When a Monster Strikes

By TheSPNFriends

Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life see... More

Chapter One: The Pony Caper
Chapter Two: Rachel's Gone
Chapter Three: Pie and Magicians
Chapter Four: Motel Shenanigans
Chapter Five: The Dead Garden
Chapter Six: Monsters Are Real
Chapter Seven: The Hunt Continues
Chapter Eight: The Truth of it All
Chapter Nine: Research and Guns
Chapter Ten: The End of the Beginning
Chapter Eleven: A Monster Killed My Friend
Chapter Twelve: There goes my Burger
Chapter Thirteen: Abandon All Hope
Chapter Fourteen: Worth a Shot
Chapter Fifteen: Brace For Impact
Chapter Sixteen: Surrounded
Chapter Seventeen: Too Late
Chapter Eighteen: Enter THE DEVIL
Chapter Nineteen: Sam, Interrupted
Chapter Twenty: Loony Tunes
Chapter Twenty-One: We Need to Go
Chapter Twenty-Two: Are you with me?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Swap Meat
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Demon's Importance
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Pickett's
Chapter Twenty-Six: Demon Summoning Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Something's Wrong with Sam
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Teenagers
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sam and Dean's Past
Chapter Thirty: The Song Remains the Same
Chapter Thirty-One: Best Friend Bonding Time?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Demons in the Supermarket
Chapter Thirty-Three: Revelations and Forgiveness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Protection Against Demons and Angels
Chapter Thirty-Five: My Bloody Valentine
Chapter Thirty-Six: Hunters Gonna Hunt
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Sam Knows
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Famine
Chapter Forty: Safety Plan
Chapter Forty-One: Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Chapter Forty-Two: More Dead than Alive
Chapter Forty-Three: What's Dead Should Stay Dead
Chapter Forty-Four: Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter Forty-Five: Reunion
Chapter Forty-Six: 99 Problems of No Return
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Other Brother
Chapter Forty-Eight: Brawls and Battles
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Witches Bond
Chapter Fifty: The Least Likely of Duos
Chapter Fifty-One: To Kill a Witch
Chapter Fifty-Two: Zombie Mob
Chapter Fifty-Three: Hammer of the Gods
Chapter Fifty-Four: Hotel of Death
Chapter Fifty-Five: We Gotta Get Out of this Place
Chapter Fifty-Six: Stream Ghostfacers Now!
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Two Demons Walk into a Bar
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Devil You Know
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter Sixty: The Deal
Chapter Sixty-One: Storming the Warehouse
Chapter Sixty-Two: Swan Song
Chapter Sixty-Three: The Tales of a Prophet
Chapter Sixty-Four: Endgame
Chapter Sixty-Five: Moving Onward
Chapter Sixty-Six: Author's Note PLEASE READ!! (Sequel Information)

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Talking it Out

16 2 11
By TheSPNFriends

My Bloody Valentine Continued

    Once Dean finally rejoined his brother and Jess, the three of them got to work

    "What does a demon have to do with any of this?" Dean asked Sam.

    "Believe me, I've got no idea."

    The elder Winchester asked his brother if he was alright while watching Jess, who seemed more preoccupied with trying to find something on TV than anything else.

    "Yeah, yeah, I'll be alright."

    "Jess okay?"

    "Yeah," Sam said and nodded vigorously, "Why wouldn't she be?"

    Dean narrowed his eyes and leaned toward the younger Winchester, "Look, I didn't hear your argument, but it sounded pretty heated. Just wanted to make sure that everyone is ready to roll."

    "Yeah... we're okay..."

    "What were you arguing about then?"

    Sam got all defensive and backed slightly away from Dean, "Look, can we not do this now."

    "It's a simple question, dude," Dean stated and shrugged his shoulders. Sam knew if he didn't say something then Jessica would, and he couldn't let that happen. He lowered his tone and made sure Jess wasn't listening.

    "She said my hair looked funny and I was in a bad mood because of this guy. It kinda blew out of proportion. Just shut up about it. I know it was out of line, and I apologized."

    Dean leaned back and thought, because to him it didn't seem like something Jess would say, but it accepted Sam's excuse. "Can't say she's wrong, Sammy, you could use a haircut." He then pulled the briefcase that he'd come in with over to them, "Alright, let's crack her open. What's the worst that could happen?"

    The brothers unlocked the case and as soon as they popped open the lid a bright light escaped, surrounding them all. Castiel appeared in front of Jessica who was still avoiding Sam. She briefly smiled at the angel before he turned around to look at the brothers who were still shielding their eyes from the brightness.

    Dean looked at his brother and then said, "What the heck was that?"

    From behind them came the voice of an angel...Castiel's to be exact.

    "It's a human soul. It's starting to make sense." Said the angel then proceeded to take a bite out of the burger that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

    Jessica eyed the angel for a moment. 'Was that another burger?' She then metaphorically shrugged it off...who was she to judge an angelic man and his food preferences.

    "Now, what about that makes sense?" Sam asked.

    And Dean quickly followed with, "And when did you start eating?"

    Cas walked forward, towards him and continued, "Exactly. My hunger... it's a clue, actually."

    Both brothers, at the exact same time, ask, "For what?"

    Jessica tried to pay attention to the boys but found herself much more interested in staying out of their way as they discussed what was happening. Cas was going on about burgers and his vessel so Jess decided it would be alright to pop out to the vending machine.

    As she grabbed a bag of chips, Chloe appeared out of nowhere.

    "Hey."

    "Chloe. What're you doing here?"

    "Just checkin in. You okay?" Chloe asked as Jess looked around to make sure Sam hadn't followed her or anyone else for that matter.

    "Who are you looking for?"

    "Sam, he knows you're a demon. He's mad." Jess sighed.

    "Oh."

    Jess just shrugged and opened the chips, offering some to Chloe who grabbed a handful and shoved them in her mouth. They stood there for a few minutes and ate chips until Jess took a breath. "It's just. I'm not sure if I can be a hunter. I feel like I'm always in the way. What if I kill someone?" Chloe took Jess' hand and they started walking in the opposite direction of the room.

    "That's kinda the point Jess."

    "No, I mean Sam won't trust me now. I know he won't.  If he doesn't trust me then I can't be around them. I wish Rachel was here. She'd know what to do."

    "Listen to what you're saying, this is Sam. Teddy bear, salad loving Sam. And I know I'm not Rachel but, if I may be frank...the way you handled those demons the other day just goes to show that you are more than capable. It takes a little time and a little practice."

    "It did take them a while to warm up to Cas. Maybe it will be like that. Anyway, maybe not pop by for the next few days unless you know I'm in mortal peril or something." Jess said and pulled the demon into a hug before they bought more snacks from the vending machine.

 • • • • • •

    (Sam's POV)

    Sam was wiping his face with a washcloth as Dean and Cas were still discussing Famine when he heard Jessica come back into the motel room. He was having a little trouble focusing at the moment but apparently, Famine was here to cause total chaos in the form of starvation and hunger. Sam had that placed on the back burner because he was hungry and not for normal food.

    "We should stop it," Castiel spoke within the awkward silence around a mouthful of burger.

    "Hey, that's a great idea. How?" Dean asked.

    "How did you stop the last horseman you met?"

    "War got his mojo from this ring. And after we cut it off, he just tucked tail and ran. And everybody that was affected, it was like they woke up out of a dream. You think Famine's got a class ring, too?"

    "I know he does," Cas said.

    "Ok well, let's track him down and get to crackin." Dean said and crossed his arms.

    "Yeah." Cas stood up and looked into the fast-food bag.

    "What are you, the hamburgler?"

    "I've developed a taste for ground beef." Is all Cas said.

    Sam wiped his face with a washcloth again as he tried to hold in the heavy breathing. He could feel the sweat dripping down his back and he wanted it to stop, wanted it to all go away.

    "Hey, Jessie, wanna help us try to figure out a way to gank this guy?"He heard Dean call out and he whipped to the door to try to close it but it was too late. He came face to face with Jess.

    "Sam?" She asked in the doorway and took a step forward. He quickly turned away from her, until he caught a whiff of something. He was practically towering over the small girl. As Sam moved closer to her, Jess backed up right into Dean.

    "Jess?" Dean asked as she bumped into him. Sam was starring straight at her. He narrowed his eyes but didn't want to get in between their business.

    "Whatever, let's roll."

    Sam who was struggling looked at his brother "Dean...I, um...I can't, I can't go." Sam said as moved around Jess.

    "What?" Dean asked and squinted his eyes.

    "You're infected?" Cas asked and Sam nodded.

    "And that means I can't go." He said and Dean crossed the room for his bag and produced a pair of handcuffs.

    "Maybe I should stay with him. You know, make sure he's not coming down with something."

    Dean walked closer to Sam, "I don't think you can help him, Jessie. It's not a normal kind of sickness."

    "No...it's alright. She can stay...and make sure I don't get out." Sam interrupted.

    Dean looked as if he was about to disagree with his brother's words but stopped and looked at Jess, "You sure you don't wanna come with us. Could be a pretty great learning opportunity if you're actually serious about being a hunter?" Jess seemed to deflect quickly but Sam saw the forlorn look on her face.

    "I just don't want to get in your way...I'm not sure if I can just kill people even though they're being possessed by demons...it's still someone else's' body." She said in defense.

    Dean only nodded and then proceeded to cuff Sam to the sink in the bathroom.

    "Uh, Cas. Be careful. Watch out for Dean." Jess said and patted the angel on the shoulder. He gave her a firm nod and she joined Sam before the door was shut. She sat down against the opposite wall in front of Sam.

    The scuff of the dresser being shoved across the floor to cover the door could be heard and then the exterior door to the motel opening and shutting. Jess took a breath and then looked at Sam. "So...why didn't you tell Dean about Chloe?"

    "We're jumping right in then?" Sam asked, leaning his head back against the wall. He didn't want to do this now, with her.

    "Why not? I'd thought it'd be easier than discussing why you had blood on your face earlier...whatever's wrong with you Sam...It'll be okay." Jess said.

    "You really think so?" He asked.

    "Well yeah...you're one of the strongest dudes I know."

    Sam did that self-deprecating smirk thing he often does before he raised his eyes back towards Jess.

    "I didn't tell Dean about your friend because there is so much going on, it would've distracted him...made him worried for your safety...and I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. A while back, there was this demon I knew...her name was Ruby and she...I trusted her with my life. With Dean's life and she betrayed me because that's what demons do. I should have seen it coming to be honest but Dean was gone and I was so lost, Jess. She lied to me, made me think she was there for me only to sell us out in the end." He was worried that this demon that had attached itself to her was only there for trouble. 

    He truly was only looking out for the girl.

    "I am sorry Sam, truly," Jess whispered.

    "It's just that you don't know the world like we do. It's dark and scary and trusting a demon usually gets you killed and I don't want you to die." He said and started the breathe harder. Jess grabbed a washcloth and stuck it under the faucet.

    "I know you're just looking out for me Sam...but I don't think you have to worry about her. Besides, Cas knows her...they work together." Jess told him as she crouched down to wipe his brow.

    "Do they now?" He asked with a look of disbelief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 10.3K 19
[ COMPLETED IN 2015 - UNDERGOING EDITING IN 2020 ] ❝Who the hell are you two? Coming in here guns blazing. This isn't Texas.❞ ❝I'm Dean Winchester. T...
5.5K 210 29
In this rewrite of CW's hit TV Show 'Supernatural'. Y/N L/N is a longtime friend of the notorious Winchester Brothers, coming from a long line of hu...
80.1K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
21K 919 89
Two girls are pulled from the world where Supernatural is a TV show into the world where Sam and Dean are real hunters chasing real monsters. The tim...