The Old Tuck Shop

By anaisbrimble

Finley Green's life has been nothing but one tragedy after the next. His mother's abandonment and years trapp... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
EPILOGUE

SIXTEEN

69 13 10
By anaisbrimble

I already knew where Josh lived (I had been there a thousand times already) and it wasn't too far away from Cal's.

He lived in a large, white terrace house, with his mum, younger sister Molly, and older sister Ella.

Ella.

Ella was five years older than Josh and me. She had dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and thick glasses that were adorable. I had the biggest crush on her. She was probably in UNI by now, as she was twenty.

Knocking on the door, I was greeted by his mum Sarah. Without saying anything, she hugged me tightly. She looked exactly like Josh and had the biggest personality, and in a way, she was my Mum too.

"Oh, my goodness! Finn! How have you been babes?" she asked, squeezing me tightly.

"Yeah, everything's been good, Sarah. And you?" I replied.

"Yeah, it's been fab, Molly started year 3, and...oh, Ella's back from Uni for a while."

"That's fab! Is she enjoying Uni? What is she studying?"

"It's taken a while for her to get settled in, but I think she's fine now. She's been studying law. She's been locked up in her room."

"That's good."

"Where is that little monster then? Molly?" I joked.

"Molly! Guess who's here!" she shouted.

Molly peeked from behind the door.

"Is that you, Mollybobs?" I whispered.

She grinned, before giving me a huge hug.

"Finny!" she shouted.

"How have you been Mols? Mammy says that you've started year 3! How's it been?" I asked.

"Hard," she replied.

"How come?" I chuckled.

"They've given us so much bloody homework! I'm only seven you know!"

"Molly!" her mum said, clipping her arm.

"Sorry, but it's just unfair!" She crossed her arms.

"Wait until Uni," a voice giggled.

I turned around. It was Ella. Wow, she looked different. Much different. She had dyed her hair blonde ombré and wasn't wearing her cute ass glasses.

"Ella, how's it been? Your Mam said you're in Uni," I said, hugging her.

"Yeah, it's been great! Molly's already given you sass?" she snickered.

Molly pouted.

"Hahaha. Very funny. I was just making a point."

"Oh, yeah? And what was that?" Ella asked.

"How stressful year 3 is!" she answered.

"I highly doubt that," Ella chuckled, pinching her cheeks.

"Ugh, whatever! I've got a Ben and Jerry's in the freezer that's calling my name." She stormed out of the room.

"She's turned out to be a right diva!" I joked.

"I think the word you're looking for is a little shit," she laughed.

"I heard that!" Molly yelled from the other room.

Ella and I both giggled.

"Right, I'll tell Josh that you're here," Sarah said, walking up the stairs.

"So...lost the specs did you, Ell?"

"Nope, I'm still as blind as a bat, but I've got contacts now."

"Fair play."

"Everything's been good though, with Uni and that?"

"Yeah, it's been great!" she exclaimed.

"So, how's it been with you? Long time no see, eh?" she asked.

"Great, actually," I replied.

"So, have you settled in well? With your adoption? Sorry, Josh told me about it earlier-"

"Finn! You can come up!" Josh yelled from the top of the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

"Sorry Ell, I'll catch up later," I said, walking up the stairs. In a way, I'm glad that Josh had yelled. I wasn't keen on explaining right now.

His room was exactly how it was the last time I was here; the walls were still navy blue, and there were posters of his favourite band Paramore plastered on the walls. His mum had put a blow-up mattress on the floor.

"Welcome to my crib!" Josh said, lying on his bed.

"Good to be back."

"My mam said she's working on dinner, so it'll be done in about half an hour. In the meantime, I don't know about you, but I'm gonna play a round of Fortnite."

I looked confused.

"Come on! You must know what Fortnite is!"

"I don't," I muttered, shaking my head.

He looked shocked.

"I'm guessing you're going to teach me how to play?" I joked.

He nodded, grinning.

"Oh god, help me."

I won't bore you with details, but Josh taught me how to play, and it is quite good. I still don't understand what the fuss is about.

"Yes! The Joshmyster came #1 once again!" he exclaimed. I gave up in the end. I was pretty shit.

"Boys! Food is done!" Sarah shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming mam!"

"So...what is it we're having?" I asked.

"Your favourite. Spag bol."

I licked my lips.

We all sat in the dining room, munching our food.

"So...Finn...Josh tells me that you got adopted...how are they?" Sarah asked, reaching for the cheese.

"Yeah, Mr Callaghan looks after me."

"Aw, he's well lush. Good on you!" Sarah exclaimed.

"Tell him to give me sweets," Molly giggled.

"Haha. I will."

"God, your so cheeky!" Ella giggled.

We all laughed.

"So...how long have you been staying with him?" Molly asked.

"Only a night, I've had other chances to get adopted, but I feel like he was the right choice," I answered.

"No point chatting about me, eh. How've things been at work Sarah?"

"Good, I guess. Actually, good! This new man started work - his name is Paul. We were thinking of going out soon." She smiled.

Ella choked on her drink.

"That's...um...that's great Mam," she said.

"We just have to think of Molly. She gets so attached. You've had two boyfriends Mam this year," she whispered in her ear.

"Two, Ella. I've had two. I thought you'd be happy for me. For us," she whispered back.

"I just think it's not right Mam, it's been fine just us three-"

"Ella, babe, you don't understand. When you're gone, I'll be on my own-"

"I understand Mam. I'm just trying to think of Molly. Since dad left, she's gotten attached to any man that's come through this door," she interrupted.

"I'm not gonna argue with you Ells," she replied.

Ella rolled her eyes, Molly gulped.

"I...um...I'm finished...thank you so much," I said, leaving the table. I didn't want to be caught in the middle of this.

"Yeah. I think I am too. Thanks, Mam," Josh said, walking out of the room.

She smiled at us.

"Have a good night," she said. We walked up to his room and Josh face-planted his pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548 54 17
Lily Clay has everything she has ever wanted, she's captain of her cheer team, one of the most popular girls in school and has almost every guy in sc...
22.1K 474 45
[Highest Rank: #5 In Boy Next Door] (Completed) Isabella Greene always had a very odd life. Her mother was out all the time, busy with her job. Her f...
207K 9.5K 52
-COMPLETED- For the past five years, Whitney Parks has been in foster care. Upon turning eighteen, her brother Levi invites her to live with him, a...
115 1 63
Lifelong friends, Candy Dawson and Elmore Green, realize something the summer before their last year of high school: What they'd called their friends...