Someone Like Him

By nessa129

We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a li... More

Someone Like Him (e)
Chapter 1(e)
Chapter 2(e)
Chapter 3(e)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32(e)
Chapter 33(e)
Chapter 34 (Last Chapter)(e)
Epilogue
NESSA ANSWERS QUESTIONS

Chapter 29

21.6K 1.5K 163
By nessa129

BIG NEWS!!!: the rewritten SLH is up on my account!! Of course, if you're interested in my super super old writing (from my teenage years), this story will still be on here. But the rewritten SLH will be newer and re-edited! I would so appreciate it if you went and checked it out <3

Chapter 29

"You ready?" he asks, turning his head to me with a smirk.

I grin at him and turn my gaze back to where it was before.

"Definitely, I've been waiting forever to do this," I said nodding.

"Let's do this," he says, and we both make our way into my living room, where we start picking up items like pillows, blankets—pretty much whatever you would need to make a fort for a movie night.

I pull two chairs and set them across from each other, and Will drapes a large blanket over the two. I layer another one over it as he grabs three pillows, setting it up against the legs of the chairs. I grab another blanket and lay it on the ground under the one draped over the chairs. We continue to perfect our fort until it looks comfortable enough to be in.

Three minutes and twenty seconds later, we finish making our dumb-looking fort. Obviously we're pros at it.

I shrug as we examine it from a few feet away, "It can be worse."

He laughs, "Yeah, for sure."

I grab my bucketlist paper and a pen from the table and hand it over to him.

Will takes the pen first before grabbing the paper. "I want my boyfriend to build a fort with me," he reads off my paper in a girly voice before breaking out into a laugh. I send him a glare when he glances over at me. He marks the paper with the pen and says, "Check."

I cross my arms, "Well—this is a bucketlist for specifically me and my boyfriend."

"Yeah, you're point?"

"Are you my boyfriend?" I ask sarcastically while raising an eyebrow.

He looks at the bucketlist, then back up at me.

"Well I can't just be your friend."

"Right," I reply back, shaking my head while grinning.

<><><><><><> 

Two bowls of popcorn and one movie later, Will and I lay under our very small sad-looking fort with stuffed stomachs and a very bad case of boredom.

"I'm. So. Bored," I yell out, enunciating on each word.

"That was such a bad movie," he complains.

"Shut up, that was such an amazing movie. The actor was hot."

"No he wasn't," he retorts.

"Yes he was. Ansel Elgort is beautiful."

He scoffs next to me, "Our fort's more beautiful than him."

I stay silent as I shake my head.

"That was such a stupid plot. You were too distracted by his looks to focus on how bad the story-line was. They fall in love and they get separated. It's almost like every other romance movie, except they don't get back together and live happily ever after."

"I don't know. It's more realistic in a way. Because not every couple will end up together with everything they've wished for," I reply to him, "And this fort is not beautiful."

He groans and rubs his eyes. I sit up from the ground and smack his arm, "Would you have rather watched a stupid comedy?"

"Yes, I would," he replies, widening his eyes and nodding his head at me.

"Too late," I mutter.

We sit in silence and it's awkward because the blanket over our head continues to droop down.

I slide over to the side of Will and sigh. He grabs my hand and looks at my wrist.

"You're still wearing the bracelet."

I look down at the blue bracelet. "I really like it."

"Good," he says quietly. He doesn't let go of my hand though.

"Will?" I ask him in a hushed voice.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you lie about nothing happening after we went to the diner before the accident?"

I lean my head onto his shoulder and wait for his response.

His delayed reply comes slowly. It confuses me in a certain way.

"If you couldn't remember what happened, then I didn't want to either."

After a short silence, he adds, "But I'm glad you remembered. Because I never forgot."

I never understand what he means by this—so instead of questioning him, I use my free hand and run my fingers through his messy brown hair. We maintain an eye contact and everything around him disappears.

I stare into eyes—startling blue and lovely—which have never stopped captivating me since the first time I saw him. My heart starts to beat faster and faster after each passing second.

He watches me studying him and grins.

I return his grin with a small smile, still staring at him.

Very slowly, I start to lean in towards him, my hand still through his hair.

I pull him closer to me.

I feel the warmth between us grow as we get closer. I watch him slowly close his eyes, finding myself doing the same.

But before anything goes further, we get a small malfunction.

The blanket that was hanging over our heads just a second ago by an inch falls down and drapes onto us—messing up everything.

Instead of being angry, something bubbles inside of me and I find myself laughing out loud. I continue to laugh as Will pulls the blanket up over our heads, staring at me with a small smile. "That was great," I say through breaths. He shakes his head and chuckles himself, looking down at the ground with a smile.

I sit up on my knees and shuffle my way to him again.

When I get close to him, I ask, "What are you doing later?"

He shrugs, "Homework, I guess. Why?"

I nod my head slowly, "No reason. Just wondering what you're up to."

"Are you and Kate okay?"

My gaze falls to the ground and I shake my head. "No, we haven't talked for almost three weeks."

"But she knows that I'm not mad anymore. She knows that I'm with you now, right?"

"I don't talk to her, so I wouldn't know," I reply to him.

He looks at me once more and nods before saying, "I should go back."

"Okay," I respond to him as he gets up from the ground, helping me up afterwards.

"Do you want me to help clean this?" He points at our fort. I smile and shake my head.

I walk him out to the front, opening the door for him. He steps out onto my front porch and I follow.

Will turns around and puts his hands into his pockets. "I'll see you tomorrow, maybe?"

I nod my head with a small smile.

He starts to turn around slowly. I start to frown.

That's it?

He walks down the porch and makes his way to my driveway.

I find my voice, and without thinking, I yell, "Well aren't you going to kiss me?"

My eyes bulge out and I can feel my cheeks flame up. I'm so lady-like.

I compose my embarrassed face and watch him turn around and stare at me for a few seconds with an unreadable expression.

I'm not sure if he found that weird or...well, just weird.

Because that was so weird.

Instead of laughing or embarrassing me further, he surprises me by walking back to where we were earlier.

He stands across from me and studies me. "You're amusing," he mutters.

"But I like that," he adds on quietly.

He lifts his hand and cups the right side of my face lightly and pulls me close to him.

He then presses his lips on mine and gives me a light soft kiss.

Maybe my strange outbursts aren't that bad after all. 

~~~~~~~~~

YAY FOR DRAMA-FREE CHAPTERS. MORE DRAMA IS YET TO COME, SO ENJOY THIS WHILE IT LASTS!

How was everyone's Christmas? I had a blast :)

Vote, Comment, Ship. #willey

Can we please get last chapter/this chapter to 35+ votes please?

Love, Nessa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
233 0 43
(Exactly what it sounds like. It's really not a love story. ) "Do you like me?" You're straight forward I forget that sometimes. I open the drink and...
3.1K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
16K 217 13
A collection of shorts stories and a vast amount of feelings. Anywhere from unrequited love to the beginning of something beautiful! Most are cheesy...