The Narnian Prophecy » Narnia...

Von mocha_rice0

(Book 1)[COMPLETED] (Characters aged up: Edmund and reader are 15) Y/n L/n is the granddaughter of Professor... Mehr

The Narnian Prophecy
Meeting the Pevensies
Hide and Seek
I Think I Believe You Now
Why, Edmund?
Back In Narnia
Beaver
The Witch's Castle
The Summer Witch
Mr. Fox
Father Christmas
Aslan's Camp
Edmund is Back
Aslan's Death
The Battle
Our Coronation
A New Narnia
Dragons
A Masquerade Ball
A Bet of Gold Coins
A Dance at Midnight
Alliance Reunion
Midnight Orchid
Our Wedding Day
The Pirate Queen
Unexpected Addition
Duels and Nightmares
We're Back?
Home
The Sequel is Up!
New Book?

Chore Day in Cair Paravel

14.7K 453 270
Von mocha_rice0

(Image not mine)

(One Year Later)

Y/N'S POV

Today was the first day of the month, meaning I had the day off. Which is why I was quite annoyed when Susan came barging into my room before dawn with a sleepy Lucy trailing behind her.

"Rise and shine, Y/n," she flung the covers off of me, "We've got a busy day ahead of us."

"How dare you," I grumbled and shoved my head under my pillow.

"Susan's making us clean," Lucy slumped over to the side of my bed, holding a shawl around her. "All of Cair Paravel."

"Excuse me?" I peeked out at Susan, "We're doing what?"

"Cleaning," She put her hands on her hips and I noticed she was wearing pants and a blouse for the first time in years. "Get dressed quickly and meet me in the throne room, I'll go get the boys."

She flew out of the room, her shoes clicking against the stone floor. I pulled myself up and into a sitting position and looked at Lucy with tired eyes.

She chuckled, "I'll grab you some clothes, you handle that mess on top of your head."

"Thanks, Lu," I yawned.

---

"Susan, I don't think this is necessary." Peter stumbled into the throne room after Edmund, wearing a blanket as a cape.

"It surely is." She stood in front of the five thrones and gave us a determined look, "Never once have any of you done any chores in our four years here in Narnia."

Four years? Already?

"We all strive to be understanding rulers, right? And to do that we need to do things that royalty wouldn't normally do."

"Like cleaning the entire palace?" Edmund questioned.

"Grand idea, Ed." She beamed, "As such, I have prepared each of you a list of chores to finish by the end of the day."

Susan retrieved four scrolls of paper from her throne and tossed one to each of us. I caught mine and immediately groaned. This thing was long and I didn't look forward to opening it.

"Go on," She urged.

Reluctantly, we opened our scrolls and looked down at the long list of chores that each of us had to do. Get rid of cobwebs in the throne room? Polish the grand table? Trim terrace bushes? The list when on and on.

"Clean the stained glass window?!" Lucy cried, "I can't do that on my own."

"That's why a few others will help you when needed." She gestured to the line of Narnians that had noiselessly come up behind us. "But I told them not to assist you when you can do it on your own."

"Where are your chores?" Peter cried.

"Here," She held up her scroll that was hidden behind her back. "Now get going."

---

EDMUND'S POV

Never try scrubbing the floors of the hall with your feet, it doesn't end well. I thought that I could tie the brushes to my feet and glide around the soapy floor like I would when ice skating, but it's a lot harder to stop. This resulted in me flying around the palace in a bubbly mess, trying to avoid any people in the halls, and barreling into the throne room once again.

"Ed, what are you doing?!" I looked up to see Y/n on a tall ladder, cleaning out the cobwebs on the ceiling.

Instead of answering I just continued to scream and skate uncontrollably towards her.

"Stop, stop, stop!" She gripped onto her ladder tighter just before I collided into it, knocking it over.

"Ed!" She cried frantically.

Now that I was on my knees and I could control my movements, I leaped forward to catch her just before she hit the ground. Her limbs were spread out awkwardly from her wild fall and the broom she used to collect cobwebs was still clutched close to her body.

"Sorry," I grinned.

She glared at me before swiftly whacking my face with the dirty end of the broom. "I nearly had a heart attack!"

"Sorry," I apologized again.

"Hey!" We looked up to Lucy standing in the doorway, "No slacking, lovebirds!"

I chuckled and slid Y/n off of me while she made a face at Lucy. After the young girl left, Y/n stood in front of the ladder after I took the brushes off my feet and pouted.

"Sorry, again," I leaned forward to place a light kiss on her cheek, pulling back to admire her flustered face.

"Well, now I can't be angry at you." She grumbled while turning away to climb the ladder.

Laughing under my breath, I left the large room to go clean the rest of the halls.

---

LUCY'S POV

"Please, Mr. Beaver?" I pleaded to the small animal.

"No way, I won't get fish for a week." He tried to waddle away but I stepped in his path.

"It's just one branch."

He sighed and looked over to the large branch that hung over part of the terrace. It was my job to cut it down but I couldn't swing the ax hard enough, so I had turned to Beaver for help.

"If we get caught, you owe me double the amount of fish that Mrs. Beaver keeps away from me." He held out his tiny paw.

"Deal," I grinned and shook it before he leaped onto the railing and began chewing away.

I stood in front of the window so that no one from inside would be able to see him if they walked by. I guess that's a bit suspicious given the fact that I should be cleaning and not just standing around. Susan ran past me at one point but she looked preoccupied with a couple of rats she and a tiger were trying to herd out the doors. Before I knew it, Mr. Beaver had chewed through almost the entire branch, leaving a little bit so that I could kick it off the terrace and anyone below would think that I chopped it down.

"Thank you, I'll bring you a couple of fish as a tip later." I joked and he scampered off the meet Mrs. Beaver.

Once he was gone I made sure there was no one below the terrace before stomping hard on the branch. The last inch broke off and I kicked it once more, sending it tumbling down the side of the cliff. Satisfied with my work, I brushed my hands off and turned to walk back inside but yelped when I came face to face with a splinter-covered Peter.

"Beaver did it," I quickly said, knowing that those splinters came from the bits of wood Beaver cut away. He must've been standing a level below the terrace.

"Oh, I know." He frowned, "And I won't tell if you get these out."

I looked down at the splinters littering his upper body and cringed. "Let me go get the tweezers."

---

SUSAN'S POV

For some reason, I had accidentally assigned everyone to clean the ballroom at the same time, so each of us was in there doing different things and getting in each other's way. Edmund was in charge of thoroughly cleaning the many marble statues, Y/n was scrubbing the floor, Peter was dusting off the heavy banners, Lucy was restocking the candles in all of the light fixtures, and I was wiping all the large windows.

Something cold and wet suddenly splattered onto the back of my neck and dripped down my back. I whirled around to see Y/n on the floor holding a wet towel.

"Oops," She smirked.

I gasped and shoved my own towel into my bucket of water before throwing it at her face. Y/n yelped and fell backward, knocking over her bucket and sending water spilling across the floor, making Edmund slip as he stepped back from one of the statues.

"Y/n!" He shouted.

"It was Susan!" She defended and splashed some water in his face for blaming her.

He gaped and shook his wet hair out before throwing his dirty cloth at her. Just when I thought they had forgotten about me, a cold splash of water fell over my head and soaked my clothes.

"Peter!" I scolded as he ran back towards Lucy with my bucket. She had beckoned some fauns over with more buckets of water.

"That's not fair!" Y/n cried.

"Oreius!" Edmund called over our military specialist, "What's the plan of action?"

The centaur chuckled but called over some more Narnians with buckets and towels. Y/n blew into her pipes and threw up a small barrier made of bushes, separating us from Peter and Lucy who had also called in some reinforcements.

"We can replicate archers by throwing wet towels over our barrier," He suggested.

Were we seriously doing this? We just cleaned! But before I could argue a wave of water flew over our wall and doused our entire team, followed by a giggle and the sound of multiple hooves running away. Okay, we were doing this.

---

"I'm telling you, we won." Peter insisted while glaring at Y/n as she slurped down her soup.

"Nuh-uh," She swallowed, "We took out more than half of your guys."

"How?! It's water!"

"Either way, we won." She smirked.

"Stop bickering and eat your food," I glared at them.

"Yes, mum." Peter laughed.

-Sorry, this chapter was so random, you would think I would have written something good given how long it took me to upload. This was a filler chapter until the next one, so that's why it's so boring. I had a different idea for this chapter and had already written half of it when I decided it didn't go with the overall feeling I wanted this fanfic to have so I deleted it lol. The next chapter will be one of the long ones so hopefully, that will make up for how short this one was. Thanks for reading!-

-Mocha

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

5.1K 78 101
Welcome back to a new book for Requested Stories! Book Two will retain the same rules, but this time you are allowed to request private stories that...
137K 4.2K 15
"I like the way you taste." "What are you a vampire?" "Would you feel better if I was?" "No." | A story in which Min Yoogni is a pretty stripper and...
40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
97.3K 5.1K 31
"Will you just shut up" !!!!! I shouted loudly turning towards her ,she was literally getting on my nerves now "Don't you dare shout...