Omnia Vincit Amor

By twosetandbubbletea

"Love conquers all things." Brett Yang is a valued prodigy violinist and writer. Well-known as an indifferent... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII. (interlude, semi-nsfw)
XIII.
XIV. (nsfw)
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII. (semi-nsfw)
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII. (nsfw)
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII. (nsfw)
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIV. (nsfw)
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX.
L.
Epilogue
Author's Note and New Books

XXXIII.

371 22 20
By twosetandbubbletea

"Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem." -Horace

Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even.

It turned out that the path Brett chose for himself was a good one full of opportunities and contentment. It has been ten years since he left his hometown in order to go to Vienna as a soloist. Brett chose to ditch his real name back home and known in Vienna as Yosef Kotek. The people close to him only knows his real name. It was ideal for starting over.

He was now thirty-five, an accomplished violin soloist, a musician with a stable and more than enough income to support his family, and a writer in the making. Brett was also given a chance to write novel but he did not publish it under his real name.

He had used the nom de plume, Edward Franz. A tribute to the love of his heart and his first nephew. Yes, it has been ten years since he had left his hometown but he was still in love with Edward Chen. Yes, he was in love still even if he does not know what Eddy's life and appearance was like now.

The novel was about an unnamed narrator and the love of their heart. It was quite a tragic story since the love was never requited but it gave everyone hope. It gave everyone hope that love is the greatest teacher if you let it teach you a lifelong lesson to carry with you until your deathbed.

It taught everyone that you could get back up from any pain you had experienced beforehand. It had taught everyone what unconditional love is. It had taught everyone that there is healing after the pain.

He was just glad that he was given an opportunity to work on a novel and to be one with music constantly.

He got up from his bed and looked at a letter he had received from his brother. It just came in today and it was dated two weeks ago.

September 12, 1875

Dearest old brother,

This is quite abrupt but as soon as you have read my letter, please pack up and go back home as soon as possible. Papa is almost dying, he needs to talk to you and see you one more time before he comes to mama. He requested that I send you a letter while he was still not too weakened. He still needs to say important things to you.

I will explain further when you go home, just hurry back here. And please go immediately to my house. I love you and have a safe travel!

Your dearest brother,

Alexander Yang

Brett did as he was told after asking permission from his patrons. He was not expecting any of this but he did come as soon as he can. He went straight to Alexander's home.

He need not care if he was exhausted nor sleepy, he just needed to see his father now. Brett was greeted at the door by Belle and Franz. He kissed them both on the cheek as a greeting and silently went to the room where their father was staying at.

He carefully kneeled down beside the bed where their father was lying down one. He was covered in a thick blanket and he looked pale, weak and his hair was now completely gray.

"Brett, is that you?" Papa Yang asked, voice raspy and weak. It came out like a whisper but it was now barely audible.

"Yes papa, I am here. You can tell me anything you want to." Brett coaxed, tears welling up his eyes. Brett did not want to see his father to see him cry.

"I am proud of you, Brett Yang. You have done great things. I have read the novel you wrote and it was beautiful. You really do have a way with words. Your mother was right." He said, pausing to take a deep breath. "I do not need to tell you to take care of your brother because I know that you will. He is also capable of taking care of himself. Do not worry too much. I will feel no pain nor misery anymore. I will be with your mother soon."

Brett held his father's hand and smiled.

"I accept your entirety and I love you son, no matter how bad the world is, you should not bring yourself down. You are perfect just the way you are and I love you so much, Brett Yang." Papa Yang said, closing his eyes with the last word.

That was the moment that Brett broke into tears. His father was gone.

- - - - -

The funeral was painful for the brothers. It was filled with relatives, family friends and other people that has been close to their father. A lot of people were mourning the lost of Adam Yang. He was a great man and the siblings could not agree more.

The funeral was a blur for Alexander and Brett. Alexander had given a few words before Papa Yang was to be buried. Brett could not say anything so he played the same piece he had played for his mother's funeral.

It was the second movement of Mendelssohn's violin concerto.

Alexander broke down to tears as Belle held him close. Other family members cried even more due to the raw emotion of Brett's playing. Brett had tears dripping down his cheeks. Even Edward and Irene Chen were tearing up.

They all knew that he was a good man who had vices. He was still a good man, nonetheless. Vices that become habits do not define the man.

When Adam Yang was buried along side of Belinda Yang, everyone gave their condolences to Alexander and Brett and left the cemetery. Who stayed with them is Belle, Franz, Eddy and Irene. After awhile, Irene gave her condolences and told Eddy he would wait in the carriage.

Belle, Franz and Alexander had gone to the carriage and rode back home because the weather was not good for Franz. Brett hugged them and told them that he would just follow along them. He just wanted to stay there for a while. Eddy had stayed back with Brett, too.

Brett sat down on the ground before him, clutching his violin case to his chest and Eddy followed suit. He was sitting down on the ground next to Brett and no words was spoken.

Eddy was the first one to break the silence.

"Deepest condolences from my heart, Brett. I am so sorry for your lost. I knew how much he meant to you..." Eddy said bravely, sympathy in the tone of his voice.

"It is fine. It was bound to happen, anyway. At least papa and mama are now together and they do not feel pain anymore." Brett said quietly. "Congratulations with the children, by the way. Belle had mentioned that you already have three..." Brett added, trying to lighten the conversation.

"Yes... My oldest son is named George and he is nine years old. My second daughter is named Jade and she is seven years old. My third son is Sebastian and he is now four years old..." Eddy said fondly, smiling at the thought of his children.

"It seems like being a father had bought good on you. You look happy and amazing!" Brett complimented.

"I love my kids with all my heart. How about you any wife or children?" Eddy asked quietly.

"Unfortunately, I do not have a family. I still am a soloist. Most of the time I am in Vienna but there are occasions where I travel around Europe from time to time... What about you?"

"Still a local soloist. I just cannot leave this town. It is almost a part of me and besides, I cannot leave my children alone in the care of Irene only. I want them to grow up with a father by their side all the time."

"That is good..."

Eddy stood up and offered his hand out to make Brett stand up, too. Brett refused and still sat down on the ground.

"It is okay, Eddy. You can go now, Irene and your kids are waiting for you. I will just stay here for a while and let everything absorb..."

"Yes... I will go now. Goodbye..."

"Goodbye..."

Eddy walked away and Brett felt like he could breathe again. He pressed his palm against his beating heart and took a sharp exhale. He was correct about Eddy.

Eddy looked older now, his choice in clothes is more mature now, his posture is more confident now, his voice was different and his body was different, too. Yet his eyes were still the same... But it is not what Brett had known before. Who knows, maybe it was a sign of maturity.

Brett thought he was over this unrequited love of his. It seems that ten years is not enough to disintegrate the unconditional love he still feels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.8K 22
Twoset Violin's Brett and Eddy Fanfiction. ❤️🎻 Ten years after a trip to the beach, that changed the violinists relationship for ever, Brett and Edd...
30.4K 1.6K 118
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...
264K 8K 126
For a while now, Eddy has been feeling things for his best friend he ought not to. He's keeping it under wraps, though. Brett's his best friend, h...
10K 516 18
🎹❤️🎻 Brett is a quiet, antisocial 17 year old student who discovers a talent for music. However, at times, his life makes him hard to dream. Until...