The Old Tuck Shop

De anaisbrimble

Finley Green's life has been nothing but one tragedy after the next. His mother's abandonment and years trapp... Mais

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
EPILOGUE

FORTY-FOUR

46 10 12
De anaisbrimble

I awoke a few hours later. Not naturally, and certainly not because I wanted to. I awoke to the home telephone buzzing from the living room. I staggered up, sniffled, and walked towards it.

"Hello?" I said, my voice was still fragile, but I tried my best to sound as sane as possible.

"Hello? Is this Cae?" a woman said from the other end of the phone. "It's Denise. I'm Lewis' Mum."

"Is everything alright?" I asked, fearing the worst had happened.

"I'm at the hospital right now-"

"Oh my god, is Lewis okay?" I interrupted.

"Yes. He's fine. It's John - Mr Callaghan. He's had a heart attack. Doctor's say he's stable, but I want you to come and see him."

I couldn't say a word. I could only listen. My hand started shaking, causing my lip to tremble. I couldn't bring up the courage to say anything. I just stayed on the line, trying to understand that I might lose the closest thing I have.

"Cae? Are you there?" Denise asked. A silence permeated the phone line.

"Yes, I'm here," I answered, trying to hold back my tears.

"I'm not sure how fast you can get here... but I think he'd want you here," she stuttered.

"I understand," I said. I didn't know what else to say, so I hung up the phone and made my way to the bus stop.

I rest my head against the bus window. It buzzed against my temple. It soothed me. I tried to close my eyes, and relax, but I couldn't. After the argument with Poppy, and possibly losing Cal, my head was a mess. I shook my head and killed both of those thoughts. Things would be fine with Poppy and I. Cal was going to get better. I knew he was.

I reached into my bag and grabbed my bottle of water. It was old, and disgusting, and tasted horrible, but I had lost so much water in the past few days that anything would be able to satisfy my thirst. I took a few gulps, before shoving it back into my bag. The bus trip to the hospital was quite long, so I took the time to look through what supplies I had: four pairs of boxers, two t-shirts, three pairs of socks, a packet of salt and vinegar crisps, and an apple. I bit into the apple and then sighed. I was screwed.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

22.3K 1.9K 26
/and the loveless never find love, only the loving find love./ - D. H Lawrence ♡ Meet April: A sixteen-year-old girl who's spent the last six years...
247 21 20
Poppy is a New York native, born, raised, and adoring of her life on the upper east side. Except for every summer when she's whisked off to a humble...
12.2K 1.2K 64
Brandy Wallace's life had been consumed by a never-ending cycle of rehab centers and failed attempts at achieving sobriety. Despite her unwavering de...
22.1K 474 45
[Highest Rank: #5 In Boy Next Door] (Completed) Isabella Greene always had a very odd life. Her mother was out all the time, busy with her job. Her f...