speed her heart. Oh what fun.

"I'm so sorry we're late, Everyone. Dominick and I were packing and we just... we just lost track of the time." She looks to Dominick and smiles. He winks back at her, pushing her chair in as Ashlyn takes a seat.

Annaliese is unusually quiet the rest of her meal. Everyone seems absorbed in their own conversations and most likely does not notice. Zorander does. Having grown accustomed to her incessant chattering over many years... he finds he misses it like he misses air.

The family sits at the end of the meal sipping strong coffee together. Daniel is the first to rise and leave the table.

King Randolph looks at his daughter and asks, "Annaliese, what are your plans today?"

She looks up and smiles. "I thought maybe I would take Mr. Zorander on a little tour of Bulovia, since he's never been here before. And I've hardly heard anything about the council yet!"

Zorander could swear she nearly bats her lashes in innocence.

"That sounds very nice, Annaliese," Queen Aramina offers warmly. "Yes it does but Zorander you must promise to join us for dinner. I would also like to hear more about how my Royal Sorcerer is spending his time." Randolph smiles and it feels genuine.

"Yes, of course, Your Majesty. Thank you." Another invitation to dine with the family. He dares a quick glance at Annaliese and her smile is radiant.

Annaliese stands at that and looks down at him. Walking out the door both head out with Annaliese chatting away all the plans and details for their day.

**********

In the hall, Annaliese grabs Zorander by his wizards robe and drags him around a corner, into a hidden corner. She backs herself against the wall and pulls him on top of her. He's surprised and catches his weight with his palms against the wall on either side of her. Her mouth presses his firmly before her lips part, encouraging his to do the same.

Zorander pulls back relatively quickly, his eyes wide. "This seems like a very bad choice," he whines quietly.

She giggles and straightens up. "You're right. Let's go somewhere else then."

His eyes narrow to a normal size and he glances around before leaning close again and whispering, "You are far more wicked than anyone thinks."

She feigns shock. "Me? It must be your influence, Sorcerer." She leans up and gives him one last kiss. Sweeter this time, having had her fun for the moment. "Let's go to the market. I would like to buy a souvenir" She bounds a couple of paces and pauses to look back. "Coming?"

He looks at her, mouth hanging open for a moment and she knows teasing him will be a LOT of fun.

Hello Wattpad World!!!
Please leave a comment or vote (:
This chapter was very sneaky, naughty, and fun to write lol
It is also spooky season!! What's going on this Halloween season (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 182 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...
320 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...
3.2K 74 25
"𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺..." "𝘞𝘩𝘰'𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩?" ...
1.9K 302 20
A Loose Retelling of Beauty and the Beast A BEAUTIFUL WITCH. Bookish Myalah, the town beauty as well as its only living witch, has always wanted a wa...