My K-Pop Secret (SNSD, F(x)...

By 99eunjae

Jade Jung, Korean name Sooeun Jung, lives a pretty normal life for a high schooler in LA. However she has a s... More

My K-Pop Secret (SNSD, F(x), EXO)
Ch. 1 My Life
Ch. 2: I'm Officially Screwed
Ch.3 Overprotective Brother
Ch.4 Uh Oh....
Ch.5 Sibling Moments
Ch.6 Like a K-Pop Star
Ch. 7 Before the Concert
Author's Note
Ch.8 The Concert
Ch.9 Siblings....
Ch. 10 Them
Ch.11 Hiding
Ch.12 Concert (Again?) and Ships
Ch.13 Lunch with EXO and Other Things
Ch.14 Friend or Foe?
Ch.15 Amusement Parks are a Big No No
Ch.16 Strawberry Juice is Very Yummy
Ch.17 The PARTAY
Ch.18 A Break, For the First Time in Forever
Ch.19 K-Drama
Ch.21 Scavenger Hunt Part 1
Ch.22 Scavenger Hunt Part 2
Ch. 23 Bungee Jumping for Dummies
Ch. 24 The Finale(?)
Ch. 25 The Sweet(Not) Life of Jade Jung
Ch. 26 My Life is the Definition of Awkward

Ch.20 Kris

3.7K 118 61
By 99eunjae

~~*~~

I avoided Kris all day. Which was pretty hard. I wonder why? It’s totally not because of all the fun we had planned out.

It had felt like my eyes had been opened from my once blind state. I started to notice that everyone was pushing us together, literally and figuratively. People would exchange knowing glances towards us. They would “tease” us, but now I knew they were a tiny bit more serious.

It was a bit uncomfortable and awkward for me the entire day. Especially because Kris and I would be on the same team for everything. Like, obvious much? I probably wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t know though. Kris was right about me being dense.

Luckily, I was able to have a lot of fun. Everyone, my siblings especially, kept on trying to include me by making me the group representative or challenging me during competitions. Even though it would have been normal to feel left out, I didn’t, which I am very thankful for.

Kris is actually nice for once. He seems to understand my sudden state of confusion and turmoil because he doesn’t try to come near me. He gives me much needed space and doesn’t question my obvious attempts to keep him away. Although I appreciate this greatly, it also adds to my confusion.

Why is this so confusing? Isn’t it supposed to be much simpler? In the Korean dramas, they were anyway. Whenever I watched, I could see the obvious love lines and knew what the main character should have made for her decisions, but now that it’s me, I have no idea what to do.

Why did my life have to be so complicated? Was it too much to ask for a regular life? All I ever wanted was a nice, easy, loving life with my friends and my siblings. But what do I get? Betrayal from my friends, sudden popularity that I did not want, and a confession? From a person I never expected from, none the less? My life was much  more dramatic than I would want it to be…

“Jade!!!” Jessica calls from the group, I was sitting on my chair alone right now. I would like to emphasize that I am alone right now, very happy and at peace if you did not get the hint.

“What?” I ask crankily, knowing that she wants me to come over, but being the lazy person I am and because the chair was comfortable I stayed where I was.

“Come here!” Jessica says sighing and gesturing with her hand.

“What’s going on?” I ask grumbling walking towards them.

“We arranged a scavenger hunt!” Xiumin announces excitedly.

“You arranged a scavenger hunt,” Krystal repeats slowly.

“In that short period of time?” I add suspiciously.

“We may have prepared something before we came,” Chen admits sheepishly.

Kai, Krystal, and I don’t reply, but just continue watching them fidget awkwardly.

“Let’s do this!” Jessica cheers, breaking her stony façade.

“So you guys know the Amazing Race right? Or Runningman?” Xiumin questions.

“Yes!” We reply in sync.

“Basically, what we arranged is somewhat, or exactly, like it,” Tao explains.

“Wait, how many of you guys arranged this?” I ask suspiciously.

“Just Xiumin, Sehun, Tao, Lay, and me,” Chen replies proudly.

“So will you guys be participating in it too?” Krystal asks.

“Because if you are, that would make it really unfair,” Jessica finishes.

“Nah, we’ll be over watching the entire thing. Probably,” Lay answers shrugging.

"Probably?" Jessica asks in suspicion.

"You'll see," Tao answers with a smirk.

“ANYWAY, find a partner everyone!” Chen announces.

“Jade!” Kai calls grabbing my arm.

“I’m guessing I’ll be your partner?” I ask.

“Yup!” He says excitedly.

“Excuse me, but I think you’re going to have to find another partner,” D.O. tells me as he links his arm with Kai’s.

“What?” Kai asks, confusion written all over his face.

 You can still hear the distinct, “Shush,” although D.O. tries to hide it with some fake coughs.

“Um, okay?” I ask, slowly backing away from the couple.

“JADE! I see you don’t have a partner! Guess what? I don’t either!” Luhan cheers excitedly as he runs towards me.

“You mean that I’m your partner,” Xiumin declares, appearing from behind Luhan.

“What? But I thought you already had a partner…?” Luhan asks rather than says.

“Yeah, well my partner ditched me for D.O.,” Xiumin says stoic, fake glaring at Kai who sticks his tongue out.

“You never told me we were partners!” Kai exclaims.

“Well, I’m sorry for automatically assuming we would be partners,” Xiumin says raising his hands as if he is under arrest.

“You aren’t even supposed to be playing!” Kai protests.

“Well, too bad. Sehun and I will be the ones that will even out the pairs. And we want to play!” Xiumin justifies.

"And. We. Need. To. Put. Jade. And. Kris. Together." He adds between coughs.

Kai counts on his fingers, probably counting out the people and doing the math to check if Xiumin is right. He nods his head, thinking to himself, probably coming to the conclusion of agreeing with Xiumin.

“WAIT, but I want to be Jade’s partner,” Luhan interrupts their little scene, pouting.

“Well, too bad,” Xiumin states looking away from Luhan’s adorable expression.

“Aw… Oh well. Sorry Jade…” Luhan apologizes after figuring out that Xiumin wouldn’t be letting him go.

“It’s fine! Don’t worry,” I answer as I look around checking if anyone is partner-less.

I was pretty surprised to find that all my predictions of partners are pretty much true. D.O. and Kai; Xiumin and Luhan; Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Then the two very lucky boys who would be “accompanying” my sisters were Suho and Sehun. Suho and Jessica, I approved of but Sehun and Krystal? They were going to be too immature for their own good.

The three members, Chen, Lay, and Tao, were supervising the hunt meaning not being able to be my partner, leaving just me! I guess I would have to do this scavenger hunt solo, forever alone right?

“Wait, does this mean that I have to be partners with her?” A voice cries out, interrupting my thoughts.

Wait, her? Jessica and Krystal already had partners. And we do not have any other girls with us. Meaning. Oh. Me.

I turn to see Kris looking at our “supervisors” while his finger is pointing at me. Kris. Kris. Kris. Oh yeah. Kris. I forgot about him for a second. It wasn’t my fault though! He wasn’t in sight when I was surveying the partners!

“I guess Kris and Jade are partners by default!” Tao announces smirking.

Everyone agrees as soon as Tao finishes his sentence. Totally not suspicious.

Kris stays silent but walks toward me, standing beside me.

As soon as he’s beside me, our supervisors-somewhat the PDs- start talking and explaining.

“So you guys will have to be holding hands throughout the whole race, unless told otherwise during the missions.”

All the boy couples immediately link hands and start playing around.

“Oh. My. Gosh! I get to hold Chanyeol’s hand? What an honor! Chanyeol, may I please hold your hand?” Baekhyun asks with his fake girly voice.

Chanyeol looks at me, winking and then putting on an annoyed look. He flings his hand towards Baekhyun while acting conceited. Baekhyun catches Chanyeol’s hand and kisses it, making a big show of linking their hands.

“Yes, that’s a very good example of how to make a big show of holding hands,” Suho says rolling his eyes.

“Oh no! They just stole the spotlight! We need to take it back,” Sehun says loudly to Krystal.

Krystal wordlessly slaps Sehun, in which he immediately becomes silent. Sadly, her slap did not keep him from bringing up their linked hands to brag to everyone. Krystal glares at Sehun and brings their hands down, which is brought up again by Sehun. She sighs but allows Sehun to hold their hands up.

“You’re lucky that I’m not that embarrassing,” Suho whispers to Jessica.

She shrugs in reply, looking over at Krystal and Sehun with a smile.

Kris reaches for my hand quietly. I allow him to take my hand and smile in reassurance when he gives me a questioning glance.

I notice the knowing glances everyone seemed to be exchanging after they see our hands interlocked, but don’t say anything in fear of making things more awkward between Kris and me.

“You guys need to wear these. Make sure one of you wears it on the left and the other on the right,” Xiumin starts handing out wrist bands you get at amusement parks.

We immediately wear ours, I put mine on the left and Kris on the right.

“Make sure you guys are holding hands comfortably! ‘Cus they’re going to be stuck like that for a couple hours,” Chen announces.

“You’re comfortable?” Kris asks simply.

“Yup, you?” I answer and ask as I adjust our hands to make it put less pressure on my wrist.

“Good for both.”

Xiumin and Chen goes around with duct tape, ringing the wristbands together, with barely any free space.

“Okay, so like Runningman, there’s going to be a mission at each place that you have to complete at each place to get the hint for the next location. There’ll be one of us at each place, just to make sure that you guys are going to the right place. We’ll give each pair a walkie talkie in which you can communicate with each other and us. But you guys always have your phones, so yeah,” Xiumin explains.

“We’ll give you guys you’re first hints as soon as we answer any questions you have,” Chen explains.

“How many levels are there?” Kai asks with a competitive smile.

“We arranged there to be seven levels,” Tao says proudly.

“It shouldn’t take you long though, probably two to three hours?” Chen explains.

“TWO TO THREE HOURS?” Jessica and I chorus in shock.

“Yeah…?” Sehun replies in confusion.

“Dude. We’re going to die. It’s like 7 now and its dark,” I say trying to slither my way out from the scavenger hunt.

“We’ll give you flashlights,” Tao states.

“There’s a really good prize for the first place!” Lay bribes.

Immediately the boys have shining eyes and lean forward towards the three explaining the rules.

“Give us the hint and let’s go!” Kai urges.

Chen ignores him and starts handing out tools and necessities. There was a flashlight, walkie talkie, fruit snack, map of the place, note pad and pen, and a piece of paper with all the contact information for emergencies.

“Okay here is your starting problem. Solve it to get to your first place where Tao will be waiting!”

Kris receives the envelope and tries to open it on his own, but fails. We open the envelope together.

Unscramble the following:

Het lihecve ni hhciw OXE edor to meco ot hits aplec.

Kris and I immediately start noting down the letters in possible orders. He worked from the front while I worked from the back.

The vehicle in which EXO rode to come to this place.

“The parking lot,” I say immediately.

Kris nods in agreement and we immediately start running on the path towards the parking lot. We are the first on the path because everyone else is busy trying to open the envelope or figuring out the clue.

As we approach the parking lot in silence, Kris points at the little EXO sign near a black van.

“I think that’s their symbol for this hunt,” He hypothesizes.

“Probably. Let’s go!” I say excited, dragging him along.

He chuckles but quickens his pace to match mine.

“We’re here!” I announce through my panting.

“Wow… It’s Kris and Jade,” Suho speaks into his walkie talkie.

“Yup it’s us!” I say cheerfully.

“Here’s your mission! Good luck!” Tao says winking at me.

Kris tilts us so that our backs are to Tao, causing me to giggle at his antics.

You can hear Tao in the background,

“You guys owe me twenty dollars!”

I ignore him and speed through reading the mission and get up. Or try to anyway. I end up falling back down due to Kris sitting down.

“Let’s do this!” I say trying to get Kris to get up.

“Okay,” Kris says getting up with me.

“Tao! Jump rope,” I say competitively.

Tao trudges towards us and then hands over the jump rope with an amused look on his face. He cuts off our tie that held us together and we get to stretch our hands before starting the mission.

“We can get it on the first try,” Kris says confidently.

I hold the jump rope with Kris facing me.

“Ready?” I ask.

He nods in response and so I begin jump roping as if Kris is not there. We get through the first five easily, but then the rope catches on Kris’s feet by the sixth one.

“You guys were saying?” Tao asks triumphant.

“We’ll get there, don’t worry,” Kris says encouragingly.

“WE’RE HERE!” Kai’s voice breaks our quiet atmosphere.

“Come on! Let’s get this done,” I urge in panic.

“Hey. Calm down,” Kris says sternly, holding me still by my shoulders.

“Okay, I’m calm,” I state looking back at him.

“We’ll get it done this time, okay?” He asks.

I nod in response and we get back into position, after making sure Tao is counting. Tao, I repeat Tao, seemed to be fanboying when we look over to him, in which I make sure that he receives a glare.

We start doing the couple jump rope and barely make it over 20, stepping on the rope on the 21st jump.

“WE DID IT!” I exclaim, jumping in delight.

He laughs and goes to Tao, who shows us the duct tape. We immediately hold hands and let him link our wrists together. He then gives us another envelope giving us the thumbs up.

“The next mission won’t be as easy for you guys,” He warns winking at me.

“We’ll get through it, don’t worry,” I say as we try to open up the envelope.

“Nope, you guys are going to struggle for sure,” Tao says laughing, as he keeps an eye on Kai and D.O.’s jump roping.

As we open up the next envelope, Tao calls out,

“Kris, we made it very enjoyable for you.”

Kris turns around to give Tao a high five and then comes back to read the next hint.

We won’t make you solve a puzzle this time. Maybe a riddle though.

Something that everyone loves to do

EXO also shares this interest as does everyone in the world

Some fans have made up little edits comparing EXO do this

Due to the many contests we have had for this particular everyday action

Come to the place where they sell what we always use for the contests

“Wow. That’s not even a riddle, its random sentences put together,” I say shaking my head.

Kris doesn’t reply but starts dragging me away from the parking lot.

“Do you know what it is?” I ask again.

“Yeah, it’s sort of obvious,” Kris says in a duh voice as he pulls out the map we received earlier.

I motion him to explain.

“The action is eating and what we always use for contests is chicken or pizza. I think we need to head towards the cafeteria.”

I nod my head as I piece together the “riddle” with his explanation. I’m not that confident with his answer, but it’s the best answer we have so far, so we would have to take it.

Kris locates the little area where they sell food on the map and we start jogging in the general direction. Not long after, we see some lights as well as the sign of the cafeteria. The EXO symbol is near the chicken place and we head into the store.

“Hey, you guys are still in first?” Chen asks in surprise.

“Yup!” I say proudly.

“That riddle was really crappy,” Kris accuses.

“Yeah, what do you expect? We were in a rush,” Chen confesses.

“Anyway, what’s the mission?” I ask as I try to hurry things up.

“Oh yeah, the mission,” Chen smirks.

“I have a bad feeling about this…” I mutter.

Chen produces a box of Pocky from behind him. Kris stiffens from beside me.

“Please don’t tell me it’s what I think it is,” I moan.

“It’s a classic! Of course we’re playing it. It’s the Pocky game.”

~~*~~

Author’s Note:

Hey everyone~ I’m really sorry about the late update TT^TT I had a 2 month hiatus… Because I was really busy.

Anyway here you go~ The next chapter ^^; I promise I’ll update a couple more times this week to make up for my two months T^T.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I was hoping to finish a chapter by then, but I actually started and finished the chapter today (Oh well…). I hope everyone has a Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! (So close!!!)

I promise to update soon <3

Thank you for all the support and patience!

Love you guys <3

~Eun<3

P.S. I have no idea how many votes my last couple chapters got, but it wouldn’t hurt if you went back and voted!

P.P.S. Make sure to vote comment and follow~ (Completely forgot about that)

P.P.P.S I have no idea what is a good vote count for the next chapter, so we’ll skip that for this chapter. x)

OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT WHAT I SAID LAST CHAPTER. SORRY.

Okay so the ship names that I received and thought up were JaRis, Jais, Krade, Kade, Jak,  and Jalu, Jahan, Lade, etc.

LOL if you have better ones comment~ And tell me which one you guys liked best~

Dedicated to @exoL_ARMY25 for her comment and puppy dog eyes ;) Sorry for taking so long to update :( <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 8.4K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
476K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
773K 28.7K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
413K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...