Nothing, But A Number

By JohnsonDreamer

PSA: THIS IS A STORY ABOUT A BLACK BROWN SKIN GIRL! THE MAIN CHARACTER IS BLACK! (There isn't a picture of th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter tweleve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three

Chapter thriry-five

8.7K 385 399
By JohnsonDreamer

————-
Picture of Nicolás
———————
For those of you who have already read this chapter, you do not have to read it again. I just changed a word that I thought meant something in Spanish, but wasn't.
——————————————-
Don't forget to comment and vote!
————————————

We have been a good two weeks in so far with our break up, and it's making me a little uneasy. This guy G Herbo has been all over the media hyping Shannon up, which is whatever because at the end of the day she is famous. But what's messing with me is the fact that she is commenting up under the post all flirtatiously.

Now, I don't know if she is doing this out of spite or if she really might have a thing for this guy, but I do know that I'm a little pissed that I deleted those numbers and stuff. Because if Shannon does decide to not be with me then I'm going back to the streets.

Lately my jealousy has been spiking, and I know the guys can tell; causing them to be a little shocked. Hell even I'm shocked, I've never been the jealous type in my life, until I met Shannon. Apart of me is just like fuck it she's over me obviously, just let it go. You took a major L this time around, if another comes along then you'll do better. But the other part is like, no, fuck that. Be toxic and controlling, she's yours at the end of the day.

Now that right there 'she's yours at the end of the day.' The thought of me even thinking that in my head scares me to the fullest. Because I've never had the need nor have I ever thought like that in my life. So the fact that I have a crazy ass side to me is mind blowing. I mean have you ever thought of something and be like...

'woah there... where did that come from?... cause that's not right or that's a little suspect.'

Cause the shit I've been thinking of lately has me thinking that. Jealousy is a dangerous emotion man, and I can all the way vouch for that. All I have to say is if my dad was anything like this to my mom then, I'm sorry mum.

Right now it's night time and I'm laying on my couch scrolling through social media, while Daniel is sitting in the chair eating a bowl of cereal and watching TV. Joshua is in the kitchen making us all a smoothie.

"So have you found out anymore about this whole Shannon and G Herbo situation?" Joshua asks, bringing me my smoothie.

"No." I sigh, sitting up.

Then my phone rings. Looking at it I see it's Story.

S: Hi Lulu! I miss youuuuu!!

Hearing that made me smile.

L: "Hey princess, I miss you too. How are you?"

S: "I'm gooood. How are you?"

L: "I'm doing fine, what are you doing?"

S: "Nothing, just sitting at Nicky's house waiting for him to get ready."

Nicky?
. . .
Oh, her father.

L: "Oh really? What are you guys going to do?"

S: "We are going out to lunch and then to the movies."

L: "Oh alright, where is your mum?"

S: "She went to go do this interview thing. Actually she should be on the radio now, but I'm not allowed to watch it."

Oh really now...

"Hey is that Story?" Daniel asks.

I just nod.

"Ask her about Shannon and the guy." he says.

I just shake my head.

"Come on, how else are we going to get answers!" Joshua butts in.

I just roll my eyes.

S: "Lulu! Are you still there?!"

L: "Yes, princess."

. . .

L: "Hey, I have a question." I say, looking over at the guys.

S: "Yeah..."

L: "You know that guy your mummy has been seen with lately?"

S: "You mean the meanie that ate my rainbow pop tart when I was over my papas house?"

I guess...

L: "Uhhh... yeah? I guess so."

S: "Oh. Well then let's not speak of him because I don't like him."

L: "Well princess I would like to know something about him, that I think you would know the answer to it."

S: *dramatic sigh* "fineeeee."

L: "Is he and mummy together?"

S: "WHAT?!" she screams in my ear. "I would hope not! If so I would be very mad! He ate my pop tart for pete sakes! Plus I thought you and mommy was together."

L: "Oh, well... me and mummy are, but it's complicated. Do you know if him and your mummy are close like how me and her are?"

S: "Oh, well no. He told me before he had a crush on mommy, but I told him no. He is not allowed to like my mommy because he ate my pop tart. Since then mommy doesn't really talk nor bring him around like that because she knows I don't like him."

Well that's good... I guess.

L: "Well alright princess. Thank you."

S: "No problem, but Nicky is coming downstairs. Byeeeee!!!! I love you!"

L: "Bye princess and I love you too."

With that she hung up the phone.

"Well?" Daniel asks.

"Well, I know for sure that Story strongly dislikes  him and that him and Shannon aren't as close as me and her are. So I'm going to guess they are just friends for the moment. Also apparently Shannon is about to be on a talk show so I'm about to google and see which one so I can listen in. Because nine times out of ten they are going to ask about her and him." I answer, typing away on my phone.

Nicolás's POV

"So where are we going to eat at Nicky?" Story asks, once I strap her in.

"I was thinking this little cafe that just opened up." I answer, closing the door.

Last night Story and Shannon landed in from California. I asked Shannon a couple weeks before Story's birthday if she could come and spend a week with me. Shannon said yeah and that she'll spend her last four or five days with me. I know I haven't been much of a father to mi hija, but I'm trying.

It's kind of a shame about how me and Shannon didn't work out, but what can I say. A few years back when I went to go get my vasectomy done, they found out I had cancer, lung to be exact. Around that time me and Shannon was both struggling as a couple and as separate individuals. So I didn't have much money to get all the treatments done, so I just got the ones I could afford. No, I didn't tell Shannon nor my family because for one I didn't see the reason too and two it would just add stress. At the time Shannon was also trying to take care of Story.

Apart of the reason why I fought so much in keeping Story away from me is because I didn't want to grow attached to her, if I was just going to end up leaving anyway. But I didn't find out until late about how fucked up my thinking was.

The year Shannon took off in the entertainment industry is when my cancer supposedly went away. Now it's back and the doctor gave me a good six months give or take. This time around I'm not getting any treatments done because one they're hell to go through, and two I feel like this is the only way to repent for the sins I have done.

The only sad thing is, I don't see myself making it to six months. It's already month three and my body is becoming too weak and my hair is starting to fall out again. If anything I give my self until the middle of next month to be hospitalized.

Throughout my time in trying to go down the right path, I made a very good living for myself. So everything I have earned legally will all go to Story in her name, for it to be her's. I am not sad like most would be in my situation, I have accepted and come to terms with things. Now I just leave everything in God's hands.

"Cariño, ¿sigues practicando tu español?" I ask, glancing at Story through the rear view mirror.
(Sweetheart, are you still practicing your Spanish?)

"Si, Nicky." she responds.

She's always been a bright one. Reminds me of her mother.

"Puedes hablar en español todavía?" I ask, turning the the corner.
(Can you speak in Spanish yet?)

"No... ahhh... un poco... umm... entender." she says, trying to form a sentence.
(No, a little bit. Understand)

"I think I said that right." she says.

"You're doing great just keep practicing it. Do you and mamma speak it around the house?" I ask, trying to find a parking spot.

"Yes we do, but only at home. When we speak it outside is when we want to have a private conversation around people." she says, as I park the car.

Helping Story out the car and holding her hand to cross the road, we enter the small dining establishment.

"Nicky, can we eat by the big window?" she asks, tugging on my arm.

"Yeah, anything you want." I answer.

Walking over I lift her up so she can sit at the high cafe tables. Once we get situated there is already two menus at our seat. Looking through it together we decided what we want to eat. After we order we just sit there and talk about any and everything, even throughout our eating time.

At the end of our lunch I will say that Story is one hell of a talker. She talked about what she did the past two weeks, how schooling is different where she lived, her friend Jacob, tennis, gymnastics, Dante, Lucas, and Lucas's friends.

"Sweetheart, I see that you are wearing my old high school locket." I say, pointing out the small gold locket around her neck.

"Oh yes, I found it casa de la abuela. In your old room. Abuela said I can have it, you don't mind do you?" she asks, looking at me. "Abuela also said that this was very special to you, so it only made me want it more."
(Grandma house)

"No, I don't mind sweetheart." I answer, smiling lightly. "You know that locket, holds a lot of memories." I say, letting the good memories flood in.

"Yeah, cause momma got it for you right!" she says, getting jittery.

"That and because only good things happened when I wore it." I answered.

"Nicky, may I ask you a question." she asks, fiddling with her fingers.

"Si." I answer, eating a fry.

"I-I know you are my dad and all, and I really do love you, b-but I also want Lulu to be my dad as well."

I see where this is going.

"I-I just wanted to know if I can call Lulu my dad too?" she asks, looking up at me.

In all honesty I knew this day would come. I've heard nothing, but good things about this Lucas guy and Story seems to be very fond of him. Yes, it does hurt that she wants to call another man father, but I only have myself to blame for that. Despite my excuses I still could have put my own personal problems aside and took care of my own daughter. But when finding out I had cancer I just pushed everyone away. I just wanted to cut all ties so when I left it would be a little less painful.

"If he is okay with it and your mom is okay with it I'm fine with it. Whatever makes you happy." I say, feeling a tinge of pain in my heart.

"Really?!" she says, excitedly.

I just nod with a smile.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!" she says, happily. "Come here papá so I can give you a hug." she says, stretching her arms out.

I get up from my seat to go hug her. She immediately clings to me when I pick her up, so she can bury herself in my neck.

"Oh I love you so much Nicky!!" she says, kissing my cheek repeatedly.

"I love you too bebé." I say, holding her tight. "Story, you have to promise me though. No matter what you will always look after mommy for me."

"I will Nicky." she says, holding me.

Well at least when I leave she'll have a father figure to look up to.

Lucas's POV

Right now me and the boys are watching Shannon's interview off of YouTube because that's where it's being streamed from. And guess whose there with her... G Herbo and some other guy.

"Ay Ay ay, we got G Herbo, lil Durk, and Ms. Shannon Jackson in the house this afternoon." the interviewer says.

"Yurrr." G herbo says.

"What's good." Lil Durk says.

"Heyyy." Shannon says.

"Yeah, my name G Herbo..."

"He like nasty bitches." Shannon chimes into her mic.

"And I like classy bitches." he says, winking at Shannon.

"And apparently lil' face ashy bitches too." she says, laughing into the mic.

He just laughs.

"Ouu, do I see a little love connect going on?" the host asks.

"If you do it's only being given off from one end." Shannon speaks.

"Oh wowwwwww." G Herbo says.

"Why you gotta do a brother like that?" the host speaks, with amusement laced.

"What, I'm just saying." she says, smiling.

"Steven, it's really hard out here for a playa." G Herbo, chimes in.

"Boy, shut up. You know I ain't got nun, but love for ya ass." Shannon says, playfully dismissing him.

"Alright, why don't we start off by talking about any new projects with you Durk." the host says, changing subjects.

Me and the boys sit here watching intently, no one making a sound or a move. I don't think we've ever been so still in our lives. Apart of me is pissed because Shannon is doing nothing, but flirting with G Herbo. The other part of me is upset that my chances of me and Shannon being back together have lowered, and it's noticeable. With it being noticeable and the little comments Shannon's been making on air, there is now an elephant in the room.

So far it's been thirty minutes in and they've been switching from topic to topic. I will say the jokes that have been cracked or the playful freestyles they've been doing are funny, but no one here has laughed. The guys have a serious look on their faces while watching this live feed, but I can't tell what their thinking. I'm to the point now where I want to turn it off or just walk away to go to my room.

At the end of the day I'm just like is there really even a point anymore?

"Shannon, I see you have your nails done. Where did you get them done at?" the guy asks.

"Oh I got these done awhile ago by my nail tech. To be honest I need a infill in, cause it's been weeks." she says, looking at her nails.

"What's the black 'L' on the middle finger stand for? The font looks dope." the guy, lil Durk asks.

"Lu—." she catches herself and starts to cough.

She was about to say my name!

The guys then whip their heads to me.

In all honesty I didn't think much of it when I saw her nails like that, before things went down. All I knew is that she asked for one of my favorite colors, and I said purple.

"Mm." she says, hitting her chest. "Sorry about that. I choked on my own saliva there. The 'L', it stands for my daughter's middle name." she covers.

"You sure? Because I could have sworn I heard a 'Lu' earlier." the host says.

"Yeah, I'm sure. No one else at the moment has the privilege of me representing them." she says, letting her left hand cover her right.

I can't believe this... she had MY initial... MY initial on her damn hand the whole time, and I didn't even know!

I was told that you are special when a girl asks what color you want her to wear on her nails, but a whole initial?! I just know that must mean something powerful.

"Oh." he says.

And then the topic switches and the conversations continue.

"Are—" Daniel starts.

"Sh!" me and Joshua yell.

"So now before we sign off, I really want to know something Shannon."

"What's up?" she asks.

"Why won't you give my man G Herbo here a chance? I know you've seen your fans and his blow up over the whole caught in Greece thing."

"If Imma keep it real with you, I'm just not feelin' him like that." she answers.

"Why? Is there someone else?"

"Maybe, maybe not. It's still undecided at the moment. Look Herbo, I rock with you heavy. Music and all, we even grew up together so we got a connection. But the way I'm set up right now, as much as I hate the shit with a passion. I'm stuck on someone, who I'm having trouble with letting go.

So let's say if we was to start messing right now, my head wouldn't be on right and I'll just be using him as a rebound. And he doesn't deserve that as a person, so for all our fans out there. That's why I'm not planning on messing with him at the moment." Shannon answers.

Did she just...

"So what I hear is that I have potential once you get back in ya bag?" G Herbo asks, overlooking everything she just said.

Shannon laughs. "Yes, Herbo. When I get over the person, you'll be the first to know." she answers, sweetly.

Fuck that! I'll be damned.... getting over who?! Sure the hell isn't me!

The way this new level of toxicity is set up, Shannon will most definitely be a dead women walking if she thought.

"Awe, so guys don't give up on the young couple. There is still hope." the host says, into his radio mic.

Nah, give up. Cause if you don't you're just grasping onto false hope.

"Ay, chill out now. The way my situation is setup it'll be a good decade before any type of progress is made." Shannon says.

"Why?" the host asks.

Because... I'm toxic.

"Because the dude I'm trippin' over can be a little toxic and possessive. It ain't gonna be easy letting it set in his head that I'm really not his." she explains.

"Yeo, are you safe?" Lil Durk asks.

"Of course I am. I ain't letting no nigga do some crazy shit to me now. I just attract toxic men."

Alright, I wouldn't say I'm that toxic now.

"Which has me thinking Herbo, are you toxic?" she asks.

"Nahhh, you know me. I ain't wit all that shit, but I do attract toxic females. So I should be asking you Shannon."

She shrugs. "I can be toxic at times, but you ain't gonna make me come out the bag with it. You ain't Nicolás now."

He just laughs.

"Ohhh so little Ms. Goody Goody is toxic now." the host says.

She laughs. "I've always been toxic, it ain't no secret now."

"So you got levels to your shit like my girl does?" Lil Durk asks.

"Most definitely! Get me in the right mood I'll be on my Eminem shit real quick." she answers.

"I'm weak, she gonna go white boy crazy on you." the host laughs.

"You cute and all, but ion think I can handle you now. The last thing I need is a female version of Eminem, let alone with her being a black version." Lil Durk says.

"You right, you shouldn't be handling me in the first place. You have a girl remember." she says.

He just throws his hands up in surrender.

"It's still a mystery til this day on how Nicolás ever handled you." G Herbo says, shaking his head smiling.

"It ain't no secret. His ass just as crazy as me." she says.

"Y'all was on your Kim and Eminem shit back then, huh?" the host asks, still laughing.

"Sho was, but I would say we were a little bit more reckless." she answers.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?!

"Welp, we will know what happened to Lucas if he ever goes missing after fucking around with Shannon again." Joshua says, getting up from his seat.

Shut the hell up.

"I just hope you can match her energy when the time comes or I do see you being dead." Daniel says, eating chips now.

I can already see how a small argument will always blow up into something big each time.

———————————-

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 4K 37
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»꧁Completed꧂««««««««««««« FINALLY E D I T E D IT'S NO LONGER CRINGY LOL "I was raised like a man because I was taught...
50.4K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
344K 40.1K 55
♡ Editor's Pick 2020 ♡ When Rachel, who had loved her best friend Lucas since she was a little girl, found out he loved her too, she couldn't be any...
1.8K 70 29
Very first story I've ever written so please read and give me feedback if needed please and thank you I wanna make sure this story is great. This sto...