The Narnian Prophecy » Narnia...

By mocha_rice0

(Book 1)[COMPLETED] (Characters aged up: Edmund and reader are 15) Y/n L/n is the granddaughter of Professor... More

The Narnian Prophecy
Meeting the Pevensies
Hide and Seek
I Think I Believe You Now
Why, Edmund?
Back In Narnia
Beaver
The Witch's Castle
The Summer Witch
Mr. Fox
Father Christmas
Aslan's Camp
Edmund is Back
Aslan's Death
The Battle
Our Coronation
A New Narnia
Dragons
A Masquerade Ball
Chore Day in Cair Paravel
A Dance at Midnight
Alliance Reunion
Midnight Orchid
Our Wedding Day
The Pirate Queen
Unexpected Addition
Duels and Nightmares
We're Back?
Home
The Sequel is Up!
New Book?

A Bet of Gold Coins

15.5K 540 1.1K
By mocha_rice0

(Image not mine)

(Six Months Later)

SUSAN'S POV

"I'm betting by the end of the year," I placed a small stack of coins on the table.

Peter looked skeptical and Lucy shook her head, "No, I'm betting six months or less."

My eyes widened as she put a couple more coins on the table. There was no way Edmund would confess in less than six months. It took him over a year to admit to himself that he liked her more than just a friend, there's no way it would take less than that for him to confess.

"Nuh-uh, he wouldn't do it that fast," Peter argued, "If anything I bet Y/n will confess first."

"No, she's confident that he doesn't like her. There's no way she would tell him first." I reasoned.

"I think Edmund will tell her first, and it will be within six months." Lucy insisted.

"Okay, how much are you betting, Peter?"

"Let's see," He put a finger to his chin, "Ten gold coins."

"Ten?!" I looked at my stack of seven coins, "What about you, Lucy?"

"I'm going all in," She pushed her stack forward, "Fifteen gold coins."

Well, she was sure confident. But then again, so was I, I had logic on my side.

"Great, we'll put them all in this," Peter took out a small wooden chest, "And lock it up until one of them confesses."

I nodded and watched Lucy shove all of the coins into the box before Peter slammed it shut and locked it, putting the key into the drawer of a nearby desk.

"Oh, and," He turned to Lucy and me, "No interfering."

(One Month Later)

SUSAN'S POV

"Who knew Narnian face masks were better than any in Britain," Y/n said while spreading the green sludge onto her face.

She and I often had these spa nights in my room at the end of a stressful week, it was nice to have a friend who understood the pressures I had in Narnia. We would put on masks or do each other's hair while ranting about all of the sexist nobles or careless officials. Tonight was no different, as Y/n had just finished complaining about an idiot general of another kingdom who paid his way into a higher rank.

"I know," I wiped some extra sludge off of my hands, "This one does wonders for my dark circles."

"Aslan knows we need that," She laughed.

"Mhm. But enough of that," I scooted across the bed to braid her hair, "Time for boy talk."

"Boy talk?!"

"Boy talk." I nodded, "Still fancy Ed?"

She turned her head away as much as she could while I was braiding it before muttering, "How could I not?"

I smiled, "Oh? Do tell."

"Susan!" She whined.

"Fine," I laughed, "I won't pry."

She huffed but perked up suddenly, "What about you? Anyone caught your eye?"

"Ugh, no. None of the men I have met so far have any hint of intelligence or decency."

Y/n laughed, knowing that I had high expectations. Truthfully, I do want to find love in Narnia if we are to stay for so long, but being a Queen makes it pretty hard to find a date.

(Two Months Later)

LUCY'S POV

"Come on..." I muttered.

Edmund was definitely about to confess or was trying to. He was sitting with Y/n in one of our gardens and chatting with her while she grew some new food to supply our kingdom. She was focused on her magic but listened carefully to what he was talking about, smiling when he reenacted some parts of his training with Oreius. At some points, he would just stare at her in silence and it took all my willpower not to scream "Just tell her!".

"By now, I can beat the majority of our own guards in a sword fight but I still can't win against Oreius!" He ranted, moving his hands around wildly.

"He is the one teaching you, right?" She questioned, "So of course he would be better."

"Yeah, but he recently taught me a move that he promised would guarantee my win. Hold on, let me grab my sword."

I ducked behind a pillar as he ran up right next to me to retrieve his sword. He jogged back to Y/n who was still kneeling on the ground and I poked my head back out.

"What are you doing?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin when Peter spoke. "Shh! I want to see if he's going to confess!"

"But they're just talking," He stood in plain sight and watched the two.

"Get over here," I pulled him behind the pillar, "You never know when he could just blurt it out, and I only have three months left!"

Peter grinned, "I told you, six months is too little."

"No, I'm sure I'll win the bet."

(One Month Later)

PETER'S POV

My desk looked like a hurricane decided to take up interior decorating. More and more suitors were sending requests for meetings with not only Susan and me but Edmund and Y/n as well, filling my office with letters. Thank Aslan Lucy was still too young for such things, that would add a lot more to the stack on my desk.

A knock sounded on my office door, "Come in,"

Edmund walked in holding yet another stack of letters, "Mr. Tumnus said to give these to you."

I sighed as he set them on my desk, "More?"

"What are they, exactly?" He picked one up and inspected it, "This one is addressed to me."

"They're letters from suitors, most likely princesses from other kingdoms."

He dropped it like it was on fire, "What?! But-but I... we-"

I smirked knowingly at him, "Mhm, so you better hurry up before Y/n can't turn away any more suitors."

He looked like he was about to yell at me but bit his lip and frowned, "You don't think she plans on meeting any, do you?"

"She doesn't even know about them. I've been handling them myself because I believe you two are too young to be dealing with such things. But between you and me, she has the second largest stack of letters."

His frown only deepened, "Who's first?"

"Me of course."

(One Month Later)

EDMUND'S POV

Lately, Oreius has been insisting that the five of us commit to intensive training to better protect ourselves and Narnia. He's been teaching Peter and me sword fighting and appointed another centaur named Haida to help Susan with archery. No one could teach Y/n magic except for maybe Aslan, but he wasn't here so she just had to figure it out by herself. As for Lucy, she was decent at both archery and using her knife so we decided it would be best to teach her physical combat. That's what we were doing now, Y/n, Lucy, and I were sparring on a mat on the beach at the bottom of our palace and Lucy and I had just ended our match. I obviously won so she was taking a break while Y/n went against me.

"No magic," I shook my finger at Y/n, knowing she would use it if she could get away with it.

She pouted and held her hands up, showing that she didn't have her pipes. Really all she had was her sparring outfit made up of white cotton leggings and the Narnian version of a sports bra. I was wearing the outfit that I usually wore for these sorts of things; tan pants and a grey t-shirt.

We both got into our preferred fighting stance, mine was set to anchor me to the ground and hers was to enable more nimble and quick moves.

"All right," Lucy took a swig of water before holding her hand up and swinging it down, "Let the match begin!"

I hadn't sparred with Y/n yet and didn't know her techniques so I decided to just go for it. I swung my right fist in hopes of hitting her arm and throwing her off balance. Before my hand connected with her arm, she grabbed my fist with her left hand and stopped it mid-swing, twisting it to my right and pulling my upper body down. Her eyes met mine and she smirked. Oh, Aslan, she was beautiful. She swung her legs up and over the right side of my arm until she was complete upside down before wrapping her legs around my neck. Using the momentum of the swing, she pulled her legs towards the ground and my body along with it, effectively flipping me onto my back. I tried to swing my left arm at her but she pinned it down with her foot, shifting so that one foot was on each of my arms and my head was on her lap.

Grinning in triumph, she looked down at me, upside down. "Haha! I win!"

I frowned, not wanting to lose yet. Just then, a completely stupid but genius idea popped into my head. If it worked I would take her by surprise, if not, it would just be awkward. Before I could stop myself, I grinned and looked her in the eyes, thinking of nothing but winning.

"I like you,"

Y/n gasped slightly and unconsciously lifted her feet off of my arms a little. I quickly took that opportunity to grab her arm and use it to pull myself around before pushing her onto the mat. She yelped as I grabbed her other arm and crossed the two across her chest, holding them there while I put one knee on either side of her stomach, pinning her to the ground. I realized it wasn't necessary as she was still dazed, her mouth was open and her eyes wide.

"I've liked you for a long time," I smiled.

What I had just said caught up to me when she whispered, "I like you too,"

It felt like all the blood in my body had rushed to my face at that moment, her words stopping all brain functions as I just sat there, gaping.

"Finally!" Lucy threw her water canteen down and danced around, "I win! I win!"

"Wha-?" Her outburst shook me out of my daze and I immediately scrambled off of Y/n, still blushing madly. Truthfully, I had forgotten she was here.

Y/n's face was beet red as she whirled to Lucy. "What are you talking about?"

I turned to my sister for an explanation and noticed Susan walking up behind her. Great, more people. "I won the bet!" Lucy squealed.

"Couldn't you guys have waited one more month?" Susan groaned, failing at her attempt to hide her smile, "I would've won thirty-two gold coins!"

"You guys bet on us?!" I cried.

The sound of hooves on the cliff above us cut off the girls' response and I looked up to see Peter riding a horse along the edge of the rocks. "I missed it?!" he shouted.

"Yes, and I won!" Lucy squealed.

"Come on!" He complained and turned the horse around to face the palace again, "Y/n, why didn't you confess first?!"

"A-Are you kidding me?" Y/n whispered beside me.

"I have so many ideas of what to spend the money on," Lucy said as she and Susan turned to walk back to the palace. "I was thinking of buying Mr. Tumnus a hankie, or Mrs. Beaver a new tea set since hers broke last week, or-"

It was like they had forgotten that Y/n and I were there. We just watched in silence as they got smaller and smaller in the distance before going out of sight as they entered Cair Paravel. What just happened?

"Did you really mean what you said?"

I turned to Y/n, she was still sitting on the mat next to me, staring at the ground.

"That I like you?" I questioned.

When she only nodded I got concerned, this wasn't the normal Y/n that I was used to. Usually, she shrugged off her worries with humor but now that she was being serious I didn't know what to do. I decided to just be truthful.

"Yes," I whispered, "I meant every word. You mean the world to me."

My chest tightened when a tear slid down her cheek, "What's wrong?! Is it that bad?"

A laugh escaped her mouth as I wiped the tear off her face with my thumb, "No, dummy!"

"Then wha-"

"Ed, shut up for a second."

As soon as I closed my mouth, she grabbed the sides of my face and kissed me. It was like my brain short-circuited and exploded at the same time. But when my wide eyes landed on her face, I immediately calmed down and I closed my eyes before kissing back. I felt Y/n relax a little and pull back to look at me.

"I really like you." She smiled.

My heart melted right then and there and I decided I wanted to stay in that moment forever. That didn't really work out.

"Whoop!" A loud voice hollered from the cliff.

"Peter!" I looked up so quickly my neck popped.

"Sorry, sorry!" He hurriedly spurred his horse towards Cair Paravel, "You guys are so perfect!"

Y/n chuckled while I glared him down, "Come on," She grabbed my hand, "Dinner should be almost ready."

She led me down the beach, still holding my hand, and that's when I realized I never wanted to let her go.

-Omg, this chapter made me so giddy. It took days to even come up with how they were going to confess, I asked multiple friends, referenced my favorite books, even looked up "best movie confessions". Eventually, I got something decent, but I also wanted to make sure I showed how close the siblings and Y/n are now, which is why I made those time skip bits. I hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading!-

-Mocha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 1K 47
အစမှတ်နဲ့ အဆုံးမှတ်ဘယ်မှာထပ်တူညီလိမ့်မလဲ သိချင်မိတယ်
10.4K 257 12
just a random oneshot book of karma and asano. might include some lemons but mostly just fluff. Also I don't own the characters or the pictures
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.5M 111K 42
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...