Daughter of the Gods (Gilgame...

Galing kay zaczenemiji

"But we were destined to cross paths even by the hands of the gods." Born with royal blood, sister of a fine... Higit pa

Chapter One: Fruit of the Myth
Chapter Two: Amiable Ruler
Chapter Three: A Fine Day
Chapter Four: Al-Simr
Chapter Six: People of the Desert
Chapter Seven: No Place Like Home
Chapter Eight: Turning Point
Chapter Nine: Mark of Existence
Chapter Ten: Beyond the Desert
Chapter Eleven: Country to Conquer
Chapter Twelve: Damsel in Distress
Chapter Thirteen: Ten Dawns
Chapter Fourteen: Lion's Den
Chapter Fifteen: The Lioness' Pride
Chapter Sixteen: Cold Waters
Chapter Seventeen: A Dangerous Game
Chapter Eighteen: Show of Facade
Chapter Nineteen: One a Great King
Chapter Twenty: The Greater Good
Chapter Twenty-One: An Equal
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Contrary
Chapter Twenty-Three: Two-man Parade
Chapter Twenty-Four: Remnant of Kindness
Chapter Twenty-Five: Minute of Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Prejudice
Chapter Twenty-Seven: His Highest Majesty
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Watchful Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Daughter's Mourning
Chapter Thirty: Mysteries Unearthed
Chapter Thirty-One: Vermilion
Chapter Thirty-Two: Ominous Provocations
Chapter Thirty-Three: Unprecedented Home
Chapter Thirty-Four: Golden Ruby
Chapter Thirty-Five: Evil Pursuit
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Eleventh Dusk
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Afterglow
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Crown's Cost
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Sacred Enthronement
Chapter Forty: A Heroic Task
Chapter Forty-One: The First Moon
Chapter Forty-Two: Catalyst for Change
Chapter Forty-Three: Ethereal Glow
Chapter Forty-Four: Old Wives' Tale
Chapter Forty-Five: Butter Cake
Chapter Forty-Six: The Execution
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Sacred Mountain
Chapter Forty-Eight: Misfire
Chapter Forty-Nine: Scorching Darkness
Chapter Fifty: Overwhelming Force
Chapter Fifty-One: Empty Shell

Chapter Five: Chains of Heaven

1.5K 73 1
Galing kay zaczenemiji

You let out a sigh as your body dipped into the cold water of the oasis. "Ahh, nothing beats this feeling," you said. The water embraced your naked body like home. One of your arms rested by the edge, holding on the land to keep yourself in place while the other, the one that has the bracelet, remained underwater.

You didn't really know why you're keeping the bracelet away from Ajamu's sight. Perhaps you didn't want him to feel insufficient. He is enough. When it comes to safety, having him as your personal guard is more than enough. You wouldn't ask for more.

You knew how to wield some weapons but you've never had any serious combats before. you only had small duels with Ajamu which you won every time. You won not because you were strong enough to compare to him but because he always held back when he fought you.

Even if the thought of it pisses you, you both know that it's for the better. If Ajamu fought you with his full strength, you know you'd find yourself thrown to the opposite side of the room. Add a few broken bones to that, too. He isn't the army's supreme commander for no reason.

You are a strong willed woman with superior ideals. You are tough in all aspects except physically. That's one thing you hate to admit. That is why everyday, Ajamu finds himself training you to become mighty.

Despite knowing a few self defense techniques, Nefera does not let you go out alone. Even right now that you're bathing by the oasis, Ajamu is there. No, it's not what you think. The guy stands somewhere of good distance away from you to keep your privacy. You trust him and you know by heart that he is a man of respect. He masters self control and wouldn't in any way, violate you.

Your sister's overprotectiveness annoys you at times making you feel like a big baby but you know full well the reason behind it. You only live once. Literally. As the daughter of the gods, you're soul goes straight into the underworld to forever reside with Amara. That's the fate of the divine child. Once you get exposed to danger, that's the end for you. There are no second chances.

But every human is like that, you say? The case is different for you. There are many records that existed before you that the gods altered a person's life span. There are people that say they woke up from death because the gods exhaled life upon their bodies once more, allowing them a second chance at life.

It is indeed a fact that the gods measure you by your good deeds. If you're good deeds outdo your sins, they'd give you another chance to live so long as your loved ones would wish upon Chira. Aside from being the goddess of life, she is also known to be the deity of overflowing kindness. 

"You need not hide it from me," Ajamu broke you off your thoughts. Slowly, you shifted your weight on your feet that touched the sandy ground as you spun around to look at him. Only your shoulders up to your head is exposed; the rest of your body remained underwater.

Ajamu averted his gaze the moment you turned around. He leaned by a small tree a good distance away as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I thought you'd get disappointed," you said. Your gaze fell to the water's surface. 

Unexpectedly, Ajamu chuckled. You quickly looked back at him and at the small smile that formed on his lips. "Why would I?" He asked. "If anything, I'm proud of you. You should actually always bring that with you, you know? Who knows if something might happen to you and I'm not there."

Heaving a sigh, you replied, "Something just felt off this morning. I couldn't pin point what it was." Ajamu sat down and leaned his back towards the tree with a low thud. "Tell me about it," he said.

You once again turned around to your earlier position before you replied. "I was on my way out of my room when it caught my attention," you said. "Since then, I had the urge to bring it with me today. Nothing much." Or is it really nothing? You convinced yourself that it was just a random feeling and changed the topic.

"Anyway, tell me about your latest travel," you said. You turned around once more to face him. You placed your elbows on top of the land's edge to push yourself upwards as you placed your chin above your palms, watching him intently.

"Hmm let's see," he hummed. "What should I tell you about it? It was just a small trip to a land not far away from here to visit their army's commander who happens to be a friend too."

He was about to carry on speaking but stopped. You saw his eyes gleam as a memory resurfaced to his mind. "Oh when I was heading back, I had a few conversations with other travelers!" He exclaimed, getting excited. "It was already night by that time when I ran across a small bunch of travelers resting. There was fire there too and I needed to keep myself warm so I thought of joining them."

It makes you happy whenever Ajamu tells you about his travels. It made you want to explore too but due to your fragility, all you can do is imagine your dear friend's stories. "There was a kid; a young boy and he asked me about Al-Simr saying he wanted to go here so badly," Ajamu continued. "He said he got a painting from here and I guess that was the one you painted that day when you couldn't train with me because your muscles were sore."

"Ajamu, I can't!" You whined. "My body hurts." You walked down the hallway, a stone tablet and some pigment in hand. Your personal guard followed suit. "You sure about that?" He playfully asked. You delayed your response as you only replied when you reached the opening of your home.

"I am and stop giving me those puppy eyes. I ain't falling for that," you said as you walked around the open area, looking for a good spot. "You can't change my mind too." Sighing in defeat, he sat beside as you and watched you bring a plain stone tablet to life.

Suddenly, a loud explosion interrupted your flashback. You flinched in fear as you grabbed the piece of cloth you brought earlier and got off the water. Ajamu stood up as he rushed over to your side, bringing you your fresh change of clothes. "Let head back," he said, command flowing through of his voice.

You nodded and grabbed your clothes as he walked away to let yourself get dressed. You quickly put the pieces of cloth around your body and once done, you rushed towards Ajamu. He gave you a nod before you both dashed back to your home.

Upon your arrival by the foot of your edifice, you were welcomed with the sight of your people running around in panic not knowing where to go. You gasped at the chaotic sight in front of you. Never have you before seen your nation in such a devastating state.

"Help!" You heard a faint voice from a distance. Looking around, your eyes fell upon an old woman that lay on the ground. "Ajamu!" You exclaimed. He turned to look at you and eventually to the old woman. You ran towards her and helped her up. Ajamu arrived afterward and helped you.

"What's wrong?" You asked. You noticed that the old lady was having a hard time standing up. She probably lost balance and twisted her ankle when she was running. "A m-man," she struggled to speak. "T-there c-came a man... and he..." You gently rubbed her back as Ajamu held her in his arms. "...was looking for you." She pointed her finger towards your home.

You worriedly glanced towards your home. You looked back at the old lady then at Ajamu. Once your eyes met, you knew the way his eyes told you to stop whatever you are planning to do. "Ajamu, please take her somewhere safe," you said as you carefully removed your arms around the old lady.

You turned around as fast as you can so that Ajamu won't be able to stop you but unfortunately, you weren't quick enough. He was able to hold your hand. "Ajamu, let go!" You said. 

"Princess, it's dangerous!" He said. His eyes were pleading for you to stay. 

"Whoever it is that caused this trouble, I am the one they want."

"Your ⁠highn—"

"Do you trust me?" You cut him off. His eyes widened. Your voice softened a bit. "I will be fine," you said as you placed your free hand on top of his. "Trust me." With that, his grip on your hand eased. You took that chance to free your hand from him and ran.

You dashed upward towards the flight of stairs that lead to the entrance of your house. You struggled a bit and almost tripped over but luckily, you were able to place your hand down on the ground before you completely lost balance. 

When you reached the upper platform, you bend over, hands on your knees as you heaved a few deep breaths. Once your heartbeat has calmed down, you stood straight. You saw your sister calmly sitting on her throne. In front of her was... a woman? There was a person standing there. Their back was turned towards you, showing their long green hair.

Stealthily, you made your way to the sides as you entered. You were careful not to have the mysterious person notice you. When you were close enough to hear their conversation, you hid behind a pillar to listen.

"Where is she?" The person asked.

"Why should I tell you?" Your sister asked back. Even in front of danger, she remains collected. Little did you know, in her mind, she was hoping you wouldn't go back until this person is taken care of.

"The reason for my business will only be discussed once the person being looked for is present."

"I'l tell you one last time," your sister said. "Leave, or else..." 

"Or else what?" The person replied. "You've got no soldiers left to protect you."

You carefully took a peak to see what was happening. Your eyes widened as you saw your men laying on the ground motionless. You worried they might be dead. You looked once again towards the mysterious foreigner.

Around him, small circles of light appeared. Within those lights, you saw blades coming out of them. For a second, you wondered what those were but you knew they weren't for good use. You felt a wave of fear wash over you.

"I'l tell you one last time," the person said, mocking your sister. "Tell me where the princess is or else..." Your mind froze yet your body moved in response to your instincts. You quickly slid the bracelet off your wrist and activated a few magic circuits, allowing it to flow through the jewel you held in your hand.

"I'll give you five seconds to speak," the person said as they noticed your sister's lack of response. "Five... four... three..." With every second that passed, you prepared yourself. "Two... One..." 

The moment they reached the last number, you pushed yourself off the ground and dashed towards the scene. Chains. You saw chains. They were coming out of the circular lights and heading towards your sister. "Here goes nothing," you thought.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

18.4K 702 27
Fate is unchangeable. Fate is absolute. Fate is the most supreme thing. But what if fate was to be changed? Someone who can change such things? Which...
190K 7.4K 58
In Archer's last moment during the Holy Grail War, he made a promise to Rin, to try his best. Not knowing if he was even capable of keeping up such a...
287K 17.1K 49
The prospect of becoming an Empress seemed blissful, yet the reality proved to be more cursed than she could have imagined. Every day, Nayantara's wh...
13.2K 520 6
Quick Summary: Y/N reincarnates into the Fate universe with powers similar into that of Clive and Joshua from FF16. Basically, Y/N has the powers of...