Forgive or Forget

By SueLou66

Cheryl and Reed had a whirlwind romance. Reed swept Cheryl off of her feet. Her family and friends thought th... More

Prologue
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 11

151 23 24
By SueLou66

"What the hell did you do?" Kandie demanded.

"What do you mean? What the hell did I do?" I ask innocently.

Kandie waves her hand towards my engagement ring. "Did Reed pop the question?"

"Oh shit! You're talking about my engagement ring?" I proclaimed.

Kandie looks at me with an attitude. "Of course I am. I have one question. When?"

I know that I'm in trouble. "When?"

"Yes, Cheryl. When the hell did Reed ask you to marry him?" she demanded.

It's then that I realize why she's so upset with me. "Promise not to freak out on me?"

Kandie shakes her head. "I absolutely cannot make that promise to you."

I cringe and whisper, "Friday."

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? When were you planning on telling me?" she shouts.

"I'm so sorry, Kandie. This weekend has been a whirlwind," I apologize.

Kandie sighs, "Every weekend is a whirlwind regarding Reed."

I know that she's right. I can't help myself around Reed. No one else exists when we're together.

"Kandie, I know that Reed has overtaken much of my free time on weekends, but I love our time together. He makes me feel like I'm the only woman in this world. It's quite intoxicating," I try to explain.

Kandie softens her attitude. "Listen, Cheryl. I get it. I've never seen you so happy as you have been these last several months, but it still hurts my feelings that I had to find out three days after your engagement that it happened. Then, I had to see the ring myself. It would help if you could call me and share your good news. Have you even called your mother?"

I lower my eyes from Kandie. I didn't even call my mother. "I didn't. What kind of friend and daughter am I?"

Kandie replies, "You're a woman that is in love. Your mind is mush."

She smiles at me, and I know that she forgave me. Thank goodness. I stand up, and she quickly approaches me and hugs me tightly.

"Congratulations, now let me look at this ring." Kandie pulls away, and I hold out my hand for her inspection.

"Wow! Gorgeous! Reed has great taste in rings and women!" she exclaims.

"Are you and Tank still coming next weekend?" I ask.

Kandie grins. "We wouldn't miss it."

I love my best friend. I tell her, "Reed's friend Todd is coming too. It will be nice to meet up with everyone before the wedding."

"Did you know that Reed would propose when you planned this barbecue?" she questions.

I shake my head. "I didn't. It was Reed's idea, so I think he wanted our friends to meet before the wedding."

I smile at the thought that Reed had planned all of this.

Kandie goes to leave my office. Before she does, she turns towards me. "He sounds like a great guy. If you love him, he has to be pretty amazing."

"He is." I agree.

***

Reed is in the backyard grilling when Kandie and Tank arrive.

Kandie knocks on my door, and then she enters. "I brought your favorite fudge brownies."

"Yum! Thank you! Do I have to share?" I whine.

Kandie laughs. "That, my beautiful friend, is up to you."

I take the brownies from Kandie and place them on my counter.

I see Tank coming in behind Kandie. "Hey, Tank! How have you been? It's been forever since we've seen each other."

Tank smirks at me. "Someone has been very busy with her guy!"

I smile as we hug. I met Tank around the same time as Kandie. He was sweet to Kandie from the moment that he met her. He worked hard to win Kandie's heart. They've been married for two years.

"Guilty! Come on back and meet my man." Tank and Kandie follow me to the backyard and over to Reed.

"Babe, this is Kandie and her husband Tank," I introduce my friends to Reed.

Reed turns down the grill's temperature and turns to meet my two good friends.

Reed smiles. "I already feel like I know you both. Cheryl talks about you all of the time."

"All good, I hope," Kandie replies.

"Nothing but good things, I promise," Reed assured her.

"It's very nice to finally meet the man who was lucky enough to steal this girl's heart." Tank reaches his hand out to Reed.

The men exchange a handshake and a warm smile.

"I know I have monopolized her weekends, but I will not apologize." Reed looks at me and grins brightly.

God, I love this man.

Tank laughs. "Hey, man, we understand. No apology necessary."

"You make her extremely happy. That's all that matters to us," chimes in Kandie.

"That all changes if you break her heart," Tank warns Reed.

Reed places his arm around me and pulls me into his side. "Her heart is also significant to me, and I'll do my best to ensure it never breaks."

My heart swells at hearing his words. I kiss him softly on the cheek, and he kisses my forehead.

I hear the doorbell. "I'll be right back."

I go and answer the front door.

"Hi, you must be Todd. I see you brought someone! Reed wasn't sure that you would. Hi, I'm Cheryl," I greet Todd and his friend.

I reach my hand out, and Todd takes it and brings it to his mouth to kiss it. His eyes roam over my entire body, making me feel highly uncomfortable.

"It's my pleasure to meet the girl who has taken my boy by storm. Meet Patty." He nods in the direction of a bleach-blonde woman with deep blue eyes.

Her red lipstick matches her spaghetti strap romper. Her skimpy outfit hardly contains her large breasts.

"Hey! Thanks for the invite." She smiles while checking out my home.

"Um... you're welcome. Please come on back. Reed's grilling." I step aside to let them in.

Patty comes inside first as Todd follows close behind her. He gives me a wink as he walks by me. So far, I'm not impressed with Reed's best friend.

Reed sees Todd enter the backyard. "Todd!"

Todd slaps Reed on the shoulder. "Hey, man!"

Reed notices Patty. "And who is this?"

I watch as Reed politely smiles at the woman on Todd's arm.

Todd smirks. "This is Patty."

"Nice to meet you." I see her checking out my man like Todd was checking me out.

I push down the feeling of taking her by her bottled blonde hair and poking her eyes out.

"Nice to meet you, too. Thank you for joining us." Reed politely replies.

Reed's attention goes back to Todd. "Want a beer?"

If I didn't know any better, I think that I see a hint of disappointment in Todd as Reed looks past Patty, gives me a sweet smile, and winks at me, totally ignoring the big-chested blonde in front of him. I smile back.

I didn't even notice Kandie come up beside me. "What's with big tits?"

I laugh and turn towards her. "I don't know. She's Todd's plus one. As far as I know, he picked her up on the way here. Come on; I'll introduce you."

We walk over to the grill where Reed, Todd, and Patty stand. Tank joins us.

I introduce our friends. "Todd, Patty, these are my good friends Kandie and Anthony Fowler, but everyone calls him Tank."

They all exchange pleasantries.

I turn to Patty. "Patty, can I get you a glass of wine or a beer?"

"A beer would be great, thank you." She smiles.

"Dinner is ready!" Reed announces.

We approach the table as Reed brings over the chicken and burgers. We enjoy our meal together with our friends. Reed holds my hand throughout the meal as we all exchange embarrassing moments of the past with each other. 

I notice Todd staring at me several times throughout the evening. It's creepy and very unnerving. Yeah, I'm not a fan of Todd's.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383 42 34
"𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓪, 𝓶𝔂 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷. 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓬𝓾𝓶 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸...𝓯𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓮𝓼." H...
6.5K 681 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...
277K 11K 114
BLURB: She fell and rose again minus her heart. She had lost her life and her breaths tainted her future. She knew it was wrong that HE was wrong but...
7.3K 688 13
Life is a thirsty hell, and people in it are monsters. Twenty-one-year-old Ava, however, thinks her life is perfect. She has a hands-on mother who is...