Alone | NCT

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. In a... More

Backstory
Characters (Part 1)
Characters (Part 2)
Characters (Part 3) + HIDDEN Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Book 3 - Captive
Masterlist

Chapter 40

1.4K 97 23
By lost_in_neocity

"How did you do that?" Jeno asked his best friend as they were headed back to the male dorms. Jaemin shrugged his shoulders.

"I was just following Sejung when she was following Haechan. It just so happened that she was so focused on following Haechan that she bumped into someone, so I used to moment to open up the zipper of her backpack. When I pulled her wallet out, I exchanged it with my phone so the weight wouldn't change." Jaemin explained. Jeno shook his head.

"Damn, I knew you were good but I didn't know you were THAT good." Jeno said, chuckling.

"I don't know, I never liked standing out in crowds anyways, so I guess it was just second nature." Jaemin said, smiling to his best friend.

...

After their game and lesson with Jungwoo, Rena had returned to the interrogation room. Today, only Taeil was waiting inside.

"Don't expect too much." Rena told him as she picked up the folder from his hands.

"Don't worry, I never am." Taeil responded.

Rena walked into the room, the siren chained down to the table like always. He looked up to meet her eyes.

Over the time that the siren had been here, his well-being was definitely going down the drain. There were dark circles under his eyes, his hair dishelved, and his skin pale and was starting to shrivel up due to lack of water. He glared at her as she took her seat.

"You look different." The siren said, his voice hoarse, referring to her neutral coloured clothing. Rena simply chuckled.

"Have you seen yourself?" Rena asked him. He simply leaned back in his seat.

"What do you want?" The siren asked him.

"Are you willing to talk today?" Rena asked. She was expecting him to stay silent but instead, he said the opposite.

"Yes."

Alright, we might be going somewhere today. Rena leaned forward in her seat, opening the folder.

"You were spotted in the Underground City. Were you there to meet someone?" Rena asked.

"Yes, two faeries." That matched what Yangyang had said.

"Were you discussing important matters?"

"Yes, we have a plan." A plan?

"A plan?" Rena asked. The siren hesitated.

"A plan with Dongwook." That's not good.

"Who's Dongwook?" Rena asked, playing dumb. The siren raised an eyebrow, giving her an are you serious look.

"You're dumber than I thought." The siren said leaning back in his seat.

"You didn't answer my question." Rena said. The siren stared at her.

"I can't believe they sent me someone as dumb as you." The siren muttered. Rena scoffed before motioning to one of the guards.

"Get him a glass of water after he's locked up." Rena requested. The siren immediately sat straight again.

"Miss I-"

"You heard what I said." Rena snapped. The guards exchanged looks as Rena closed her folder, getting up. "Let me know if they don't give it to you. I'll see you tomorrow."

Rena left the interrogation room, leaving the siren with his mouth hanging open with the guards. As Rena closed the door behind her, she saw Taeil gripping the counter in front of him, knuckles white.

"Is something wrong?" Rena asked him.

"Rena, you cannot talk about anything I'm about to tell you to anyone aside from Haechan and Renjun." Taeil said to her, eyes staring straight into hers.

...

Spring was approaching soon. Jimin and Jisung found themselves five hours away from the neighbourhood housing the Academy, at this boarding school surrounded by iron fences. Various creatures were waiting outside, young nervously waiting while elders were comforting their children.

Today was the day the Academy was running their entrance exams, both a written and physical test, with a lunch break in between. Jimin and Jisung had both been training and studying hard so that they could get exceptional results.

Jungwoo had dropped them off not too far away, letting the two of them walk towards the iron gates where Johnny and Winwin sat, checking off names. In front of them was a long line, making Jimin let out a sigh as she followed Jisung to the end.

"Why didn't I see you last year?" Jisung asked her. Jimin shrugged her shoulders.

"Look how many people are here, do you really think you'll see every single person here?" Jimin pointed out. "Plus, we're different years, which means we're tested in different rooms."

"You make a good point." Jisung said, just as a girl joined the line behind them. Jimin noticed that she gave Jisung a bright smile as she walked by and couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

Jimin simply crossed her arms as the line moved forward, and soon they were in front of Johnny and Winwin.

"Name?" Johnny asked, staring down at the list in front of him. Jimin and Jisung were told that they would have to pretend that they didn't know the agency leaders for confidentiality.

"Na Jimin." Johnny highlighted her name.

"You'll be writing in classroom C." Johnny told her as Winwin passed her a purple sticker with her name on it The purple colour meant that she was applying one year in advance, thus applying specifically for H.I.D.D.E.N.

"Thanks." Jimin said, taking the number and sticking it to her torso. She slowly walked away so Jisung could quickly catch up to her once he was done.

"Hey, wait up." Jisung called out once he was done, a blue sticker with his name stuck on him as he ran.

"I'm not even walking that fast." Jimin chuckled as he stopped by her side. As they made their way to the entrance of the building, the girl from before joined Jisung's side.

"Hey, you're writing in classroom B too, right?" The girl that was beside Jisung asked, capturing their attention. Jimin turned to look at her blue name tag which read Song Nari.

"Uh, yeah." Jisung said.

"Do you want to head over together?" Nari asked him. Jisung glanced over at Jimin, who shrugged.

"We're writing in different rooms anyways." Jimin told him just as they arrived at the doors where Jaehyun stood, guiding anyone that needed help.

"Okay, meet me for lunch." Jisung said before walking with Nari. Jimin took a deep breath before making her way to her classroom, trying to rid her brain from the thoughts of the two.

Jimin entered the classroom, where Kun sat at the front desk, five desks laid out in front of him.

"You're the first one here." Kun said as he saw her face.

"Great." Jimin said with a sigh before taking a seat.

...

"Okay everyone, pencils down." Doyoung said. Jisung didn't even have to put his pencil down, he was done an hour ago.

Jisung had to admit, the test was hard, it always is but he simply didn't have the attention to carefully check over his answers anyways. He passed his papers to Doyoung who was gathering them all, leaving the room the second Doyoung dismissed them to go find Jimin. Well, at least that's what he wanted to do until a girl grabbed his arm.

"Hey are you going to lunch?" Nari asked him. Isn't everyone?

"Yeah, I am." Jisung said, pulling his arm out of her grip.

"Can I join you?" Nari asked. Jisung looked around for Jimin, who was no where in sight.

"Yeah I guess." Jisung said before making his way to the lunchroom with Nari.

They got their food and sat down at an empty table. Jisung was about to take a bite of his food when the slam of a tray beside him surprised both him and Nari.

"Thanks for waiting, idiot." Jimin said before taking a seat.

"I was hungry." Jisung whined, giving her a pout. Jimin rolled her eyes.

"Don't give me that look." Jimin said before noticing Nari was there. She glanced at Jisung, who shrugged his shoulders in response.

"Do you two know each other?" Nari asked them. Jisung panicked, knowing that they couldn't expose that they were both part of the agency.

"Yeah, our siblings went to the academy together." Jimin said. Nice save. Jisung thought.

Suddenly a female kitsune from Jisung's clan along with a few other girls began joining their table.

"Jisungie!" The kitsune cried out, making Jisung wince. He looked over and saw Jimin glaring at them, obviously annoyed.

"Uh, hi." Jisung said, giving them a small wave.

"Oh you're right, he is good looking." One of the girls said, a bit too loudly.

"Did you see the man watching us. He was slim and pale and soooo hot." Another girl added. Ten? Jisung thought, cringing at the idea. Their table soon became loud as the girls gossiped, Nari joining them.

Jisung noticed Jimin getting out of her seat. "Where are you going?" Jisung asked her.

"To train, they're too loud and obnoxious, ruining my vibe for the physical." Jimin told him. Jisung quickly stood up.

"Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that." Jisung said, following Jimin out of the lunch room. Jisung noticed Nari glance at them from the corner of his eye so he quickly grabbed Jimin's arm, pulling her away before Nari could follow.

———————————————————————————
Okay so i read a random chapter from one of my completed books and i am so sorry that i don't proofread before publishing because i miss words or write the wrong things down like... geez how do you people read my writing 😂

Anyways, after 4 comebacks straight, idk what to do with myself anymore...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.3K 4.6K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. No matter how hard you look, there's no esca...
cult. By starr

Fanfiction

2.3K 149 11
[NCT DREAM] "we have to find out what happened to mark." tw//mentions of suicide;semi-descriptive gore
54.3K 2.1K 22
Mark: is a demon and also Haechans boyfriend Haechan: totally oblivious as to why his boyfriend pinned him down #9 in Supernatural I hope you enjoy...
231K 7.9K 33
in where a girl texts chenle for fun, but didn't expect him to see it. a crack fic. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • • book 1 of the social media se...