My Redneck Angel

By RainieUndead

Mia Asbury is a 28 year old single mom from Louisiana, whilst visiting Virginia for work leaving her 2 year o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
**Authors Note**
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
**Authors Note**
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT NOTICE (Please Read)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Its now or never.
Chapter 42
Chapter 44- "I Love You"
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- "Girly Scent"
Chapter 48
Chapter 49- A Broken Red Neck
Chapter 50- Down By The Creek.
Chapter 51- Bruises
Chapter 52
Chapter 53- Jealous Dixon
Chapter 54 - What If?
Chapter 55- Everything to lose
Chapter 56- Nightmares Sprung to life.
Chapter 57 -Cornered
Chapter 58 - Loaded Gun
Chapter 59- Drama and Dreams
Chapter 60- The Little Things
Chapter 61- Crave
Chapter 62 -Bad Dreams
Chapter 63 - These Walls
Chapter 64- Protector
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 - Me and My Girls
Chapter 68
Chapter 69- Saviours
Chapter 70 - I got you
Chapter 71 - Its time
ANNOUCMENT
Chapter 72 - Family

Chapter 43- Indentations

2.9K 74 46
By RainieUndead

Sorry for any mistakes.

Daryl's p.o.v

What was left of the daylight we managed to venture on and find a small church not forgetting to mention saving some priests ass called himself Father Gabriel. I watched Mia's chest rise and fall she was still unconscious and I was trying my best to keep her safe, she needs some medication and that's what I plan on doing.

"Maybe you should get some rest." Carol whispered,

"I'm fine I gotta make sure she's okay."

"Me and Rick are on watch nothing's gonna happen."

"I promised her I won't let her get hurt."

"You're no good to her if you haven't slept Daryl; get some rest I'll keep an eye on her."

I didn't want to take my eyes off her I guess I was scared she was going to stop fighting and leave me because I know no matter what she says that this is pretty bad. I laid beside her and let out a deep breath I couldn't sit there any longer.

"Daryl?" Carol whispered,

I looked down to where Carol was laying and just gave her a nod before gripping my crossbow a little tighter taking my exit. Part of me hated how they just wanted to sit around waiting if we had any chance of getting Mia better she needs medication now not tomorrow and that's exactly what I intended to do.

"You don't think I'd let you go alone do you?" Carol said appearing beside me.

"I ain't about to let her die I made a promise."

"I get that but even you know she would want you to be safe."

"Suppose your right."

"What made you two so close? Last time I saw you, you were at each other's throats."

"I saw the way she let herself get hurt, she needs someone to save her pansy ass."

"I know you don't like talking about it Pookie but you know what you express to her is love?"

"I know."

The rest of the morning we didn't speak I suppose we didn't need to talk to have company it's always been that way with Carol. We came to a small town it was pretty much empty apart from some rotting corpses. We got a plan together we decided to spilt up Carol taking the corner store and me taking the pharmacy.

"Grab everything I suppose." I mumbled throwing in some boxes of pills.

I grabbed what was left and that included a first aid kit, I decided to head towards the counter going through the back maybe there was some stronger stuff that would help anyone else later on but it wasn't pills that caught my eye when I got threw it was the damn walker munching on the pharmacist.

"Nice." I said shooting a bolt threw its skull.

I yanked my bolt out of its head and then pierced it threw its meal making sure it didn't come back before raiding the rest of the stuff and taking my exit. Hopefully Mia will make it I ain't stupid enough to think she's invincible although I wish she was.

"Found this." Carol said putting something in my hand.

I opened my hand and inside was a silver pansy necklace with a little red jewel in the middle I smirked at the nickname Id given Mia and then thanked Carol before stuffing it in my pocket. We discussed what we were going to do next if there was anything the group needed.

"Well I grabbed some cans of soup, some beans there wasn't really much."

"It will have to do, what about water?"

She shook her head, "Maybe we should head back."

"Yeah."

I adjusted the rucksack on my back and then slung my crossbow over my shoulder before looking at Carol making sure she was ready for the walk back. I hope this was going to be enough.

Mia's p.o.v

I watched on as Scarlett ran around the backyard giggling away trying to catch the butterflies she was my little beacon of hope I look away for a second seeing a dark figure strutting towards me I glanced back at Scarlett only to see she was never there it was just our empty abandoned yard.

"Suppose I'm saving your ass again." The figure said the Southern accent ringing a bell.

"Daryl?"

"I shouldn't have left you."

I watched as the figure faded and everything seemed to vanish it was just empty and I remembered everything, being sick and wounded but also begging Daryl to leave me behind like the stubborn bitch I am.

"I'm dead aren't I?"

"You're not supposed to be here."

I turned to see my mother my real one standing their looking just as I remembered her long brown hair, Sky blue eyes and pink plump lips. She smiled taking me in her arms I was totally screwed if I was seeing her.

"So I'm dead right?"

"So positive but that's up to you."

"Up to me? I'm seeing people who are dead."

She laughed, "Dead or not it's up to you with a little help from the so called dead people whether you're going to make it."

"I'm really sick Huh?"

She nodded, "And that Daryl is trying his best to save you, so either you fight or you give up."

"That's an easy question to answer."

"Scarlett's beautiful." She smiled looking over to her right.

There she was again playing in her favourite dress and boots just being her normal self my heart ached maybe I'd be better off dead at least I'd be with her. I close my eyes for a second and upon reopening them they were gone but there stood me and Daryl where we first met.

They found me on one of their runs to a nursery Daryl and Glen that was. Of course Glen was more kind Daryl as suspected had his guard up. I remember it like it was just yesterday.

"Put your weapons down." He ordered,

"I'm not sure if your dumb or blind but I'm a bag of bones I ain't about to take on two grown men." I huffed placing my bow and quiver down on the floor along with my knife and unloaded gun.

"Why are you here?" Glen asked,

"Looking for some blankets."

"You got a group?" Daryl asked,

I laughed, "Nope just me like usual."

They both look at each other like they were mentally asking each other questions, Daryl relaxed and lowered his crossbow I smirked as I watched the memory it was like a little movie. I studied the way Daryl watched me the same look as always.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Glenn asked,

"Too many to count."

"How many people? Daryl questioned,

"Three."

"Why?"

"Tried to kill me." I shrugged,

"What's your Name?" Daryl asked biting his lip.

"Mia, Mia Asbury."

"I'm Glen and that's Daryl." He said pointing beside him.

"So can I go now you've finished asking me these pointless questions?"

"You can leave but we have a group we're holding up in the prison your welcome to join us."

I watched myself look down at my shoes I remember what I was thinking I was hungry that was the main thing and then as soon I agreed to join them the memory faded it was back to the emptiness I just frowned looking around what now?

Daryl's p.o.v

When we arrived back everybody was awake and giving the medical supplies to Hershel hoping what I'd gotten was enough to make Mia better. I didn't really notice how quiet it was until I made my way over to Mia it seemed like there was tension.

"Suppose I'm saving your pansy ass again." I said sitting beside her. "I shouldn't have left you."

She didn't respond she looked almost dead so pale and so still since the day I met her she always had that I'm a fighter feel but now I weren't sure. I closed my eyes for a moment before hearing someone clear there throat it was Rick, he had a concerned look pasted on his face and I didn't like it one bit.

"What?"

"Daryl there's something you should know..."

I sat myself up a little, "And what's that?"

Rick reached for Mia's right arm holding her wrist whilst pushing her sleeve up, my breath caught in my throat as Rick revealed it this couldn't be happening she wasn't she couldn't be.
She was bit. I didn't take my eyes off her bite you could see every indentation the teeth made how couldn't I have seen that?

Oh snap. So uh sorry I've left this on a cliff hanger. Tell me what you thought of Mia's dream kind of thing.. -shrugs- I thought it was a cool idea but it'd be nice to see your feedback. Will try updating again within this week if not I do apologise. Thanks for all the reads and comments ❤️
~Rainie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 1 17
A 15r old girl named jay has lost her farther due to a outbreak. As she survives on her own and meets others, will she ever find love. We she survive...
328 1 17
The earth has been hit by a devastating zombie apocalypse and few people are left standing. One of them is Arizona Piercey. A knife-wielding, rifle s...
104K 1.5K 54
Maisie Phillips had been alone since the beginning of the end. She lost her brother early on and believed him dead. She doesn't work well with people...
2.4K 105 23
"You can either hate me or want to survive" Mercy Hawkins was only 20 when the outbreak started. Alone, frightened and hopeless she lingers on throug...