Chapter 13

13.

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep.

I slam the alarm down as hard as I can to shut it up. And here I thought I would never have to hear this god forsaken sound again, I do. Everyday for the rest of my non-existent summer vacation. Of course until college starts, but that will just mean I would need to get a different alarm, with a different chime. How inconvenient.

I get up out of bed and begin my everyday routine. Brush, check myself out in the mirror, shower, slip on the wet floor, add makeup, and then change. I got this cycle memorized under lock down. 

After I'm dressed and ready to go I look at my outfit making sure I see my professional side with a hint of the wow factor I always need. I'm wearing a nice fitted black skirt that reached down to my knees, with a white ruffled blouse tucked in, and on top a matching black blazer. And for the best part, my shoes, apple red stilettos. I feel smoking. Already feeling the burn and I haven't even stepped outside yet. Now that's what I'm talking about.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, already knowing my mother and father have already left for work. Grabbing a piece of bread out of the bag I place it in the toaster. I walk around the island and sit on one of the stools picking up an opened newspaper. Nothing screamed at me 'OMG' so I put it down just as fast. I mean why stress myself out over someone else's problems? 

I stand up to grab a bottle of water from the fridge and a plate for my toast. I wasn't going to stress about being late today, I want to take my sweet time to eat. And that's exactly what I did.

-------

I walk through the building doors feeling invincible, until I see Amanda. She was behind the welcome desk looking down. Even though she didn't see me yet, I wasn't going to pretend I didn't see her.

"Morning Amanda." I say walking by giving her a smile even if she didnt look up.

"Mhm." She says in a careless tone.

Well now I cant say I didn't try.

I walk to the gold elevator and push the button waiting patiently on my feet, rocking hesitantly back and forth. Hopefully I wouldn't bump into Zane coming up, that would be disastrous. I hear the chime and board on. No one was in, I get a free elevator ride to myself. Awesome.

Today should be good. Today was the day I was going to give Zane the cold shoulder and the, 'im not interested in you' look. I still feel bad, but I know it will be for the better in the long run.

After exiting the elevator and walk the lengthy way down to the office space, I stand face to face with the card machine. I was given a key yesterday, but I had no idea how to use it. Let's play shall we?

If I do recall, I remember Amanda pressing the button and then sliding her key, or slide they key and then press the button? Shoot. I'll just do both.

On the first try I thought I was going to see red flashing at me, but to my surprise a bright green light shot out. First option it is then.

I walk through the door and quickly turn a sharp left. I didn't want to make the mistake of walking down to my fathers office again, so embarrassing. 

So I figured yesterday if I just took the twin stairs on the other side of the balcony I could make it to my office much faster. 

Successfully my plan works, no one says anything to me while I walk to my office. They probably still think I want to be alone. I surely wasn't going to argue with their thought and assumptions either. 

I open my door, and switch on the lights. Here come another long day. 

My computer was already on when I got to my desk, because if I do remember from yesterday my father said they don't power them off. Makes it so much easier and less time consuming, so I was pretty pleased. I log in and wait patiently for my settings to pop up. This was the unpleasing part, but I wasn't going to be too annoyed about it.