Protection - Sookai

By TatorTotTati

Huening Kai and his half-brother, Jaehyun are living together while Huening Kai goes to school. After a lifet... More

Flash-Forward: New Year's Eve 💖
Prologue: Childhood 💔
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
(don't) Answer this please
decision made for last 'chapter'
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Epilogue 💝
Soundtrack - One (why do I make it sound like a movie lmao)
Soundtrack - Two (idk what I'm doing)

Chapter XVII

535 38 4
By TatorTotTati

______________________________________
❌️‼️❌😶Error - Unknown😶❌‼️❌
______________________________________

"AHHH! APPA! APPA! AHHHH! HELP ME PLEASE!".
Huening Kai suddenly woke up from loud screaming. When he realized that it was Jaehyun, he immediately got out of bed and ran to his room to wake him up. Huening Kai shook Jaehyun aggressively, yelling at him to wake up. "HYUNG AH! WAKE UP! ITS JUST A DREAM! PLEASE WAKE UP! JAE JAE HYUNG!". Jaehyun's eyes shot open and he lifted himself from bed, breathing abnormally and still shaking from fear. He shrieked when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but it was just Huening Kai of course. "Hyung? Are you alright? Do you need anything?". He asked in a soft tone, making Jaehyun feel a bit more at ease. He took a deep breath as he locked eyes with Kai. He knew everything was okay. Nothing bad would happen to him. "I.....I just need you to stay with me. Just this once....". Jaehyun then whispered. Huening Kai smiled and nodded. "Of course Hyung". He carefully climbed under the sheets and pulled Jaehyun into his chest. He was still shaking but he seemed to have calmed his mind at least. Jaehyun hugged Huening Kai's waist tightly, using him as comfort. "Do you wanna talk about what happened Hyung?".
"It was just the same thing. Nothing different Kai". Jaehyun answered, wanting to move away from the topic. "Alright.....I understand......but...let's just go to sleep now". Huening Kai and Jaehyun both closed their eyes in an attempt to fall asleep. Eventually, after a few minutes, they fell asleep one eachother's embrace, feeling nothing but peace and warmth.

Monday - November 4, 2019 🌺

Huening Kai nervously walked to school by himself, clutching the handles of his backpack tightly. He was very scared to see the rest of friends. What if they're mad? What if they start yelling like Soobin did? What if they won't forgive me or care? He thought, getting close to the school entrance. He stopped in his tracks when he saw everyone in a group, waiting at the entrance. They seemed to be looking for him so he walked forward. Huening Kai stopped a few feet away from them and couldn't take it no more. He immediately turned around and started to walk away, but everyone called him back.

"Huening Kai!". Suddenly, Huening Kai felt someone tackle him and they both fell onto the ground while holding onto eachother tightly. "Why would you ghost me like that!? I was so worried something really bad happened to you! You're supposed to trust me Hyuka! Not ignore me!". The voice yelled. Huening Kai groaned softly and looked down at his chest to see Taehyun. He smiled softly and hugged him back, comfortingly rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry Taehyunnie. I didn't mean to scare you. I just had a rough week. But I'm okay now". Huening Kai said. They both got up from off of the ground and shared a hug.

"Are you okay?". Taehyun whispered, burying himself into Huening Kai's chest.

"I'm fine. Don't worry". Huening Kai replied, starting to pull away. They smiled at eachother before facing their attention to the others.

"Ningning! You're okay!". Beomgyu exclaimed, pulling the boy into a tight hug.

"Hi Beomgyu Hyung". Huening Kai smiled softly. He pulled away and then gave Yeonjun a big hug. He had a very worried but relieved expression.
"Hi Yeonjunnie Hyung". He greeted.

"I was so worried Kai...... you've never done that to us. It was so unexpected". Yeonjun said quietly, caressing Huening Kai's head affectionately. "But I'm so glad you're alright". The two pulled away from eachother's embrace and Soobin was the last one who went in for a hug. It wasn't as long as any usual hug but it left a lingering feeling on the 'couple'. Huening Kai took a deep breath, relieved that everything was alright. He smiled at everyone and gestured for them all to go to class. Holding onto Yeonjun's and Taehyun's hands, they all caught up with some small talk, walking eachother to class like every school morning.
______________________________________
📚📝📚💤🙄Class Time🙄💤📚📝📚
______________________________________

"You alright Ning?". Beomgyu asked, looking over at Huening Kai who was pretty focused on writing his notes. Huening Kai looked up and blinked a couple times, a confused look on his face. He shook his head softly and then chuckled awkwardly.

"I...yeah. Yes. I'm alright. Do I not seem alright?". He answered. Beomgyu looked at Huening Kai with a very sympathetic expression.

"You're just so quiet......you have a very bubbly personality so it's just......new and worrying. Especially since what happened before". He explained.

Huening Kai shrugged. "I'm just getting used to this. I've never really missed school and not followed my routine.....you know?". Beomgyu sighed and nodded, looking down at the desk. Then, he felt a hand on his. He looked up at Huening Kai who had a sweet and innocent smile. "I'm alright Hyung. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon". He assured.

Beomgyu grinned. "That's good to hear Ning....". The two then turned their attention back to their notes, they didn't want to get scolded by either the teacher or Taehyun. Who was sitting behind the two, too focused on his work to acknowledge what was happening. After half an hour, they were all done with their work and still had about 15 minutes before class ended. They all faced eachother, already ready to start a conversation.

"Alright. We all know where this is going. Beomgyu. Go". Taehyun stated.

"Wait what? What do you mean?". Beomgyu asked. Taehyun leaned forward with a smirk.

"You know. When you went out with Yeonjun Hyung this weekend". He reminded. Beomgyu's face immediately turned red and sunk into his chair. "Come on. You have to share your progress with us". Taehyun encouraged.

"Taehyun is right. I am now suddenly intrigued in social interaction. So spill the tea bish". Huening Kai said with a soft smile. Beomgyu looked at Tyunning who had pouts and puppy eyes. He sighed, knowing he couldn't turn them down now.

"Okay okay fine. I'll tell you".

"Yay!". The boys exclaimed in unison.

"Okay. So......he picked me up from my house obviously and to hang out, we went to the arcade and he took me out to eat dinner". Beomgyu explained, grinning at the memory. Taehyun and Huening Kai gasped, wanting to hear more and get details.

"Did anything happen between you guys? You know? Make any moves?". Taehyun eagerly asked.

"Hmm kinda. We stared at eachother a couple times and as usual, he made his flirty remarks and called me cute when I started blushing".

"Ohhh. What did he say to make you blush?". Huening Kai asked. Beomgyu covered his face with his hands, mumbling his answer.

"He kept saying I looked nice, hugging me, holding my hand, and he was being such a gentlemen to me. He teases me alot but damn he looks so good doing it". Beomgyu said, making Tyunning giggle and start teasing him.

"Awee Beomie Hyung is in love~". Taehyun said, poking at Beomgyu gently.

"He's so whipped for Yeonjunnie Hyung. I can't believe one of them hasn't made a move. I think it's meant to be". Huening Kai said. (Oh little do you know ning)

"Me too. I mean, they have a good chance together. Wouldn't you think Hyung?". Beomgyu shrugged at Taehyun.

"Not really no. He probably likes someone else". He said.

"Well even if he does, you're hot as hell, sweet, funny, cute and everything perfect. So you can just steal your man back". Taehyun said. Beomgyu chuckled and nodded.

"Thanks Taehyunnie".
______________________________________
😶🏠☹️🏠🔪 Home🔪🏠☹️🏠😶
______________________________________

"Alright guys, I have to get home. Bye". Yeonjun said, giving everyone a hug before walking off to the bus stop.

"Bye Yeonjunnie Hyung! See you tomorrow!". Beomgyu exclaimed, waving at his Hyung. He then turned to Taehyun and linked their arms. "Alrighty. Let's go Taehyun. Sookai will surely be going home together".

"Oh I know". Taehyun said, smirking at Huening Kai who was blushing and avoiding eye contact. He giggled and walked away with Beomgyu. Soobin then chuckled softly, putting an arm around Huening Kai.

"You ready to go home?". He asked. Huening Kai frowned and gave Soobin a pout.

"I don't wanna go home yet.....do you think I could hang out with you for a bit?". He quietly asked.

"Of course flower. Always". Soobin replied with a sweet smile. The two stayed close with their arms around eachother as they walked to Soobin's house. When they arrived, Soobin's Eomma was at work and San was chilling on the couch.

"Hey Soobin. Hey Kai. You guys back here together so soon?". San greeted. Soobin rolled his eyes as he lead Huening Kai to his room.

"Hello San Hyung! It's good to see you!". Huening Kai exclaimed, waving. San smiled and nodded.
Soobin pushed Huening Kai into his room and closed the door with a sight. "You seem to avoid San Hyung all the time. Any reason for that?". Huening Kai then asked.

"He's all nice at first but if we stayed, he would've started asking really weird questions. We don't need to answer them". Soobin explained. Huening Kai giggled and nodded.

"I understand".

"So, what do you want to do? Any requests?". Soobin asked. Huening Kai immediately knew his answer.

"How about we play a game, sing one song, and then cuddle before I leave?".

"If that's what you want, then we shall do it!".

Time Skippppp

And that's exactly what Sookai did. First, they played a Mario Cart racing game, a bit of cake wars from Minecraft. (mc rules. fight me lol) Then they sang a duet together; 10000 Hours - By Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber. And then they cuddled as promised, but to their demise, they both ended up falling asleep and over using their time together.

Huening Kai woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He barely was able to gather his thoughts and acknowledge his surroundings. He grabbed his phone and looked at the caller ID. His eyes widened and he immediately got up from Soobin's grip. He quickly grabbed all his things and 'cursed' loudly. He had so many missed calls and texts from Jaehyun and it was an hour last his curfew. (his curfew is uh.....5pm?) Soobin woke up to ruckus and noticed how distressed his boyfriend looked.

"You alright? What's going on?". He asked.

"I have to get home Hyung. Jaehyun Hyung is gonna be so mad. I'm so sorry for falling asleep and leaving like this but I have to". Huening Kai explained.

"Oh, let me walk you the-".

"No! No. I'm fine. Really. Just stay here.  I'm leaving now".

"Oh.... alright". Soobin said softly, sitting on his bed with a pouty and puffy cheeks. Huening Kai quickly pecked Soobin on the lips before rushing out of his room and running outside of the house, ignoring San's goodbye and questions. He ran as fast as he could to his house, knowing that something bad was definitely gonna happen. Jaehyun was gonna be pissed he came home so late and didn't even say anything. Jaehyun also hasn't been taking his pills and he probably wouldn't for a while. It took Huening Kai about 10 minutes to arrive at his house. He stood in front of his door, breathing heavily and wiping his sweat. When he was calm and decent looking, he unlocked the door with his key and walked in with a blank face. When he closed the door, he turned around and saw Jaehyun standing a couple feet away from him, arms crossed with a serious and upset expression.

"Where were you? Do you realize it's an hour past your curfew? And why didn't you answer your phone?". Jaehyun asked in a deep voice.

"I-I'm sorry Hyung....I was at a f-friends house a-and I f-fell asleep. I didn't mean t-to disobey you". Huening Kai answered, getting anxious. Jaehyun scoffed and walked forward. He then slapped Huening Kai, making him tumble over onto the floor. "I'm s-sorry Hyung.....I w-won't do it a-again".

"Oh trust me. When I'm done, you're not going to ever even dare thinking about it".

"Jaehyun Hyung! Please! Calm down! You don't need to get so aggressive!".

A/N: AND BAM! CLIFF HANGER HAHAHA okie sorry. I'm sure y'all thought that escalated quickly. And you're right. And it's definitely gonna start getting real too. So be mentally prepared Moa. Bye now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 178 29
About a story where a boy named Choi Beomgyu is a very close friend of Kang Taehyun. Beomgyu hasn't realized his own feelings for Taehyun this whole...
54.3K 3.8K 33
Friends since highschool, Beomgyu and Taehyun were almost inseparable. Despite the differences and conflicting personalities they had, they could nev...
19.5K 1K 36
❝Well, he clearly noticed my intention to avoid him. I scoffed. Is he trying to boss me around? "Not everyone is willing to follow whatever you say j...
8.5K 290 26
Beomgyu and Yeonjun have been friends since childhood. Beomgyu, the son of a CEO of a luxury car company. Yeonjun, an orphan on a scholarship for the...