Arranged Marriage with Oh Seh...

By Nothing_Lasts

In the middle of this chaos, I found my peace in you. Kim Stella, the girl who never disappointed her parent... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
not an update, sorry
Recap
Chapter 28

Chapter 8

1.1K 50 31
By Nothing_Lasts

I woke up when I heard a loud thump downstairs. I immediately went down to look at what fell down but I was shocked to see it wasn't something, but someone.

"Oh my gosh! Sehun!" I shouted as I went down the stairs. I ran as quickly as I could and as I reached him, I shook him.

"Sehun." I tapped his cheek, his pupils dilating then contracting, and the heat I felt burned my hand.

"You have a fever," I said to him, and to top it all off, he reeked of alcohol.

"Come on, let's get you up." I tried to help him but my hands were shoved away by his.

"I'm fine. Go." Sehun tried to stand up but as soon as he did, he lost his balance. I saved him from falling face first.

"So much for being fine, yeah?" I said sarcastically as I put his hands on my shoulder and without a complaint, Sehun used my body to balance himself.

"My head is throbbing." He muttered trying to hoist himself up to the stairs using the railing as I try to keep him steady.

"Yeah. That's what you get for having a hangover and soaking yourself under the rain. What happened to you anyway?" I asked him. "Lover's quarrel?" I sneered at him.

"I told you I don't have one," Sehun said harshly. I felt guilty.

"I-I umh.. I'm sorry about last night, I guess." I muttered lowly as we stepped on the last step of the stairs. Sehun did not reply. Once again, I put his arm on my shoulder. I dropped him gently on the bed.

"Sehun, you need to change out of your clothes. Can you do it?" I asked him out of concern.

"Yes, I will manage." He replied in a monotone.

"Great. Change out of your clothes. I'll get you some medicine." I said as I exited his room.

I went downstairs heading for the cabinet. I looked for the medicine and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. After that, I decided to get a wet towel for the fever to slightly go down.

I headed upstairs, knocking before coming in, in case he's still changing and once I got the go signal, I entered his room.

I placed the medicine and glass on his bedside table and contemplated whether to sit down on his bed so I can put the towel on his head but I did so, even though I felt awkward.

I turned to look at him and saw that he's shivering. His eyes closed and all of his body covered in a blanket. I placed the wet cloth on his head and he immediately tensed at the sudden contact but relaxed when he realized what it was. He closed his eyes again but opened them quickly as if he's alarmed.

"Trash can." He pointed near the door and I immediately got it. I helped him get up in a sitting position as he grabbed the bin from my hands. He threw up as I rubbed his back. Once he was done, I gave him the glass of water so he can gargle with it. I went downstairs to dispose of the trash can. It's almost time for me to go to work but I can't leave Sehun like that. I decided to call Kai.

"Hello." He answered cheerfully.

"Hello, Kai. I'm just calling to tell you I can't come to work today. Please also tell Jen to train the new worker."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Sehun is sick."

"Oh, I see. Okay." With that, he ended the phone call. Is he seriously mad over a small thing?

My mind was pre-occupied as I cook soup for Sehun. After all, he threw up everything a while ago, and drinking medicine in an empty stomach isn't the best option. I never knew I could be a housewife material, but I guess I surprised myself doing these things for none other than my so-called husband.

I took a long time coming back upstairs to his room. When I went inside, Sehun is now curled up, hugging himself even though he was covered in a blanket, he still felt cold. Sehun looked so vulnerable in this state, his cold stare wasn't present.

"Sehun, you need to eat," I called him softly.

Sehun stirred. "Hmm? Huh? Stella, I thought you went to work." He mumbled, the towel falling from his head as he turned to look my way.

"Well, I called in sick." I lied. What am I supposed to say? I was hesitant of leaving you on your own. Like I was even gonna say that.

"Funny, because I'm the one who's sick." He laughed lowly and I just shrugged.

Sehun sat up and I got the towel. I checked his head and it's still burning.

"It's not going down," I muttered as I checked his temperature.

"I always had it bad since I was a kid. The fever, I mean."

"Ahhh. That explains it. Just rest. Here, I made you soup." I handed him the soup but took it back when I saw how lifeless he looked. I guess I'm gonna need to feed him.

"Here, open your mouth Sehun." I gestured to the spoon after blowing it. Sehun looked hesitant but I raised my eyebrows at him, eventually making him follow what I said.

I've been trying to assist Sehun all day and when night time came, his shivering started getting worse. I placed another blanket on him but it still didn't work. I remembered that body heat could help. I sat down beside Sehun's bed and I grabbed both of his hands and enveloped them with my own. Soon after before I knew it, sleep engulfed me.

-
I woke up feeling the comfortable bed underneath me, but then I remembered I fell asleep on the floor beside Sehun's bed. I looked at my surroundings and realized it was his bed. He put me to bed last night despite him having a hard time because of his fever? I smiled at the thought but quickly wiped it off. Why am I smiling?

I wonder where Sehun is? I got up from his bed and made the bed. I went downstairs and saw that there was no sign of him. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel disappointed that he left already. My phone dinged, pushing my thoughts away from my head.

"Had to leave for a meeting. I'm fine now, thanks for last night. Breakfast is on the table." I smiled at the text message he sent me.

But my smile faltered as the phone on my hand rang, Kai's name appeared on the upper side of my screen.

I pressed green.

"Stella, my colleague is coming over today. Remember we're looking for a barista and he agreed. He wants to meet you." Kai said over the phone.

"Well, good morning to you too. Yes, I'll be coming in a bit."

"Listen, I'm sorry about yesterday when I hang up the phone-" I cut him off.

"It's fine, Kai. I'll see you later, okay?" I ended the phone and got dressed.

Not wasting any time, I arrived at the cafe greeting Jen as I entered. 

"Good morning Miss Stella, I'm a new worker, Choi Mina. Thank you for hiring me, please take care of me." The girl, Mina bowed.

I did the same. "Welcome to cafe Avelina. Let's talk about your schedule later shall we?"

"Yes, I can do any shifts as I just dropped out of college to save money first." Mina smiled.

"Are you sure about that Mina? I mean, you can go to college while you work your shift here. You and Jen can settle for an easier schedule where both of you are comfortable." I explained to her, feeling a little bit down that this girl had to drop out of college to save some money.

"I'll think about that Miss Stella, for the meantime, I'll settle for any schedule you'll give me." She smiled politely and I just nodded my head at her.

"Oh, you're here already?" Kai's voice rang as he exited the kitchen. I looked at him and saw another man also coming out of the area. "Here, Xiumin hyung, this is Stella, my boss and also my girlfriend." He whispered the last part and when he mentioned it, the shock was evident on Xiumin's face but he quickly recovered.

"Hello, I'm Xiumin, I promise I'll do my best to pass your training." He said as he slightly bowed. Kai laughed and Xiumin looked puzzled.

"What training? You're already hired." I smiled at him.

"Wow, really? That's amazing. Thank you." He smiled cheekily and bowed continuously. Kai and I laughed at his cuteness.

Soon after, the library upstairs was swarmed by students. We were getting many orders but gladly everything's going well. With a new pair of hands, peak hours were handled smoothly. Mina and Xiumin's performance for starters is excellent. I even teased Kai that his hyung makes better coffee than he does.

It was time to close the cafè. Jen left early, as usual, Xiumin and Mina helped us to close the cafè and left after everything's settled.

I entered Kai's car just as he was starting the engine.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I smiled, then nodded.

But before he could reverse from the parking lot of the cafè, another car showed up. It's Sehun's car. What is he doing here?

He parked the car a little recklessly and exited the car in a second. Sehun walked towards our car and went to my side, the passenger side.

Sehun knocked on the window. "Open the door." He said with his eyebrows drawn together. "Stella, open the door!" He said forcefully.

Kai is awfully quiet behind the wheel. Sehun decided to go to his side. "Open the door!" Sehun almost banged Kai's window.

"What is wrong with you?!" I said as I opened the car door. Kai did the same, opening his car door.

"Come on, let's go home," Sehun said grabbing my wrist.

"What? What is wrong with you, Sehun?!" I said almost losing my cool. Why is he acting like this? 

"I said, let's go home. You can't be with that guy." Sehun said grabbing my wrist tighter and dragging me towards his car.

"Ouch!" I screeched.

"You're hurting her!" Kai shouted before Sehun opens the passenger door. Sehun released my hands and aimed towards Kai.

"If I am hurting her, then you're no better!" Sehun shouted as he shoved Kai. What the?! I ran between the two and went to Kai as he was charging towards Sehun in response.

"What's your problem man?!" Kai talked back, charging towards him but unable to do so as I am holding him back.

"Sehun! What is your problem?!" I shouted at him.

"You want to know what my problem is?! Fine! Since you keep on asking, I'll tell you! Kai here, your so-called boyfriend, is using you. He's using you to get to me. Do you think I will not know it, Kai?! Your mafia always seemed to make trouble with mine. Do you think I will not know it?! Don't forget that I am the boss here. I am bigger than you, Kim Jongin!" Sehun shouted angrily. I felt conflicted. Mafia, boss, bigger, and Kim Jongin? Who's Kim Jongin? I thought he's Kai.

"Wh-what? Mafia?" I looked at Kai, his face is emotionless.

"Yes, that's right! Your Kai, or should I say Kim Jongin is the head of a mafia. He's using you to get to me and to take me down."

"Ta-take you down? You mean-" I felt drained even though I wasn't the one who's hot-headed right now.

"Your husband is the boss of the biggest mafia. Do you think you're any better than me, Sehun? We're both the same. Don't act all clean and mighty." Kai suddenly spoke as he removed himself away from me and stepped backward.

I can't believe it. I have no words right now. I don't know what to feel. I can't move. I can't breathe naturally. Why the hell is my head spinning.

"Oh, and by the way, mom and dad said hello. You're finally making use of yourself, little sister. But sadly, they will not acknowledge you as their child anymore. Not when the real child is here." Kai pointed to himself, got in his car, and drove away. I stood there frozen, unable to process his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

546 91 17
COMPLETED "Annyong Sehun-ah" WHAT! DID I JUST SAID THAT??!! "Annyonghaseyo" AND HE REPLIED ME??!! WITH A SMILE!! I am going to black out... Shit! My...
24.3K 675 56
Jae Naomi and Oh Sehun were put into an arranged marriage for their families company to be the biggest company in South Korea. The two of them agreed...
27.3K 898 48
An arranged marriage with Do Kyungsoo won't be that bad, right? Hello~! This is my first fanfic plz don't be too harsh enjoy! Started: 5-6-16 Ended:...
1K 87 41
In the world where the danger is waiting in every step.....will they be able to protect each other after being apart for 8 years ???? What will happe...