Chapter 19

Weeks easily go by as ATG continues to rehearse for the play

Weeks easily go by as ATG continues to rehearse for the play. They have been rigorously training for the singing and dancing part as they reach the first month of their timeline.

There have been some problems encountered with minor injuries here and there but everything still seems to go on smoothly, or so they thought.

Ellie, who has now free time more than before, was able to frequent the studio and watch how the team's faring with their practices.

Their last day for the week seems to be normal until Bobbi got the worst news he could get.

"Kayla called in. Her doctor advised her to rest her legs for about six to eight weeks." his assistant worriedly say to him.

Kayla Rivera is one of the principal actors and is Renan's partner in the story line. The girl had been brought to the hospital as she suffered an accident due to a motorcycle collision she was in yesterday, making her bone fractured.

This situation actually made the always-calm artistic director to feel a little bit frustrated as they would be behind schedule with this incident. Aside from that, there will be a huge difficulty to find a replacement who can easily and efficiently take over Kayla's role within such short notice.

"Sir, what are we going to do? Should I post and announce an emergency audition schedule?"

Bobbi tries to think hard on what to do about this.

"If we'll be getting someone new, she should have a photographic memory as a requirement. It's going to be hard memorizing those lines and learning all the blocking, the acting and the dancing steps all at the same time. We're talking about being left behind by a month's worth of rehearsals."

His assistant tries to take note of all the criteria the director had just said. As he absorbs all the things needed to be done by the replacement, one name fully registered on the assistant's mind. He immediately suggested it to the bearded man as the latter contemplates and seems to agree on the idea.

Bobbi then went to his office and tried calling a certain someone.

-------------------

Ellie was in the middle of a lunch date with her close friends as her phone rang. She excused herself for a minute as she picks it up while her companions continue to grab a bite of their own food.

It has been a while since El had personally met up with her college friends; Diane, Jackie, Imee and Bem. And since Carla, also one of their girl friends, will be celebrating her birthday soon, the girls decided to throw her a surprise party and have been planning about it in their meeting today.

She looks at the name showing on her screen and greets the person on the other line.

"Hey, Bobbi. What's up?"

"Ellie! Thank God you picked up!"
There was a hint of haste that can be heard from the man's voice.

"What's going on?"