The Old Tuck Shop

By anaisbrimble

Finley Green's life has been nothing but one tragedy after the next. His mother's abandonment and years trapp... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
EPILOGUE

FIFTY-SIX

37 11 12
By anaisbrimble

I sat at the edge of my bed and listened to bands that Charlie had recommended. He had sent me his playlist. Although very emo, it was very good. I removed my earphones when Ton entered the room and smiled.

"How did it go?" I asked, putting my earphones to the side.

"It went... Good," he said, smiling. A genuine smile.

"You excited to go with them?" I asked.

"They want to foster you, too," Ton blurted out. Surprisingly, his smile didn't fade.

"What?" I said. I didn't know how to react. I didn't know if I should be happy, or scared, or confused, or all of the above.

"David thought it was cool that you played the guitar-"

"That's one thing... What happened when I left?" I asked.

"Nothing really. After we met, they went to see Agatha, and they really want to adopt both of us," Ton exclaimed.

I froze. I didn't know what to say.

"You don't have to make up your mind straight away... They understand if you want to come later-"

"I don't understand any of it," I interrupted, shaking my head.

"I know it's sudden... But wouldn't it be great... You said it yourself... You wanted to leave."

I sighed. "Not like this."

"What's wrong with them?" Ton asked, lowering his eyebrows.

"Nothing's wrong with them. They're great, Ton. I just don't want to leave."

"That's a bit contradicting... Didn't you run away for three weeks?" he scoffed.

"I'm not arguing with you over this," I said, putting my earphones back in.

Ton came and sat beside me. "Just think about it, okay. We both need a fresh start... So why don't we have one together?"

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'll think about it."

I didn't say it because I would genuinely think about it, but I just wanted to make Ton happy.

"It's just so sudden, Ton. You have to realise that," I added.

"I know, but we've been saying for years how we want a happy family... What if I can be your brother, Finn. Like an actual brother," Ton said.

I chuckled. "You'll always be my brother, Ton. It doesn't matter where we are."

He smiled. "I think it would be good for us. For you. You're my priority, and I want you to be happy."

"I am happy."

He looked at me. "You can't stay here forever, Finn... And everything that happened a few days ago... You can start anew... Poppy will be forgotten if you come."

I shook my head. "I could never forget her. No matter how far I move away."

"She's your first love, but she won't be your last," Ton patted my back.

"Thanks, dude. I really appreciate it."

"Agatha's made food... I don't know about you, but I am starving," Ton chuckled.

"You greedy pig," I laughed.

Ton snorted and headed downstairs.

I spotted the hoodie Poppy had bought me. I grabbed it, and shoved it under my bed, as if saying goodbye to her, and our story. I breathed a sigh of relief and followed Ton downstairs.

My life was about to change. And I had to make the right decision. For my sake, just as much as Ton's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 260 32
Catherine Spire is close enough to an average teenage girl. She is the captain of the varsity soccer team, she gets all A's and is in all honors clas...
22.1K 474 45
[Highest Rank: #5 In Boy Next Door] (Completed) Isabella Greene always had a very odd life. Her mother was out all the time, busy with her job. Her f...
7.2K 912 34
Haley is a normal, average, run-of-the-mill sixteen year old. She goes to school, deals with drama, and try's her best at everything she encounters...
12.2K 1.2K 64
Brandy Wallace's life had been consumed by a never-ending cycle of rehab centers and failed attempts at achieving sobriety. Despite her unwavering de...