Watching in the Wind

By OtsanaStories

~Completed~ Give me strength when I cannot see my weakness. Spiritual War that questions why tribe first. Tal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 6

177 25 0
By OtsanaStories

-Aiyana-

I walk down the aisle to Herrick and my eyes search for Tala. My heart can't help but ache at the notion that I will not be with him. I'm not sure what will happen in the future but he is who I wish I was with. Herrick takes my hand and we stand face to face. As they start a moment of silence the ground rumbles and something blows up. When I turn to Herrick I am sprayed with something red?!

Blood

His Blood

"Herrick!" I scream.

He is bending over grabbing his shoulder and chest and there is blood everywhere. His guys are grabbing at Herrick to pull him to safety. They reach towards me and as if by instinct I pull away. I want Tala. My eyes are searching the crowd of chaos and I can't see him. Everyone is screaming, warriors are rushing their families to safety, wherever that might be. When I finally see him, he is bent over holding his side. It's like I stop breathing.

"TALA!" I scream for him.

I start to move towards him when I feel someone hit my face and I stumble backward feeling dizzy. I fall to the ground and I try to gain my steadiness. I try to get up when I feel another explosion closer to us and another hit to my head. That's when darkness takes over and I physically cannot fight back.

I don't know how long I am out but I wake in a cell that looks to be underground. I am still in my wedding gown and it is still covered in blood and dirt. I slowly get off the floor to walk to see if I can see anything. It is barely lit so of course, I can't see a fucking thing. All of a sudden out of the dark I hear a familiar voice. My eyes go wide at the betrayal.

"Sweet Aiyana with the blue eyes... Best bargaining tool to have, don't you think?" Cusa says.

"Cusa?! What are you doing? You have betrayed your Chief!" I say.

"He was never going to be MY chief. His father was a selfish man! I can't believe you would stoop so low for an arranged marriage. Dedication to the tribe, yes. Stupidity, definitely yes," Cusa says. "HERRICK IS WEAK!!!"

His scream causes me to jump back. He has been planning this for a long time.

"Taking Tala out too, well that was just a bonus. Two top warriors took out. I can now take over the Tsuna Tribe and if I can convince your father for you to marry me, I will have your tribe as well. I know you will go along with it since you agreed to marry Herrick. Why not me? I was next in line for Chief if Herrick died." He continues.

"Tala?" I say. That seems to be the only thing I can focus on.

"Is dead," He says.

"No, no, no, no!!! Please NO!!" I scream.

Just like that, all that kept me together between the anger and longing for my best friend is gone. He can't be dead, right? But I saw him bent over? I physically feel my spirit breaking into a million pieces. Cusa can clearly see this.

"Amazing, I knew he meant more than just an escort to our land. It was written all over both of your faces!" Cusa says.

"YOU ARE A MONSTER!" I scream in pain. "My father will never agree to this force take over and I will never marry you!

"Yes, he will. You are the key to my reign over the tribes. Your father will agree or you will die in front of him, or he will die in front of your eyes." Cusa says boldly.

"You've started a war, what was the point? Power? You realize that as chief you are subject to your member's votes! Think you will get them by force?" I say.

"For the child, they prophesied about?! Absolutely! You know how the spirits and elders feel about the prophecy. How well this has gone so far, the spirits are in MY favor. They see me as the next grand chief and I will combine both tribes. I will have the mountains and the valleys as well as the ocean! They will write stories of my great reign and I will be the power of force and face of leadership for all to see!" He says.

I back away from the bars still staring at him. I back myself into a cold dark corner and sit down pulling my legs into my body. I can no longer hold my tears back as they fall silently down my face. Cusa has a plan, the most important people have been taken away from me. Tala is already gone. What do I do now?

"Don't worry, in due time you will be my bridge and then I can kill you and reunite you with Tala!" Cusa says laughing.

His cold laugh sends chills up my body. I know he means every word he says. When I hear a door shut I realize that I am alone. Finally letting the sobs come and I get up to look around. I see that I don't have a good way out. This may be a last-minute plan to escape or death will become me. I have to bide my time. He needs to think the spirits favor him. His long term plan will take time. To convince the Chief, the members of both tribes take over. Give me time to find my way out. My hopes are that my father will not agree and the tribe will speak against Cusa. Once I can escape, I can grieve the loss of my best friend and love. Grieve to the moon and sun. Grieve to the stars and pray to them that they lead my lost soul.

-Tala-

I am jolted awake by absolute panic

I scream in pain and look around to try and figure out where I am. I realize quickly that I am at the Tsuna tribe land being treated. I sit up quickly and attempt to get up.

"Lay back, you are still hurt. Graze wound and possible concussion from the blast. The stitches in your side are fresh so we don't want to rip them," Tanda says.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Tanda," she replies.

"Where is Aiyana?" I ask. I need to know where she is.

"I...um..." She says looking me in the eyes and stutters. Daring me or whoever else to challenge her panic. She is involved.

"She was taken. Cusa has betrayed our family. He has followers who disliked Herrick and his seat as next Chief," Askock says. "Tanda leave."

"I watch her leave and when she turns back to look at me I see that look I know all too well. Who the hell is this woman? I now have to question everyone's motive now. This plan was put in place a long time ago and was precisely executed. Aiyana was a target but not the main target.

"I will not ask again, where is Aiyana?" I say challenging Askock.

"Cusa took her, he believes that she will be the reason he can run this tribe and yours," Askock says. My eyes go wide looking at him. "I know what you are thinking and no, we do not know where they are."

"Herrick?" I say.

"Critical Condition. Not dead," He says.

"Have her parents been advised?" I ask.

"They have. I called them myself. They are on their way here now. Cusa has also contacted them. He is demanding proper marriage so he is next in line for not only our tribe but yours as well. He was next in line, but his betrayal will cost him votes," Askock says.

I nod in total disbelief. Anger is all I see and feel. She is innocent and she was taken from me.

I don't want to face the disappointment of my chief. Disappointed that I, his top warrior could not keep his daughter safe.

"Tala, we have our top trackers out there. Unfortunately, Cusa is also a very good tracker. I will not let him get away!" Askock says.

"Is Aiyana alive?" I ask.

"I don't know but I am going to assume so. He needs her safe until he can convince them for the proper marriage and take over the tribes," he responds. "Tribe first remember. His vision of tribe loyalty is severely misconstrued."

I shake my head to the comment but it is all too true. The decision can go either way. In the hands of a psychopath, it is a dangerous decision.

"Askock, I will not see harm come to my Chief, my tribe, and especially Aiyana! This is a warning that if you or anyone gets in my way, I hope you have come to terms with your life at the end of my gun barrel or the tip of my knife." I say.

"I understand and the feeling is the same. For Herrick and my tribe. The unity of our tribes is what the elders spoke of. Cusa declares war against us both. Even if Herrick doesn't make it, I refuse to follow Cusa. Let this be a continued alliance. You and Me. We will kill Cusa, rescue Aiyana, and we will bring peace to our lands." Askock says.

From what Herrick told me, Askock is worth trusting.

"Tanda..." I start.

"Is being watched," He says.

"Good," I say."Now, let's make a plan,"

I will cut the flesh from Cusa's body and hang it for all to see his betrayal. The moment he thought his plan through and the moment he convinced others to join is the moment he failed. He did not account for the wolf. I smell blood, his blood, and anyone who gets in the way.

He WILL find himself at the end of my knife... the gun is too quick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 5.2K 28
When Danielle Roberts or rather known as Danny, receives a history assignment about one of the world's most ruthless pirates from the 18th century, C...
8.8K 323 50
Angie has lost everyone she loved during the apocalypse. Friends and family. They were gone. She didn't have anybody until she met Rick's team and th...
34.6K 955 34
It started with a party and from there, it's all a blur. I don't know what happened but I do know one thing: I'm pregnant and I have no idea who the...
2.1K 781 72
(Part one of Rayanna's Story) Upon awakening, Rayanna is oblivious to the fact that her day will spiral into an adventure filled with aliens, experim...