Chapter 21

21.

We get home and find the driveway empty of our cars. My parents are still out and its almost 10. We had made a stop at a nice authentic Mexican restaurant on the way back from the toy store and are finally exhausted beyond repair. I want to cuddle up in a ball on my bed and sleep, but I can’t I have to stay up till my father comes home to ask about my little brother joining us for work tomorrow. I feel uneasy about our plan from earlier today, but know my little brother could make it work. His waterworks will have my mom and dad begging him to stop.

 “I’m hungry.” Omar says walking up next to me on the way to the door.

 “We just ate you dummy.” I say trying to find my house keys.

 “I know but I still feel the need to munch on something.” He says struggling with the bags of toys.

 “Eat your hand till we get inside.” I say starting to get fed up with his nonsense.

 “Salty.”

 I look at my little brother puzzled. “Did you really just lick your hand?”

 “Maybe…”

 “Omar, that’s just plain weird. Get inside.” I say opening the door and heading straight for the alarm. I turn it off and start switching on all the lights just the way I like it before leaving my little brother to all his games. He runs up the stairs with me right behind him. We go our separate ways till the arrival of our parents come.

It’s 11:38 when my father finally arrives home. I run to the bonus room to grab Omar who was playing with the new PS3 and head downstairs.

 “Hey dad.” I say following him into the kitchen. He opens the pantry and grabs a protein bar.

 “Hey darling, should you be in bed? Work bright and early tomorrow. And why is your brother not asleep yet.” He says looking at me and my fairy pjs.

 “I wanted to ask you if I could come tomorrow and see what CEO’s of big companies deal with and watch Layla work. You know to get a feel for the job.” He says twirling his fingers behind his back nervous about my fathers answer.

 Our dad is stunned for a moment before nodding and slapping my brother on the back. “I didn’t know kids are starting this young, but if you really want to then it would be your sisters pleasure.”

 “Thanks dad! Night!” Omar says giving him a hug and running past me but not before winking on the way by. He exits the kitchen his footsteps heard from the staircase.

 “Cute kid. I hope he doesn’t get too shocked. Take care of him okay?” My dad says strictly.

 “I will. Alright see you tomorrow dad.” I say heading out of the kitchen and up the stairs myself. It was going to be a long day tomorrow.

 I get to my room and close the door. I jump on my bed and grab my phone a quick text to Zane wont hurt.

 Plan is in action.

 I sigh hoping nothing bad will happen tomorrow. Zane texts back and I quickly open it eager to see what he says.

 That’s it? A wink face? I close the phone and charge it. I get in bed and fall asleep in no time.

 Ring! Ring! The time is now 8:00. Ring! Ring!

 Gahh! I forgot to buy a new alarm clock. I slam the one that won’t shut up as hard as I can and get out of bed. I head to the bathroom and start washing up for my long day ahead. The only thing that’s keeping mobile is the thought of seeing my boyfriend. I still get all giddy inside every time I say or think of that word.