Alone | NCT

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. In a... More

Backstory
Characters (Part 1)
Characters (Part 2)
Characters (Part 3) + HIDDEN Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Book 3 - Captive
Masterlist

Chapter 23

1.5K 111 35
By lost_in_neocity

Haechan stared at his brother as he basically inhaled the burger. They were in the human world, New York to be exact. Out of all the places in the human and supernatural world, Dongwook had insisting on going to New York just for their burgers, fries, and milkshakes.

I mean I don't really blame him. Haechan thought. His brother had been held in captivity for a while now so craving a burger honestly wasn't that bad. There were a lot more worse things he could be doing right now.

Dongwook wiped the ketchup from his mouth before unwrapping his sixth burger. He hesistated for a moment before offering it to Haechan. "You want?"

Haechan very much wanted to say no but didn't want to break his cover either. "Of course I do, you pig."

Dongwook smirked as Haechan snatched the burger from his hands, taking a bite. At least it's tasty.

"So Donghyuck," ew, I hate that name. Haechan tried his hardest not to wince at his birth name. "What made you decide to help your brother our here?" Haechan shrugged his shoulders.

"Agency is boring and full of weak people." Sorry friends. "The supernatural world could use some.... excitement." Haechan said with a smirk. A wide grin spread across Dongwook's face.

"Well I'm glad you finally came to your senses because I have a lot on my agenda." Dongwook told him, taking a sip of his milkshake. Yeah, I already knew that.

"Like what?" Haechan asked, taking the milkshake from his brother hands to take a sip. Haechan tried his hardest not to spit it out. Why did he chose strawberry when he could have chosen something like chocolate, vanilla, or cookies and cream?

"Oh, you'll see." Dongwook said, a sparkle in his eye. Haechan gulped. This is not good.

...

For a few days now, Jeno had been getting whiffs of a werewolf in the vicinity, but never close enough for him to track it down. He laid on the bed in the small apartment that the agency had helped him get, wondering what he should do for the day. Watch a movie? Eat alone in a restaurant? Go clubbing? He chuckled at the last thought he had before shaking his head.

Jeno looked at his phone, scrolling through social media. It seemed that Rena was having a great time in the Vampire Castle, and Yangyang had been relaxing. His eyes widened as he looked at the message he had just recieved. It was from his sister.

Jinsol
Any luck?

Jeno scoffed before typing an angry text back.

Jeno

Maybe if you actually gave me a hint or something about him that might actually be useful.

Jeno continued scrolling as he waited for his sister to respond. A moment later, his phone buzzed again.

Jinsol
He likes basketball.

How in the world is basketball supposed to help? Jeno thought as he began typing another angry message back and then it hit him. There was big basketball game that night in the middle of the city, he had seen it on the news last night.

Jeno

Enough to attend a basketball game?

Jinsol
I would assume so, he always watched the games in our lounge at the agency.

Jeno thanked his sister before searching up the game, quickly buying tickets.

This better not be a flop.

...

When Renjun woke up, he was lying on the floor, a dirt floor. His whole body was sore, probably from the fall down to Hell. He sighed before getting up, dusting his clothes off. Unfortunately, he had made the bold decision to wear all black, which he was now regretting as the dirt had covered his entire outfit.

Well this is a great welcome to Hell.

Once Renjun had decided that he had rid enough of the dirt, he made his way forward along the dirt path in front of him. The scenary around him was exactly how Jaehyun had described and simulated for him in the agency. The "sky" was dark, rocky mountains, which he had no desire to climb, surrounded him. There was no other being in sight, only the dirt path in front of him.

Eventually, the path had guided him to a river, where a boat and hooded figure waited for him. How cliché. As Renjun got closer, the figure turned towards him. As it turned around, Renjun realized that it had no face or body, it's "hands" wearing cloves, the robes going down to the floor, hiding its feet. It was holding a staff, three tiny skulls hanging on a chain around the top part of it.

"Who goes there?" The hooded figure boomed.

"Huang Renjun." Renjun said, hands on his hips. He was barely in Hell and he already hated it and wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"You're not dead." The figure pointed out. I sure hope I'm not.

"I'm here to see the Devil." Renjun told him. The figure seemed to nod before speaking again.

"Are you sure you want to enter the depths of Hell?" It asked him. Renjun desperately wanted to say no but knew he had no other choice.

"Yes."

"Very well then. Enter the boat where my collegue will take you to the otherside." The figure said, motioning to the boat. Renjun mumbled a thank you before getting on the boat, where another hooded figure waiting for him. This one was almost identical to the previous one, the only difference was that instead of a staff, this one held a long oar.

Once Renjun was seated, the figure began rowing, making the boat moved. Renjun looked down the river, noting that there seemed to be nothing in sight for a few miles.

This is going to be a long mission.

...

"Where are you going?" Rena asked the males standing in front of her. She was leaving Jaemin's room to return to her own for the night when she bumped into Jaehyun and Winwin.

"I'm going back to the agency. We're going to meet to discuss the solo missions." Jaehyun told her.

"Oh, alright." Rena replied, looking down at her hands. She didn't expect Jaehyun to be going back so soon.

"You have Jaemin and Jimin here anyways. You don't need me." Jaehyun said, giving Rena a small smile.

"Alright, have fun then." Rena said before turning around to head to her own room. Jaehyun turned back to look at the faerie behind him.

"Let's get going then." Jaehyun told him. Winwin opened the faerie door, stepping in. Jaehyun quickly followed behind him.

They excited inside the meeting room, to the surprise of the others. Taeil simply smirked as he leaned back into his chair. Taeil sat beside Taeyong, who had Doyoung on his other side. Winwin quickly left to get Johnny as Jaehyun took his seat beside Taeil.

"How was your winter break so far?" Taeyong asked him. Jaehyun shrugged.

"Nothing interesting." Jaehyun replied, fiddling with his fingers.

"Nothing?" Taeyong asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Seri's doing well, if that's what you wanted to hear." Taeil couldn't help but hold in a laugh at Jaehyun's words. Taeyong had balled his hands in fists. Jaehyun was ticking Taeyong off on purpose.

"If you wanted to hear about Sora's mother, you should have asked directly." Jaehyun said, making Doyoung's head pop up.

Suddenly, Winwin had returned, this time with Johnny. Johnny looked at the members inside, immediately sensing the tension.

"Geez, we haven't even started yet and you already want to kill each other." Johnny said, making Jaehyun scoff. Johnny and Winwin took their seats, signalling the start of the meeting

"Let's just get these updates over with." Taeyong said, leaning back to sleep. He looked towards Taeil.

"I dropped Haechan off at the building yesterday. Judging by the burns we had to heal, I can assume it's going smoothly." Taeil said.

"How do we know he's not going to actually help his brother?" Doyoung pointed out. Taeil let out a small chuckle.

"It's simple, we don't. But knowing Haechan, Dongwook will probably be back in the confinement building quite soon."

...

The Underground City. Haechan followed his brother as they walked through the streets of the marketplace, stopping at the familiar supernatural bar, Cerberus. Dongwook casually opened the doors, despite the sign out front saying that they we're closed. Haechan followed the elder male inside.

"We're closed." The girl at the bar said.

"Oh please, you're always opened for me." Dongwook said with a smirk. Upon hearing Dongwook's voice, the girl looked up, narrowing her eyes.

"What are you going here?" Aria exclaimed. Dongwook motioned to Haechan, so he stepped out from behind his brother.

"Haechan-"

"It's Donghyuck." Haechan said, correcting her. Aria stared at him before slowly nodding her head.

"Alright, Donghyuck." Aria said, not sounding too convinced. Does she know about my mission?

"What do you want from me?" Aria asked, pouring the two males drinks. Haechan watched as Dongwook sat at the bar, slowly sipping the drink before following suite.

"There were a few sirens that wanted to see me. Don't suppose you would know where to find them, would you?" Dongwook asked her. Aria shrugged her shoulders.

"You know I cut ties from the siren choir a long time ago." Aria told him. Dongwook rolled his eyes.

"Fine, what about faeries?"

"I'm a siren, what would I know about faeries?" Aria exclaimed as the cloth in her hands lit on fire, quickly dropping it. The cloth extinguished before it hit the grown, an evil grin on Dongwook's face.

"Whoops." Dongwook said with a chuckle. Aria clenched her teeth as she placed her now burnt hand in a glass of water, healing herself as she glared at Dongwook. "Try again, sweetheart."

"They'll be coming in later tonight. Stick around if you'd like." Aria said, pulling her hand out, drying it off. "Would you two like something to eat while you're here?" She added, looking straight at Haechan.

Haechan wasn't sure if he should answer or not but luckily, Dongwook was ahead of him.

"Two plates of nachos please." Dongwook said, waving his hand. Aria nodded before heading out.

"Oh, and don't you dare tell any of the agents we're here or else your hand won't be the only thing being burnt tonight.

I officially regret taking on this mission.

———————————————————————————

Happy Birthday Seasonies!! <3

It honestly feels like such an honour to have the same birthday as the fandom cuz like nct is saying happy birthday to NCTzens and i'm just here like oh it's my actual birthday too hehehe

Super special day for all of us!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 2.1K 22
Mark: is a demon and also Haechans boyfriend Haechan: totally oblivious as to why his boyfriend pinned him down #9 in Supernatural I hope you enjoy...
cult. By starr

Fanfiction

2.3K 149 11
[NCT DREAM] "we have to find out what happened to mark." tw//mentions of suicide;semi-descriptive gore
209K 16.7K 48
❝ Don't mess with the nonexistent. ❞ when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk on earth. ▬▬ status: completed ✓ a nct dream f...
45.7K 2.8K 33
"You can't wake up from a nightmare, if you're not asleep." Where the eight of them wake up to the inevitable future they were trying to escape. read...