The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital

4.1K 127 49
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital

Tris

"Deep breaths Mom! You're doing great!" I try to encourage my mother.

She has been in labor for who knows how long now. Probably a day and a half at least because she was in labor when the lights were off last night and it at least feels like she's been in labor for a long time today.

Worst of all. Now she is ready to push.

What's worse than that:

I'm the only one close enough to physically help her. And I've never helped give birth to a baby, nor have I ever experienced it.

"Here. Mom. If the baby is coming, you have to take your pants off. Let me help you."

"It's okay. I've got it. You can't even stand and shouldn't even be moving. I've got it." She says quickly.

I shrug my shoulders. Whatever she wants. I'm just trying to keep her calm. She's freaking out and it can't be good on herself. It's probably causing her more pain to stress and tense up than if she'd relax and let the baby do what it needs to.

But it's not like it's the most calming place to have a baby... I don't really blame her for stressing.

Because I'm freaking out inside too.

"Uhhhhh." She groans holding her stomach.

Her pants are halfway off. I decide not to question why she isn't wearing any underwear. Probably one of David's orders.

"Tris!" Cara whisper yells. "Take off her pants, quick. She's gotta push NOW."

I turn back toward my mother and as gently as possible work her legging- type pants off of her legs. Once I get them off I set them by the extra blankets David brought.

I completely forgot about the blankets.

"Natalie! Push through the contraction. You can do it! Push!" Cara yells over.

I quickly take one of the blankets and fold it into a pillow for mom. I place it under her head just as she starts to push. Then I take her hand in mine as a way to show her she's not alone.

The look on my mother's face makes me want to cry. She is in so much pain. I want to look away, but the Abnegation side of me keeps be facing her and stroking her hand mumbling condolences in her ear.

"I- I can't. I have to st-stop." She lays her head back on the folded blanket and is breathing really heavily.

She should be at a hospital with oxygen and probably in a c-section for how small her stomach is.

The baby is defiantly not healthy.

I'm not a doctor and this isn't a hospital.

She shouldn't even be pregnant in the first place. Her body isn't fit to carry a baby anymore.

"It's okay. Take a break. You can push again at the next contraction." Cara calls calmly.

Mom turns toward me and gives me a weak smile. I give her a weak smile back.

"I love you. So so much." I say tearing up.

None of this should be happening right now.

She should have never of been raped. She shouldn't be pregnant. None of us should be here.

But this is a twisted world with twisted people.

Life sucks but we somehow learn to make the most of it.

She opens her mouth like she's going to reply, but her face changes to a look of pain and she cries out. Her heavy breathing starts up again.

"Tris. Count to ten while she's pushing. Encourage her to do multiple pushes in a row." Cara whisper yells to me.

"Okay mom. Deep breath and push!" I say unsure of what to say to someone in labor.

She closes her eyes tight and takes a deep breath.

I make it to seven and stop counting when she stops pushing.

"Your doing good! Try another! Ready? Push!" I encourage her.

She breaths in, clenches her eyes shut tightly and starts pushing.

I'm so distracted at the task at hand that I don't feel my injured leg and ankle burning. Nor do I feel how tightly she's squeezing my hand. It's nothing compared to what she's going through, so I don't mind. I've had worse anyway...

I get to six when she stops pushing.

"I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS!" She screams out in pain.

"Your doing great mom!" I hear Caleb yell.

I don't take my eyes off of mom. I just keep stroking her hand and mumbling how much I love her in her ear.

"I'm so proud of you, Natalie! Your doing great! Keep going!" Dad yells encouragingly.

"Ready?" I ask.

She shakes her head no. "I don't have a contraction yet." She says so quiet I can barely hear her.

"Okay." I keep stroking her hand.

Probably a few minutes later, her grip on my gets tighter and she shows signs of pain again.

"Ready? Deep breath and push!"

She is sweating like crazy and I wish I had water to put on her forehead or something. David's decision to not give us food or water today wasn't a coincidence. It was definitely intentional.

I get to ten that time and she breaths out a mixed cry heavily.

"Come on Natalie! Your doing great honey!" I hear Dad yell.

She yells out a strangled cry when she stops pushing.

"Good job mom! Try again!"

She starts pushing and I start counting.

I get to ten and she stops with the same sigh, scream, exhale that she's been doing.

"One more?" I ask.

She just starts pushing in reply.

I get to six when she screams out so loudly it takes all I have not to cover my ears.

"I can see the head, Natalie! Don't stop now! Your almost there!" Dad says frantically.

I can tell that my father is like me in this whole situation; he doesn't care that the baby isn't his, just that somehow they are somehow related and he cares for it anyway.

"The best thing you can do is push though it Natalie! Your doing great! Just keep pushing!" Cara yells over.

"I-I- I can't do it! I can't!" She sobs.

"Yes you can. You can do anything. You were Dauntless once too you know." I whisper to her and kiss her sweaty forehead.

"Yeah, but that was like thirty years ago... and I wasn't born Dauntless, I'm from outside the fence sweetheart."

"Which means that your way stronger than the rest of us. You can do this. Okay?" I say quickly not leaving her a chance to argue.

She sighs and slowly nods.

"Ready?"

"Not like I have really a choice..." She chuckles a little.

That's my mother. Trying to be calm and calm everyone else in the worst case scenario.

She takes a deep breath and I start counting yet again.

I get to seven.

"Oh my God. Oh my God." She starts freaking out.

I hear everyone start encouraging her, but I don't know if the noise is helping her any. I just keep my focus on her and calming her down.

"Mom. Mom? Can you hear me?!"

Still mumbling things, she nods.

"It's okay. Shh. It's okay. It's okay. Calm down. You gotta push and get the baby out. Then this will all be over." I say stroking the top of her hand with my thumb.

She stops mumbling but doesn't move or nod or start to push.

"You can do it. I know you can. We all do. I love you, so so much."

She nods and takes another breath showing me she's going to push again.

I start counting...

As I count I hear Dad yelling, "Keep going! The head is almost out!"

I get to nine when Caleb yells out "There's the head, Mom!"

My mind drifts for a second and I question why he's even watching...

Well... I guess he's going to be a father pretty soon too. Better be prepared than not... maybe...? But I mean this is his mother of all people and--

"Take a breather for a second if you want, Natalie." Cara yells.

"I don't like this. I want to push. NOW." She says almost panicking again.

"Okay. Okay. Ready, push."

I don't bother to count because I don't see the need anymore. Once she gets the shoulders, she's done, so why bother?

She's making huge progress and the baby is coming out fast.

"Oh no. Oh God. Oh no. Oh no. Oh God no! Ahh!" She cries out.

"Your going so great! Your almost done! Keep it up!" I say.

She starts pushing again.

The shoulders are so close but she's just so weak that she can't get them out.

"Come on mom! Harder! Your almost there! Harder!" I try to encourage her.

"I'M PUSHING AS HARD A-" She starts to scream but then breathes out.

I look down and see just as I had guessed:

The baby is out.

A/N-

Hi humans!

Well, I go back to school tomorrow so the updates are going to probably be slower because January and February are both pretty busy months for me.

I had failed my big math test before break, so I'm going to be staying after school probably for that even though I totally understand algebra and I was just having a bad morning when I took the test.

Then at the last week of January into the first week of February I am going on a vacation with my family. I'm going to have to do work for school before and after that, so I'll be busy. I would type and work on this on the plane or when I had spare time... But none of my family knows about my fangirl life or my wattpad account and they probably wouldn't be happy about it so I don't want to risk loosing my account because of it...

Sorry for those partial rants^^

I promise you that I will update when I can! I haven't forgotten about any of you and I <4 you all!

5.04k reads!

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1K 22
"I can't wait to hug you," I whisper, barely audible, but he hears me. "Me either, babygirl. Me either." I put my hand against the screen and he lif...
153K 3.1K 53
Tris has just finished her initiation. She's having a hard time getting used to all the dauntless. But mostly, having a hard time in her new relation...
Tris Prior By AJ

Fanfiction

266K 6.5K 54
"Will he save her?" // 1/3 books :) // CAUTION: Explicit Content
93.3K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...