Omnia Vincit Amor

By twosetandbubbletea

"Love conquers all things." Brett Yang is a valued prodigy violinist and writer. Well-known as an indifferent... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII. (interlude, semi-nsfw)
XIII.
XIV. (nsfw)
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII. (semi-nsfw)
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII. (nsfw)
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII. (nsfw)
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV. (nsfw)
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVIII.
XLIX.
L.
Epilogue
Author's Note and New Books

XLVII.

323 19 3
By twosetandbubbletea

"Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit." -Tibullus

Credulous hope supports our life, and always says that tomorrow will be better.

"Brett, please wake up..." Eddy whispered, running his hands through Brett's hair.

"Shhh, we could still sleep... We have nothing to do today..." Brett said sleepily, nearing his body to the warmth that was Eddy.

"We should get up and make breakfast for Pyotr and everyone else. I am sure they would appreciate it..." Eddy coaxed, slightly moving away from Brett in order to wake him up.

"I would appreciate it if we stayed a little longer in bed... I would give you whatever you want here." Brett said, copying Eddy's tone.

Eddy was about to give in when Brett was caressing his arm but he shook himself out of the spell that Brett was creating.

"As tempting as that sounds, I would like to do something nice for Pyotr and everyone else..." Eddy said, getting up completely and removing himself off of Brett's embrace.

Eddy pulled the blanket off of Brett's body. Brett groaned and tried to pull the blanket back on his body but failed. Eddy held his hand out for Brett to take and Brett sat up and gave in. He stood up and stole a hug from Eddy.

Eddy felt his heart grow soft at the gesture and wrapped the blanket around Brett's shoulders. Brett removed his arms from Eddy's torso and wrapped himself in the blanket but his head never left Eddy's chest.

"Stop being adorable, love, we have to cook." Eddy demanded but no bite behind the words.

"Please grab my glasses and wear it in my face..." Brett requested and Eddy followed.

They both lazily walk to the kitchen and prepare. Thankfully, no one was awake yet so they could cook. Brett was sitting on the dining chair as Eddy was trying eggs.

"Love, you know that I might burn this house down if I cook..." Eddy warned, looking at Brett's relaxed state.

"You would not. I will watch you, darling. Just carry on..." Brett said, standing up to go next to Eddy.

Eddy prepared breakfast with Brett's guidance. He (surprisingly) did not burn anything. Brett was still wrapped up in their blanket.

"You really look adorable, love..." Eddy spoke softly, looking at Brett with so much love and longing.

"Do not care call me adorable, darling... I am fifty-six, thank you very much." Brett said as he pinched Eddy's cheek.

"Whether you are sixteen or fifty-six, you will always be adorable, my Brett..." Eddy said, kissing Brett's forehead.

"You flatter me too much, my beloved. I might not make it past seventy if you do that daily..." Brett said, resting his warming cheek on Eddy's shoulder.

"So what if you do not? As long as we do not make it past seventy together, we will be alright..." Eddy said, pulling Brett closer to him.

They were basking at the moment until they heard a very familiar voice.

"Not in front of the food, boys. I would not want to eat breakfast with ants..." Pyotr said with a chuckle as he rubbed his eyes.

"Shush, Pyotr... Let us have our moment." Brett said as he moved closer to Eddy.

"Always so lazy, Kotik. I am willing to bet my entire life savings on the fact that Eddy probably dragged you out of bed." Pyotr said, smirking at Brett.

"You are not wrong, I give you that..." Brett said with defeat. "Eddy, Pyotr's harassing me..." Brett added, dragging his y and looking up at Eddy.

"No... I kind off agree with Pyotr. Sorry, love..." Eddy said, laughing lightly as he looked down in Brett's eyes.

"Tsk, you really want to run away with Pyotr so you could confess your love and make love every night..." Brett joked back, kissing Eddy's cheek.

They all sat down as Davydov and Modest entered the dining room, ready to eat breakfast. The atmosphere around them was light and lovely. The sun was shining bright and it was a moderately cold morning so the warmth of the sun was very welcoming.

Their conversations were filled with laughs, smiles, gentle and informative exchanges. It was exactly how Tchaikovsky felt when he is with them. This was his family and he cannot help but feel amazing.

After the breakfast, they were all at the living room. Brett and Pyotr were to play the violin concerto that he had composed for Brett. Brett was giving it his all so that Pyotr will remember the legacy of his concerto. It was amazing how music can transcend a lot of things and circumstances.

The moment that the piece ended, everyone applauded. It was a very exceptional concerto and no other man could compose something as grand and as beautiful as that. Brett was just happy that it was dedicated to him.

"Pyotr, brother dear, how come you do not talk about a love in your life?" Modest asked, looking at his brother with pure curiosity.

Pyotr eyed Vladimir Davydov with a question and the man just blinked at him. They were ready to tell Modest. He understood what it might mean to love someone of the same sex.

"You will not judge us if I tell you who I really am with?" Pyotr inquired, looking at Modest.

"You know I have no room to judge you for I am like you, too..." Modest said quietly.

Brett and Eddy looked at the scene unfold quietly. Davydov was calm and even Pyotr. Modest was just expecting an answer from Pyotr.

"I am with in love with Davydov, Modya..." Pyotr spilled, the silence fell across the room.

"Well, does he love you back?" Modest asked after a while.

"I told him that he does not have to love me back. I am contented with just loving him without return..." Pyotr said, diverting the attention from Davydov to him.

"That is some martyrdom there, Pyotr..." Modest said sadly, looking at his brother.

"It is not martyrdom because I love him, Modya... I just do not want to tie down such a young and promising man..." Pyotr admitted, looking at the floor in shame.

"No need to be ashamed, Pyotr... I know that you love him. I have been there before." Modest said as he hugged Pyotr.

Brett and Eddy held hands as Davydov looked at Pyotr with so much guilt and so much longing. He did not give the man false hope for he will not be able to fulfill it. Davydov knew where he stood and he did not try to cross it.

Still, Davydov stayed quiet. He could not love the man the same way the man loved him. It would be unfair if he had strung him along and use it to his advantage. He really looked up to his uncle.

Modest and Pyotr were talking alone as they sat on the piano bench, hushed and light were their conversation. Dave just observed, unable to say anything. He just wanted to listen.

Brett and Eddy stayed quiet, too. They wanted the moment for the family to sort it out and they left it be. They were family but they had their own affairs. Carefully, the couple made their way back to their rooms so that they could give the three privacy.

When they were in the safe haven if their bedroom, Eddy was immediately kissed by soft lips. His lover was holding him gently and kissing him ever gentler than his touch. Eddy's heart was soaring, even if he had Brett's company for so many years now.

Brett pulled away and Eddy asked him what the kiss was for.

"I am just glad to be able to love you, beloved mine." Brett said breathlessly, kissing Eddy's hands.

"Is this about what we saw with Pyotr a while ago?" Eddy asked again.

"A little... I just feel bad because Pyotr was not able to find a love like ours." Brett said, his voice empty.

Eddy looked at Brett's eyes and cupped his cheeks. Brett looked back, tears threatening to spill.

"Lover of mine, I guarantee you. In Pyotr's next life, he will be happy with a man that loves him more than he could ever love the man." Eddy promised, planting a kiss on Brett's forehead. "He will never have a happy ending in this life but I believe that whatever is set for him out there, it will be irreplaceable. It will be greater than the life that he had ever lived." Eddy added, caressing the apples or Brett's cheek.

"I know..." Brett said as he laid them down, Eddy holding him so close to his chest, his warm body present.

"Let me hold you close, lover. Tell me all the things that make you restless for I will be your rest. It cannot always be you who is saving me. Not when you need it, too." Eddy said, holding Brett tighter.

"Beloved mine, I will always be your rest, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 963 48
"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man that he had to be with. It was his soul...
26.3K 1.4K 105
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...
9.7K 498 18
🎹❤️🎻 Brett is a quiet, antisocial 17 year old student who discovers a talent for music. However, at times, his life makes him hard to dream. Until...
105K 2.3K 73
You don't kiss your best friend on the neck and have them weak by the time it's over. It's funny like that, isn't it? You do all these things and I a...