Protection - Sookai

By TatorTotTati

Huening Kai and his half-brother, Jaehyun are living together while Huening Kai goes to school. After a lifet... More

Flash-Forward: New Year's Eve ๐Ÿ’–
Prologue: Childhood ๐Ÿ’”
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
(don't) Answer this please
decision made for last 'chapter'
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Epilogue ๐Ÿ’
Soundtrack - One (why do I make it sound like a movie lmao)
Soundtrack - Two (idk what I'm doing)

Chapter XVIII

498 38 16
By TatorTotTati

Monday - November 4, 2019

"Jaehyun Hyung! Please! Calm down! You don't need to get so aggressive!".

Jaehyun walked towards Huening Kai and landed a hard slap on his face. Huening Kai yelped loudly before falling onto his knees. "Why do I have to punish you to understand the rules!? Huh!?". Jaehyun asked in a angry voice. Huening Kai slowly got onto his feet and looked at Jaehyun with a pleading expression.

"Please d-don't punish m-me Hyung....I w-won't do it a-again.....".

Jaehyun scoffed and then grabbed Huening Kai wrists to slam him against the wall. "You think I'm gonna believe that? You're probably just trying leave me again. Like always!".

"No Hyung! I would never abandon you! You know that!". Huening Kai protested. But Jaehyun didn't even care to pay attention to what he was saying.

"Shut up! You're such a liar!". He landed a hard punch on Huening Kai's jaw, watching as the boy fell onto the ground with tears streaming down his face. "You deserve to be punished for that! Don't deny it!". Jaehyun hissed. He scoffed before kicking Huening Kai in the stomach. The younger yelled in pain, trying to crawl away.

"Hyung please! I'm sorry!".

"Just stop! Shut up! Stop saying sorry! How is that gonna solve anything!?". The older spat. He grabbed a handful of the younger's hair and started to walk to the basement door.

"Hyung please! Don't make me go in there! Please!". Huening Kai cried. Jaehyun didn't listen and right before he was about to push the boy inside the dark room, he stopped.

"Jaehyun Hyung! Please! I'm begging you don't hurt me! Please not now! Please!".

"E-eomma! Please don't hurt me! I'm begging you! I'll do anything to make you stop!". Jaehyun yelled, crying uncontrollably as Hee-young raised the broom in her hand.
"Stop crying! It's so annoying!". Hee-young complained. "Please Eomma! Please don't hurt me now! I can't take it today!". "What makes you think I'd stop for that reason? HUH? YOU BROUGHT THIS TO YOURSELF!". Jaehyun began to scream in pain when Hee-young beat him with the broom.
"Eomma! Please stop! It hurts!". "Just shut your mouth Jaehyun!". The little boy shielded his head as he took every single hit with a gasp or shout. Hee-young continued to be aggressive, ignoring everything and just smiling softly as she stared down at the boy. Jaehyun felt himself getting weaker with each hit and he could barely stay awake now. "Eomma! Stop it! You're going to kill him! Stop!". Jaehyun looked up as he saw Huening Kai try and pull the broom away. "Please stop! Please!!". Jaehyun whimpered softly before closing his eyes and feeling himself go limp.

"Hyung!".

"Jaejae Hyung!".

............

"Jaehyun Hyung!".

Jaehyun gasped softly, finally getting back to reality. "Jaehyun Hyung! Please let me go! Please.....". Jaehyun slowly released his grip on Huening Kai's hair and fell onto his knees, staring at his dongsaeng with guilt. "Come here......it's okay Ningning". Jaehyun brought Huening Kai into his chest and hugged him tightly. "H-hyung?...". "Shhhh.....just go to sleep.....I won't hurt you this time......".

Why couldn't you say that all the time? Why can't you not hurt me as much as you confuse me? It would be all the time. You wouldn't be hurting me all the time. That seems like a nice reality. Huening Kai thought, staring off into the space with a blank face.

|
|
|
|
|I wasn't in the mood anymore to
|make Kai suffer as much👁️👄👁️
|
|
|
|
|

Tuesday - November 5, 2019 🌺

"Soobin. Wake up......come on. You'll be late for school if you keep sleeping".

"Hmmmm.....".

"Soobin ah. Come on. I will pour cold water on you, I swear". San said. Soobin groaned softly, obviously not wanting to get up from bed.

"But I don't wanna Hyung.......I'm too tired...". Soobin mumbled.

"Well what if I told you that Beomgyu is waiting outside for you". Soobin looked up at San with squinted eyes. He sighed, knowing he couldn't keep his best friend waiting.

"Hmm fine....". San nodded, patting Soobin's head before leaving the room. Soobin carefully pulled the sheets off of him, still getting used to how bright and refreshing it was in his room. He slumped out of bed to the bathroom and washed up as needed, he then picked a simple and comfy outfit before grabbing his things and heading downstairs. He stole some fruit as breakfast and just headed out the door, waving goodbye to San. He smiled when he saw Beomgyu waiting.

"Hey Chestnut! You're early today!". He exclaimed.

"Yup! Just felt like it". Beomgyu said. Soobin chuckled and then put his arm around Beomgyu's shoulder, walking them down the sidewalk.

"So how's your morning? Anything new with Yeongyu?".

"Not really. He told me good morning with a heart. We did stay up texting eachother though". Beomgyu answered with a soft smile.

"What did you guys talk about?". Soobin asked. Beomgyu shrugged.

"Nothing much. But damn he makes everything so exciting". Soobin laughed to Beomgyu's comment and nodded.

"You gotta make a move soon. I'm tired of you being so single".

"Why don't you make a move on Huening Kai? You're single too". Beomgyu teased. Soobin chuckled.

"I'll make a move one day". He said.

"One day? Are we sure you haven't already?". Beomgyu asked.

"Nope!". Soobin exclaimed.

"I mean......alright....". Beomgyu murmured, knowing that he was definitely lying.
______________________________________
📚📝📚💤🙄Class Time🙄💤📚📝📚
______________________________________

Soobin's POV

"AHA! I WIN, I WIN, I WIN! IN YOUR FACE HYUNG! YOU CANT BEAT ME!". Huening Kai yelled, throwing his hands in the air as his victory dance. He started to laugh and squeal as I fell onto the floor with a pout and sad cry.
"I was doing so well! How could you just win like that!? Ahhhh!". I shouted. Huening Kai giggled and then grabbed onto my arm. "Its okay Hyung ah! You still get a reward even if you lose!". He exclaimed with a smirk. I raised an eyebrow and then asked, "And what is that my love?". Huening Kai gave me a smile before leaning in. Our faces were inches apart and I expected him to kiss me but nope. Instead he pulled out a ten dollar bill and said, "Some money". I smacked my lips and he burst into a little giggle tantrum. (???lol??) "You're such a teaser!". I yelled before pinning him beneath me with my own weight. "Hyungie! Stop it! You're heavy!". Huening Kai yelled, trying to push me off. I laughed and then spoke calmly. "Give Hyung a kiss and he'll get off". Huening Kai rolled his eyes before pecking my lips softly. I whined loudly. "That's not a kiss!". "You're already getting 10 dollars Hyung!". Huening Kai argued, turning away from me. I whined again, trying to get his attention. Huening Kai made eye contact with me before smiling softly. He wrapped his hands around my neck and pulled me down for a kiss. It was slow and soft as first. But then I decided to go further and enter my tongue into his mouth. Huening Kai nearly choked but didn't resist. I excitedly explored his mouth as he gripped my hair tightly. He whimpered softly when I pulled away and placed a few wet kisses on his jaw. I smiled before flipping our position so now Huening Kai was on my lap. He connected our lips once again and was the one to slip his tongue into my mouth. After a few seconds of kissing, I pulled away for air. "You learn fast". I whispered. Huening Kai giggled before blushing and looking away. I chuckled before hugging my unofficial boyfriend. He immediately hugged me back and we stayed like that for a while.

"Soobin!". A voice yelled. Suddenly I got hit in the head and I immediately snapped out of my daydream.

"Owww! What was that for!?". I asked, rubbing my head to ease the pain. Yeonjun smacked his lips before explaining.

"You were deep in your thoughts and ignoring me! And you were smiling like a huge idiot. So I did the only thing I could do to get your attention".

I sighed softly. "Sorry Hyung. I was just distracted". I said.

"Obviously. You must've been thinking about something with Gyu I'm sure". Yeonjun said, sitting down next to him.

"What do you mean?". I asked.

"You know. You told me he's your crush. That type of smile can only be caused by in love and genuine happiness. So don't be like that bin".

"Oh....". I quietly said, smiling awkwardly while Yeonjun gave me that mocking and weird look friend did when your crush was mentioned. (Idk how to explain that)

"So. On that topic......how have you and Gyu been doing?". Yeonjun asked.

"We're great. Getting closer!". I answered, immediately frowning when Yeonjun looked away.

"How about you and your crush? Anything new? Any names?". I asked.

"First of all, I told you I won't tell you who it is. It's a surprise. And secondly, I think we're fine. We haven't really hung out in a while but that's alright. Classes with him are good". Yeonjun explained, smiling softly. I nodded and then sighed. The conversation had ended but my thoughts hadn't. I feel really bad honestly. Its a little obvious me and Yeonjun have a crush on the same person. But Huening Kai already chose me so......how are we gonna break that to him? We're both lying to him. Even Beomgyu is with his crush on him. Why was love so complicated for everyone?
______________________________________
😶🏠☹️🏠🔪 Home🔪🏠☹️🏠😶
______________________________________

"Hey San Hyung". I softly greeted, closing the front door.

"Heyyy! Soobin! How was school?". San exclaimed.

"Same old same old". I answered, tossing my shoes off. I plopped onto the couch next to San and sighed loudly.

"So uh....what was all that with you and Huening Kai yesterday? Everything alright with you two?". San asked, putting his phone down and facing me.

"We're fine. He just had to get home because of his curfew. But we didn't fight or anything".

"That's good. Any new things in the relationship? Hmm?". San gave me a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"No. We did not get all intimate with eachother yet. You gotta stop asking. We barely french kissed yesterday".

"What??? That's all? Me and Seonghwa have already done it like 3 times! We did it pretty early too". I gave San a disgusted look before trying to shake the images out of my head.

"Omg stop it! I don't need to know that! That's disgusting!". I yelled.

San chuckled before he shrugged. "I'm just sayingggg".

"Why on earth do you want me to do it with Huening Kai so bad? We're barely kids and he's so innocent, pure, and young. A relationship is not all about intimacy".

"Well of course not! I just think that that type of intimacy makes relationships so much more serious and amazing! Plus, when I ask that question. I also mean if you guys have actually asked to be eachother's boyfriend's or meet eachother's family in dinner. I mean, I guess that already happened". San explained. I sighed softly.

"I guess you're right. But we aren't gonna make it official until the festival. Kai told me he's too scared right now and he isn't really in the state of mind I guess to have an official relationship".
I said. San made a confused but concerned look.

"But don't you think thats a little suspicious or....I don't know. A bit unnecessary?". He asked.

"No actually. I agree with his reasons so I would greatly appreciate it if you stop being a nosy Hyung". I answered, smiling somewhat sarcastically.

San rolled his eyes before nodding. "Alright. Fine.....but seriously. If anything happens, come to me first before you tell Eomma and she tells Appa".

"Of course San Hyung". I said before getting up and heading up to my room.

Time Skipppp

Third Person POV
______________________________________

Soobin: Hi flower🙃

My babie Huening 🌺: Hi Hyungie!

Soobin: What are you doing???

My babie Huening 🌺: I just finished eating dinner with Jaehyun Hyung

My babie Huening 🌺: What about you?

Soobin: Nothing much. I'm just missing you a crap ton😓

My babie Huening 🌺: Omg Hyung🥺

Soobin: Muah!😘

My babie Huening 🌺: Omg stop it Soobinnie Hyung🤭

Soobin:

My babie Huening 🌺: did you seriously just use Beomgyu Hyung
as a meme?

Soobin: you know it babe. Now keep the chain going🙈

My babie Huening 🌺:

Soobin:

My babie Huening 🌺:

Soobin:

My babie Huening 🌺:

Soobin: Wow, break the chain with Bang Pd

My babie Huening 🌺: I ran out of good memes of us that weren't insulting
👁️👄👁️

Soobin:

My babie Huening 🌺:

Soobin:

My babie Huening 🌺:

Soobin: I love you so much flower. Like alot alot😵💜💜

My babie Huening 🌺: I love you too Hyungie🥰

Soobin: Can we go on a date tomorrow?🥺

My babie Huening 🌺: I'm sowwy Hyung. But my curfew is 4 now. We won't have anytime to have a full date. Maybe on the weekends😔

Soobin: How am I supposed to water my flower with love and food🗿🗿🗿

My babie Huening 🌺: You don't need to. You existing already does😍💅

Soobin: I love youuuuuuuuu

My babie Huening 🌺: I love you tooooooo good nightt☺️💜

Soobin: I'll pick you up tmr morning okay? I want my secret kiss before school starts!

My babie Huening 🌺: Of course Soobin Hyung!😊

Soobin: sleep well my love!

My babie Huening 🌺: You too!🙃

Soobin: 💜💜💜

My babie Huening 🌺: 💖💖💖

Soobin: 💞💞💞

My babie Huening 🌺: 💕💕💕

Soobin: ❣️❣️❣️

My babie Huening 🌺: 💗💗💗

Soobin: Go to sleep flower!💘

       My babie Huening 🌺: Ok Hyungie!💝
______________________________________

A/N: sorry that this was short and probably not good. I was in a rush and I'm tired lmao. I'm going to sleep in like five minutes I swear. But I love you and thank you for waiting! I'll try to get the next update in faster!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 256 21
"Why did you ask me to come with you?" Beomgyu asked him again with a low voice. It was still questionable for him, they weren't friends. Yeonjun had...
100K 5.4K 57
Soobin is known as the school's angel. Yeonjun is broken...sad. Angel's cure sadness, and that's what Soobin's gonna do. However, Yeonjun doesn't wan...
9.8K 425 24
โžค choi soobin, a young smart student of their university; got to tangle up his situation with an another smart student- choi yeonjun. the two had kep...
19.5K 1K 36
โWell, he clearly noticed my intention to avoid him. I scoffed. Is he trying to boss me around? "Not everyone is willing to follow whatever you say j...