Chapter 19

19.

For some odd reason I was in my office typing away on a spreadsheet when my phone rings. I pick it up and see the caller Id. Zane. My heart starts to beat in my chest steadfast and I couldn’t calm down.

 “Hello?” I say through the phone breathing in and out deeply.

 “We need to talk.” Was all he said then hangs up.

 I stare at the phone shocked and hurt from what he did. We just got together and now it was ending? Did he really finally come to his senses that he didn’t want a girl like me. I know we weren’t the same religion but the least he could do was say it to my face. I get it, our worlds are completely different or he’s going to say its not you. It’s me. Bullshit! It’s always the other person.

 I push my chair back with much force and head to Zane’s room, which was right next-door! He was the laziest man I have ever met. Couldn’t even come talk to me himself, well then I’m not going to pretend like a give an ass.

 I knock on his door and wait for a reply.

 “Come in.”

 I open the door and step inside shutting it behind me. I look at my surroundings and notice Zane on one of the chairs that are placed in front of his desk. I stand my ground and don’t move another step.

 “I’ve been doing some thinking. I don’t think this is going to work out.” He says drinking a cup of coffee like he broke up with girls all the time. Well he could if he wanted to…I mean he was breathtaking.

 “W-Why, I mean, I know you probably want someone of the same religion but why would you get with me the day before and break my heart the next day? Do you not have a soul?” I spit out more than annoyed that he would do this to me. And at work too!

 He shrugs and pushes a button that was now on his desk that wasn’t there before. The intercom rings and he starts talking.

 “Hey sprinkle muffin, you can come in now. I broke the news and her face is hilarious!” He says not looking back at my now opened mouth that wouldn’t seem to shut. I think drool was coming out.

 That jerk! He had another girl? And they had nicknames for each other? I bet she was much prettier than me. I could feel my heart drop inside my chest and break into a million little pieces. Why me? Why did I have to fall for him only to see him break up with me for shits and giggles? I don’t think Ill ever be able to show my face with as much confidence ever again. He destroyed me.

 Zane’s office door opens and a drop dead gorgeous blond walks in. She grins at Zane and I see out of the corner of my eye he’s looking like a goof staring at her. She walks over to him but not before giving me a once over and starts laughing. I get uncomfortable switching my feet from the right to the left.

 “Did you really think a guy like Zane would really go for a girl like you?” She says popping her bright pink gum making it go all over her face. She looks surprised for a second but then takes the remains off the top of her lip and right back into her mouth chewing like an obnoxious cow.

 “I mean I thought so. He said he only wanted me.” I whisper not even knowing why I was explaining myself when I just got dumped for a hotter girl.

 The blond bellows over with laughter and I keep my eyes on Zane to see his reaction or even the slightest hint of emotion that could be regret or remorse, but all I could see was the enjoyment, he as well held for my pain.

 I try to keep tears that were on the tips of my eyes from pouring out but that would only give them more reason to laugh at me.

 “Is the whittle baby crying? Oh my god Zane she loves you and you broke her heart. How pathetic.” The blond says choking on her own amusement.