Chapter 16

16.

Music is blaring from outside the hole in the wall building. The place itself must be who knows how many years old, but the club that was now residing in it was new. I never come down to this part of town so seeing it was unrecognizable. 

We get out of the car and half our group is already waiting in the never ending line. I can see that we might be here for at least thirty minutes. I walk with Zane next to me and head to where everyone is standing. Our group was staring at us, because apparently everyone knew Zane had eyes for me and it seems I didn't get the memo, when I was more than informed. So me coming out of his car, alone, makes people wonder if there was more to what was really nothing at all. 

"Hey guys, gosh look at this line. How long do you think it will take us?" I say already knowing the estimated guess but wanting to make conversation to get the thought of me and Zane together off their nosy little minds. 

"Oh not long at all actually, we are waiting for Shay. She said she knew the bouncer and could get us in no trouble at all." Mike, Rick's twin says looking up from his phone after sending a text message I had just seen him write. 

"Oh okay then so I guess we wait." I say standing awkwardly on the edge of the sidewalk, but not moving one more inch because then I would be in Zane's personal bubble. Not that I would complain but it would have made him think I did it on purpose which then would give him the idea to keep trying. I need to stop thinking, I'm turning into a mess right now. 

"No need to freight my fellow companions, I, Shayquana Grubbs, have now arrived and at your service." Shay says spreading her arms out with a huge smile after her ridiculous introduction. "Now lets go before I cant get all of you in." She says heading to the front of the line like she owned the place.

We all looked at each other, eyebrows raised up and followed close behind. I could hear the whispers from others not liking the idea we had easy access. I feel bad, but also just want this night to be over with already so didn't think twice about it. I didn't want to say something and then get stuck in the middle. 

"Aye Eugene!" Shay yells at the intimidating bouncer who looked like he could beat up five guys in a row. 

"Shh woman! How many times do I have to tell you about calling me my real name during work hours?" The bouncer, Eugene, says. 

A couple of people who heard had hushed giggles just in case Eugene threatened them. I wanted to laugh but I knew he would keep his eye on me from then on out. 

"Oh whateva, it's not like you don't like when I call you by your first name." She teases slapping his arm playfully.

"Yeah you right, I mean you did give me a hell a of a good time last weekend." He says laughing boisterously. 

I certainly knew what he meant by that and didn't want to know more so I poked Shay in the back to let her know to get on with it. I knew no one wanted to stay outside any longer.

"Okay so how about I give you another good time and let me and my friends in, what you say about that big guy?" She says smiling seductively while rubbing her hands on his chest. Eugene looks from Shay to all of us and quickly unclasps the rope to let us through. 

"Tonight." Eugene says winking at Shay while re-closing the rope after we all walked through. I could hear the groans from everyone back in line and all of a sudden wanted someone else to take my spot instead but knew no one was going to come in alone so changed my mind just as quick. 

Walking down the stairs I see everyone had already went their separate ways. I was standing with Shay and Tori not knowing what to do. It was my first time and I really didn't know how this stuff worked. The club itself was packed. Tons of people dancing on the floor while the DJ was playing recorded electronic dance, hip hop, rock, and reggae. I watched a reality T.V. show about what DJ's usually played at these kinds of things so I had an idea of what the music would be like.