The Chronicles of Narnia: The...

By Anna__Bonanno

It's been 10,000 years since the Last Battle occurred. A new era of Evil has befallen Narnia where a corrupt... More

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1: What Started Out as a Typical Day...
Chapter 2: Five Bodies Fell from the Sky
Chapter 3: Explanations and Chases
Chapter 4: Moving Forward in Hard Times
Chapter 5: The Valiant and The Just
Chapter 6: Unexpected Love
Chapter 7: Princess Ariana Bell and The Phoenix
Chapter 8: Training and Traveling
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Planning
Chapter 11: A King and a Princess
Chapter 12: The First Battle
Chapter 13: The Chase
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: Eliza's Return
Chapter 16: The Kings and Queens of Old
Chapter 17: Silence
Chapter 18: The Sparkling Lady
Chapter 19: Losing Hope
Chapter 20: The Return of the Kings (and Queens)
Chapter 21: Rise
Chapter 22: The Escape
Chapter 23: The White Stag
Chapter 24: Aethereal Madness and Venenatio Rubra
Chapter 25: Don't Let Go
Chapter 26: Awake
Chapter 28: Just a Girl and a Boy
Chapter 29: The Toll
Chapter 30: Anna's Choice
Chapter 31: Adam's Master Plan
Chapter 32: The War to End All Wars
Chapter 33: The Phoenix Rises
Chapter 34: The Victory
Chapter 35: The Old Take Action
Chapter 36: Where to Next?
Chapter 37: The Walk and Talk
Chapter 38: The Kings and Queens of New
Chapter 39: A Royal Ball
Chapter 40: Soulmates
Chapter 41: Leaving Narnia in the Best Hands
Chapter 42: Checks and Balances
Chapter 43: New Limitations
Chapter 44: Zoran's Fear
Chapter 45: The Proposal
Chapter 46: Lessons and Politics
Chapter 47: Clones
Chapter 48: A Cake Tasting
Chapter 49: The Return
Chapter 50: A Drop of Rain
Author's Note

Chapter 27: Penny For Your Thoughts?

18 0 0
By Anna__Bonanno

Ariana's POV

I looked up from where I was sitting on the fence. I saw Aslan sitting next to Anna who was reading a book. They looked like they were having a deep conversation. I went back to sharpening my sword. I wonder what that's all about? I hope it's nothing too bad.

I heard someone come up to the fence near me, "Your grace," said Jackson as he took a bow.

"Oh stop it, Jack. You know how much I hate that," I said laughing

"But your majesty it would be rude not to," I rolled my eyes at him as he jumped up on the fence and took a seat next to me, "You know, you're the only one that calls me Jack,"

"Really? Is that so?"

"Yup it sure is. I like it though, makes me sound less like a kid in a way,"

I scoffed at that, "we're all still kids. Just that, well, some of us had to grow up earlier than most people,"

"I will agree with you on that. None of us expected to be here let alone lead and fight in a war," he looked over to where Anna and Aslan were talking, "What do you reckon is happening over there?"

"I'm not sure. Hopefully nothing too serious. Anna has been through enough as it is. No one wanted or thought that she would endure that much suffering in one month. It's heartbreaking to be honest,"

Jackson just sat there quietly and nodded. We watched Anna get up and walk away with Aslan. Jackson looked like he was lost in time or something. "Penny for your thoughts?"

He turned and looked surprised, "YOU actually know that reference?"

I doubled over laughing at that, "Why yes I do. Though here we say, 'Lion for your thoughts' since that's the currency here. But Anna once mentioned something about pennies in a wishing well. But what's a qu-art-er?"

Jackson shook his head, "It's a type of coin. It makes up ¼ of a dollar. And a dollar is like paper money,"

"Hmm. Interesting. Your world is very strange and yet it is also similar in many ways,"

"Well, I suppose perhaps in a way they are connected. I mean there's the whole clone situation. I mean shot Adam had his own Kpop bands. Plus some of the technology you guys have here is also in our world. I also love how you've incorporated technology with what we call medieval style. It's really cool. So I'd like to think they are connected to,"

"Yeah, I would too," we then sat in peaceful silence until I heard hooves coming up to Jackson and I. I turned and saw that it was Duralgias.

"Your grace and my lord, Aslan has called everyone to the conference tent,"

"What is it about? I'm not in the mood to talk about politics or start discussing what happens after the war,"

"No my lady. It's umm... it's about our next move against Adam"

"What? So soon? Anna hasn't even recovered?" said a very surprised Jackson

"Apparently it was her idea,"

I guess this is why they were meeting together. "Duralgias please ride back and tell them I'll be there in a second. I'm going to walk back with Jac-- I mean Captain LeBelle. Tell them to go ahead and start without me,"

Duralgias rolled his eyes and then nodded. We hopped off the fence and walked toward the main tents. "What was that about?"

"Duralgias thinks that I should maintain professionalism with you guys. Something about things will change when and if I become queen and show favour. I don't know but it's dumb,"

"That is dumb. You're like a really good friend. I lov- like hanging out with you. Now let's go find out what's going on,"

"Yes. Shall we?" He offered me his arm and I took it as we walked to the meeting together.

Once we reached the tent we found everyone waiting for Jackson and I. The Kings and Queens of old were all sitting down around the table. Edmund was staring at Anna who was avoiding his gaze as well as Patrick's. I wonder what's going on there? I thought to myself. Zoran was sitting in a chair and Ray was on his lap, the other generals we scattered around the room. Amos got up and offered me his seat as there were no more. I nodded thanks to him. Aslan then entered the room and the chit chat that was happening ceased.

"Thank you all for coming. Now as you know by now, Anna has returned with some information from the castle. Anna,"

"Thank you, Aslan. Now first and foremost, Adam doesn't know shit. I told him nothing despite the amount of torture and pain I went through. So we still have the--"

"And we thank you, Anna, for not telling him anything. It means a lot,"

She nodded and then kept going as if it didn't mean anything to her, "As I was saying, we still have the advantage over Adam. He doesn't know about all of us nor the Phoenix. Though he is going to be pissed when he finds out I was right underneath his fingertips. Anyway, the problem is that Adam has built a machine that can drain the magic from anybody and be turned into energy," she paused and looked down, "Princess Natalie died to get this information to me. I'm forever in her debt for saving my life and that information,"

There were several gasps and murmurs around the room. But to me, the world fell silent and cold. Like the light had been drained out of it. I turned and felt a single teardrop from my face. I could hear Amos trying to get my attention but all I could do was look at Jackson begging for some sort of support. He was in much shock as I was. I looked back at Anna who looked so apologetic but at that particular moment, I was furious, "Why? Why on earth would you withhold that information?"

"Ariana please calm down. It wasn't Anna's fault. You have to under--"

I slammed my hands on the table, "Are you fucking serious right now? I had a RIGHT to know about this as soon as possible!!! If it was Zoran that died, do you think I would have withheld that information?!? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be mad?"

"BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A FUCKING COMA!!" yelled Amos which shocked everyone in the tent to silence. "Look, Ariana, Anna was in a coma for at least a week and she woke up yesterday. So you can't blame her for withholding information that she did share with you at her earliest convenience. So suck it up buttercup,"

Everyone looked at each other, then at Anna, and then at me. Anna spoke first, "Ariana, I'm sorry. I thought it would be for the best to wait and tell you. And frankly, I didn't know how to tell you. I thought this was the easiest way,"

"It's ok," I sighed. "If you need a second then please feel free to take it. But we need to continue this meeting,"

"No no. Please continue," Why is she acting as if nothing happened? Was it that bad that she wants to forget about it?

"Anyway, because of the weapon we can no longer attack at the castle. Well, we can but it would be an actual mistake. There's no advantage for us there. So Aslan and I have decided to challenge him to total warfare. That basically means we will send a messenger to challenge Adam, from there we will pick a location, preferably an open field. The terms of the agreement are that the loser will total surrender to the other, while the winner takes the crown and becomes the rightful ruler. Someone will have to fight Adam and that some will be--"

"Me," I said with full confidence, "Me. I will fight Adam,"

"Umm actually no. As I am the phoenix, Aslan and I thought it would be better if I take the fight. Also, you won't even be at the battle,"

"WHAT!?! First, you don't tell me about Nat, THEN you tell me I can't fight for my crown, AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING I CAN'T EVEN BE THERE?!?!?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, that's what I'm telling you. You can be mad and all at me but it is for your own safety,"

I slammed my hand on the table, took a sharp breath, and gave Anna a death glare. "I'm done. If you're gonna do this then fine. But I'm NOT staying for this nonsense. It's ridiculous. I'm leaving," I said while suddenly standing up.

"Ariana, don't. Please stay. I know you don't want you hea--"

"DON'T!!! Just don't!!" I left the tent on my way out I heard Anna mumble 'fuck,'

I went straight for the stables. I was prepping my horse, Gatsby champagne coloured mare with white hair, to go on a ride. "Don't try and sneak up on me Jack. I know it's you. Come out of the shadows,"

"I wasn't planning on hiding. I was getting Jethro. I'm coming with you,"

"No, you're not. I want to be alone Jack," I said while biting back tears

"Just let me go to keep you company, ok? Like a bodyguard, I won't even say anything,"

"Ok. But just only because I think Anna might kill me if I didn't get a bodyguard," he nodded and we headed out.

We had been riding for about an hour now, at first we were galloping then we reached the lake and our horses were now walking side by side to each other. It was silent between us. Why does he care so much? It's not like...

My thoughts were interrupted by Jackson, "Lion or a penny for your thoughts?"

I laughed at that. "That's not going to work this time,"

"Awe a guy can try though, but seriously, what's wrong? You look really upset? Do you need to talk about it?"

"Well besides the fact my baby sister is dead, I was just thinking,"

"Thinking about what exactly?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Why do you care about me? I don't understand why you do. You barely know me,"

He thought for a second, "My god Ariana... can't you see?"

"See what?"

"God damn it Ariana! I care about you because I like youuuu... yeah because I like you. I have since I've gotten to know you more and spent more time with you,"

I stared at him with wide eyes, I stuttered, "Yo-u yo-u what?"

"I like you. You're kind, patient, and incredibly beautiful. So yeah I like you. You don't have to like me back because you're a princess and I'm a nobo-" I cut him off with a kiss

"I don't care what your status is. You became my friend and then something more. You're my rock and I never want that to change," I whispered to him. He smiled and we rode back together, holding hands. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 2.5K 15
(Human!Aslan x OC) Elizabeth Pevensie is the eldest sister of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie. She was 20 when World War II struck her hometo...
2.6K 32 15
1300 years after they are first called, the Pevensies are brought back to the land they once ruled over. A group of pirates who had journeyed throug...
368K 12.3K 38
♕ Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund ♕ "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "I cannot possibly be the one the prophec...
61.1K 1.5K 52
Her mother was one of the few who still believed Aslan would return. Her father and even her brother didn't believe much anymore... And even after h...