Alone | NCT

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. In a... More

Backstory
Characters (Part 1)
Characters (Part 2)
Characters (Part 3) + HIDDEN Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Book 3 - Captive
Masterlist

Chapter 26

1.5K 99 58
By lost_in_neocity

Renjun brushed his fingers along the wooden desk. He was in his room, the one he grew up in as a child. As he walked by his mirror, he saw his reflection.

Renjun was just barely five feet and three inches tall. He was short for his age, but his parent told him that he would grow quickly over the next few year. The calendar above his desk showed that it was almost his fifteenth birthday.

He made his way downstairs where his parents were sitting at the dinning table. Judging by the look on their faces, they seemed very disappointed.

"Renjun, if you fail another test, you're going to fail the grade." His mother said, passing him the stapled papers. Renjun took a look at the score. It was a flat zero.

What? Renjun thought as he quickly flipped through the pages, reading his answers. Half of them were obviously wrong and they other half were filled with doodles. He put the paper down.

"There must have been a mistake!" Renjun cried but his parents shook their heads.

"No Renjun, you've been failing all your tests every since we moved to the coven. Not to mention you haven't been keeping up with your spellwork either." His father told him.

"Spellwork?" The words barely croaked out of Renjun's mouth.

"Minjee's mother has been trying so hard to teach you but you can't get to get any spell right." His mother said, resting her head in her hands.

"Renjun, you should learn from Minjee." His father said, looking into his eyes.

"Minjee? Minjee doesn't do anything but fool around all day!" Renjun exclaimed but his father stood up, balling his fists.

"Huang Renjun, don't you dare say that. Kang Minjee is one of the best witches this coven has ever seen. She studies hard and practices her spells when she's not. I don't want to hear another word from you. Go straight to your room young man!" His father said, scolding him.

Renjun felt the tears falling down his face as he stomped his feet all the way up to his room. When he got there, he cried in his bed, shoving his face into his pillow. He curled up into a ball, crying himself to sleep.

...

"So Jinsol, your sister, wants me to be her mate?" Chanwoo asked. Jeno nodded, confirming his words.

The two were now sitting on a park bench, enjoying fresh hotdogs from the hotdog stand at the corner of the street. Changwoo had almost changed to his wolf form to attach Jeno but once Jeno had explained that he meant no harm and was Jinsol's younger brother and current member of the agency, he had backed off to listen to the boy's words.

"My father wants her to find one soon, and she doesn't like any of the wolves from the pack." Chanwoo scoffed at his statement.

"Typical Jinsol." Chanwoo said, rolling his eyes. Jeno stared at him.

"What do you know about my sister?" Jeno asked him. Chanwoo let out a small chuckle.

"Jinsol is an interesting one. She never wanted to stay within the lines." Chanwoo said.

"What do you mean by that?" Jeno asked. He had to admit, he barely knew who his sister was ever since she enrolled at the academy. Sure, they lived together but they rarely interacted since his father was adament on training her. He also spent most of his time at the academy.

"She's a rule breaker, always a troublemaker. It seemed that nothing and no one would ever be good enough for her." Chanwoo told him.

"Well she wants you." Jeno muttered but Chanwoo shook his head.

"She wants to break the rules and cause a scene, that's what she wants." Chanwoo said, getting up from his seat, beginning to walk away. Jeno quickly stood up, running after him.

"Wait, my sister wants you to come back with me to the pack!" Jeno called out. Chanwoo stopped, turning around.

"I never did agree, did I?" Chanwoo told him. Jeno froze in his spot. Chanwoo let out a small laugh.

"Give me your phone." Chanwoo said, holding his hand out. Jeno paused for a moment before passing his phone over. He watched as Chanwoo type something in his phone. Suddenly Chanwoo's phone rang, the male taking it out of his pocket.

"I added my number." Chanwoo said, waving his phone. "I'm too tired now but we can chat tomorrow. I'll send you a message when I decide on what we should do." Chanwoo said before turning back around.

Jeno stood there, staring at Chanwoo's back as he walked away, his figure merging with the crowds. Jeno let out a sigh before kicking a rock, wondering if his friends were doing any better.

...

Renjun was knocking on a door furiously.

"What do you want?" Jaemin exclaimed as he opened the door to his room. Renjun was taken aback by Jaemin's intense glare.

"You win, alright?" Jaemin told him, hands balled into fists. "You cheated the system, faked your physical mark. You got that stupid spot you always wanted on the board. You even get Rena too, since guess what, we broke up!"

"I don't even like Rena." Renjun pointed out but Jaemin just yelled back into his face.

"Well she doesn't want me so you can have her." Jaemin said, glaring at him. He was about to close the door but yelled one more thing.

"Congratulations Huang Renjun, I hope you're happy!" Baam. Jaemin slammed the door into his face.

...

Haechan couldn't believe his ears as his brother explained his plan to the faeries and vampires in front of him. Dongwook truly was the epitome of evil.

"Well, that's all for today lil bro." Dongwook said as the walked out onto the streets.

"So all we have to do is sit back and watch?" Haechan asked. Dongwook nodded.

"Until we get that spell stuff figured out, there's nothing more that we can do." Dongwook told him. Great, mission accomplished. Haechan thought to himself as they made their way to a small hostel in a corner.

"One room for me and my brother." Dongwook said to the front desk. The sprite huffed as he passed Dongwook the keys. The two brothers got themselves comfortble in the small room, Haechan taking the couch, letting his brother take the bed. Time to get the man back in confinement.

"So, we have a lot of time on our hands right?" Haechan asked as he lazily scrolled through his phone.

"Yeah, what do you have in mind?" Dongwook asked back.

"I was just thinking-" Haechan paused before shaking his head. "Nevermind." Dongwook sat up from the bed, staring at his Haechan, clearly intrigued.

"Say it." Dongwook demanded. Haechan shrugged his shoulders, continuing to stare at his phone.

"I don't know if you can handle it." Haechan told him. He noticed Dongwook ball his fists from the corner of his eye.

"Oh please Lee Donghyuck, I can do anything." Dongwook said, a hint of anger in his voice. Haechan sighed, putting his phone down.

"I mean, I wanted to take over the Phoenix Kingdom but I'm not sure if you can you know... do it." Haechan said, giving his brother a smirk. Dongwook let out a big breath before lying back onto the bed.

"Pfft, ever since you went to the academy and got control over your power, you think you're all big now. I'll show you." Dongwook mumbled to himself before speaking to Haechan. "We're leaving tomorrow morning."

"Sounds good bro." Haechan said, getting comfortable on the couch, turning away so his back faced Dongwook. He sent a quick thumbs up to Taeyong before placing his phone back into his pocket, falling into a deep slumber.

...

Renjun woke up, the lights blinding him. He sat up, looking around. He was in the agency's clinic, black body bags on the beds around him. Body bags... those hold the dead. He looked down at his body. His clothes were ripped and stained with dried blood. He saw Doyoung sitting in a chair by his bed. Doyoung's face was in his hands and soft sobs could be heard.

"What happened?" Renjun asked him. Doyoung looked up, his eyes bloodshot and puffy.

"I was foolish enough to let you take the lead in the mission, letting the agents follow your strategy but instead, we were ambushed. You were the only one that made it." Doyoung said, as tears fell down his face.

"Team? What team? Who was in my team?" Renjun asked him. Doyoung shook his head.

"Do you not remember? It was Rena, Jaemin, Jeno, Haechan, Chenle, and Jisung. Winwin tried to go in to save all of you but he only got you out, no one else." Doyoung said before eyeing the body bags.

"So.. so.. those are my friends?" Renjun's voice cracked at the last working, pointing to the body bags. Doyoung nodded his head before continuing to sob into his hands.

"I don't believe it." Renjun said, hopping off the bed to open the body bags. He opened up the first one, revealing Rena's mangled face. He shook his head, still in disbelief, opening each of the bags up, but only his friends' faces were revealed. He continued until there was only one more bag left. He opened it up, Jeno's body sitting inside, a silver knife lodged into his chest.

This can't be it. Renjun thought as he began zipping the bag but up, but something caught his eye. He looked at the crescent moon necklace Jeno wore, reaching his hand out in his hands. It felt heavy but there was no aura around it, like it would have if it were spelled.

That's weird, its pure silver but isn't spelled.

Renjun quickly wiped his tears from his face, turning to face Doyoung.

"Where's everyone else? Where were they?" Renjun asked him.

"They were busy." Doyoung answered but that wasn't good enough for Renjun. He took a step towards the male.

"When we go on missions, you always make sure you have eyes on us at all times, through cameras and contact lens. If something seemed wrong, you would call the others and they would arrive quickly, especially with four faeries in the agency now. My friends are all strong, they would all be able hold off the enemy long enough for the others to arrive." Doyoung was taken aback from his words as Renjun stood inches from his face.

"Something's off." Renjun said, narrowing his eyes. He looked at the silver knife in Jeno's body and back at Doyoung.

In a split second, Renjun had removed the knife from Jeno's body and lodged it in Doyoung's.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" Doyoung gasped out, clutching his abdomen.

"This isn't real, this is all an illusion." Renjun said, keeping his tight grip on the knife.

"But-" Doyoung let out a cry as Renjun twisted the knife.

"Stop it, enough time has been wasted." Renjun said.

Doyoung's face no longer wore an expression of pain, his open mouth changing to a smirk as if he was acting all along. Soon, his face morphed into a female's, as the scenary around Renjun changed as well.

The Devil.

Renjun watched as the lady that was once Doyoung stood straight, her jet black hair framing her orange body, black eyes staring back at him with a smirk on her face. She looked almost exactly like the textbooks had depicted, the red horns coming out of her head as she stood in her orange-red floor length dress.

"I guess you're not as stupid as those other mortals." The Devil said, an evil grin on her face.

———————————————————————————

Ryu Chanwoo
- Werewolf
- Lives in the human world
- In love with Jinsol
- Same graduating glass as Doyoung, Ten, and Kun

Hello lovelies, super long update because I wanted to fit in renjun's whole illusion scene (i hope it wasn't too confusing hehe).

it actually took me like an hour to write this o.O but i hope it's not too shabby

Also, doesn't renjun look so good? Have y'all seen his pink hair? It's so cute!! Honestly, I think he changed a lot looks wise cuz during chewing gum and mfal era, he was like a lil baby and now his a full grown man

Doyoung has also been really cute with his bubble posts and the whole produce stuff hehe

I know i said my bias a while ago BUT IT CHANGED AGAIN

I think it's pretty obvious that i'm a hardcore renjun stan, but yangyang really got me this wayv comeback too! I didn't know he was so multi talented, when i heard asteroid i was shook! So now yangyang is my wayv bias! When it comes to 127, i've always been pretty hard jaehyun but dark haired jungwoo really got me there. I'm so happy that jungwoo seems more comfortable now and carefree hehe

if you're ever kunfused, you can use biasorter.tumblr.com/nct to help (maybe idk it made me more kunfused sometimes hehe)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623 15 17
"Oh darling,you don't know anything" 💉started 18.09.23 Book 1 in the Chaconne series
cult. By starr

Fanfiction

2.3K 149 11
[NCT DREAM] "we have to find out what happened to mark." tw//mentions of suicide;semi-descriptive gore
350K 9.6K 65
We all live in a supernatural world. Werewolves, Vampires, Angels, every fiction characters are real. Humans with supernatural powers, normal ones, o...
166K 7.3K 59
༻ Idol AU ༻ "They don't know about the love we have behind the scenes." Book Two in the 'Glitch Mode' Series