The Narnian Prophecy » Narnia...

By mocha_rice0

(Book 1)[COMPLETED] (Characters aged up: Edmund and reader are 15) Y/n L/n is the granddaughter of Professor... More

The Narnian Prophecy
Meeting the Pevensies
Hide and Seek
I Think I Believe You Now
Why, Edmund?
Back In Narnia
Beaver
The Summer Witch
Mr. Fox
Father Christmas
Aslan's Camp
Edmund is Back
Aslan's Death
The Battle
Our Coronation
A New Narnia
Dragons
A Masquerade Ball
A Bet of Gold Coins
Chore Day in Cair Paravel
A Dance at Midnight
Alliance Reunion
Midnight Orchid
Our Wedding Day
The Pirate Queen
Unexpected Addition
Duels and Nightmares
We're Back?
Home
The Sequel is Up!
New Book?

The Witch's Castle

20.6K 572 521
By mocha_rice0

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

The little hut was barely big enough for us humans to stand in, Peter's head had nearly scraped the ceiling when he walked to the small table the Beavers had them sit at. There wasn't enough room for all seven of us to sit so Edmund and I volunteered to sit on the stairs behind the other siblings, though I'm pretty sure Edmund just wanted to be away from his siblings.

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Peter asked the Beavers across the table.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's." Mr. Beaver explained, "You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again."

"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver interrupted before her husband could worry the humans even more. I watched Lucy force a small smile. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

Mr. Beaver spit his drink into his cup. "Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!"

He quickly looked at the walls of the home, as if checking for any spies that might be lurking in the shadows, before turning back to look at the children. "Aslan is on the move."

The creak of wood shifting beside me made me look up at Edmund as he stood up and walked closer to the table. "Who's Aslan?"

"Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver laughed loudly in disbelief. "You cheeky little blighter"

Mrs. Beaver noticed our confused faces and slapped her husband's arm. "What?" He stopped laughing.

He looked at all of our faces, each of us looking equally confused. "You don't know, do you?"

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long." I piped up.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia."

Edmund shook his head and went to leave the tiny house. I set down my cup of tea and scrambled up to follow him. He really shouldn't be going out into this unknown world at night by himself. The door almost swung shut behind him but I caught it and pushed it open again, the cold winter air hitting my body instantly. I immediately regretted not grabbing my fur coat.

"Hey, wait!" I whisper-shouted. For some reason, I felt the need to be quiet in these snowy woods.

Edmund turned around, the cold wind whipping his hair around. "What are you doing?" He demanded.

I shrugged. "Following you, obviously."

"Why?"

"Because you can't go into these woods alone, silly." I smiled. Even though I knew he was trying to ditch everyone I couldn't be mad at him.

"I know what I'm doing," He scoffed and continued to walk. I had caught up to him by now so we were walking side by side.

"Good," I grinned. "At least one of us does."

He looked at my sideways, "You aren't going to leave me alone are you?" I shook my head. He sighed. We continued to walk in silence for a couple of minutes before I couldn't stand it any longer.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

He hesitated. "The Queen."

I stiffened. "The Queen? As in the White Witch? Isn't she evil?"

"No, she isn't," He shouted defensively. "She gave me Turkish Delight."

"Oh, I see. Then she is most definitely not evil."

"Seriously, Y/n, she even promised to help me the next time I came to Narnia if I went to her castle." He pointed to the mountains. "She said it's beyond those mountains."

Oh, that explains the staring earlier. But what did he mean 'help him'? "Help you how?"

He bit his lip, "She said she could make me a king. Then I wouldn't be second best to Peter anymore."

I gaped at him. He couldn't possibly think he was second best, "What are you talking about?! You aren't second best to Peter! I mean sure he's the oldest and often takes charge, but that doesn't make him better than you."

He glanced at me and I could tell he was surprised. He turned away and didn't say anything but I knew I hadn't changed his mind because we kept walking towards the mountains. I sighed but kept quiet. When he wanted to talk to me he would.

Another five minutes had passed and we round a corner, a giant castle made of icicles came into view. I sucked in a breath. It was beautiful but it had a deadly aura surrounding it.

Edmund kept walking towards it until we reached a bridge that connected the land to the castle in the frozen lake. "She could probably make you a queen, you know." He whispered.

I looked at him sadly, "I don't care for that sort of thing. I'd rather become a queen by myself than have someone else make me one."

He looked at me in surprise, "So, then why are you coming with me?"

"Someone has to make sure you don't get yourself killed, right?"

I looked up to see a small smile on his face while he stared straight ahead. I too turned to look ahead and saw that we were right in front of the massive ice doors leading into the castle. I took a deep breath, and stepped inside, matching my footsteps with Edmund's.

PETER'S POV

The castle was huge. It rested in the center of a frozen lake that I now stood on the shore of, it's blue glow radiating across the icy surface. I stared at it in awe for a moment before remembering why I was here and directed my attention to the two figures entering the castle through the large doors. Y/n and Edmund.

"Edmund!" Lucy tried to get his attention.

"Shh!" Beaver panicked, "They'll hear you."

Quickly realizing that "they" would most likely hurt Edmund and Y/n if Beaver was this frightened of them, I surged forward to run across the frozen lake. I had to reach them before it was too late, but before I could Beaver yanked on my coat and pulled me back. "No!"

"Get off me!" I yelled as I tried to shake him off.

"You're playing into her hands."

"We can't just let them go." Susan cried.

"They're the bait! The Witch wants all five of you!" He screamed.

"Why?!" I asked.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true." the small creature exclaimed, "To kill you!"

My stomach dropped. I looked back to the doors and watched them close behind Edmund and Y/n. If what Beaver told us earlier is true, if we really are the people in the prophecy, then The Witch would use Edmund and Y/n to get to us. Or she might just kill them while they are in her castle. What did we get ourselves into?!

"This is all your fault!"

I whirled around to face Susan, "My fault?" I shouted in disbelief.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!"

"Oh, so you knew this would happen."

"I didn't know what would happen." She was practically in my face now. "Which is why we should've left while we still could!"

"Stop it!" Lucy screamed. "This isn't going to help Edmund and Y/n."

Mr. Beaver piped up, "She's right. Only Aslan can help them now."

I looked down at him and decided to hope that this mighty Aslan could really help us. "Then take us to him."

- - - 

The snarling behind us grew louder as we ran inside the Beaver's home.

"Hurry, Mother! They're after us!" Beaver shouted when he saw Mrs. Beaver.

She jumped and started to quickly waddle towards the cabinets, "Oh, right then."
"What is she doing?!" I asked Mr. Beaver while mentally begging her to hurry up so we don't end up doggy treats. He sighed and waved his hand in an exasperated manner.

"Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry."

"I'm cranky now!"

Susan rushed over to the table to help Mrs. Beaver, "Do you think we'll need jam?"

"Only if The Witch has toast!" I said, I personally think it was a pretty good joke but Susan didn't seem to agree.

Her reply was cut off by loud snarling just outside the frosted window. By the sound of it, there were many wolves circling the hut looking for a way in. I mentally thanked Mr. Beaver for building such a good home. But his building skills were not perfect seeing as a few wolves had started to dig through gaps in the branches. Mr. Beaver tugged on my jacket and gestured to follow him down a hole behind a fake wall, I grabbed a torch and jumped into it.

"Badger and me dug this." He said while we ran down the tunnel. "Comes out right near his place."

"You told me it led to your mum's!" Mrs. Beaver chuckled.

"Umph!" I turned around to see Lucy getting up from the ground, the momentary stall of our footsteps revealing the sounds of barks down the tunnel. "They're in the tunnel." She whispered.

"Quick, this way!"

We scrambled to catch up with the beavers ahead of us. "Quick, quick, quick!" Mrs. Beaver ushered.

Suddenly there was a wall in front of us, we were at a dead end. "You should have brought a map!"

"There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver said before jumping up and climbing out a tunnel going straight up. I pushed everyone up in front of me then quickly clambered up, painfully aware of the barks getting closer and closer. As soon as I reached the top Beaver and I grabbed a barrel by the entrance and shoved it on top of the hole. A sudden yelp from Lucy made Beaver and I turn around to see her on her bum on a pile of small stone figures. Wait, not figures, animals. Animals that had been turned to stone mid-scream. I looked at Beaver as he made his way over towards a stone badger.

"I'm so sorry, dear."

Beaver hung his head low, "He was my best mate."

-Finally got some Edmund and Y/n in this one, I've been waiting for this scene so they could finally bond a little. From here on there will be a lot more of them, at least when it's their pov's. Thanks for reading, sorry for any mistakes!-

-Mocha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 152 23
Sequel to Drugs for Love // Dallas Winston She came back, we had it all. Then she left again. She was gone. He was nothing without her. Miracles do c...
1.1M 30.3K 31
┍━━━━━━━━━┑ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ┕━━━━━━━━━┙ ❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. ❞ ⠀⠀⤑ who would've thought that our ⠀⠀⠀ favorite little assassin...
526K 17.4K 124
Read and find out...
44.6K 1.2K 22
He smiles wryly. "I'm sorry, love, I don't think I caught your name." You keep your face blank. "Sharp." You turn to leave. "Oh, and it's queen l/n t...