Howling with the Prince (Book...

By atedoreenz

Howling with the Prince, Love Cole is Book 3of The Vampire Waltz Collection The Queen of Roses has returned... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 21

101 8 3
By atedoreenz

COLE'S POV

It was quite strange to find a person staring at you like they known you all of your life. That was for me, on how she looked at me with her eyes in mourn and longing. Her eyes told me a lot of untold secrets, secrets I didn't knew as she couldn't get her eyes torn away from me.

Perhaps the Queen was interested at me, I had the looks and fame. I was know well known as the Prince of Wolves and Alpha of Moonstone, she might have wanted me at her collection of men sleeping at her bed.

No doubt everyone knew how she gained power after she left her husband two years ago after their son died, she slept with her brother in law and other multiple partners I didn't bother to know. Yet those eyes called out to me as if it was asking and pleading to be saved, it wasn't normally the lustful eyes women would gave me. I could he wrong as well, perhaps it was her tactics or strategy.

As I lay in my bed changed and ready to rest I felt her aura walked by my door or she was just awfully noisy with tiny pigs at her hands. One got off and she was noisy about Laylana to open the door, I didn't knew they were close?  Or are they not?

It almost took half an hour of ruckus until it was silent and I felt a tear slipping through my eyes and feeling her aura standing infront of my door. She had no scent?  Or it was faint, like it was dry leaves but that can't be right.  They said the Queen smelled like mangoes or maybe she's just covering her scent well whatever it was, it was weird enough to know that she was staring at my door.

When she was gone I felt lonely like a part of me felt lonely yet when I touched the pendant on my chest it calms me down. It always felt warm and sunny as it was. One thing that is strange is that I can't recall how I got it and why do I like wearing it the most. My wolf Randy said the necklace was made and adored with an adoration of love making it a protective charm yet from who? 

A sun?  Why a sun, I always asked myself of that when I came to think of it. I am a wolf, it should have been a moon for we adorned the night so much. Feeling tired and zoning out, I have succumbed to a peaceful sleep as I dreamt of a girl who was always on my mind. It was her my mate, she was singing me a lovely song which she wrote just for me. Where is she though? Never would I remember her face when I woke up but only her distancing voice singing our song would be last remembered.

Morning had came in too fast as my father has called me on to join the tea party outside as the other nobles with their attendees enjoying the gardens.

"Where are the King and Queen of Vampires? " a noble asked.

"They're Vampires!  They don't like the sun too much and the Queen must be tired. Give the lass a break before she pops! " another noble yelled all drunk and merrily laughing with his beautiful servant at his lap.

"I agree with my friend but it is disrespectful to skip out the fun. " one of the ladies whispered and giggled as her smile quickly disappeared when the King of Vampires did arrived.

"King Vernengo!  How pleasant it is for you to join us dear brother! " the King of Lust stood up and gobbled up his drink before going in for a quick embrace.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, the Queen was feeling unwell. "

Everyone nodded, another child will be blessed with extraordinary powers. It was hard for vampires to bred though perhaps a young Queen was suitable but it wasn't, it was because of her genetics. No one really knew that she wasn't completely a true noble vampire or an illegitimate child but rather transformed and rebirth as the monster that haunts as night.

My father and King Damian didn't talked much as they avoided all together only the Queen was used for both of them to communicate though I found my father and the Queen's connection of friendship quite suspicious.

It was the sun's last breathed of todays life and tomorrow it will be back to breathe life to others, a sunset. Pink, red, orange, gold and yellow had painted the sky with a swirling touch of birds flocking and small little clouds like dots. It was beautiful with the flowers suddenly blooming all around me. I heard that the Queen of Faes was also here but she was busy drinking with her lovers inside the Manor, whoever made this was clearly outside. Strolling down the garden I caught a smell, it was sweet, strong, alluring and it was..

"MATE!! " my wolf screamed inside my head as I walked faster yet it quickly vanished. My thoughts went mad and hopeless as I knew that scent was for me!  It was my mate and I lost it.

Grieving over perhaps it was me hallucinating I decided to take a run with my wolf. Giving us a break, taking off my clothes and folding it over for Randy to carry while moving we made peace with ourselves.

Going in so fast and almost like the wind we were flying, we felt like flying until we stopped. A rose was floating on air and dancing, curious. We followed the trail to a near by stream, it was her. The Queen of Vampires, Maria Vernengo in a green summer dress and holding her belly protectively as she sat at a smooth rock thinking as she smiled.

The roses of red, white, pink and other colors have glowed above us, it was a beautiful sight. Her smile quickly left her lips as she saw me and her eyes were about to cry, why?

"Good afternoon Prince Cole, I will be leaving now. " she greeted though I blocked her way before leaving and looked up at the roses.

"Ohh.. I didn't mean too. It is lovely isn't it? " she smiled in wonder then back to me.

"Sorry, I must have been happy thinking about it that I caused this. I shall take them down? "

She asked though I Shook my head or Randy's head.

"Alright-" she stepped in a wet moss from the rocks and almost slipped. Quickly changing as a man to pull her back and fell on top of me. She tried to quickly stand up again but failed as the weight she carrying of her was doubled! 

"Oh God, I am so sorry. This is all my fault! " she panicked and checked and her belly.

"The baby's fine. " she sighed as I stood in first and helped her get up.

"Are you okay? "

"I am but I need to see Atticus, the baby could have gotten hurt! " she trembled though when she looked at me again with her thoughts more clear, she moved back a little and closed her eyes.

"Can you wear your clothes first? " she asked politely as I chuckled and wore my suit again.

"The roses are on the ground now. " my words sad and a bit disappointed  i liked them glowing and above us like beautiful ornaments.

"Ohhh yes, of course. " she smiled and the roses floated above my head again and higher than hers.

"Do me a favor and hold my arm, your husband would kill me if you and the baby gets hurt. Most likely to start a war. " I chuckled as she nervously smiled and wrapped her hand at my arm.

The Queen was quiet though what I heard from Rieka she was a charming little girl who's also stubborn as hell. It was somehow shocking to believe that she killed a bunch of packs who were working for my uncle. I saw her how she fought my sister, now Laylana can't use her wolf anymore though of what I have known it was the Queen maintaining the peace between us.

Making way back to the castle that was once our great manor it had been quite silent as the flowers above my head followed us. The little children who have saw the beautiful glowing and sparkling roses have squeal in glee and danced as the flowers lowered down for them to touch. Turning late at the afternoon the roses from the park began to glow bright with gold glittering dust.  Lighting up our way as Maria hold my arm tighter as she looked at a distance towards a few group of she wolves carrying their babies and the kids playing at the sand box.

Her eyes watched silently at a woman trying to film a lil toddler knowing how to walk towards his father. Few tears slipped from her eyes as she wiped them away.

"Are you okay? " I asked while admiring the pleasant and enchanted view at the park.

"No... I miss him. "

"Your son? "

"Yes... " her voice so faint and low trying not to have a breakdown as I stopped asking questions.

"He was a happy baby... Very happy, despite from the pain of his wound. He... Was happy." Words coming out from her lips as she sighed and looked down, kicking her little feet to make the pebble leap.

"Well if he was happy then you have loved and cared for him right. " trying to encourage her.

"He wanted to live. " her voice cold and stern and was delivered through hatred.

Taking a glance,  her eyes had streaming blood tears as she silently cried and I didn't notice. We were close at the castles gates at this time and talking more about her deceased child wouldn't make her happy.

"Tell me, what were you thinking and smiling at the river a few minutes ago. " Diverting her mind away from her pain and regrets.  I hand over my handkerchief as she wiped away the tears.

"Picnic. "

"And why picnic? " my brow raised as I waited for an answer.

"I just thought that... Maybe a picnic would be nice there. "

"I agree to that, that spot at the river is my favorite and it's the best place to do things unknown. " I chuckled.

"Like bathing perhaps? " she smiled a little as her eyes brighten up and the roses still above our heads.

"Yeah... " I grinned as I laughed as she began to tell me about lynches and other small living organisms that could be a parasite living at the waters.

Our conversation was short lived as we both parted ways to change attires for the evening party. Dinner was lively and somehow intense.

NORMAL POV

"King Charles I believe your daughter is of age to be mated and be delivering grandkids to continue the family line! " the King of Faes boomed his voice as dinner progress.

"But she is a hybrid isn't she sire?  Wouldn't she be an outlaw King of Vampires? " Queen Titania boosted as much as her husband the King of Faes.

"She is utterly weak and defenseless as a vampire, she's not threat to me or my people. " he spatted at his wife didn't utter a word and remained fixed on eating her food while her husband wasn't interested at his glass of blood.

Oueen Titania chuckled hysterically while her blond locks bouncing ay her head lightly.

"Oh dear husband, it wouldn't be good to form a mutual contract with the she wolf if she couldn't even! " she mused as Laylana stared at her with rage and her father mad.

"What do you mean by mutual contract King of Faes? " King Charles asked.

"We all know the mutual contract of the King of Lust to his sister in law. " glancing at Maria.

"You are suggesting of impregnating my daughter? " his voice was loud and low with a stern tone full of anger.

"I have no plans of negotiations for power now, everyone knows the King of Vampires only invest at the best to ensure his power and his Queen is a baby booming! "

With his words the King of Faes suddenly choked and his face turned to dark as his wife looked at him with no empathy making Laylana scared as much to her father and brother confused.

"Dear brother would you allow such fool to say unpleasant words to our lil Maria. " Basile smirked as his horn grew over, the once noisy chattering diners are now silent and exchanging words silently and a few hand signals over the long table.

The King was clawing out his neck as he pleaded help over his wife who didn't gave him a thought or a glance to give as she rolled her eyes.

"I think that's enough shame for an unworthy fae to waste such power to Basile. " said Kind Damian to his brother as the host puffed and wanted to immensely kill the fae who have saw his daughter as a baby machine as well his meant to be daughter in law. He looked over at Maria unconcerned over the ruckus and was focused on eating her dessert as everyone wasn't quite finished with the main course. At her daughters direction, Atticus was holding her hand and telling her reassuring words, he knows what a mutual contract was. It was used to connect and built strong alliances for power by clans of supernatural beings just like his first born was a result of that. He had no thought of ever agreeing to place Laylana at a spot nor he will force Cole about it.

The King of Faes ended up going hime early due to his wounds and the damage he received on his neck as his wife stayed. The Queen had more power than him anyways and he was only used to fit in the place and was easy to dispose of, that's why he wanted to seek a powerful woman to have a child with and secure his position. He couldn't do so with the Queen of Vampires, he wasn't at that level of power and anything he found offer to her the King of Vampires and Lust had it all cut for her.

Tonight the party wasn't as loud or merrily as yesterday's coronation, Laylana went outside to take in some fresh air before she'll start losing her mind more. Under a willow tree and was a few miles away from the grand ball she lay down at the prickly long grass with dirt completely out of her mind.

Her peace and thoughts were disturbed by a small finger touching her cheeks while her eyes were close.

"Are you still alive? " the girl asked. "

"I wouldn't be if I didn't answer Maria. " opening her eyes, her friend smiled and sat down beside her, marveling at the tree as Maria swirled her right hand and the leaves laying in the ground floated back on the air with a soft glow.

"How have you've been? " her friend asked as Laylana didn't wanted to talk to her and was feeling mad as hell about her friend's husband and the king of Faes for calling her weak. She knew she was getting stronger with each lesson Atticus gave her and was in touch with the gym, ring and daily routine of improvement.

"I know I hurt you.. And well tonight about the mutual contract as well to my husband. " Maria spoke.

"I had a promise to not tell you who I really was and who I was with or where I was. Same to you, we did it to protect our love ones and it is our law as supreme beings. " said Maria.

"Why the fuck did you even agree to marry that shit?  Cole would have treated you so well and he did Maria!  You both can be happy, don't get me started about laws now but your face is the most saddest think I know." Laylana growled and was deeply hurt and worried with her friend.

"I married him cause I didn't had a choice, I was scared.... As for Cole, I chose you to maintain peace and balance between the two races. " her words made Laylana's heart bled, was she the reason why Maria couldn't have Cole as her lover?  .... She knows about bargaining and making deals with vampires from Atticus. Very well about having multiple lovers. She was mad over her friend who was only protecting her and Maria can be indecisively stupid about love and obsession. She knows that she's a good person.

"I'm sorry about the words I told you at the arena, Damian wanted me to say things that would make you mad so that he won't make the sealing hurtful. "

"Well he did, thank him for that. " Laylana rolled her eyes and sat down.

"No, he really kept his word. A sealing mark would have hurt more if he didn't bother to lessen the pain. Though still I'm sorry about Damian's behavior around you. "

"It's not your fault boo, I can deal with his ass and harsh treatment though what about you? How do you handle it? "

"Ohhh... That's easy, fear. "

"Seriously? "

"Yep and love. " Maria smiled as both came back walking together hand and hand at the grand party.

"With stockhold syndrome as well... " Maria whispered as Laylana looked at her friend with a sighing look.

***********
I'm backkkk!!!!!!  Sorry for the long months guys, I haven't been... Emotionally stable..💔 It's not easy hehhee. I hope you'll like this chapter and the drawing on top is "Yes, my digital artwork  of Maria and Damian! "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
11.3K 396 35
SINGING WITH THE QUEEN, Love Maria BOOK 2 of The Vampire Waltz Collection "Night or Day she'll knock on your door." "Killing away your first born, a...
22.1K 655 23
There are two types of vampires, the good and the bad. A world where vampires are mixed with humans, vampires control humans, killing innocent human...
266K 15.7K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...