Religious Love

By breakhabibi

Layla Zenzoul finally has freedom. She just turned 18 and finished high school. Getting into the college of h... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 1

8.3K 109 49
By breakhabibi

1.

"207, order's up!" A voice says through the intercom.

I moved slowly, shuffling my feet to get my coffee. I could feel the eyes of everyone in the coffee house watching me. Don't they know how self conscious they're making me feel? No, of course not.

I was standing at the counter facing my mouth watering drink. Before I went to take it, I grabbed two dollars from my pocket, and placed it in the tip jar. The people here had no idea how happy they made me when ever I saw that cup of coffee on the table every time I come in.

"Thanks Rob! See you tomorrow!" I shout waving, while grabbing my steaming cup and begin to head out.

"As always." Rob says to me while taking another customers order.

Rob was my main man. He always had my order down and ready as soon as I walked through the door. I don't even have to pay anymore; I come here so often that I was pretty much considered family. I always insisted, but Rob would never let me get more than five dollars out. He throws a hissy fit every time, so I just give in.

I opened the door to the cool May weather, and found a seat next to a cute elderly couple. It was early afternoon, the perfect time to cuddle up with a coffee and a good book. I did this almost every day. I always like to think it's the beach that draws me in, not the actual coffee shop itself. I only picked this place because it was the closest thing to the ocean. I could just stare at it for hours.

I have been coming here since I was 16. The place grabbed my attention the first time I laid eyes on it. I feel it's the one place I can think openly. I don't have to worry about stressing over the beginning of college, buying my own home, or starting my new job at my father's company. It's as if my entire life goes right over my head.

My parents are the main reason I drive a whole hour to come here. They just know how to push my buttons. They have rules for everything I do, it's horrible; I hate going home. Not like they're there anyway. They both work in the business world. My dad's the CEO of this new computer company and my mom works with ex-models who are trying to get back into the modeling world. My mom hates her job because she has to deal with older woman who think they are supreme and mighty. I've told her to quit countless times, but she's just too stubborn to do so. So because she is always working, she's never home.

I start sipping my coffee and open my book to where I had left off. This time let's see how long I can stay before driving my parents crazy over the edge. They hate that I spend so much time here; which is why I always come back.

"Hi." Says a masculine voice.

I look up from my book and stare into two crystal green eyes. So green, they put the earth's natural beauty to shame. My jaw drops a little; I hope I'm not drooling.

I look away feeling heat rise to my cheeks. I didn't even look at the guy yet, and here I am getting shy over his eyes? Pull yourself together girl!

Bringing my head up to see the face of the voice, I compose myself.

A young man no older than 21 was staring at me with a small smile across his lips. His blond shaggy hair fell right above his beautiful eyes. Oh how bad I wanted to push it away so I could see them again.

I completely forgot I didn't answer him yet. He probably thinks I'm some freak right about now. Just checking him out like he's some statue.

"I...umm...hi." I say shyly dropping my head from his face. I was never good at talking to handsome guys. They always intimidated me.

"Do you mind if I sit down with you?" He asks reaching his hand out for the chair across from me. He wants to sit with me?

"Yes...I-I mean no...no of course not!" I say mentally smacking myself. I can not believe I'm stuttering like a complete fool right now.

The guy laughs at my answer and takes a seat. He looks at me with amusement in his eyes.

I was about to ask why he was sitting across from me when there was clearly plenty of empty seats elsewhere, but he beat me to it.

"So your probably wondering why I randomly came up to you, yes?" He says looking directly at my face. "Well, to be completely honest, don't look now, but those guys behind me dared me to hit on you."

Well that just brought my esteem down. Here I thought someone might actually have a liking to me, but no, just a stupid dare. I didn't look over him to see the ones who put him up to it, I really didn't feel like being embarrassed. I take that back, I am already very embarrassed.

"And you're telling me this, because?" I say trying not to sound offended.

"Well, I don't think its right to hit on innocent girls just because I got dared to. So to make this as easy and painless as possible for the both of us, can I just ask you some questions that could make it seem like I did hit on you? I don't like saying no to a dare." He says frowning and giving me puppy dog eyes. 

I couldn't say no to that. He looked so darn cute, and helpless. His sun tan didn't help with it either; it just made him look twice as handsome. I looked at him one more time before letting out a sigh, and placing it with a big smile.

"I would be more than happy to help." I say putting my now closed book on the table. A huge heart melting grin appeared on the guys face. It made me smile even bigger.

"Yes! You're awesome!" He says pulling out his phone.

"Thanks." I say feeling the heat coming back to my cheeks.

"Okay, question one. What's your name?" He asks looking up from his phone.

"Layla Zenzoul." I say quietly. I watch his face as he types in my name.

He looks up and hands me the phone. "Is that how you spell it?" He asks. I quickly erase his mistakes and retype my name. I hand him the phone back and smile.

"Thanks. Oh and that's a really lovely name." He says smirking at me.

"No problem. Do you think I could ask you the same questions?" I say pretending I didn't hear his complement. Holy crap did I just ask him that? Why don't I ever think before I speak? My face must surely be red as a tomato.

"Sure, I mean that does seem fair. My name is Zane Farley." He says smoothly with a hint of laughter.

Huh. Zane Farley. The hottest guy I have ever met. Nice.

"Okay, question two. How old are you?" He says meeting my gaze.

"18." I say secretly hoping he was not older than 23.

He typed it in his phone and looked up. "I'm 20 by the way." He says shooting me a million dollar smile.

Thank God! It just occurred to me that me being happy about his age was useless. I would never be able to see him after this conversation. If my parents ever found out I was talking to a guy, better yet an older one, I would be a goner. I am not allowed to date, only when I'm ready to get married. Which isn't any time soon.

I nodded at Zane for the answer, giving him the hint he could go onto the next question.

"What college do you go to?" He asks not looking up from his phone.

"Well I just finished high school, and I got accepted into North Carolina State University. So I will be going there starting in August." I say playing with the hem of my shirt.

"So you don't live in Wilmington?" Zane asks not looking up from his phone.

"No, I come here when I want to get away from everything. It relaxes me to just sit and stare at the water." I say looking out onto the beach, feeling the wind blow on my face. "I live in Raleigh." I finish.

"I know what you mean, I used to go away, and sometimes I wouldn't come back." Zane says with sadness in his voice. "But that was in my past, I've changed." He says not directly to me, but to himself.

I didn't know what to say, so I checked my phone for the time. Shoot! I completely forgot! I was supposed to be home at 4! It was nearly 3:30, and the drive was a good hour. Crap, crap, crap! I can't believe I lost track of time while talking to Zane. He just took over my mind and nothing else mattered to me while we talked. I hated to go, sad that I would never see him again, but my parents were surely going to kill me.

"I'm so sorry Zane, but I completely lost track of time. I have to go." I say frowning.

Zane recomposed himself, forgetting whatever he was thinking about.

"Oh I'm sorry; I took all of your time. But, one more question?" He asks me standing up out of the chair.

"Shoot." I say collecting my things off the table and putting them into my bag.

"Can I have your number?" Zane says looking a little... embarrassed? "I promise I wont call you, I just need it for the dare, remember?" He says looking at me wishing I would say yes.

"Oh yeah, sure thing." I say surprised. I gave Zane my number, hoping he actually would call me. I really enjoyed talking to him. Maybe even a little too much.

We both were standing and I noticed how much taller he was then me. He was at least 6'3, compared to my 5'6.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Zane!" I say walking away from him heading towards my car.

"The pleasure was all mine." He said giving me a smirk that I surely will never forget.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 14.9K 37
𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 17 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟'𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑅𝑢𝑏𝑎𝑎𝑏, 𝑤𝒉𝑜'𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡𝒉 𝑜�...
44.2K 6.2K 26
Story of a surgeon Dr. Zulaid Afandi and a medical student Dr. Inara Ibrahim. Age gap Enemies to lovers Grumpy×sunshine Arranged marriage "What did...
3.4M 163K 55
"Why don't you leave me?" I shouted, trying to mask away the fear that filled inside of me this time. "Oh Darling I wish I could." He smirked, almos...
10.7K 984 26
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...