Chapter 1

1.

"207, order's up!" A voice says through the intercom.

I moved slowly, shuffling my feet to get my coffee. I could feel the eyes of everyone in the coffee house watching me. Don't they know how self conscious they're making me feel? No, of course not.

I was standing at the counter facing my mouth watering drink. Before I went to take it, I grabbed two dollars from my pocket, and placed it in the tip jar. The people here had no idea how happy they made me when ever I saw that cup of coffee on the table every time I come in.

"Thanks Rob! See you tomorrow!" I shout waving, while grabbing my steaming cup and begin to head out.

"As always." Rob says to me while taking another customers order.

Rob was my main man. He always had my order down and ready as soon as I walked through the door. I don't even have to pay anymore; I come here so often that I was pretty much considered family. I always insisted, but Rob would never let me get more than five dollars out. He throws a hissy fit every time, so I just give in.

I opened the door to the cool May weather, and found a seat next to a cute elderly couple. It was early afternoon, the perfect time to cuddle up with a coffee and a good book. I did this almost every day. I always like to think it's the beach that draws me in, not the actual coffee shop itself. I only picked this place because it was the closest thing to the ocean. I could just stare at it for hours.

I have been coming here since I was 16. The place grabbed my attention the first time I laid eyes on it. I feel it's the one place I can think openly. I don't have to worry about stressing over the beginning of college, buying my own home, or starting my new job at my father's company. It's as if my entire life goes right over my head.

My parents are the main reason I drive a whole hour to come here. They just know how to push my buttons. They have rules for everything I do, it's horrible; I hate going home. Not like they're there anyway. They both work in the business world. My dad's the CEO of this new computer company and my mom works with ex-models who are trying to get back into the modeling world. My mom hates her job because she has to deal with older woman who think they are supreme and mighty. I've told her to quit countless times, but she's just too stubborn to do so. So because she is always working, she's never home.

I start sipping my coffee and open my book to where I had left off. This time let's see how long I can stay before driving my parents crazy over the edge. They hate that I spend so much time here; which is why I always come back.

"Hi." Says a masculine voice.

I look up from my book and stare into two crystal green eyes. So green, they put the earth's natural beauty to shame. My jaw drops a little; I hope I'm not drooling.

I look away feeling heat rise to my cheeks. I didn't even look at the guy yet, and here I am getting shy over his eyes? Pull yourself together girl!

Bringing my head up to see the face of the voice, I compose myself.

A young man no older than 21 was staring at me with a small smile across his lips. His blond shaggy hair fell right above his beautiful eyes. Oh how bad I wanted to push it away so I could see them again.

I completely forgot I didn't answer him yet. He probably thinks I'm some freak right about now. Just checking him out like he's some statue.

"I...umm...hi." I say shyly dropping my head from his face. I was never good at talking to handsome guys. They always intimidated me.

"Do you mind if I sit down with you?" He asks reaching his hand out for the chair across from me. He wants to sit with me?

"Yes...I-I mean no...no of course not!" I say mentally smacking myself. I can not believe I'm stuttering like a complete fool right now.