Kissing My Ex ✔

Por ChelseaKFree

Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care a... Más

Author's Note
Character Banners
Story Playlist
1)Can't F*cking Wait
3)Only Doing it Once
4)Taking One for the Team
5)Motorcycle Riding Models
6)Bad Timing
7)Tipsy Lexi
8)I'll Haunt Your Ass
9)Stupid Sh*t for Good Reasons
10)Friends
11)Just The Four Of Us
12)Fish and Frostbite
13)Creating a Monster
14)Studmuffin
15)No Doubt In His Abilities
16)Wound Tight
17)The Promise of Bloodshed
18)Nauseating PDA
19)A Permanent Mark
20)Drunken Words, Sober Thoughts
21) Heart-Stopping Offers
22) Ground Rules
23)A Helpful Touch
24)Enjoy The Moment
25)The Hideaway
26)Who are you?
27)Shattered and Sliced
28)The Party Planning Committee
29)Birthday Dinner
30)Kidnapped
31)Surprise Party
32)Perfect Explosions
33)Firepower
34)Trust Issues
35)The Gauntlet
36)Let Me Keep You
37)Just Do it
38)Damn Good Look
39)Truths and Apologies
40)Thanksgiving Drama
41)Possessive
42)Good Men
43)The Setup
44)Spelling It Out
45)Close Call
46)Locker Room Confession
47)A Show of Power
48)Love, Leverage, & Loose Ends
AN & Future Plans

2)Teenage Tetris

30.4K 724 766
Por ChelseaKFree

"Well, good morning warrior princess," Caleb chuckles as I walk across my lawn to his truck. "A bit more leather than usual, huh?"

As I open the passenger door, he gives my chosen look a closer once over. His forest green eyes travel from my long chocolate brown hair, pulled into a high ponytail, to my white tank top and leather jacket, and finally, my black leggings and leather knee-high boots.

Okay, so maybe it's a lot of leather. But I feel strong in it. Like someone who can look danger in the eye and no matter how hot that danger may be, yell "Screw off, asshole!"

Or I could just walk away. Not even bother to give him a second look.

Whichever works better.

"I was out of chainmail." I shrug before sliding in and shutting the door.

"Damn, I hate when that happens." He snaps his fingers, a boyish smile filling his face.

I attempt to smile back but it's strained. Nerves are already getting the best of me. My growling stomach can attest to that since I skipped breakfast, afraid I wouldn't be able to keep the soggy cereal down.

Caleb seems to understand my anxiety-driven behavior and drives off towards school.

He and Marcel are the only two with working cars. Ava has her license but her mom rarely ever lets her drive her BMW, so the guys take turns giving us rides back and forth to school. I don't want them to feel like they're obligated to drive us around, but they never complain. Hopefully, it won't be for much longer though. I've been saving every penny for the last two years, and when my eighteenth birthday hits soon, Mom said she'd match what I have so I can get a car of my own.

That day can't come soon enough.

"Rough night?" Caleb asks, finally breaking the silence.

I nod. "Worst sleep of my life."

No joke, I slept like shit. All night I tossed and turned. When I finally could fall asleep I'd have dreams of heated kisses and fingers leaving a trail of fire across my skin. I gave up around five in the morning, my body sticky with sweat and hair glued to my face. It wasn't a good look.

We stop at a red light and Caleb glances over, chewing on his bottom lip like he's thinking carefully on what to say next. "Bad dreams?"

"Something like that."

"Lex," he sighs as the light turns green. "If you need someone to talk to, you know I'm always here. Right?"

I drag my eyes from the window to look at him. His attention now on the road but his shoulders and neck are rigid with tension.

You're being selfish again, Lexi.

"Yeah." I nod. "And you can always talk to me too."

A small smile graces his lips but it's enough for me to know he got the message. Even if neither of us wants to take each other up on the offer, at least we know we can if we need to.

The parking lot of Freecaster High School is insanely packed. Kids bustle around the two-story brick building, trying to make their ways to the doors without running each other over. It reminds me of the chaos I witnessed when my mom forced me to go Black Friday shopping with her one year. Only instead of greedy old ladies looking to catch a deal, we got cranky kids, overwhelmed with the crazy task of navigating a new school and a crowd of bodies.

"Oh, this looks like fun," Caleb mumbles, forced to drive two miles an hour just to avoid turning someone into a pancake.

I look around, trying to catch a glimpse of Marcel's silver jeep. "Think they made it yet?"

"Doubt it." Caleb scoffs. "It takes Ava an hour just to pick out her shoes."

True.

We inch along while Caleb watches one side and I watch the other until finally, something catches my eye.

"Look, over there." I point to the dancing figure in the distance.

Three rows away, parked close to the building is Marcel's jeep. The only reason I even saw it was due to Marcel standing up through his sunroof and dancing around like a mad man. He waves us over and we slowly make our way towards the front row. What we find when we get there is hilarious.

In the empty spot next to Marcel's jeep is Ava, sitting in a lawn chair and reading a magazine. Other cars pass by, honking their horns and flipping her off. I have no idea if she's even paying attention to them with the sunglasses over her eyes. With a pop of her chewing gum, she flips a page. Her foot bouncing the entire time to the beat of the music coming from Marcel's car stereo.

Caleb rolls his window down as we get closer. "Ava, get the hell up!"

"Who said this spot is for you?" she blows a bubble and quickly pops it.

"So, you're not gonna give me the spot? Just keep your ass parked there all day?" Caleb calls back.

Ava lays her magazine on her lap and tips her head down to look at him from over her sunglasses. "What you should be asking yourself is what're you gonna give me for it, cutie?"

"Very funny, A." Marcel jumps out of his jeep. "Get outta the way before we're late to first period."

With a martyr sigh, she rolls her eyes as she gets up from the chair. "You guys are so unappreciative. If it weren't for me, they'd be parking around the block."

Marcel chuckles while folding up the chair and throwing it in his trunk.

We finally park and get out, meeting up with our parking lot saviors.

"This shit is crazy," Ava comments while we walk through the crowd.

Every few steps we bump into someone but surprisingly it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I guess the traffic jam of cars in the parking lot just makes it feel cram-packed.

"Seriously!" Ava shouts as a guy bumps into her and steps on her foot.

Okay, so maybe it's still pretty crowded. But it could be worse.

Caleb crosses over to stand by Ava, blocking anyone from crushing our short friend. "Let's get in..."

The sound of an earth-shaking rumble cuts Caleb off mid-sentence. I look up expecting to see clouds above our heads but the sky is clear.

"What is that?" I yell, my eyes darting around.

Marcel's face drops. "Motorcycles!"

The people filling the parking lot start to part like the Red Sea. Some even go as far as darting behind parked cars. It's like a storm is coming and everyone's running for cover.

Glancing over at Ava, I can already see the sparks of curious mischief dancing in her eyes.

We gotta get her out of here.

Grabbing her arm, I steer for the entrance. "Come on guys. Let's get going."

"Boo, you're no fun," Ava whines from behind me.

I stop in my tracks, her words freezing me in place like I've just been dunked in an ice bath.

"I can be fun."

Ava smiles, that same mischief twisting her lips. "I know. You've just been a little...reserved lately."

Reserved? What the fuck does that mean?

"You two can talk inside. Come on." Caleb urges us along.

Just as we reach the doors, I glance over my shoulder. Through the empty spaces between each frazzled kid, I see several motorcycles pull up. Squinting my eyes, I try to get a better look but it's no use. Another group barrels towards us, pushing me the rest of the way and blocking my view.

Once inside, I try to stay close to my friends, but it's a difficult task. The crowd moves us along the halls, bodies bumping into me, pushing me against the lockers. With each person that runs into me, my mind can't help but wonder, is this him? Is this the moment I finally see his face after all these years? Would he even recognize me? Would I recognize him?

Lost in my mind, I get separated. I search the backs of heads as I move forward, hoping to spot Caleb's golden hair, Ava's perfect curls, or Marcel's Batman beanie he wore today.

Just great. So even if I do run into the walking nightmare that is Jace Hall, I'll be completely alone in a sea full of kids who could care less.

Someone wanna help me out? No? Okay, didn't think so.

The tension in the air is so thick. Freecaster kids watch the West County kids like one would watch a rabid dog in the streets. Trying their best not to get too close but keeping an eye out for any sign of aggression. Our school's aren't exactly rivals but aren't friends either. Everyone knows of West County's reputation and having them here is clearly putting a lot of people on edge.

The West County kids try to ignore the looks they're getting but you can see the irritation in their eyes or the stiff way they walk. The few that seem young and smaller keep their heads down, hoping not to draw attention to themselves.

Poor things.

All I can do is hope that everyone will just get used to each other over time. If they don't, this whole school year is gonna be a complete nightmare.

With a sigh I continue wandering to the end of the hall, hugging the green lockers lining the walls as I inch along. Maybe if I stay small and close to the edges I can make it to my own locker without incident. But of course, I hit a traffic jam. Every kid at the end of the hall is at a complete standstill.

"Excuse me." I try to wiggle through, unsuccessfully.

I blow out an exasperated breath and cross my arms while I try to figure out this puzzle. It's like Tetris but with teenagers. All I have to do is figure out the perfect spot where I'll fit.

I consider slipping through the small space between a couple in the middle of a full-blown make-out session when a hand reaches out and grabs my arm. It yanks and pulls me through the wall of students. I pop out the other side and fall into Caleb's arms, his brilliant smile shining down on me.

"Lost?"

With a small smile, I shake my head and step back. "Not anymore. Thanks for fishing me out."

"Best catch of the day if you ask me." He throws an arm around my shoulders and guides me forward.

That's Caleb for you. Always so sweet without even trying.

We've made it to the area that houses our lockers. It's the best spot on campus, situated within a large circular common area in the center of the school. The walls are covered with multicolored posters for different school events and a wide winding staircase sits in the center, leading up to the second floor. It's spacious, making the mass of students feel less imposing.

Caleb opens his locker while I open mine right next to him. Further down from him, Ava and Marcel are dumping their crap into their own lockers. A crackle comes over the crappy intercom system before the principal's voice booms overhead.

"Good morning students and faculty." Her voice pauses like she's reading from a piece of paper. "As you should all know by now, the students from West County Highschool are joining us as new members of the F.H.S. family. I hope everyone acts like the well mannered young adults I know you are and welcomes your new classmates with open arms. Do what you can to lend a hand, and help them get settled in. For our Seniors assigned a locker buddy, please come to the office to meet and escort them to their new locker. Thank you for your patience while we all adjust to these new circumstances. Go Falcons!"

"Ra, ra, school spirit." Caleb groans with his head in his locker.

I stifle a laugh as our principal's words sink in. "What the hell is a locker buddy?"

Caleb pops out of his locker with knitted brows. "It was in the email."

With wide eyes, I shake my head and wave my hand for him to go on, because obviously, I still haven't had a chance to talk to my mom about this supposed email. Hours at the hospital have been hell. By the time I got home last night, she was already in bed and was gone before I woke up this morning. 

Caleb rolls his eyes but can't hide the smile on his lips. "Turns out the school doesn't have enough lockers for everyone. So, they had the brilliant idea to force most of the seniors to share and set an example for the younger students. The email told you if you were one of the lucky ones to share and the name of your new roomie."

"How do they not have enough lockers?" I scoff. "This place is huge."

Caleb gives me a look that says I should already know the answer but sighs when it becomes clear that I don't. "Remember how they tore down that dark ass hall outside the gym to add a second weight room two years ago?"

I nod.

"Well, that's where our extra lockers went. You can thank Coach Reed."

Shit.

"Who'd you get?" Not that I know many people from West County.

"No one," a cheesy smile fills his face. "I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to share."

I arch a brow hopefully. "Maybe I got lucky too."

He shrugs, before diving back into his locker. "Might wanna go to the office and check."

With a sigh, I shut my locker and rest my forehead against the cold metal. I don't wanna go to the office. Call it childish, but I don't wanna share. What if I get some chick who brings her entire makeup kit to school every day? Or a football player who has to carry their jockstrap back and forth to school because the boy's locker room doesn't have enough space?

I cringe at that last option, already imagining the smell of body odor and ball sweat on all my books. Ew!

"Hey, Lexi," a familiar voice greets from behind me, erasing all images of stinky jocks.

Turning around, I come face to face with Derek Miller. Yes, the same Derek Ava was feeling sorry for last night.

It's not that I don't like him. We've been spending time with each other for almost a year. Going to parties, to the movies, or just cuddling on my couch, and since I haven't been a virgin since the douche canoe, taking things to the physical level didn't feel like such a big deal. Until the next day when I'm torn with guilt from the sappy look in Derek's eyes.

No matter which way I try to spin it in my mind, I know he wants to get serious and...I don't.

Why ruin a good thing with labels and promises no one ever intends to keep?

"Hey, Derek." I smile and turn around for a quick hug.

Letting me step back, his eyes take me in from head to toe, clearly liking what he sees. Not that I'm conceited but I know that look. It's hard to miss.

Trying to be less obvious than him, I admire his looks as well. A slender face and rounded jaw, frame strong cheekbones, and hooded dark brown eyes. He's not much taller than me which normally would be an issue, I have a weakness for towering guys, but with Derek, I don't mind. Plus it helps that his body is toned from years of playing football.

If someone could hear the thoughts in my head, I imagine they'd assume I'm vain or only interested in looks. But let's be real. Attraction is a big factor, and yes, there are other ways to be attracted to someone. That's why Derek's the total package. Below his good looks is a straight-A student and a member of the student council.

Yet despite all of that, the idea of actually dating freaks me out. Like committing to Derek would be...wrong somehow. Just thinking about it makes my stomach sink.

"You feeling alright?" he asks, snapping me back from my dreaded thoughts.

A half-assed smile wavers on my lips. "Of course. Couldn't be better."

Lies.

"In that case," his voice drops to a tone that would melt the panties off even the most experienced girl. "The bell doesn't ring for another fifteen minutes. You wanna go talk somewhere private?"

Caleb spins around next to me and narrows his eyes at Derek. "The bell rings in five minutes. You lost your watch or something, lover boy?"

"School pushed it back so the newbies can figure out where to go," Derek replies without sparring Caleb so much as a glance.

"Whatever," Caleb mumbles and shuts his locker.

"Okay, where should we go then?" I answer Derek's original question. "Privacy options are kinda limited don't you think?"

Without missing a beat he points to the janitor's closet on the other side of my locker.

"Very funny. They keep those locked."

His smile widens as he holds up a set of keys. "It pays to be the principal's son."

Derek's hand grips my waist as he pins me against a dusty shelf, his lips traveling along my neck. "God, Lexi. You smell so good."

"Thanks." A breathy giggle releases from my lips as he nips my collar bone.

It's been a while since Derek and I have had some alone time. If it weren't for us being in a nasty closet that smells and tastes like bleach, I'd actually consider taking things further.

However, our surroundings don't seem to be bothering Derek one bit. His fingers dig into the skin of my hip while his other hand snakes up my shirt to cup my breast.

"You're so fucking sexy, Lex. I can't wait to be inside you."

His dirty talking skills could use some help.

Wait...does he think...

I place my hands on his chest and lightly push him away. "We're not having sex right now."

"Why not?" His eyes narrow, clearly confused, and maybe even a little irritated.

"Because we're at school, and my friends are right outside the door."

"There were a million people outside the door when we hooked up at that party a couple weeks ago. You sure as hell didn't hold back then. What's the difference?"

The accusing town in his voice reminds me of Ava's earlier comment. Is that what she meant about being reserved? Am I holding back?

I shake my head, not wanting to think about it right now. This isn't the time or the place for questioning life decisions, even if those decisions are unintentional.

"It's just different, okay?"

He huffs. "How about after school then? My place will be empty."

Sure, 'cause the irritation on your face right now is such a turn on.

"I don't know." I shrug and turn around to grab my stuff. "I'll have to see how much homework I have first."

His hands wrap around my waist as he presses his front to my back. "I'll make it worth your while," he whispers into my ear. "I've been known to be a generous study buddy, but you know that already. Don't you?"

I have to give him points for trying. Derek knows the right things to say, even if they aren't always accurate.

Generous would be trying to make me feel as good as he does when we're having sex. Doing what he could to bring me to that blissful release. So far, he hasn't been able to do that, and yes, it's definitely from lack of trying.

Derek gets his and then he's done. Forget the seductive promises that spill from his lips as things get hot and heavy. All of those fly out the window the second those final tremors leave his body and he rolls over.

It's not all bad. He knows how to make a girl feel good, he just can't finish the job. At least, not for me.

Spinning around in his arms, I face him and plant a lingering kiss on his lips. "We'll see." I glance down at his jean tent. "You might wanna fix that before you leave."

As I walk out of the closet, I spare a glance back at Derek in time to see him adjusting the bulge in his pants.

That's gonna take him a minute.

Shutting the door behind me, I turn around and quickly stop in my tracks, preventing myself from running into the back of some dude Caleb is talking to. Unable to help myself, my eyes scan the newcomer while I have the advantage of going unnoticed.

His built, six-foot-something frame towers over me. Thanks to the tight black tee Mr. Mystery is wearing, I get a good view of a firm muscular back leading up to broad shoulders. Two ink-covered arms hang down by his sides, the array of art traveling as far as his knuckles. The amount of tattoos is impressive for someone of high school age.

He must have very easy-going parents or got those from someone with no tattoo license and no worries about getting in trouble.

Adding to his look is chestnut brown hair buzzed on all sides with a little bit of shaggy length on top. This guy is hot, there are no doubts about that, and I haven't even seen his face yet.

Oh, God. What if he looks like a bulldog?

That would be such a shame.

Then again, who am I kidding? What this guy looks like shouldn't make any difference to me. I have...something, with Derek.

Damn, that sounds unconvincing even to me.

I release a deep sigh and Caleb's eyes dart to look at me, just now noticing me standing here. His eyes grow wide as he mouths the word "shit" and shakes his head. What happens next is like watching a very sexy sports car crashing into a cement wall at a hundred miles an hour.

Mr. Mystery turns around, locking deep blue eyes with mine. "Well, look who it is."

Crash!

That voice...oh god, I know that voice!

My stomach drops and twists at the sound of that husky baritone. I knew I wasn't lucky enough to avoid this, but knowing that and experiencing it first hand are two very different things. My mind fills with so many different emotions; pain, excitement, betrayal, lust, and finally, anger.

That's the one I settle on as I cross my arms below my chest because at the end of the day, it feels better to be angry than it does to be hurt.

His lips tilt into a crooked smirk that used to make me feel weak in the knees. "Hey, Alexis," he drawls while his eyes greedily take me in from top to bottom. With a lick of his lips, he adds, "Damn it's good to see you again."

I cock an eyebrow at him. "Hi, Jace." Doing as he did to me, I give him a quick once over and wince. "Sorry I can't say the same."

💋____________________________________💋

Double update!

I have to say, its nice already having a lot of material for this book. It makes writing faster and posting just as fast.

So, what do you think of chapter 2?

Any opinions about Derek? What's your first impression of Jace? Do you think having so many new students will cause any issues?

Let me know what you think in the comments and if you enjoyed the read, please hit that star button!

Chapter 3 should be here very soon, but until it is, I'll be posting a small teaser on my Instagram. So check it out! 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

22.6K 663 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
1K 157 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
194K 4K 37
Guardians of Freecaster High #2 While most senior girls only have to worry about graduation and prom, Lexi Young has her hands full with helping her...
2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...