[Book 2] What If

Od enaganda

What if life has given us another chance at love? What if all those hurtful memories are just but a dream? Wi... Viac

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 21

299 17 3
Od enaganda

For today, Ellie had decided to have an art session with Nicole for their morning bonding activity. She had bought two sets of painting kits for beginners for the both of them to use. Lea had already left them as she lets her daughter spend time alone with the young woman. 

The two then stayed at the outside pavilion where they let out their inner artistic talents while enjoying a lemonade under the morning shine. 

Nicole has been trying to draw images of herself and her friends from the cast of Matilda play she was in before. She tried to copy the exact color and design of their costumes. As the kid notices how focused and silent her Ate El is while working on her own canvas, Nix tries to peek in. 

"Ate El, what are you drawing?"

The young woman just smiled as she continued sketching. "Try to guess."

Nix tried to look at it closely and looked at the face of her 'older sister'. "Is it me?"

Ellie laughed and confirmed the teenager's guess. Ellie had been sketching the image of the kid beside her. It was a silhouette of Nicole sketching with her own painting set. Though it's still on its outline form, the kid already knows that El's work would turn out great. 

"Wow. It's my first time being drawn by somebody else."

"Then, I'll give it to you after we're done. So you'll have a souvenir."

"Really? Thank you ate El!" The kid kissed her on the cheeks as a sign of thanks. Nicole is such a really sweet child, Ellie thought. 

"Is there anything you can't do ate?" The kid asked with curiosity. She had known for this woman to be talented in many forms. Ellie had showcased her greatness when it comes to music and literature. Her ate is also an intelligent person. She had come to replace Lea as her tutor when it comes to her school lessons. Even in being a gamer, El proves her dominance in being good at the games she's playing with Nicole and her mother.

"Hmm, let me think.. Oh! I don't know how to ride a bike." Nix just looked up to her with a smile.

"I can't ride either. Because I don't have one. Dad asked me to choose one between a skateboard and a bike. But I chose skateboard instead." 

"Well, if that's the case, would you like to go on a biking activity next time?" the idea sparked excitement over the kid. She had always been looking forward with her time spent with El as she enjoys all the activities and things the latter prepares for when they're together.

"I'd love to ate! But we don't have a bike and we both don't know how to ride one.."

"That's fine. I'll buy them and look for someone who can teach us both how to ride." El pats Nicole's head as she sees the anticipation on the kid's eyes. Just like Nicole, she is an only child and was unable to enjoy having a sibling bonding so now she treasures all the time she spends with the teenager. 

----------

After a while, Ellie's phone beeped as she sees a notification on her phone screen. It was a message from Renan Ferrer.

"Hey, I've heard from Bobbi.."

"Yo. Yeah, about Kayla's vacant role?"

"Uh-hmm. I know this is not my place to say, but I hope you'll take on the role. The team needs you."

Ellie just stared blankly at her phone for a few minutes as she thinks of a good reply for the text message.

Nicole noticed her Ate staring at her phone as she briefly stopped painting her art.

"Are you okay ate El?"

"Oh. Yeah. Someone from work just texted me."

"Oohh. I thought it was one of your suitors." the kid laughed as she teases Ellie.

"Haha. You crazy kid. Nothing of that sort."

With that, El finally composed a reply and had it sent to the man.

"See you on Monday. ✌🏻"

Renan's eyes widen as he reads Ellie's reply twice in a row now.
He couldn't believe that Bobbi would really be able to convince their writer to act out Kayla's role.

He could not hide his excitement as he'll be working closely with El starting Monday up until the showing of their musical play.

He immediately called on his friend Mikki to tell on the good news.
The woman just congratulated him for getting another step closer to the girl of his dreams. She also shared the excitement of working together with Ellie as she had heard positive feedback from those who had known the talented woman from the voice and from the movie crew.

Renan continues to smile while lying down on his own bed thinking of how he would start his conversation with Ellie two days from now.

------------------

When Nicole got home, she rushed to show her parents the artworks she has brought from their activity earlier that day.

The couple were so amazed with how their daughter was depicted in one of the canvas. They knew it was Ellie who created that work as Nicole is not yet capable of such good art.

"Did El made this for you?" Rob Chien asked his daughter as he hands over the canvas to his wife for her to see.

"Yes daddy. She also promised me that we'll learn how to bike next time. Ate El said she'd be calling you guys to ask for permission."

The couple smiled upon hearing their daughter's words. Ellie doesn't really have to ask their permission for such, but they truly appreciate the young woman's thoughtfulness.

"If that's the case, I'll try to invite her out for lunch tomorrow then."

The kid hugged her father for his graciousness.

Rob asked his wife; he knew that Lea might have to add some other plans with El aside from the lunch he's thinking about.

"Do you want to do other things tomorrow hon?"

"Hmm. Not sure.. I can't think of anything yet."

After enjoying their sumptuous dinner meal, all three Salonga-Chiens had retired to their very own rooms.

Robert went to sleep already as he had a very busy day. As for the Broadway star, she is known to be a nocturnal and actually lives up to it.

As her husband lies sleeping on their bed, she on the other hand, is still in front of her Macbook trying to check out her social media accounts.

She noticed her protege online on Facebook and wonders what the young woman is doing.

Lea grabbed her Bluetooth headset and tried video calling El. Luckily, after a few rings the young woman answered.

"Hey!" El smiled at the screen.

"Hey, am I disturbing you?" Lea asks her protege as she sees that the young woman seems to be in the washroom, as her face is covered with cream.

"Haha. Not really. Wait let me just wash my face." El puts down her phone briefly as she splashes water on her face to wash down all the cream residue. Lea waits in anticipation as she could hear some water running on the background.

After few minutes, Ellie grabbed back her phone and Lea could see her wiping her face with a towel.

"Still feeling awake? Let me change into my laptop."

"Yep. Just take your time." the world class singer can't help but smile as she sees how Ellie looks so comfortable for tonight.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

20.5K 405 13
He's a producer in his 40s wanting to reclaim his former glory. She's a writer turned recluse who has shut the world out. They're both stuck in the p...
1.4K 59 52
Every time night falls, the city always lights up the dark streets with lively city lights. The usual boring life that we were always live in, wonder...
3.9K 181 20
The heart remembers what the mind forgets. But, What if the memories reset everyday? What if everything you did today will be forgotten the followi...
3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...