The Narnian Prophecy » Narnia...

By mocha_rice0

(Book 1)[COMPLETED] (Characters aged up: Edmund and reader are 15) Y/n L/n is the granddaughter of Professor... More

The Narnian Prophecy
Meeting the Pevensies
Hide and Seek
I Think I Believe You Now
Why, Edmund?
Back In Narnia
Beaver
The Witch's Castle
Mr. Fox
Father Christmas
Aslan's Camp
Edmund is Back
Aslan's Death
The Battle
Our Coronation
A New Narnia
Dragons
A Masquerade Ball
A Bet of Gold Coins
Chore Day in Cair Paravel
A Dance at Midnight
Alliance Reunion
Midnight Orchid
Our Wedding Day
The Pirate Queen
Unexpected Addition
Duels and Nightmares
We're Back?
Home
The Sequel is Up!
New Book?

The Summer Witch

19.2K 566 712
By mocha_rice0

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

"Hold on just a minute!" I yelled trying to escape the grasp of the dwarf that was shoving me by the chains binding my arms together, "I've done nothing wrong!"

He just grunted and kept pushing me down the icy halls. I'm not even sure how I ended up in this situation, I was just walking through a room full of weird statues with Edmund when a wolf pounced on us. As soon as Edmund told him his name the wolf backed off but had ordered this dwarf to bring me somewhere else when I told him my name was Y/n L/n. I couldn't understand what made Edmund so special, or what made me so special.

"Get in," The dwarf pushed me into an empty ice room, it seems everything here is made of ice. After locking some ice chains around my legs that were anchored to the ice floor, (I would kill for some regular dirt at this point) the dwarf shut and locked the door of the room.

"The Queen will see you shortly," He grumbled through the door. I listened as his quick footsteps faded down the hallway.

I looked around the room for any escape, but the only options were the door and the tiny window that let in a sliver of light. Sighing, I sat down and leaned against the wall, deciding to wait for this "Queen" to show up. Only a couple of minutes had passed before I heard the grumbling of the dwarf again, this time accompanied by the sound of heels tapping across the icy floor. I scrambled to my feet, not wanting to look weak in front of these people. The door swung open to reveal an eerily beautiful woman with skin so pale it looked unhealthy. She had her white-blonde hair up in a tall updo that I didn't even know the name of and a beautiful long dress covered in more ice.

"You must be Y/n, Edmund's told me all about you." She smiled cruelly and stepped into my small room.

I tried not to back away from her, "And you must be The Queen, Edmund has also told me about you."

That smile was still plastered on her face, "Tell me Y/n," she swung something in her left hand and a chair of ice appeared, "what do you know of The Prophecy?"

I watched her take a seat before answering, "What prophecy?"

She laughed heartily for a moment but abruptly stopped and swung the thing in her hand to point at my face. "Don't play games with me." She warned.

"I'm not lying! I don't know anything about a prophecy!"

"Then why are you here?"

I hesitated, "Because I couldn't let Edmund go alone."

The Queen looked into my eyes as if trying to see if I was telling the truth. She lowered her scepter-spear thing, "You speak the truth. Very well, I have no use for you, then."

"What?"

She stood up, "Guard!"

A large ogre thing came into the room with a club and bared its tusks at me. The Queen turned to me, "Throw her in with the faun."

---

The ogre opened up a small ice cell and tossed me in.

"Umph!" I grunted as I hit the floor, I would definitely have a bruise. I rolled over and looked up to see the ogre lock the cell and walk back out into the hallway.

"Y/n? Is that you?"

I gasped and spun around, "Mr. Tumnus!" I cried.

He laughed and I scooted over to give him a hug. "Oh my goodness, we thought you were a goner!"

Mr. Tumnus pulled away, "We? Lucy is back in Narnia too?"

"Not just her, Peter, Susan, and Edmund too."

"I see. But what are you doing here?" He gestured to the prison cell.

"I'm not sure," I didn't want to say it was because of Edmund, he might get the wrong idea. "The Witch asked if I knew about some sort of prophecy and when I said I didn't she tossed me in here."

"I'm surprised no one has told you yet, I would assume they would have made sure to tell you."

"What do you mean? What is this prophecy?"

He smiled. "I shall tell you. It goes like this: "When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.'"

I frowned, "You know, that doesn't exactly rhyme."

"You're missing the point!" He laughed, "It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve will aid the Summer Witch," He pointed to me, "in defeating the White Witch and will restore peace to Narnia."

I looked at him for a moment then promptly burst out laughing.

"And you think I'm the Summer Witch?"

"Well, yes! You are the only non-Pevensie and you're a Daughter of Eve." He said as if that cleared everything up.

"But I don't have any powers, I'm just a human."

"The only reason you can't use your powers yet is that you don't have your... conductor!" He exclaimed.

"Like how radios don't work without antennas?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure what those are but yes!" Mr. Tumnus smiled, "Actually, I might have something you could use."

I watched him dig around in his scarf. What could possibly fit in a scarf?

"Aha!" He pulled out a set of panpipes. "This might work as a conductor, my kind has used it for generations for simple party tricks but you might be able to use it for much more."

He held them out to me and I carefully took them. I looked at him skeptically but he motioned for me to blow into the bamboo pipes. I gently placed my lips on the edge and blew, trying to mimic what I remembered of his gentle song from the other day. To my great surprise, beautiful music began to flow out of the flute, and with it a warm glow. Making sure not to stop playing, I watched the strings of warm light float around the room.

Mr. Tumnus reached up and ran his fingers through the light, "It's warm, much like a small flame."

I stopped playing. "Wait a second." I scooted over to the ice wall farthest from the door and prayed it was an outer wall of the castle. "What if this light can melt the wall?"

"I see you're no longer denying that you are the Summer Witch." He grinned.

"Oh, be quiet. This is some pretty hard evidence." I held up the flute.

"Well then, try your best to master it now, because I don't know when The Witch will come back."

I nodded and turned back to the wall as Mr. Tumnus scooted to sit behind me, blocking me from the view of any guards who might walk by. I held the pipes up to my lips once again and began to play a new song, one with more strength and more fast-paced. The light started to stream out again, only this time less curious and more focused, flying straight for the corner of the wall I was facing. The longer I played, the brighter and hotter it got and the more ice I melted away. I was nearly three quarters done when Mr. Tumnus tapped my shoulder. I stopped playing.

"I can hear them down the hall. Hurry and play faster, you must escape, the fate of Narnia depends on it." He whispered.

One look at him and I knew he wasn't planning on coming along, he would make sure to cover my escape route. I nodded and began to play faster, this time much more desperate. The wall melted quickly, leaving only a thin barrier that I kicked out with my foot. I poked my head out of the hole and realized I wasn't specific enough with my praying. The wall was indeed an outer wall, but it was also multiple stories above the ground. I pulled my head back in and turned to Mr. Tumnus, now fully aware of the footsteps only a couple of feet down the hall.

Pulling him into a tight hug I whispered, "Thank you."

He hugged me tighter, "Take care of Lucy, and good luck."

And with that, I jumped out of the tower.

EDMUND'S POV

The dwarf Ginarrbrik pushed me into a cell with a dagger at my back to make sure I didn't try anything. It's not like I would anyway, I don't have any means to attack him. What I was really worried about was where they took Y/n, I didn't want her hurt on my account.

Ginarrbrik locked the cuffs around my ankles and made sure the chains connected to them were anchored to the ground before leaving. I looked over to the small tray of food on the floor, consisting of a frozen piece of bread and a cup of ice. Reaching over to it, I grabbed the bread and took a bite, immediately regretting it and spitting the foul thing out. I quickly grabbed the cub to flush out the horrible taste but remembered it was only ice and threw it onto the floor.

"If..."

I looked up to see the cell next to mine had a wall knocked out, revealing a faun laying against a wall.

"If you're not going to eat that..." He said, inching towards me. I grabbed my bread and held it out to him while scooting across the floor.

"I'd get up, but..." He leaned against the bars, "...but my legs."

Looking at his legs I noticed how frozen they looked, not to mention that they were goat legs. Wait a second... a faun.

"Mr. Tumnus?" I guessed.

"What's left of him." He sighed and looked up at me, "You're Lucy Pevensie's brother."

"I'm Edmund."

"Yes. Yes, you have the same nose."

I was silent for a moment, debating the possibility of her being here earlier. "Have you seen Y/n?"

He looked at the door before turning to me, "She came here with you?"

"Yes, we got separated by The Queen's police earlier and I haven't seen her since."

"She was here only a couple of minutes ago, but she escaped." He pointed to a small hole in the far wall.

My eyes widened, "She jumped out?!"

"Yes."

I gaped at him, how could he be so calm? She probably fell to her death! Before I could yell at him The Queen slammed open the doors and I scrambled away from Mr. Tumnus.

"My police tore that dam apart." She said and walked to stand in front of me, "Your little family are nowhere to be found."

She roughly grabbed my collar and hoisted me up, "Where did they go?" she growled.

"I-I don't know!" I stammered.

"Then you're of no further use to me." Dropping me she raised her scepter to turn me to stone.

"Wait! The beaver said something about Aslan!"

Mr. Tumnus looked up. The Queen stopped.

"Aslan? Where."

"He's a stranger here, Your Majesty." The faun interrupted, "He can't be expected to know anything-" Ginarrbrik smacked him in the head with the butt of an ax.

The Queen looked at him distastefully, "I said... where is Aslan?"
Looking over, I saw Mr. Tumnus's eyes pleading me not to say anything. "I... I don't know. I left before they could say anything!"

She looked over suspiciously. "I wanted to see you!" I cried.

"Guard!" She yelled and an ogre stumbled into the room. "Release the faun."

The big thing waddled to Mr. Tumnus and used his club to break the cuffs on the faun's hooves. He cried out in pain as the ogre dragged him across the floor to The Queen.

"Do you know why you're here, faun?"

The poor faun pushed himself up to look at her, "Because I believe in a free Narnia."

"You're here..." She pointed her scepter at me, "... because he turned you in. For sweeties."

I looked over to him, realizing what I had done. His eyes showed betrayal and hurt.

"Take him upstairs." The Witch commanded.

-Second chapter today! This one was really long hehe. Y/n finally got to discover her powers, and Edmund is realizing what he's done. At least this means things get interesting from now on. Again, thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes!-

-Mocha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 5.1K 31
"Will you just shut up" !!!!! I shouted loudly turning towards her ,she was literally getting on my nerves now "Don't you dare shout...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
28.1K 479 32
When Harry Potter lives in Fear of what yet to come after his unpeaceful 1st and 2nd years at Hogwarts, he meets a girl the one for him, as he calls...
4.7M 141K 52
❝Y/N Parker? I like the sound of that.❞ // ❝Yeah, me too.❞ | Peter Parker x Reader | SECOND PLACE WINNER OF THE TURQUOISE AWARDS! THIS BOOK IS COP...