Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2

76.4K 741 32
By Whines8

hope u still enjoy

whines

*******************************************************************************

This could not be happening, I thought to myself as I stared towards the evil and annoying ex of my boyfriend, Gabby. I could say I was a little shocked to see that Jacob’s mother had sneakily invited Gabby to lunch, but then again I honestly wasn’t. I should have known that Jacob’s mother would pull something like this the moment she agreed to invite me to lunch with them last night. 

Still with my eyes set on Gabby, who was still standing at the front of the dining area talking to the hostess, I silently wished I could make her disappear as I stared daggers towards her. I was quickly beginning to grow true and undeniable hatred towards that girl and Jacob’s mothers schemes were just adding to it.  

I discreetly shook my head as I gazed at the tall blonde in disgust and frustration, with her long thick hair that seemed to shimmer in the sun as the summer breeze blew it behind her shoulders and her perfectly made up face and expensive clothes. I watched as she smiled sweetly at the male hostess before sashaying forwards a few steps.  

Stopping just a little ways up from the entrance of the outside dining area, she began to glance around as if looking for someone, someone who I had no doubt to be Jacob. All this happened in just a few seconds and as Gabby’s searching eyes finally landed on our table, I suddenly felt dread run through my body as she focused on Jacob who was still currently standing up looking towards her with confusion. 

Seemingly on cue, Gabby’s lips smoothly turned up into an award winning smile as she looked upon my boyfriend. She gave a short wave towards him right before Jacob twisted back around to face his mother, who had tried to act innocent as she hurriedly started a conversation with Derek and Jacob’s father. 

I on the other hand moved my gaze back to Gabby’s, only to find that her smile was now gone as her gaze finally landed on me. The moment our eyes met, Gabby’s whole demeanor changed as her eyes turned into slits and lips formed a smug grin. She knew what she was doing and it was obvious who she was doing it for.  

Not wanting to let her think she had me scared or shaken by her surprise appearance, I held my ground and gave her a deathly stare of my own. She wasn’t about to intimidate me, Jacob was with me now and I wasn’t about to give her the satisfaction by letting her scare me away.  

While our little silent exchange was going on, I could here Jacob speaking to his mother, “Mother what is Gabby doing here?” I heard him ask as me and the woman in question continued our silent stand off with each other. 

Jacob’s mother didn’t even get to give an explanation to his question as Jacob quickly continued, “No, you know what don’t answer that, just tell her she has to leave, you know I don’t want her here,” he demanded to his mother.

Hearing him say that, I finally broke mine and Gabby’s stare off to glance towards his mother to see her reaction to Jacob’s request. For some reason, I had a feeling Jacob’s mother wasn’t going to do no such thing and I was right in thinking that, “Jacob dear, don’t be so dramatic. I will not tell Gabby that she is not welcomed, that would be just rude. And besides did it ever occur to you that she’s not even here to see you? Jacob darling just because you two are no longer an item doesn’t mean she still isn’t a friend of the families. Your father and I happen to like Gabby’s company, isn’t that right honey?” she explained smoothly before looking towards her husband who was nodding his head in agreement towards his manipulating wife. 

I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes at the obvious lie Jacob’s mother had just told. I could see right through Jacob’s mother and I hoped Jacob could too. I glanced up towards his tall form as he stood staring at his mother with questioning eyes. My brow furrowed in worry as I watched him look to be considering her explanation. Was he really going to believe what his mother just said? I thought to myself as I glanced back towards Gabby in panic before snapping my eyes towards Jacob’s mother again. 

“She’s just here as a friend of the families dear, now be a gentleman and go escort her over,” she said sweetly to Jacob. My eyes slid to Jacob, who was still standing up in front of the table, just as Jacob turned to look at me, “Are you okay with Gabby joining us for lunch, if not we can leave now and get lunch somewhere else Mia just tell me if this is to uncomfortable for you,” Jacob asked me which made me smile inside. He was willing to leave his parents lunch for me.

I thought about his question for a second before quickly looking at the awaiting blonde out the corner of my eye then giving a discreet glance towards Jacob’s mother. I really didn’t want to be around either of them and if Jacob was willing to leave for me then why not just go? I thought to myself. 

But just as that thought entered my mind Jacob’s mother gave me this look as if she was challenging me and before I could stop myself I blurted, “No,” with all the confidence I could gather without sounding harsh. With my eyes still placed on Jacob’s mother I continued on, “No,” I said again a little more sweetly but this time slid my gaze back to Jacob, “It’s completely fine, we can stay. Like your mother said she’s just a family friend now,” I said with a smile before twisting back in my seat; Gabby nor Jacob’s mother would scare me away.

Looking over towards the end of the table, I caught Lauren staring at me with raised eyebrows. I had completely forgot that Lauren and Derek were even at the table as I was too consumed with dealing with Gabby and Jacob’s mother and by the look on Lauren’s face I could tell she finally understood what I was talking about when I said Gabby and Jacob’s mother were pure evil.  

Lauren silently mouthed the word “Wow,” to me just as Jacob walked back towards the table with Gabby following behind him. I mouthed back, “I know,” to Lauren as Jacob took his seat next to me again and Gabby took the last seat next to his mother which just so happened to be right across from Jacob. 

I watched in annoyance as she turned towards Jacob’s mother and gave her a quick hug, “Thanks for inviting me, it was so nice of you,” she said with a big smile before giving a wave to Jacob’s father who had been talking to Derek. 

Getting Derek’s attention she gave him a greeting as well before looking over to Lauren, “So Derek you finally decided to actually date one girl this summer, well you must be quite a catch to tame him,” she said to Lauren with a grin, “I’m Gabby by the way,” she introduced herself to Lauren with a wave. 

Lauren gave me a look as she hesitated before introducing herself as well, “Lauren, I’m Mia’s friend,” she said back to Gabby and as if the mention of my name made her finally remember I was at the table too, Gabby finally acknowledged me. 

“Oh right, Mia,” she said as she brought her gaze to me, “How nice to see you again,” she said in what I could clearly tell was false kindness and a fake smile. 

Not really wanting to greet her, I gave a quick nod, “Gabby,” I said simply with a fake smile of my own. If she could play that game then so could I. 

Jacob’s mother chimed in quickly after mine and Gabby’s exchange drawing all eyes towards her, “Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am ready to order. Honey can you get our waiter now?” she directed the last part to her husband.

As Jacob’s father fetched our waiter, Jacob’s mother along with Gabby struck up another conversation which centered around Gabby just like it always seemed to be. While Jacob’s mother was going on and on about Gabby’s achievements and all things Gabby I began to regret deciding to stay.  

Everything that came out of Gabby’s mouth was so much more interesting and exciting than anything that was going on in my life. And what made it worse was that everyone including my best friend and boyfriend seemed to be slightly intrigued by her lavish and interesting stories about her life and what she was doing with it.  

Even I had to silently admit that she was, kind of, interesting to listen to. Instead of talking mindlessly about herself in general like she had last night, she was talking more about things she was into and doing. She talked about the business she was taking over for her father, real estate projects she was investing in, and charities she was committed to.  

Everything she was saying made her seem even more perfect and I began to wonder why Jacob broke up with her in the first place. She had drive, was surprisingly smart and she was beautiful and she was making sure to rub it in my face.  

Gabby had certainly stepped her game up from last night, and even though she seemed to have everyone eating out of the palm of her hand, she didn’t have me fooled. I knew she was up to something and I had no doubt that Jacob’s mother was in on it too.

The conversation continued even after our food had arrived and I was more than ready to leave. I had hardly touched my food as I had lost my appetite after being subjected to listen to Gabby talk continuously throughout the entire lunch. I could tell Gabby intended to make herself the center of attention and for the last thirty minutes or so she has succeeded. 

She was talking about her future plans now and what her college major was. Jacob and everyone else were adding their two cents in every now and then to the conversation or asking her a question to make her talk even more about herself and as she finished explaining what she thought her net worth would be in five years and where she plans to be in her businesses after she finally finishes up college she, out of nowhere, called my name, “Mia, I’m sure you have plans for your future as well. What career do you plan on breaking into after college? What’s your major?” she asks me putting me on the spot in front of everyone. 

As I became the center of attention, Gabby gave a sly grin letting me know that she had put me on the spot on purpose and to make matters worse I had nothing to say. Well, not anything that would top what she’s been bragging about all afternoon and I had a good feeling that Gabby already knew that.  

Looking from Gabby, as I tried to conceal my hatred towards her, I let my eyes rest on Jacob who was waiting for me to speak, “Go on babe, I want to hear about it, we haven’t talked about what we both plan to do after college so I’m really interested,” Jacob said innocently with excitement as he smiled his beautiful smile at me before grabbing my hand under the table and giving it a light squeeze. 

Knowing I had to say something quickly, I tried not to let Gabby get to me and proceeded to speak, “Well, I major in English Literature and I plan on teaching when I get out of College,” I said as I tried to sound as confident as possible.  

I moved my eyes away from Jacob as I said that not really wanting to see his reaction to my future plans and just feigned interest in my untouched plate of food instead. 

“I can see you as a teacher,” he said making me snap my gaze up to him again as a bright smile took over my face, “Really?” I asked him, “Yeah really,” he said before bending down to place a small peck on lips. I was grinning from ear to ear as he pulled away. My confidence busted once again by Jacob. 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Gabby and Jacob’s mother roll their eyes as Jacob pulled away from me and I had to hold in my satisfied grin.  

Our small moment was quickly interrupted when Jacob’s mother cleared her voice to speak, “Well, it seems the time has gotten away from us and I’m afraid we should be going dear,” she said to Jacob making him turn to face his parents. 

“Really, you guys are leaving?” he asked genuinely sounding disappointed, something that I wasn’t. I was ecstatic that she was finally leaving and I hoped she would take Gabby along with her.  

“Yeah, son we got to get back to the city, you know I do have a business to run,” said his dad as he stood up from the table; Jacob and Derek followed his movements and got up as well to give their goodbyes.  

Jacob’s mother stood up last and walked around the table to give Jacob a hug just like she had last night. She also gave him a kiss on the cheek before pulling away and waving a kind goodbye towards Lauren and Derek.  

Gabby stood up just then and went to stand by Jacob’s mother. Knowing that she was finally leaving I quickly stood up myself and said my goodbyes, “It was nice meeting you both,” I said to Jacob’s mother and father before turning to Gabby, “And you as well, its too bad you have to be leaving,” I said to Gabby and his parents even though I knew I was only half telling the truth. 

In all honesty I was only sad to see Jacob’s father leave, but I was more than happy to see his mother and ex leave for good. 

I walked up to Jacob’s side after that and wrapped one arm around his back as I leaned into his side smiling a big smile as I waited for his parents and Gabby to leave. I spared a glance towards Gabby ready to see a small scowl on her face at the fact that she was leaving without Jacob but instead I was met with a smile similar to mine and that made mine drop instantly and my eyes narrow.  

What was she smiling about? I thought to myself as Jacob spoke up to say a goodbye to Gabby, “I guess I’ll see you around Gabby,” he said to Gabby making her smile grow wider. My eyes narrowed even more as I watched her curiously, what was she so happy about? I thought only to have my thoughts answered by what came out of her mouth next. 

“I’m sure you will, did you forget I’m staying here for while this summer? Your mother is letting me stay in the beach house, I told you last night remember, Jacob?” she said and as soon as those words came out of her mouth my stomach dropped. I had completely forgot that she was staying in Virginia Beach for a while longer. 

And here I thought I had finally gotten rid of her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.9K 26
DOES CONTAIN SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING (Read at own risk or don't read it) Mia Jones just graduated high school and were off to college as a freshman. ...
3K 382 62
Best friends, Izzy and Em, have been star pupils at their all girls boarding school Watford High on Sydney's North Shore for years. Since joining cla...
104K 6.4K 44
(#1 in HEARTWRENCHING) She gave him a ride, and he gave her a million reasons to run him over with her car instead. *** Natalie Fisher (Natt) has hi...
13.8K 678 49
I trail my eyes slowly from his grey eyes to his lips, his chest rising and falling on a fast pace. "L-Lewis" i whisper, "yes sweetheart?" His hands...